It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim leaders say - Muslims are Above U.S. law and - Do Not - have to obey Our Laws

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It is amazing how people fall in these division traps and call themselves aware.

Muslims should respect the laws and contradictions they abide.

It is written in Qur'an in different locations such as

5:1

believers, fulfill your obligations

parsquran.com...

Maybe some Muslims say something crazy or irresponsible , but it doesn't mean you should bash all Muslims.

As well as when some one tells he is not going to neglect the law , there is no reason to charge him unless there is a big concern.

Muslims are not one sect , so they don't have one leader and they don't lesson to any unreasonable speech.

So , get up and go somewhere else spreading unreasonable hate and division.

IMO , Muslims respect the law and they respect the majority of people , because they are people themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

But isn't that precisely what the western nations have done to various nations around the world? They have invaded them, overthrown their systems, and installed "democracies". What goes around comes around. Who really are the hypocrites here?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guenter

Originally posted by daryllyn
Want sharia law? Go back to where you came from.

This is America.

You don't get to barge in here and stand making demands and you certainly aren't 'above the law'.

Maybe then America should stop barging all over their regions?

Or maybe America should stop letting in non-Americans!!! I am with Daryllyn here......You don't want to obey our laws, then go home.....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This shouldn't be in war on terrorism.

better in religion conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Isn't his grounds for treason?

The person who spoke these words should be charged with treason , and imprisoned if there is any evidence of effort to commit crimes against the US.

Then the organization disband. Any non-citizens deported.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land.

Thats because they (are supposed to) follow only Gods law (the will of Allah). The governments of men are anti-God's law. When you follow God's law there is no need for other "law".

Here in America we separate church and state, so do they. They actually practice what they preach, while here in the West we give lip service to faith and God head, but really we buy "insurance", "loan" money and save up our "wealth". Our faith is in our money and our stuff.

But we still go to church on Sundays and bow our heads. They muse at that. Muslims pray 5 times a day. Life is the will of Allah, every day, all day long. If one has needs or can't make a decision, they seek a holy man who, since he is revered for his wisdom and faith, will have an answer closer to what God intends. Not the church or state of men, but God himself.

Here in the West we don't get that. They laugh at our democracy... how can you vote the will of God? Fools... infidels. Any call to democratic authority is a call to control by men, supplanting God's will for men. That is blasphemy that they scoff at. And chuckle too. Are we really that misguided by our own selfish desire?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
The person who spoke these words should be charged with treason , and imprisoned if there is any evidence of effort to commit crimes against the US.
IMO politics of it all (lobbyists in DC), many special interest groups and overseas groups/companies/agencies are too busy to ensure this doesn't happen

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Yah, this is also the belief of Christians, that the entire World will or should be Christianified.

Hence why there are so many missionaries.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Sieg... Heil!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Originally posted by daryllyn
This is going to sound harsh, and it might not be a popular opinion, but, I will stand by it:

Want sharia law? Go back to where you came from.

This is America.

You don't get to barge in here and start making demands and you certainly aren't 'above the law'.

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of any organized religion, just for the record and so no one thinks I am only picking on Islam.
edit on 27-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Agreed however, the OP is either unaware of the facts or biased.

The original article is from 1998.

His first source from 2006 asks this question: Did CAIR founder say Islam to rule America?

The first paragraph starts out with:

"...alleged 1998 assertion..."

The statements have been called a:

"Total fabrication". “She’s lying,” Ahmad said upon hearing Gardiner’s defense of the story. “Absolutely, she’s lying".

Ahmad said it was only in 2003 that he learned of Gardiner’s story, and by then it was too late to press any legal action.

“I would have gone there and sued them if I had known about it,” he said.

The link to the original article from 1998 isnt working, but even then, this article from 2006 says that:

The 1998 Argus article, also published in the sister San Ramon Valley Herald, paraphrased Ahmad...

So its not nor ever was a direct quote...

This entire thread is a fail.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It would be nice if you included some facts from your own sources...

The first quote, “If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land,” was in response to "recent House and Senate bill proposals involving the implementation of ‘anti-Shariah’ legislation, where the First Amendment rights and freedoms of Muslims would ultimately be hindered.”

And hes right but not just with regards to Moslems. Law makers may want to re-read the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

So you want to include some context in your propaganda.

You then went on to quote Frank Gaffney, some guy with an opinion...

Lastly, you quoted an alleged statement from Omar Ahmad...

DENY IGNORANCE.

edit on 28-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guenter
It is not just Muslim that say this. Listen to any Jehovah witness and their actions as for example defying the draft if in a country with draft. That goes for many fundamentalist churches who wish to enforce a theocracy on the state they reside in, and the list goes on. Why single out the Muslims concerning this?

because jehovah witnesses don't kill people who insult their god...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I completely disagree with your religious beliefs.

I don't think anyone knows what God's will actually is, let alone God's law.

I think spending large amounts of time prayi g to God is not what God wants. I think God wants us to spend our time endeavoring to become better human beings, learning, growing, evolving.

I think God wants our laws to be written through a democratic process, because that is how we arrive at a more just society. I laugh at Islam because what they claim to be God's laws is in fact a very unjust system.

I do not see Islamic religious leaders as wise men, just the opposite.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Sieg... Heil!

That translate iny book to "Praise Allah"

Freedom of religion does not mean that others must bow to your religious demands for special privileges and the right to ignore the laws of our nation, based on your religious beliefs.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

That is the problem, these groups hide behind their ideology while acting as an invading force, with the goal of forcing the people of our nation to bow to their beliefs.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Organized Religion will be the death of us all. I pitty all these religious types. It's sad they blindly follow fake Gods.
edit on 28-3-2013 by skorpius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I do not see Islamic religious leaders as wise men...

That statement bears out some of the ignorance.

They don't have "leaders". No man is "better than" any other.

Only in the West do we have "leaders". We put men on a pedestal and mistakenly think they do too. Remember, its about the will of Allah, not the will of men. You want to see where the latter ends up, look at the Nazi's, Triumph of the Will.

Look anywhere in western history lore about the Crown and Kings and Presidents, Popes and Roman Rulers, etc. All those are on the ash heap of history.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Freedom of religion does not mean that others must bow to your religious demands for special privileges and the right to ignore the laws of our nation, based on your religious beliefs.

Neither do they... only the "extreme believers" in Islam think that. You are helping to foster the stereotype put forth by the main stream. We have just such extremes here too. Snake handlers, faith healers, and Aryans all use religion and the Bible to their end. So do sects in their faith. Thing is our western Main Stream Media embellishes the "Evil" parts and down plays the good. They need to foster the enemy stereo type.

Who was that guy they just sent away, who was abusing kids in the Mormon church? Would you say that whacko was "main stream Christian"?

Warren Jeffs...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If Muslims seek out a "holy man" for direction, that makes him a leader.

Denial is worse than ignorance.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

That is the problem, these groups hide behind their ideology while acting as an invading force, with the goal of forcing the people of our nation to bow to their beliefs.
Vote bank politics and ofcourse fundraising. The overseas entities are very well aware of the political tactics within the US at state and federal level. But lets not forget that we engage in the same practice in overseas market/politics upto certain extent. Generally for non-religious purposes.

Publications on Islamic Lobbies in US, UK and Canada.
LINK1

List of lobbies on WIKI.
LINK2
edit on 28-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join