It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting John Titor predictions 12 years later. Look Familiar?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If John Titor had told us what would happen.
you can SEE it now. no one would have believed it.
so John Titor made it a time travel predictions.

may be he is some one in government that wonted to get the truth out.
but in a way the government would just over look!

or he would have been found and killed. like so many.
and the truth John Titor predictions, would have dispersed.

even Russia is getting better more free.
US? like old Russia.

the longer you leave the fight for freedom.
the harder it will be. and far more Dead...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by elg3cko
reply to post by Under Water

I remember most of his stories well enough. A lot of them are very intriguing in their similarity with events that played out after his presence. A few stories stand out in my mind, but personally, the one where he remembers the last Olympics as being cancelled is/was of great interest to me.

So lets entertain an idea, being the creative beings we are. With the Olympics, if I remember headlines and rumors surrounding the one in China, it was damn near close to being cancelled--particularly because of the pollution, accusations of human rights violations, and a general fear-of-the-other stance to China hosting this world event. The Olympics represent a show of force on the public stage, you know? Look how prosperous we are! Trade with us! It's very important for a country to be able to host this kind of event for a variety of reasons, but in my opinion I think the former is the most important--the show of force on the public stage.

If we are a divergent time line, especially with how close the games came to being cancelled, that is a damn good call in my opinion.

Naturally we've had one more Olympics since then. I may have missed it, but I don't recall any sort of headlines or even rumors to it being cancelled, thus I find it personally a little more interesting that the one closest to when he was a young boy was the one where cancellation was a high possibility.

I've a few more, but if anyone wants to discuss this one, I'll stick around for a bit.

That is an interesting point! It was a close call, and can anyone before 911 even imagine such a thing being possible. Now if a world war does break out during the next one, maybe there will be a cancellation then. Whether this person was a hoaxer or not, I find his predictions get more interested as time passes. That alone I'll give him credit for.

link   

Originally posted by Iknowthatfeelbro
Forgot my old account, tired of lurking and I had to comment on this topic. There's a wonderful anime about this subject, John Titor that is. "Steins;Gate" As for the OP's post, you seem to have put some thought into this. It was a good read.

Thank you. I'll look for it. The story is definitely interesting enough to create a show around imo.

link   

Originally posted by karmajayne

Thanks op for the thread, I have never heard of this guy before so I am very interested. I am sorry your thread got derailed buy the dinosaur guy it was very annoying it's a shame. I also was here looking for a good discussion. I wanted to thank you for linking to the John Titor archive it's a very good read and I hope to return with some thoughts after I finish some serious reading.

Well you're in for a treat! I know many around here are not interested in him anymore, and he has been labeled as a hoaxer, but if it's the first time you read about it, it will be fascinating!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Thank you! I've never heard of the doomsday clock. I need to read up on it!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by Ringadingasaur

Well I don't know anything about the patents you are talking about. Maybe they were granted back before I had any experience with that agency. All I know is that when I worked there, it was a very high priority to educate all the examiners about what could and what could not be patented.

When I worked there, I saw no patents granted for anything ridiculous and I know it has become more difficult to get a patent because the whole time I worked there I personally only granted one out of all the applications I examined. It was basically about money, yes, but money generated from the actions going back and forth and lawyer fees and our fees for examining over and over the same apps.

Thank you for your contribution. I actually found your first post fascinating because I have no idea how things work in the patent world. The guy arguing with you was the same one who tried to derail the thread, so I wouldn't worry about it. But I think it really is an interesting angle to add to the discussion. Maybe we can find out how possible it actually is to get a patent for something that has no chance of working. It makes since to me that those entries would be filtered out. But who knows.... they say money talks.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izak4K
Lets just say time travel is possible - how do you even know how to focus on the reality that we leave in? There is an infinite number of realities. How can he know which one he enters? It's impossible to predict!
The only thing I think is possible/plausible - is to view on the screen past and future.
I don't buy it.

He actually explained all that in detail, but I didn't add it in because that's more of a discussion about the man and time travel. For all we know, he's a psychic, or a psychotic.... there's no way to prove anything, and everyone has their opinions. And there have been a million threads trying to prove or disprove the man. But after all this time, it's the predictions and our current state of the world that has once again raised my interest and the reason I started this thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was really curious to read the posts of Titor, as i knew superficially about it.

But i wanted to stop reading when i saw this (maybe someone allready pointed to this ?) :

"07 November 2000 21:23...

...When I was 13, I was a soldier"

So, i understand that time could change a little when you do a time travel, but he is saying he was a soldier in 2011 (he claimed was born in 1998) ? In united states ?

My language is not engish, maybe the word "soldiers" means something that is not military ?

Because differently it's really hard to think it's not a hoax !

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Yeah, that would be interesting. Having been a patent examiner I know how things worked there, but I also know how money talks. And the older I get I am more and more convinced that if someone has enough money and wants to do something, it gets done, period.

Example: a huge chicken farm about to go in a few hundred yards behind my house in a residential zone. Even though the town wanted to keep it out, the town council finally yielded to the pressure of the big corporation that wanted to put it there. I have no doubt that palms were greased well.

Oh, and thanks for your comment.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

it does seem like everyday the world becomes so unreal, i believe that we will be nuked if not glassed completely. grim indeed my friends.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by theoria77
I was really curious to read the posts of Titor, as i knew superficially about it.

But i wanted to stop reading when i saw this (maybe someone allready pointed to this ?) :

"07 November 2000 21:23...

...When I was 13, I was a soldier"

So, i understand that time could change a little when you do a time travel, but he is saying he was a soldier in 2011 (he claimed was born in 1998) ? In united states ?

My language is not English, maybe the word "soldiers" means something that is not military ?

Because differently it's really hard to think it's not a hoax !

It's not that hard to understand either. In his "timeline", the US was already in a civil war. And it's not hard to imagine a 13 year old boy standing side by side with his father in his local militia if civil war were to break out. Hell, with every day that passes here, it feels like we are getting closer and closer to this reality. The government and certain media have already made it clear that the new terrorists are American citizens who believe in their constitution. It's extremely scary. While I can always imagine certain citizens bowing down to the big scary government, I promise there will be many more who draw the line right about where we are now, and will band together and rise up. It is a plausible scenario. Much easier to swallow today than 12 years ago when he first made his statement.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
WHO AMONG US HAS NOT HAD VISIONS OF SIMILAR SCENARIOS? THE PREDICTIONS ARE TO A DEGREE SIMILAR TO THE SITUATION AND NOT.....
MAYBE THE VERY ACT OF THE HOAXERS CREATIVE MOMENTUM, HAS TOUCHED UPON TODAYS REALITY, THROUGH THE SAME PRESCIENCE THAT ALL OF US ENJOY BUT SELDOM ENGAGE IN.....

Holy caps lock, Batman! I was expecting some seriously groundbreaking info with all those CAPS! /disappointed

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Why do I feel like we get a revisiting John Titor thread once a year. And it always ends the same way... " I dont care who he was, thats not the point"

Isnt it kinda the point? If he was a fraud ( almost certainly was) then none of his babble matters.

Not to be directed at you op. I found it all extremely fascinating at the time.

Okay mister smarty pants... You think that there are only two possibilities, that he was either a time traveler or a fraud.

Here's a third possibility: he may have seen visions of the future so vivid that he cracked a bit. That has no bearing on the accuracy of those visions. So, in two out of the three scenarios the info is or may be very important.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
He could have been a remote viewer who saw something terrible, and tried his best to create a timeline and released the story under the cover of a time traveler. I know..... the possibilities are endless, hence the reason that there is no point in discussing the man. We will never know who we was.

At the time I would have never believed all his predictions, until after 911. A few more years later, and things are beginning to resemble his vision of the future. I think his biggest mistake was attaching dates to everything. No one can be certain of dates. Even with his cover story, a "time traveler" can't be certain of dates due to different timelines. So giving everyone dates to focus on was the worst thing he did. Remove the dates and all of a sudden, it gets a little freaky.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

Originally posted by FrostForests
Titor was of course very interesting.

It's fun to read and think about. As far as proving anything, well...that's time travel. You can't prove anything.

Exactly why I don't want to discuss the time travel portion of the argument. No one can prove anything. And it's doesn't matter. They guy could have been anyone. But the message sounds familiar today. Something we should all think about. It's scary actually. Because he could have been describing something we might see in our lifetimes, looking at the world today, and where it's heading. Hell, it could happen next year, or next month, or even today.

To some degree that message has always sounded familiar - was familiar in the 60's and 70's with opposition to Vietnam plus the whole cold war thing going back to the 50's, was familiar in the 80's also with the cold war, it was and probably always will be the same. How about taking the nuclear aspect out for obvious reasons and you've got a similar showing of frustration and resentment in the 30's. I could go on. The only real differences is forums like this where a lot of armchair activists make more mutterings to a wider audience.

Will it happen for real? Dunno, but if it does I don't think his 'prediction' would be proved accurate because it has always been a probability. You don't think you were eating processed food in 2000? You don't think Israel and the Middle East weren't best buddies since - well, as long as Israel has existed?

It sounds more like an embellishment of the story in Terminator really, doesn't it. Funny how (ho hum) Europe and China are destroyed but America survives - charming, but a kind of obvious comment really as it keeps that whole Hollywood feeling to the story.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by flyswatter

Well, that's your perspective, I disagree.
And please don't call me sir. I am not a man.

You really don't think America and Russia had been closer to war before 911???? Have you heard about a little thing called the Cuban missile crisis?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

He could have been a remote viewer who saw something terrible, and tried his best to create a timeline and released the story under the cover of a time traveler. I know..... the possibilities are endless, hence the reason that there is no point in discussing the man. We will never know who we was.

At the time I would have never believed all his predictions, until after 911. A few more years later, and things are beginning to resemble his vision of the future. I think his biggest mistake was attaching dates to everything. No one can be certain of dates. Even with his cover story, a "time traveler" can't be certain of dates due to different timelines. So giving everyone dates to focus on was the worst thing he did. Remove the dates and all of a sudden, it gets a little freaky.

OP, I don't really know why you think this, I really don't. Unless you are of an age where 911 was in some way linked to you taking a look at the world at large rather than relatively localised issues. I also would like to say that a second civil war in America has probably been talked about since the last one ended. Why do you give credibility to this? If it gives you some feeling of vindication then fine, but I'm really not seeing anything of substance.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So I am up to page 6 now, he may be a hoax a very elaborate hoax at that. The way he answers his questions intrigue me, he has not slipped once as far as I can see and gives very detailed answers. Since I am new to all this stuff I have a very open mind about it, although half the information he gives goes over my head as I don't know a whole lot about time travel but some of the things he has said ring true. I will read some more today and find out more about what he has said about our future or possible future. Either way if it's a hoax or not I really am enjoying the read OP

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ringadingasaur

Laughing... Yeah, what about Camel Krushes?! I saw a guy standing at a payphone a couple yrs ago, lookin confused. I asked if he was Ok, he said he'd been dropped off by a jail employee at this gas station, to wait for his aunt to come from El Paso. He'd been put in jail for rustling cattle and trying to move them over the border. I forget which direction. He got 6 years, served it all. Time-traveler, man! I gave him a Camel krush, knowing that sort of cig tech was unfathomable to the somewhat primitive, 2005 human brain.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Please understand, as I've already said multiple times, when I say before 911, I'm not talking about the entire history of America for crying out loud, I'm talking about when he was posting his predictions, all within only 1 year of 911. And no, during that time just before 911 happened, we were not frequently discussing the possibility of civil war in this country, or the frequency of freedoms being stripped away from us, or the idea that ww3 was on our doorsteps or that russia might launch a nuke at us any second. It all seemed so distant from our minds back then. And I'm talking about your average person, not your average conspiracy groupie. The mood of the average populace has greatly changed in 13 years.

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I really don't care if you agree with my observations or not, but before accusing me of looking for validation or whatever, please actually read everything I've posted carefully. I'm only trying to have a discussion about my observations. I'm not looking to prove anything. I'm not saying he was right or wrong. And seems other people here are having the same observations as me, so don't accuse me, i'm obviously not alone in my thinking. And there is nothing wrong with us discussing what we have noticed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join