It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universe evidence compounding at an alarming rate!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
if you are really serious about this, it is very easy to prove/disprove- every time you read online about a celebrity (however minor) dying, take a screen shot- file these in whatever manner you like.
If you've been paying attention, you would know that celebrity deaths are only one facet of the phenomenon. And in my case, it's always been hearing about it on the radio or somone has the TV on and i overhear it.

Then, when said deceased celebrity suddenly stars in a new movie- voila, produce your screenshot of the appropriate news site, time, date etc
that is good advice.

Within a few years you have hard evidence
Only as hard as electrons. There is no 'out there' out there.

Jeesh
edit on 26-3-2013 by Credenceskynyrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
well then I'm afraid the evidence is not compounding at an alarming rate then, your belief about what happened in the past and your recollection of the events notwithstanding

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
For years I swore that Madonna had a child years before she actually had one.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by seamus

I could swear Abe Vigoda was dead as well. Was a big Barney Miller fan and remember feeling sad that he had died.

Certain other celebrities too, that I remember hearing had died, that now appear to be alive. Guess their happy about that fact, but there is something weird going on.
I agree,I remember exactly that!
I watched that show as well and thought Abe Vigoda died not long after the show was cancelled.
I also agree with the op about Larry Hagman,then I saw a preview for the new Dallas show.There has to be a logical or illogical answer as to why a lot of people are having these memories.
In my mind it seems paranormal occurances are on the increase bigtime.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

"Reality is only on the mind of the observer... " true, unless the observer is 'outside' of that reality.. Which happens now and then, just look at people that swear life started 6000 years ago and are ready to give their lives to protect that " reality", we know nothing/too little about "reality", being a thing that can only be interpreted by our individual senses..

That does not falsify the first preposition, you are free to create your own delusions (realities) but it then ceases to be the shared consensual reality (there is no single shared reality outside of mathematical and some physical models).

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

I can on Christopher lee's death shown on some news channel or at the Oscars , just after the star wars movie as count duku. but saw him alive in LOTR series.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
I've only read the first few replies, and while the story of your father does bring up interesting issues, the other aspects make me think of someone who is having dissociative episodes.
Weener weener, cheekin deener! How about that? And in my model, the entire universe is a manifestation of Intelligent Infinity having a very persistent dissociative episode... ON PURPOSE!

You armchair psychiatrists are quite amusing. Unified Serenity? If you understood either serenity or unity you would not pigeonhole my account thusly. Therefore I am left with no alternative but to consider you confused. That's right. You're confused. Not At-One-Mind with your Self. I am fused. I know what and why I am, and I'm having a ball.

Old verbiage was multiple personality disorder. While I am certainly not about to diagnose you as one such person, your accounts of not remembering conversations is similar to such episodes based on my studies in college many years ago.
But I haven't had a missing-time episode since... 1977.

There are competent tests to help if that is a possible answer to what is happening to you. Before I jump to alternative universes and time lines, I look for the more mundane answers albeit uncomfortable for one to consider I am sure.
Mundanity is profanity. There's nothing mundane about anything real, even a pile of garbage. Only one's small-mindedness keeps one from witnessing glory and wonder on demand. But that's OK. That's your experience, and I respect that. However, I demand the same. I don't expect you to believe me, but you certainly will not tell me what's what.

I would ask you if you ever suffered serious trauma and / or abuse in your life.
Serious, yes. Severe? No. I lean towards Asperger's, not psychosis. I know what a schizoid personality is like. My adopted brother is schizophrenic.

Do you have episodes of your life that are just blank?
Not since I used lysergic acid diethylamide to uncover and examine them. It was painful, but it was certainly worth it.

Many people who have suffered terribly cannot recall years of their life as their mind simply blots them out due to the emotional and spiritual pain they cause.
that ain't me

I had a friend who could not remember anything before the age of seven. We never did come to understand why that is, but her early life is a complete blank and she did have some emotional issues which would become apparent when she felt stressed. Interestingly, she was a psychiatric nurse in the facility where I worked which is fairly common to find individuals working in the psychiatric field who have suffered emotionally.
if someone can't be bothered to dig the demons out of their own damned closet, they have no business mucking around inside someone else's head. Which is why I self-treated. Note: I have the lawful authority to do so, as a native american.

I am not calling you crazy. I do think you should see a competent psychiatrist who is not pill happy. I wish you well.
edit on 26-3-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)
If you send me 5,000 dollars, I'll go see one. Promise!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Or maybe you have a mental problem... that would be more reasonable.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I've been thinking of experiences I've had that are similar to yours. Like you, I was talking to my mother about our family ancestry when I was reunited with her at age 18. I brought up the time she and I had discussed our lineage and how she told me the types of people I was related to. She looked shocked and asked me why I thought what I did and who had told me what they did. I told her she had told me and she insisted that she hadn't. However all the information I had did turn out to be true/factual.

To be honest, I came into this world more spiritually aware of my prior lives/universes/selves than one would expect a child to be. I want to get back to that state of awareness.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Didn't have time to go through several pages since Page 6, the moment I started seeing Occam's Razor come into play, I stopped, I just had to stop.

Why is it people feel the need to use Occam's Razor, at all?

Occam's Razor is not infallible, it is "more scientific method" if you will, but it is no way perfect or infallible. The logic behind Occam's Razor, to me, is pretty silly in fact.

So you deem the validity of various theories by accepting one that is with the fewest assumptions.

So you realize what this means right? By using Occam's Razor, you are also not 100% sure if you are right or wrong. You can only hope that by accepting a theory with the least possible # ups and unknowns, you are actually closer to the truth.

This is complete bull # and really does not apply in all situations....

If anyone have not yet watched the movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster, I suggest you go watch it.

If anyone have not seen it yet, I apologize for the spoilers ahead.....

Towards end of the film Contact, the character Jodie Foster played, have traveled to a different part of the Universe using technology taught to us via radio frequency.

After the space ship gets built, it was powered up and utilized. After she got back from the trip (in seconds), no one believed her stories about what she saw and her experiences.

No matter how sincere she was, how much of a sane person she was, no one would believe her theories. Because the ship they built dropped through an energy portal and came out straight from the other side in a few milliseconds or less in total, so no one believed she traveled to other regions of space in seconds.

Due to the fact that there are too many inconsistencies which she cannot explain, she was finally challenged with Occam's Razor.

After this entire incident, other than a few close friends, no one believed her story.

Only to have the government find out later on, that she had a recording device attached to her head at all times. Yes, the recording device was partially malfunctioning (due to Alien intervention), so it could not record any images or videos of what really happened. But what's interesting is that the device has recorded a total of over 18 minutes of pure static.

What does this mean?

She wasn't lying, the milliseconds and seconds that she went through the portal, time no longer functioned as we perceived. She really did travel to other regions of space in seconds, in fact, she stayed there for almost 20 minutes or more.

So what does this tell us? Just because someone cannot rule out all unknowns and/or assumptions, it does not mean that they are lying or they are wrong about their experiences.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Reanimating or cloning?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84
Didn't have time to go through several pages since Page 6, the moment I started seeing Occam's Razor come into play, I stopped, I just had to stop.

So the moment anyone starts asking questions or challenges your beliefs....You put up mental walls and start screaming"LALALALALALA"?

Originally posted by truthseeker84 She wasn't lying, the milliseconds and seconds that she went through the portal, time no longer functioned as we perceived. She really did travel to other regions of space in seconds, in fact, she stayed there for almost 20 minutes or more.

So what does this tell us? Just because someone cannot rule out all unknowns and/or assumptions, it does not mean that they are lying or they are wrong about their experiences.

No one is accusing anyone of lying all i and a few others are doing is asking people to look at the simple explanations first and if they dont fit then maybe consider the fringe ideas.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

You're not crazy about the other man being shot 17 times, I recall recently scanning an article about this and JFK. Now I wish I had read the whole thing AND where I saw it. I also cannot find it via Google.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

I also thought he had died in prison and looked him up one day to read about his legacy and find he was still alive.

I have had two NDE's... is there truly a correlation?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

If you look at these events, you might notice that what you remember happening did or will happen in the future. So, I think you are having precognition perceptions and thinking that they were in the past, which, in a way, they were, because that's when you perceived them, even though what you perceived is in the future. So, while I am not totally discounting parallel timelines being an issue, maybe you are just remembering the future.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You should stop taking drugs.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FreshSqueezedSunshine

I believe this site that listed this information was dailymail.co.uk but I cannot be 100% positive. What's interesting is today they have an article about JFK. A replacement article maybe?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Your reply to me was very rude, and typical of someone who's mind is made up. You don't want input you want agreement. I made zero judgements about you, and only offered an alternative which for some reason you deem unacceptable to consider. You have the attention you were seeking. Admit it, you want to thrill us with the idea that you are experiencing alternate realities. Millions do this around the world via drugs. Schizophrenia is not mpd or dissociative disorder. They can have it, but they are not mutually inclusive.

I think most people have thought someone famous was dead only to find out they are not. I thought Hagman had died some years ago, but he hadn't. How many tabloids reports junk which someone gets into our heads. Hell, you could be a victim of silent weapons that talk to you and put ideas in your head, they are real, just look them up.

I think people jump to the paranormal way to fast when in truth it's way more simple, and mundane. It might seem fantastic, but it's still mundane no matter how exotic and other worldly you apparently want the answers to be. I also go to the spiritual side, and it is quite possible you are being messed with spiritually and that can certainly cause one to believe in alternative realities when in truth is a different spiritual experience.

Again, I wish you well, and no need to reply because it's obvious my opinion and experience mean nothing to you. I just don't appreciate being talked down to. I wrote from my heart out of concern for you.

Good luck
edit on 26-3-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84

Why is it people feel the need to use Occam's Razor, at all?
Thanks for bringing this up. The overuse and misapplication and misquotation of Occam's Razor stem from the monkey-mind's desperate attempts to maintain its paradigm in the face of evidence that said paradigm is in danger of becoming obsolete. Usually this is manifested as the braggadocio and swagger of a 'superior intellect' that cannot back up its superiority by examining the information at hand. The mantra, "The simplest solution to a problem or question is usually the correct one" is an EFFECT of Occam's Razor when it is used correctly. As I stated, I am a big fan of it. Brevity and intelligence go hand in hand. Some like to guard their paradigm with the notion that the "conventional" model of existence is simpler than one that allows for more fluidity, such as what we're discussing in this thread. I say, rather, that it is much more complicated to have seven billion separate consciousnesses roaming the earth than to admit that everything is and always has been in essence, one. Quantum Physics sees the world partly through that lens. I, like another poster, am excited with the new "Quantum Biology" and Sheldrake's morphogenetic fields. Unity consciousness is anathema to Ego, since Ego depends on separation for validation of its existence and worth. To get to unity consciousness, you don't have to destroy the Ego, you just have to tame it.

Occam's Razor is not infallible, it is "more scientific method" if you will, but it is no way perfect or infallible. The logic behind Occam's Razor, to me, is pretty silly in fact.
the way it is commonly used, this thread is a perfect example, is quite silly, indeed. But that's when it's wielded by fearful minds attempting to protect their own validity. Just as it was done (intentionally, for illustrative purposes) in "Contact"

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus,

Hi ,I've been reading many things on this site for several years and well this post is correct..OK If I get too deep into this its going to sound crazy.The events on 911 changed our timeline .......911 was contrived to usher in the New World Order....It was a Luciferian sacrifice....Actors people who I thought were dead were alive and visa versa.OK so I got in a bit deep and now a bit deeper...The towers were placed in a position so when the sun rose it was seen in between the buildings and cast a pyramid shadow without the capstone on the Hudson.....Don't believe it......there are pics in Google to prove it......after 911 police and other law enforcement use what's called the broken window theory as a basis for people of interest..That theory is found in Google as well....basicly we are all guilty in law enforcements eyes......OK getting back to the post...My friend you right on target.........

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join