It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "beta-test" of an unconventional EarthQuake-index has begun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I welcome all interested in the subject to take a peak at the following site where the statistics of this experiment is being recorded.

The EQ-i is made for predicting EarthQuakes of a magnitude equal or larger than 6.0.

A small video will explain the ground principles of this unconventional index.

Nothing more, nothing less

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The music was heavy, but the message was fairly clear....It will be interesting to see how the theory works out over the "Long Haul".....................

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I know that the music was a bit epic
okey, more than just a bit...

But what comes to the theory and the index, I'm looking forward to the first six month period too. That should already show something. A six-pointer happens about once in three days so there will be the challenge to beat.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's a confusing video that ties things together quite loosely imo.

So, if the index is 1-20,000, what is the equation? So, I tried the website to view the full statistics. Server not found...

www.gaianhuuto.fi...

I don't really understand what "right angle bombardment" is other than he's referring to momentum effects during planetary alignments. How does this heat the core through friction?

I would like to see the equations and correlation to actual earthquakes. They predicted 9 EQ-1 days above 6.0 in a 16 day beta-test period and 5 were recorded. That's not a good result. There was an average of 9, 6+ EQ's per month in 2012. So the monthly average from 2012 is a better predictor? If there was merit in their approach, they should be able to determine locations perhaps. What if it worked?

"Attention, there is an EQ-1 event so there is a high probability of an earthquake somewhere on the planet today."

It's like the "check engine" light in my car...totally useless.
edit on 27-3-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

The equation is not for public eyes

The site is at www.gaianhuuto.fi...

The right angle produces a traction, let's say a tidal force, that heats up the core (Friction and traction). "Bombardment" was used because I thought it described the 'frequency' of right angles produced in a short time.

And what comes to the event place, that is yet to come. Baby steps, baby steps.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

BTW, I thought the engine light analogy was quite the fail. If my engine light is on, I do not drive. That makes a difference.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
I would like to see the equations and correlation to actual earthquakes. They predicted 9 EQ-1 days above 6.0 in a 16 day beta-test period and 5 were recorded. That's not a good result. There was an average of 9, 6+ EQ's per month in 2012. So the monthly average from 2012 is a better predictor?

Care to explain a bit more. I don't quite follow the string of thought here. Monthly average?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I watched the video and have a question based on the premise that is presented. If there is any truth to it, can we look backwards to the past and previous earthquakes and find any correlation with conjunctions that happened astrologically at the same time?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

An excellent question that I'm happy to answer. The theory is based upon observations like that, so the answer is yes.

Maybe you noticed there was the Chile earthquake of 1960 analyzed in that way? It is still the biggest quake since 1900.
edit on 27-3-2013 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Some stats of the project.

25 days running of which 14 have been EQ-i days (56%). During the 25 day period there have been a total of 7 M6.0 or larger quakes. 6 of them have been caught by the index (85.71%).

new topics

top topics

join