It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Hamburger

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That almost sounds more like a meatloaf in burger form!

For me it varies by my mood, but here is what I wouldn't mind making now..

Ground round, finely diced jalapeno, onion, garlic, salt & pepper. Mix together and toss on the grill!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

They started in Hamburg, too

And John Lennon married Japanese woman

+ Dalay Lama,

+ etc.

Hamburger is guy from Hamburg, isn't?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hey your burger does sound great, but might I suggest a minted lamb burger?

Pretty much the same as yours in method but replacing the minced beef with lamb and the cabbage with diced red onion and fresh mint. Season and grill.

Ketchup and salad in a sesame cob...as per usual burger specifications.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
really anxious to try this, but the engineer in me needs a little guidance…

… How much cabbage

Peppers? (1/4 of a bell)

2 garlic cloves?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ikema

The ones I did the other night was for 2lbs of meat.
I used about an eighth of a head of cabbage and an eighth of the pepper (i used green and red pepper so an eighth of each) with 1 garlic clove.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That sounds pretty good... I'll have to try it. But with the bread crumbs and stuff it kinda turns into a meatloaf sandwich in my opinion. (Which is also incredible with no condiments)

Personally when I'm feeling like BBQ'n I like to take some garlic powder and onion powder or just some Lawrys season all seasoned salt. Mix either or, with a tiny bit of mustard, some good ranch dressing and work it into the ground beef or mixture of ground meats that you'll form the patty with. (I like a little bit of sausage mixed with my beef for moisture retention)
Mix it all together and if you like a lil mouth watering zing to it I suggest a splash of Lee & Perrins Worchestire Sauce. Then form the party's and BBQ them over a medium temp grill. Don't grill them to hot or the ranch will separate and drip Into the coals causing a flare up which will scorch and dry out the burger. Also it helps if you only flip the burger 1 time. I'm not sure why it helps keep the flavor intact but it seems to taste better the less its messed with once its cooking. Thanks for reading, I'll try your burgers later this week OP.. they sound great!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow, 2lbs of red meat..Badddddddddd...

My consultant would crap a brick if I told him I'd ate one of those...

Still,sounds nice with a bit of bacon...

You just gotta have bacon...Its the law

Eat it before Obama bans it
(to the US part of the thread)
edit on 26-3-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This is probably the best... and most useful thread on this site.. ive read in a long time.

I always wondered about cabbage in the meat, its good to see someones gave it a try already and thinks its good.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I get a real kick out of threads offering recipes that don't specify an exact amount of each ingredient.

How in the world is it supposed to taste when you don't know the proper proportion to combine with "2 lbs" of ground beef?

Simply telling us what's in it doesn't help.

"Cabbage, red pepper, celery and onion.....and a slice of bread cut up in little pieces".......LOL!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

Read the whole thread...its been asked and answered.

If you did read the whole thread you might get some better recipes then I posted.

edit on 26-3-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Okay, here's a gormet burger recipe I have for you.

2lbs lean ground beef,
2 eggs(medium/small)
Breadcrumbs,
Worcestershire sauce
1 packet lipton onion soup mix(powder)

Garlic borson(soft cheese), you can substitute any soft cheese you like, in any particular flavoring. Goat cheese is nice, how ever creme cheese is a little too soft for this recipe, you can use it but it tends to ooze out of the patties completely.

Mix the above ingredients in a bowl using your hands, until all the ingredients are nice and evenly mixed.

Get a hamburger mold, how ever any disc shaped mold will work. Line your mold with either wax paper, or seran wrap(plastic wrap) make a layer in the bottom of your mold, in then add a layer of your borson(or any cheese I suppose) cover the cheeese with more ground beef, pressing the edges down to seal your cheese in the middle.

Remove patties from mold and chill.

When you are ready grill the patties, while your patties are on the grill, saute onions, red/yellow/orange peppers in a skillet with a little olive oil and a crushed clove of garlic.

When patties are done serve on a toasted scotch bap(or any soft bun) top with sauted veggies and serve...

Freaking delicious !!! Doesn't need much in the way of condiments, I quite enjoy them as they are but my brother and fiance do enjoy adding a little mayo.

A1 Hijinx barbeque recipe.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by DCPatriot

Read the whole thread...its been asked and answered.

If you did read the whole thread you might get some better recipes then I posted.

edit on 26-3-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

LOL! Most of the time, I would read the thread before replying etc..

But that just jumped out at me and was compelled to be snarky.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This sounds good except I would boil the cabbage first

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Wow, 2lbs of red meat..Badddddddddd...

My consultant would crap a brick if I told him I'd ate one of those...

Still,sounds nice with a bit of bacon...

You just gotta have bacon...Its the law

Eat it before Obama bans it
(to the US part of the thread)
edit on 26-3-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

Your consultant would not be the only person crapping a brick if you chucked back one of these monsters.

2nd

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Sounds pretty tasty!!

It also sounds a lot like how i make mine which isn't often. I am not a burger person but when I do this is how I make it.

I add onion, garlic, red pepper, onion, tomato, diced cheese (cheese type depends on my mood), diced mushrooms. I pretty much make a meat loaf and make it in patty form. I add egg and panko with some fresh herbs, herbs vary depending on what i have on hand.

I use the foreman grill since i don't have a regular grill and it comes out pretty tasty...

Ok now I think I want a burger....this is strictly the pregnancy talking! lol

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I should've never entered this thread, now I'm starving.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Another thing we can do to add to this recipe is to make the burger with cheese in the middle.
I have done it before,not too fussy on it but for people who like it.....give it a shot.
I liked it mildly which is rare for me to like melted cheese(the consistency is like snot so not a big fan)...for people who like that kind of thing,they will love the burger stuffed with cheese.
Pick the cheese you want and BOOM!!!!!

I seriously suggest the cabbage though...it makes the burger.
(my opinion of course)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

The cabbage cooks when you grill the burger....you want the flavor and nutrition in the burger.
Boiling it takes alot out of it.

I only boil cabbage when i am having ham.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join