It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rain contained human white blood cells

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

In 1994, a strange phenomenon is happening in Oakville, Washington, USA. Areas with a population of about 665 people are surprised by a strange phenomenon that occurred in their areas. Rain fell in heavy, but not the usual rain, but rain mysterious substance in the form gels. The strangeness does not end there, after the mysterious rain subsided, some residents began to experience flu symptoms.

photosofthisworld.blogspot.co.uk...

I just came across this and I find it very strange. This substance was sent away for testing and was found to contain human blood cells and two types of bacteria found in the human gut. Normally if something strange falls from the sky its fish or something. But I have no explanation for this..

Any ideas..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wow, so is this what all that "chemtrail" fuss is about? Yuck.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Never heard of this one before. Nice find, OP.

However, I'm puzzled by the report. It looks like it was translated into another language and then back-translated into English, so as this event happened in the US I figured there ought to be a report in better English with less ambiguity.

Here we go: "Unsolved Mysteries" @ the Wikia: The Oakville Blobs

I won't quote it all here as that's against T&Cs, but anyone who wants to read an easy-to-follow version of this event can view it at the link I've given.

To date, the mystery hasn't been solved and allegedly, no samples of the blob material have been retained. I find that latter point a bit strange. If the stuff is that mysterious, you'd think they'd store some of it away for future study. But that's just using logic, I guess.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 21/3/13 by JustMike because: typos and tags

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by purplemer

Oh this has been hashed over and over again. Nobody has a conclusive answer, but the blobs weren't white blood cells. They were cells, but not necessarily human.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

To date, the mystery hasn't been solved and allegedly, no samples of the blob material have been retained.

Hard to believe they would test it and find the cells, then toss everything. Seems someone would have stored this stuff until the mystery was solved...... hmmm

edit on 21-3-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The human white blood cells are mind blowing.

Sounds like a possible way to manipulate DNA.

S&F

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This sounds more like a Soft-Kill Test scenario by either the military or by someone with too much money and a hankering for eugenics.
Flu like symptoms, blobs that were not suppose to congeal in large masses. I think this was a failed attempt and was discontinued or secretly improved. Perhaps it is time to correlate "pandemics" (or what ever disease they are hyping) with chem-trailing.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Under Water

I was thinking the same thing. And that is the logical approach.

Following on from that, the next stage in the logical approach is that "officialdom" didn't need to keep samples for further testing because they already knew what it was.

They don't tell us everything they know about, after all.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 21/3/13 by JustMike because: Mod tag things. To show I'm not posting as one.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would say that someone in the area suspected that they were caused by a local business so did not test them because the results may have effected the local economy. That happens a lot all over the world. Just one of the motives that events like this are not solved.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

In 1994, a strange phenomenon is happening in Oakville, Washington, USA. Areas with a population of about 665 people are surprised by a strange phenomenon that occurred in their areas. Rain fell in heavy, but not the usual rain, but rain mysterious substance in the form gels. The strangeness does not end there, after the mysterious rain subsided, some residents began to experience flu symptoms.

photosofthisworld.blogspot.co.uk...

I just came across this and I find it very strange. This substance was sent away for testing and was found to contain human blood cells and two types of bacteria found in the human gut. Normally if something strange falls from the sky its fish or something. But I have no explanation for this..

Any ideas..

The whole thing sounds to me like a plane dumped it's load of human waste over a town while it was raining/storming. Possibly helping it to spread over a larger area before reaching the ground? Don't they use gel stuff on planes for the tanks from the bathroom facilities? This "could" answer for the weird stuff in the tests. Humans do have all that stuff in our waste material.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
And red blood cells:

www.stopsprayingcalifornia.com...

In fact, there's an awful lot of biological material to be found in our natural habit...

Makes you wonder HOW it all got there

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Skada

Some might see your statement as far-fetched. I don't. I go with what's in front of me, and in the US version of the report that I linked to, it concludes:

While the air force confirms that they were doing practice bombing runs over the Pacific in August 1994, they deny knowledge of the substance or any involvement in creating or dispersing it. The locals of Oakville are skeptical of this; prior to the rain, many Oakville residents noticed a significant - almost daily - amount of slow-moving military aircraft in the skies above their town. Some believe Oakville was the site of a military experiment, designed to test a new biological weapon or to test the possible damage a biological attack on US soil could do.
No samples of the substance exist today.

(Bolding and underlining mine; link to source for the purposes of ATS T&Cs HERE.)

Now, while the classic chemtrail argument often seems to be based around aircraft flying under conditions where contrails often occur anyway -- making the arguments rather difficult (to put it one way) for both sides, this particular case makes me wonder.

What's the best way to spread a chemtrail, if anyone actually wanted to do it and make it "effective" in whatever way it's supposed to be effective? Most likely slowly, at lower altitude -- simply because lower altitude means less total air volume, thus giving better coverage over a more compact land area. It also possibly means no visible trails to alert anyone watching. Or, if there are any, they could be interpreted as contrails only.

I'm still on the fence in the chemtrail debate. On the fence, not behind a wall.
However I have to admit that when we have a case of weird stuff falling from the sky and people in the region falling ill, just after some days of "significant" slow-flying military aircraft in the same area, I cannot just ignore that information and totally exclude some possible military/govt involvement in this weird event.

Okay, such involvement isn't "proven" but it can't simply be cast aside as irrelevant either. I feel it has to be considered. I'd rather be shaken to my foundations by truth than live comfortably with a posssibly misguided but cosy belief, and to be honest this one has shaken me up quite a bit.

My 2c, FWIW.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by rickymouse

I'd go for that idea if it were, say, some kind of weird pollution in the local streams or lakes or whatever. Or trees mysteriously dying or similar. But this stuff rained down from the sky. Six times in a span of three weeks.

It's remotely possible that a local business could be involved but you'd suspect they'd have to have at least some connection to aviation and that narrows it down an awful lot compared to farming or some kinds of factories. It's also hard to see how or why a local business would or could do something like that.

edit on 21/3/13 by JustMike because: typo...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Opportunia

If it happened just the once that might be plausible, except for the fact that FAA regs require such waste from planes to be dyed blue and this stuff was clear. (It's mentioned in the report I linked to.)

The other factor is this happened six times in the same rather small region over a three-week period, and that would be a pretty hard trick for the airlines to pull off -- from the point of view of repeatedly hitting just that one area and (apparently) nowhere else, I mean.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow S&F Op

1994 though, that was quite some time ago. I wonder if any other phenomena happened with these mystery blobs?
This whole thing feel very Alien to me..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You have to ask, how did they determine these were blood cells, red or white, and that they were human?

I'd have to see a reputable lab report that could be verified as not being a photoshopped document. It's not that easy to tell what sort of blood cells blood cells are. You can spot big differences, say reptilian or piscean blood from mammalian, but what sort of mammal takes a really expensive test.

ETA: you never know what sort of weird crap might fall out of the sky, was in Germany in the mid 80s and ran into an area where the locals were standing around looking up...they swore that meat had fallen from the air, landing in an area about 200 feet square. Looked like raw chipped beef. I had no clue if that was true, but there it was.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You're right, Oakville is not much of a city and there doesn't seem to be a business there that could cause the stuff to fall from the sky. My motive explanation cannot apply well. Strange stuff that some refer to as Star Jelly. It would seem that it would be some sort of a glucose chemical. But from where

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

That's an excellent point you raise about determining if a blood cell is in fact human or not.
After reading your post I began thinking about the fact that various mammals are used in lab testing, including primates.

How difficult would it have been almost two decades ago to tell the difference between the blood cells of a (non-human) primate and a human? I understand it was doable, if the right tests were available and the assumptions for testing were broad-based enough as well. But even so, could an erroneous result be obtained, with the lab workers doing the test/s getting an indication the cells were human but in fact they were not?

Also, were they likely to have used DNA testing? I know it came into use in criminal cases around the mid 1980s, but does it seem probable to you that they'd use it to test some weird gunk that fell from the sky?

I don't know as it's not my field. I feel you have more knowledge on this than I ever will, hence the barrage of questions!

Seems there's room for more digging on this one.

reply to post by rickymouse

By mentioning a possible involvement of a local business, you raised a concept that was worth considering and I hope everyone reading appreciates that. I certainly do.
It doesn't matter if it (perhaps) turned out to be an unlikely scenario; a bit of lateral thinking such as you applied is always good.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

There are a few problems. You can't tell about red cells at all, usually, the only way to spot human red cells is to do a surface antigen test and see if it fits a human blood group. But old manky red cells often won't type at all, as they're breaking down. Note that you can't do a DNA test on a mammalian red cell - if they say they did, it's an instant red flag that they're lying. That's why I was interested in seeing who said it was human - a common #up in making up the story is that they'll say they DNA tested the red cells. You can't - they HAVE no DNA. They don't have mitochondria, either. You can only identify them by surface antigen patterns, sometimes by the type of hemoglobin. Non-mammalian red cells are structurally different in ways you can spot with a good microscope.

White cells tend to look alike. They're often multi-nucleated. The only way to tell them apart reliably is to do a DNA analysis. That ain't cheap.

On top of all this, you've got an environmental issue. If you put these cells in water, they will explode. If you dry them up, the DNA in the whites is damaged, and they both become shapeless mush when you rehydrate them. Unless they're suspended in normal saline all the way to the ground (unlikely) you won't have nice live cells that look like they did originally.

Then you have to ask yourself - what's the point? What goal does it serve to spray dead desiccated rehydrated blood cells on someone? It's not like they'll be functional in any way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join