It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim leaders say - Muslims are Above U.S. law and - Do Not - have to obey Our Laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

And the nations controlled by Islam have far more extremism.

While the west has its problems, it is not nearly as bad as as Muslim controlled nations.

The nations of the west have every right to seek to prevent the extremists from invading our nations.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Yeah, I know, and they don't represent me.

I believe in a strong military, not our current situation.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
This shouldn't be in war on terrorism.

better in religion conspiracy.

Took me a long while to decide where to put this thread. I did conciser Conspiracies in Religion but felt it served a better purpose here in War on Terrorism.

Why?

Because although it is also a religious conspiracy it is attitudes and public spoken phrases like the above that incite hate, violence and terrorism - which is the larger issue. Now, this nut case can talk all he wants because it's protected under free speech so I can't touch that ( Heck this guy knows how lucky he is.. in an Islamic world run by Shariah law he could get stoned for making the same statement - how Ironic) But I can help educate the people to be on the lookout to help stop terrorism before it starts.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by daryllyn

Originally posted by daryllyn
This is going to sound harsh, and it might not be a popular opinion, but, I will stand by it:

Want sharia law? Go back to where you came from.

This is America.

You don't get to barge in here and start making demands and you certainly aren't 'above the law'.

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of any organized religion, just for the record and so no one thinks I am only picking on Islam.
edit on 27-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Agreed however, the OP is either unaware of the facts or biased.

The original article is from 1998.

His first source from 2006 asks this question: Did CAIR founder say Islam to rule America?

The first paragraph starts out with:

"...alleged 1998 assertion..."

The statements have been called a:

"Total fabrication". “She’s lying,” Ahmad said upon hearing Gardiner’s defense of the story. “Absolutely, she’s lying".

Ahmad said it was only in 2003 that he learned of Gardiner’s story, and by then it was too late to press any legal action.

“I would have gone there and sued them if I had known about it,” he said.

The link to the original article from 1998 isnt working, but even then, this article from 2006 says that:

The 1998 Argus article, also published in the sister San Ramon Valley Herald, paraphrased Ahmad...

So its not nor ever was a direct quote...

This entire thread is a fail.

We have already covered this on page 2. That one quote is the second and lesser quote in my post. The main quote where Mustafa Carroll says “If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land,” is recent.

You cannot dismiss that so easily as the second lesser quote. In fact if you actually read the link, you will see they admitted themselves that this second quote was "alleged" so no one is trying to fool anyone..

I even say that in my Opening Post !

Carroll’s statement was similar to a statement allegedly made by CAIR co-founder
So it seems you guys are grasping at straws to make this not real and go away but you cannot do it.

Why are you acting as an apologist for CAIR and Mustafa Carroll? Again, No Muslim has answered my question YET. LOL - Perhaps you can step up to the plate and be the first. What do you think of CAIR and Mustafa Carroll and these statements and ideals?

Darn funny how I keep asking that and all the Muslims are so tight lipped about it.. like they are hiding something seems to me. If that assumption is wrong, lets talk about it.

edit on 28-3-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: edit

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You just make my day, I am laughing after reading your post.

Sadly the sleepers are starting to sharpen their teeth and trouble will start to boil out, because that is what radical Muslim are all about, apologist can come out and fall blue on their butt trying to find an excuse for radicalism behavior, these groups have an agenda and peace is not in their list, I have been telling this for years.

And I will keep telling about it.
America is been reaped apart by all kind of agendas and muslim radicalism is by far the worst as they seek to implement their islamic laws while cementing an islamic rule .

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It would be nice if you included some facts from your own sources...

The first quote, “If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land,” was in response to "recent House and Senate bill proposals involving the implementation of ‘anti-Shariah’ legislation, where the First Amendment rights and freedoms of Muslims would ultimately be hindered.”

And hes right but not just with regards to Moslems. Law makers may want to re-read the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Deny Ignorance Buddy. That is a smoke screen. My and your freedom of religion ENDS when those rights infringe on the rights of other people. They are not taking that into account or understanding it. These Extremists nut jobs are trying to twist the law to suit their own agenda.

Americans KNOW there are limits on our first amendment rights where it conflicts with other rights and laws. High time for these people to learn that and act accordingly.

You think simply because your religion says it's o.k. to rape and kill your daughter you should be allowed to do so and be protected for this crime? Not in my country you won't.
edit on 28-3-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: edit

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Islam = Hypocrisy

At least Christianity is based in Jesus actually saying "Obey those over you" which you do in everything as obedience until it those over you demand you forsake your faith, then you disobey them and die.

Islam sickens me at it's real inner core. But I have many Muslim clients and they are great people. It's the sinister underbelly of the thing that's the problem.

Most see it just as a religion. Others see it as an evil spiritual force at odds with the true God. Christianity might be sullied by some people but the written code is clear, "love your enemies, pay your taxes etc etc etc". Either way, Islam reveals itself for what it is just by it's own written code outside of who we meet as Muslims.

It is it's own written code that reveals it's intention.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Let them say whatever they wish to we all have that right. Let's see how far they get using this theology in reality.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

If Muslims seek out a "holy man" for direction, that makes him a leader.

He is that because he is respected, not because he was elected. And he gives advice, not the law.

Big differences. You call him scum anyway, right? That is the biggest bigot in any book. of course your own culture has the same line...

Respect your elders

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

And the nations controlled by Islam have far more extremism.

According to our media... you believe them? One thing their culture has is passion. They are passionate about what they believe in. In the west we think thats a bad thing.

While the west has its problems, it is not nearly as bad as as Muslim controlled nations.

Except we wage aggressive war on them. Killing millions, destroying infrastructure, occupying them. Now who's the bad guy, again?

The nations of the west have every right to seek to prevent the extremists from invading our nations.

Oh yah, what did they do to you today? Our country hit theirs with hellfire missiles.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Others see it as an evil spiritual force at odds with the true God.

Except it is us that occupy their lands. We bomb them. We kill them. True God, lol. Thats subjective.

What yardstick are you using?
edit on 28-3-2013 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I didn't call anyone scum, I just don't think Muslim leaders are wise.

You post digs like this in support of Islam, and somehow expect respect?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

We wage war on Islam because they wage war on us, and everyone else as well, and have since this supposed religion was created.

Islam has always been the agressor, and continues to be.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You're right. Sorry about the scum remark. Still hold cultures (especially religious) misunderstand each other. To everyones peril.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

What do you think of Mustafa Carroll and CAIR? Do you support him and this organization and it's ideals?

Never heard of Mustafa and CAIR. But I do know that they do not represent Islam and Muslims.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I understand, heat of the ideological battle and all that. Big of you to appologize.

The long hard road to cultural acceptance, IMO, is not putting up with the militants, and working for common ground.

Which is why I support these type of discussions.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The headline shows exactly why they are nothing but trash.

I will NEVER be able to respect Islam nor consider it truly a bonafide religion.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Islam is not a religion - it is a Governmental Authority. I really doubt a religion would order non-followers and others heads, hands and tongues to be cut off for being infidel, thief or to outspoken. It also condones acid attacks on women who wish to be educated. It also condones a man to take anyone out into the street and call them a witch and demand stoning until death after being buried to the waist.

I makes me wonder at what point will Muslim's come out of their denial and profess that they do believe that they are above secular law since they are supposed to answer only to the laws of their Allah/ Muhammad.

Is that a premise for a potus to suddenly declare war on Americans being that we are the infidel in their Muslim mind that is above all laws.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
When Jehovahs witnesses follow their religious code and refuse to serve in the military or salute the red, white and blue.... its called "freedom of religion"

When muslims follow their religion, its "the mooslims are coming!!!11"

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Thats the problem...
Its not the PEOPLE that barge in...
Its the ELECTED leaders that do that...

And as long as they do the people will blame
sides...

Its a lot of bla bla bla...

The time to think for yourself as a people is here and has been
for along time...
Its time to dare to say NO to the "leaders"..
We have our laws, you amercans have the constitution.
Muslims have sharia...

How bout we toss all them things out the window and
start being HUMANS..
Sure we need rules. But the simpler the rules are
the harder to break them.

Religion is the same in every book you read.
They might say it differently but the meaning
is the same...

Its time for humanity and this planet to take the step into
adulthod, leave the time of childish behaviour behind.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join