It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2013-2019

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

4. The nuclear weapons of the DPRK can be used only by a final order of the Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army to repel invasion or attack from a hostile nuclear weapons state and make retaliatory strikes.

5. The DPRK shall neither use nukes against the non-nuclear states nor threaten them with those weapons unless they join a hostile nuclear weapons state in its invasion and attack on the DPRK.

6. The DPRK shall strictly observe the rules on safekeeping and management of nukes and ensuring the stability of nuclear tests.

Full article below:
umpa.tk...

Pointless doublespeak that nullifies it’s self.

They are stating that if you are a non nuke nation, they won’t nuke you.

But…. Big but here…. If you act in support of a nuclear nation, then you will be open to being nuked.

Lets translate that. There is one nuclear nation that is trying to stand in the way of NK’s goals. That is the US. If you try to oppose any activity that NK may be trying to do, then it will be assumed that you are acting in support on the US. Thus, you will be open to being nuked.

Let me do a second stage translation.

If you act against NK’s goals, then you are open to being nuked. That is unless of course, that every nation that may want to oppose NK has been disarmed of nuclear weapons. That would mean that they would be the only one to have them, then that rule would come into affect and his military would be bared from using them.

Talk about a scary thought…..

Then again, if that situation happened, he could just unwrite the rule and tell his troops to use them anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

US Forces Korea website down for hours, military looks into cause

Could this be a cyber-attack?

Fox News Article
edit on 4/2/2013 by spark9576 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
could be www.usfk.mil... some other ASIA net works web sites have been up and down sense last night 2:00am my time US Ut, some are still a hit and miss or take for ever to come up.This would not the first time DPRK has done a DNS on US or on the SK. Been trying to prove or disprove the PLA mil build up along the DPRK border, so far disproving it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
To answer questions above
31/03/13 Anonymous declares war on North Korea, disables government websites
www.examiner.com...

Tango down: Anonymous disables several North Korean government websites in Operation North Korea (#OpNorthKorea).

An Anonymous hacktivist cell identified as Anonymous_Korea launched successful DDOS (distributed denial of service) attacks on multiple North Korean state websites on Saturday, March 30, only hours after the North Koreans issued an inflammatory statement declaring that they had entered into a "state of war" with South Korea.

edit on 2-4-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
04/02/2013 U.S. deploys second warship as North Korea tensions rise

www.reuters.com...

U.S. defense officials announced on Monday that the USS John McCain, an Aegis-class guided-missile destroyer used for ballistic missile defense, was being put into position to operate off the Korean peninsula.

U.S. officials confirmed to Reuters on Tuesday that another destroyer, the USS Decatur, was en route toward the region to provide ballistic missile defense options. No further details were given.

edit on 2-4-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wow, now that's weird. Thx for the update, but do you mind putting the date in your headline

Thrust me, in a month people will be appreciate it if they know dates

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
We should just fly a bunch of non-stealth fighters right up to the limits of SK airspace, then turn back....forcing them (NK) to spend fuel as they send up intercepts...Just rinse and repeat, and see how fast they run out of jet fuel....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerschmetterling
U.S. deploys second warship as North Korea tensions rise

www.reuters.com...

U.S. defense officials announced on Monday that the USS John McCain, an Aegis-class guided-missile destroyer used for ballistic missile defense, was being put into position to operate off the Korean peninsula.

U.S. officials confirmed to Reuters on Tuesday that another destroyer, the USS Decatur, was en route toward the region to provide ballistic missile defense options. No further details were given.

This is alarming..

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Agreed, I don't think they will allow Kim Jong-Un to prove himself. I think they don't want to make the same mistake again ( see deceased Kim )

link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Makes sense, their primary purpose is missile defense. If NK does start launching missiles, Aegis and PAC 3 missiles can mount a pretty decent defense grid.

link   
While i do not agree whole heartedly with north Koreans actions. i do agree with them not wanting to conform to society's way, the "worlds way" Why should they have to act like other country's? Why should they have to do what The united states of bullies tells them to do? ANSWER THAT! Leave them alone and they will do no harm... maybe they are tired of that neighbor you and i have that always complains about something... I refuse to conform to the majority of idiots in this world... I am with north Korea on this issue! United states! Stop trying to take over the world and fix your OWN PROBLEMS first!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Some could say they are just provoking him untill he does something stupid and then take the moral high ground.
I know this won't make me popular on ATS but so far he hasn't done anything wrong. They are taking actions as if it was Big daddy Kim.

I don't approve of his methods, but I can't judge him on his actions since he hasn't made them... Yet.
The approach now is just asking for war.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
More head lines from english.yonhapnews.co.kr... to many yo list but here is the top story

(3rd LD) Park calls for strong deterrence against N. Korea
SEOUL, April 2 (Yonhap) -- South Korean President Park Geun-hye said Tuesday that discouraging North Korea from provocations through strong diplomatic and military deterrence is just as important as punishing the communist nation after provocations.

Park made the remark when she presided over a meeting with foreign affairs and security-related ministers as Pyongyang has churned out near-daily threats of war on the Korean Peninsula, according to presidential spokesman Yoon Chang-jung.

"Though it is a must to strike back strongly in the event of North Korean provocations, what is just as important is for us to keep North Korea from even harboring provocations through strong diplomatic and military deterrence," Park said during the meeting, according to Yoon.

Park also said the current security situation is "grave."
there is more to read but to long to post.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Why should they have to do what The united states of bullies tells them to do? ANSWER THAT! Leave them alone and they will do no harm

Not just the US...the world's major nuclear powers (including their buddies Russia and China) also don't want nuclear proliferation in Asia. ALL the big boys are coming down on him. Is it fair? No, but who ever said life was fair? The rules are decided by those in charge. Is it any different where you live? You want to buck the system....fine...but you have to deal with the consequences, simple as that. Maybe you're happy with letting a nutjob threatening to launch missiles at you off the hook, but we tend to take offense to those kinds of things.

The great thing about nukes is that it keeps the world a bit more stable (no major world wars) due to Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD). When you have wackos that threaten to actually USE them, you tend to get everyone's hackles raised...and they'll only take so much before taking more drastic steps to resolve the problem.

Of course, we won't here though. We'll talk it out, lift some sanctions, accept his promises (even knowing they are lies), just so everyone saves some face and we can all go back to normal until he decides to pull the stunt again (and why shouldn't he?....it WORKS)....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Some could say they are just provoking him untill he does something stupid and then take the moral high ground.
I know this won't make me popular on ATS but so far he hasn't done anything wrong. They are taking actions as if it was Big daddy Kim.

I don't approve of his methods, but I can't judge him on his actions since he hasn't made them... Yet.
The approach now is just asking for war.

Threatening a nation with nukes isn't "wrong" in your book? Ignoring deals he's made in the past for granted aid isn't "wrong"? He's done plenty that is "wrong". If only it WAS Big Daddy Kim. At least he was predictable, and adhered to the script. Lil' Kim is completely off script, and hasn't been in power for long enough to know what's in that screwball head of his.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
02/04/13
NK Starts reactor

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea said on Tuesday that it would put all its nuclear facilities — including its operational uranium-enrichment program and its reactors mothballed or under construction — to use in expanding its nuclear weapons arsenal, sharply raising the stakes in the escalating standoff with the United States and its allies.

02/04/13
BBC NEWS

North Korea 'crisis gone too far' says UN's Ban Ki-moon

UN chief Ban Ki-moon has said the North Korea "crisis has gone too far" after Pyongyang announced plans to restart its main Yongbyon nuclear complex.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Senduko

Me

Threatening a nation with nukes isn't "wrong" in your book? Ignoring deals he's made in the past for granted aid isn't "wrong"? He's done plenty that is "wrong". If only it WAS Big Daddy Kim. At least he was predictable, and adhered to the script. Lil' Kim is completely off script, and hasn't been in power for long enough to know what's in that screwball head of his.

Look i'm not the kind of person who can pick a side so easy. Threatening a nation WITH nukes is wrong and foolish. The sentence can be viewed from two angles.

A) Threatening a nation( USA) WITH nukes is foolish since clearly NK doesn't have them and America does.
B) Threatening a nation with nukes( when you have none ) is stupid. Since everyone knows they don't have them so why bother with these actions.

What has he done wrong so far? I'm asking, not implying I know. I'm just curious to know why. Did Lil kim shell those islands in 2010? No.

If we ought to blame some guys, blame those war hunger generals. Just like in the USA they wield power.

I will be the first to say i'm wrong if anything happens. But until then i'l stay neutral and just post updates and hope I can come to the same conclusion as everyone else saying his the face of evil.

Edit: A quick look at wikipedia gave me this .

Human rights violations

See also: Human rights in North Korea
Many reports indicate that the human rights violations under the leadership of Kim Jong-i are continued by Kim Jong-un, ordering to kill defectors,conducting public executions and sending people to political prison camps. It is assumed that he was involved in the bombardment of Yeonpyeong and the Cheonan sinking to strengthen his military credentials and facilitate a successful transition of power from his father.
The 2013 report on the situation of human rights in North Korea by United Nations Special Rapporteur Marzuki Darusman urged for a United Nations commission of inquiry to document the accountability of Kim Jong-un and other individuals in the North Korean government for alleged crimes against humanity.

So nothing conclusive if you ask me, just allot of presuming this and assuming that. And allegedly. Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

As I understand it, it'd take some major construction to even start the repairs needed there, so this sounds like even more empty rhetoric from Lil' Kim.

To above:

the face of evil

I don't think he's evil. Naive, and uninformed perhaps, but I do believe he really sees himself as some kind of hero for his people...largely because that is likely how he was raised. However, he's threatening REAL lives, and needs a little reality check.

Nobody is a saint on the world stage. Every nation does unsavory things to further their own ends. But, tick off enough people (or the wrong people), and you have to expect you're going to back yourself in a corner.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You could be correct...but the added words of Ban Ki-Moon breeds inlittle more sustainence into the mix....but anyone nations playing with nukes is a bad thing.

Not saying a thing on direction...just combining news stories and info as it relates to each other,.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join