It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2013-2019

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

You asked what he did wrong...here's some...

Many reports indicate that the human rights violations under the leadership of Kim Jong-il[105] are continued by Kim Jong-un,[106] ordering to kill defectors,[107] conducting public executions[108] and sending people to political prison camps.[109] It is assumed that he was involved in the bombardment of Yeonpyeong[110] and the Cheonan sinking[111] to strengthen his military credentials and facilitate a successful transition of power from his father.[112]

The 2013 report on the situation of human rights in North Korea[113] by United Nations Special Rapporteur Marzuki Darusman urged for a United Nations commission of inquiry[114] to document the accountability of Kim Jong-un and other individuals in the North Korean government for alleged crimes against humanity.[115]

Of course, all of these things are pretty par for the course, for a closed society...but eh... Basically, he extorts his nuclear program in exchange for food and other aid. Of course, we enable that extortion by agreeing to it...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I kinda beat you to it :p See two posts back, well like I said I agree with you that he has a messiah complex and naive, but apart from that i'm on the side for now.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Yep, see your edit now...
And fair enough point. Even though I'm an American, and would like to see him out of power, I don't necessarily wish him dead or anything. I just want a more stable leadership in NK, even if another dictator...preferably one a little more pro-human rights, and plays ball with both the West and China.

Reply to another:

but anyone nations playing with nukes is a bad thing.

Agreed. Even if NK uses a nuke though, we won't. I can almost guarantee that. We have nothing to gain, only to lose, by using them. We could accomplish any of our potential military objectives in NK without them, so I can't see us doing so.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Like always in this messed up world you can only choose the lesser evil.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

well if you look at he real reports to sick to post on ATS i have put up the news links from the ASIA news sources, that tel how sick Un and the DPRK leader ship is to their own people, What Un is doing or trying to do is tell the world yes we can and will have nukes and we will have a one nation Korea, i think he his pushing the US SK to make the first strike to say they the US SK are the evil not him and thus would bring China to his aid so far this has not worked we have provoked him and continue to do so B52 B2 F22 Sanctions/ and war games. Un can save face by saying he [once we are done with the war games] has driven off the mighty aggressors US SK.

The problem now lies with him wanting and saying he, no matter what, will have nukes , this in it self will bring on more sanctions. UN is not happy with this nor is China, for now he has backed him self into a corner that only he can get him self out of, that option is war. SK has had it China has had it we the US are not taking any chances buy putting up more west coast defenses this should saying the US Gov/CIA and Mil Intel knows more about his er DPRK's forces than we do. This in it self should tell us, yes he has nukes or missiles that can reach the Mainland USA.

I have friends that are in the Know I wish I could put up proof of what I am telling you , but time will tell , and it is not good.

So what is Kim to do ? He has to know if he does any attack on SK or US it is game over for him, his only hope is China and what he is doing is not pleasing to them if anything he Kim Jong Un is driving a wedge between him and China.

This is a plus for us the US SK, for if China does have enough of Him, they just might give us US SK the green light to take of him and the DPRK, It is not that simple but that is the gist of it.

edit on 2-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
BREAKING!

'North Korea Shows Signs of Test-Firing ICBM'

world.kbs.co.kr...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
BREAKING!

'North Korea Shows Signs of Test-Firing ICBM'

world.kbs.co.kr...

That will not go down too well. However, if the missile defense system takes it out then NK will have egg on their face and the US will have shown just how useless their threats are.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What I'm hearing is that no matter what they launch and their intention, they are going to shoot them down. Test or not, it's going to be intercepted.

This is about to get extremely interesting.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

That's right, they won't even make it mid air. *shrugs* Bad times ahead

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

I think "mid air" counts as a successful launch in NK

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

And of course, they'd consider it an act of war. Very bad times ahead.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Oh now not an other free beacon report?? Might as well come from Info wars

The Washington Free Beacon says North Korea’s missile units are showing signs of test-firing intercontinental ballistic missiles.
form the link world.kbs.co.kr...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Unreliable source ?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by bekod

Unreliable source ?

I'm looking at the Beacon's website right now and can not find this anywhere there.

ETA: I can only find it at KBS and over at GLP using Google.
edit on 2-4-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Okay, this is a case of taking part of an actual news story and trying to sensationalize it even further. This article from "KBS" claims it's source is the Beacon, when the Beacon has no such article.

HOWEVER:

If we look at the Washington Times article, we find this article from yesterday:

There are also indications North Korea will soon conduct a flight test of its new KN-08 road-mobile ICBM or its intermediate-range Musudan mobile missile. Test preparations had been detected in the past, the officials said. Read more: p.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Someone is playing games here......

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Okay, this is a case of taking part of an actual news story and trying to sensationalize it even further. This article from "KBS" claims it's source is the Beacon, when the Beacon has no such article.

HOWEVER:

If we look at the Washington Times article, we find this article from yesterday:

There are also indications North Korea will soon conduct a flight test of its new KN-08 road-mobile ICBM or its intermediate-range Musudan mobile missile. Test preparations had been detected in the past, the officials said. Read more: p.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Well before with the last 2 long range missile/satellitte test.. US/SK/JP said if it was a threat it'd be shot down;however, anything they launch now, IMO, is considered a threat.

Didn't remote viewers says Nuclear Explosion in Korea, then Killshot next?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by eriktheawful

HOWEVER:

Well before with the last 2 long range missile/satellitte test.. US/SK/JP said if it was a threat it'd be shot down;however, anything they launch now, IMO, is considered a threat.

Didn't remote viewers says Nuclear Explosion in Korea, then Killshot next?

No idea as I don't pay too much attention to the RV crowd on here, however, this would NOT be a good time for them to finally get a prediction right.

However, I think I need to get up off the computer and take a break, fresh air, cool drink, look at the spring flowers blooming. Been on here too long today watching posts about NK.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Well form time to time yes the free beacon will , how do i say it make up story's news based on events, just might as well use info wars or
SF er Sch Fail news as news source

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

and as i have pointed out it is from Free beacon

Showdown looming: China mobilizing troops, jets near Korea
Comments (99)
Size: + / -
Print
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on google_plusone_shareShare on redditShare on linkedinShare on stumbleuponShare on emailMore Sharing Services

By Bill Gertz - The Washington Free Beacon

Monday, April 1, 2013

Read more: p.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
As far as I can tell there is no missile test in the DPRK or by Un or in North Korea, just more poo for the mass. as if to say OHH looky here DPRK to test missile! we better hit them now or first"

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The is an other matter, there are reports of China's PLA being put on High Alert this too is a FB report no such thing has happened. For any reaction form China would be here www.microsofttranslator.com... and all seems to be quite today english.yonhapnews.co.kr... no news is either good ,or could be the quite before the storm, got to look at both sides of the coin

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join