It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google commits suicide.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
While two billion Christians around the world celebrate Easter Sunday, Google is using its famous “Doodle” search logo art to mark the birth of left-wing labor leader Cesar Chavez. While i use Google and really like it, i will be using a different search engine in the future and assume many people will too. This "politically correct" travesty will most likely cost Google big bucks. They just pissed off 2 billion people. Whether you are a believer or not this flies in the face of reason and they will not get through it unscathed. They went too far left.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I was puzzling over that last night when I saw it. Of all the choices they could have made they chose Chavez?? What the deuce?

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

What's wrong with it?
Cesar Chavez day is March 31, every year.

link   
Screen shot?

I cannot get google.COM...... I get google.CA

+102 more 
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Since youre concerned about google showing its support for religious holy days / events, I assume you are also in favor of them putting up special little banners for, oh I dont know... Muharram? And Safar? And Ramadan? I believe over 1.6 billion people celebrate those times as very special.

Oh wait... those arnt YOUR holy days... so they are a no go I must assume.

Perhaps instead of getting indignant that your religious views are not being catered too by a non-religious entity that has nothing to do with your religion... you could recognize its not really a big deal in any way, shape, or form, and move on with your life and drop the cliche hyperbole and ridiculous thread titles.

edit on 3/31/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If people are small minded enough to actually get upset because of it, I feel sorry for them. Not everybody has the same beliefs. Perhaps they did not want to offend the remaining 5 billion people who could actually care less about easter? We have alot more things wrong in the world today than worrying about the google sign of the day.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Could it have something to do with the date?

Cesar Chavez Day is an official state holiday in the U.S. states of California, Colorado and Texas. The day is commemorated to promote service to the community in honor of Cesar Chavez's life and work. Many, but not all, state government offices, community colleges, and libraries are closed. Many public schools in the state are also closed. Texas also recognizes the day, and it is an optional holiday in Arizona and Colorado. Although it is not a federal holiday, President Barack Obama proclaims March 31 as Cesar Chavez Day in the United States, with Americans being urged to "observe this day with appropriate service, community, and educational programs to honor Cesar Chavez's enduring legacy."[1] In addition, there are celebrations in his honor in Arizona, Michigan, Nebraska, and New Mexico and has been observed in California since 1995, in Texas since 2000 and in Colorado since 2003 as state holidays (optional in Texas and Colorado).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I am still annoyed with Google for never giving Shakespeare props on their main page on his birthday.

I was a little puzzled at the current google homepage honoree. I honestly don't have a clue who the guy is but i have heard his name.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Google commits suicide.

Tens years ago? Maybe but, not today. Faith is happy target of modern culture. Anti-religious militancy is at an all time high and growing.

Personally, I wasn't so much offended by the fact that Google omitted Easter as I was in the way that Chavez was/is presented... more than slightly representative of how one might depict a saint, not a political figure from history like Mao Tse Tung or General Franco.

Of course, it is all about personal opinion and taste. If any of us, as a consumer and web user disapprove, we simple click to another website. The message will definitely get through.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Originally posted by jimmiec
While two billion Christians around the world celebrate Easter Sunday...

...by buying copious amounts of egg shaped chocolate and telling children the magical tale of the Easter Bunny?

They just pissed off 2 billion people.

Surely those 2 billion people will be far too busy at chur- oh no wait...

Whether you are a believer or not this flies in the face of reason and they will not get through it unscathed.

Something tells me they will.

CX

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Do you really think two billion Christians will be upset over this?

Probably a handful will take notice, most others will be too busy to even bother about it.

As for suicide, i'd bet money that Google won't be crumbled by a few disgruntled Christians.

CX.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Do you really think two billion Christians will be upset over this?

Probably a handful will take notice, most others will be too busy to even bother about it.

As for suicide, i'd bet money that Google won't be crumbled by a few disgruntled Christians.

CX.

Yeah well, at least we don't riot and our clerics don't issue death edicts because somebody insults our chosen deity.

Disgruntled Christians are easy to kick in the shin.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
personally i couldn't care less. religion means nothing to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You forget, they are the ones most readily pacified and easily persuaded to comply.
Just look at how the major Holy Days line up with the pagan calendar...and they KNOW this and just go along. Google won't suffer one iota.

edit on 31-3-2013 by wirefly because: To Add

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Yeah well, at least we don't riot and our clerics don't issue death edicts because somebody insults our chosen deity.

What are you talking about? Easter is a floating holiday. It goes by a different calendar than ours. March 31 is set for Chavez day. Do you know who Cesar Chavez is? Clue, it isn't the South American leader that just died. Secondly, you'll probably find that most Christians IN THE WORLD are left leaning. Remember America is only a mere fraction of the world's population. Get bent out of shape all you want but it's not going to impact Google in the least.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I was a little puzzled at the current google homepage honoree. I honestly don't have a clue who the guy is but i have heard his name.

I think he invented a salad.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oh noes. There is a war on Easter!!!!!!

I am going to google and find out who started it. Then I am going to make my own thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i saw that today and said to myself... hmmmmm

+8 more 
link   
Good Grief

Cesar Chavez
Activist
Cesar Chavez was an American farm worker, labor leader and civil rights activist, who, with Dolores Huerta, co-founded the National Farm Workers Association. Wikipedia

He was a GREAT man

link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Good Grief

Cesar Chavez
Activist
Cesar Chavez was an American farm worker, labor leader and civil rights activist, who, with Dolores Huerta, co-founded the National Farm Workers Association. Wikipedia

He was a GREAT man

All a matter of opinion as well

<<   2  3  4 >>

join