It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google commits suicide.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

We have the right to question your beliefs when you keep trying to bring those beliefs into Government and everyday life.
Stop trying to preach to us and convert us and maybe we will not bother you all.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

We have the right to question your beliefs when you keep trying to bring those beliefs into Government and everyday life.
Stop trying to preach to us and convert us and maybe we will not bother you all.

I appreciate your comments on this thread. You make my point brilliantly. Your total intolerance of anyone elses views but your own make my case extremely easy to see.

Keep up the good work!!
Happy Easter ( belated) And may God bless you.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

*I* did not try to bring them into government, but keep making inaccurate statements if that appeals to you.
I expressed real offense from the obnoxious comments - vile, hateful comments - directed at all Christians and the faith in general by people commenting on news stories about the Google Doodle. I am increasingly inclined to think that those kinds of hateful comments come from people who simply haven't found real happiness in their life. (And yes, that includes so called Christians who make hateful comments).

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Your reply is completely uneducated. Try again.

Yeah, and yours is very incisive. Please educate me as to what I said that doesn't sound educated. Oh yeah, you got nothing but your lame one-liner in response to all I have written in response to you and your entitlement-demanding "Christian" fellow travelers.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

reply to post by BrazilianAnarchist

Google claims to not celebrate holidays with their doodles and generally have not. Obama made March 31st a national holiday in 2011 to celebrate Cesar Chavez birthday. All the sudden they create doodles for that holiday and you think that is no coincidence? It is part of the agenda to take God out of America. Sure, it is a tiny part. It is nevertheless a part of an agenda.

You claim that everything I have said has been uneducated, yet you don't know what a holiday is. A holiday is a day of commemoration in which ordinary business is suspended (look it up at dictionary.com). All Cesar Chavez' b-day is, is a commemoration day honoring him; it is not a holiday.

And yes the timing of Google's making a CC doodle is highly suspicious -- perhaps it has to do with the fact that this day of commemoration was only recently enacted and that Google was clueless to CC's b-day before this.

Google has doodles celebrating various inventors and such -- again on their b-days. Is this also part of the godless agenda?

As for taking "God" out of America, I'm guessing you don't mean the omniscient, omnipresent invisible sky god per se, but rather the worshiping of said divinity. Since this "God" gave a commandment a long time ago that "Thou Shall Not Kill," yet the US and state governments having been killing folks since the beginning of this nation, and this country is now engaged in handing out medals of honor to private contractors, i.e. mercenaries, who remotely kill innocent civilians thousands of miles away using drones, that this country long ago gave up any pretexts of following the laws laid down by this "God" of yours. So "God" has been let/kicked-out of the barn/church a long time ago here in the US.

Furthermore, people can believe in this, that or the other god all they want in the US, but to impose upon this country a belief and worship of a particular god strictly contravenes the US constitution. Anyone pushing for such a state-sponsored religion clearly has no respect for the US constitution, and hence is anything but patriotic, and is clearly UNAMERICAN.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I appreciate your comments on this thread. You make my point brilliantly. Your total intolerance of anyone elses [sic] views but your own make [sic] my case extremely easy to see.

Keep up the good work!!
Happy Easter ( belated) And may God bless you.

You got that backwards, Ace, your posts are making our points. You're the one stomping your feet and huffing -- metaphorically speaking -- because others have the gall (in your eyes) not to bow down to your "God" and religious belief system, and to acknowledge your (apparently) holy days. A poster says we have a right to challenge your beliefs if you try to force them on us, and in response you say this person is making your point for you. How so?

No one is stopping you from believing in what you want to believe. No one is keeping you from saying what you want to say. All we our doing is saying, don't tell us what to believe or do. And if you keep doing so, people will call you on it.

Your claim, i.e. the point of your thread, is that Google's action of acknowledging Cesar Chavez Day instead of "celebrating" Easter with a painted egg or a bloody Jesus on a cross or whatever is more evidence of an agenda by some malevolent element in this country to take "God" -- by which I imagine you mean Christianity, even though there are a number of other religions with their own "God" or gods -- out of our culture. How do does people not buying your claims and in addition refuting the idea that secular organizations should celebrate your personal religious holidays in any way make your point?

You've yet to provide any compelling evidence that the US was ever a Christian nation or based on Christian principles, and I have cited evidence to the contrary, in particular the fact that the US doesn't follow the First Commandment, along with the fact that the democratic/republican basis of our political system has no Biblical foundation whatsoever but has to do with pre-Christian democratic Greece and republican Rome, as well as ideas of freedom that gained favor during and after The Enlightenment. The only thing in the US constitution that jives with Christianity is the 3/5th clause regarding slavery, and the Bible does have things to say about slavery, such as:

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." -- Leviticus 25:44-46

and:

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." --Exodus 21:20-21

and:

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." -- Ephesians 6:5

So yes, the US used to follow one Biblical tenet -- and a terribly disgusting one at that -- but we fought the Civil War, which ended in the the abolishment of this abhorrent institution.

And may the Flying Spaghetti God immaculately conceive with you when you least expect it (this is a blessing in the Church of the FSG, so please take no offense by it)
edit on 5-4-2013 by MrInquisitive because: Had more pertinent Bible quotes to add.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join