It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting John Titor predictions 12 years later. Look Familiar?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
reply to post by something wicked

Please understand, as I've already said multiple times, when I say before 911, I'm not talking about the entire history of America for crying out loud, I'm talking about when he was posting his predictions, all within only 1 year of 911. And no, during that time just before 911 happened, we were not frequently discussing the possibility of civil war in this country, or the frequency of freedoms being stripped away from us, or the idea that ww3 was on our doorsteps or that russia might launch a nuke at us any second. It all seemed so distant from our minds back then. And I'm talking about your average person, not your average conspiracy groupie. The mood of the average populace has greatly changed in 13 years.

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I really don't care if you agree with my observations or not, but before accusing me of looking for validation or whatever, please actually read everything I've posted carefully. I'm only trying to have a discussion about my observations. I'm not looking to prove anything. I'm not saying he was right or wrong. And seems other people here are having the same observations as me, so don't accuse me, i'm obviously not alone in my thinking. And there is nothing wrong with us discussing what we have noticed.

I have read, thank you. All I can say is the average person would have thought differently to you prior to 911 - you are projecting your own feelings at the time (or how you remember them from over a decade ago) onto everyone else. Are you familiar with the song two tribes by a band called Frankie Goes to Hollywood? It starts with an air raid siren followed by instructions on what to do in the event of a nuclear attack, the video featured US and Russian presidents slugging it out in a ring - that came out in the mid 80's.

You must have led a very sheltered life.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Not really but i understand what the effects of "group minds" can do to my heart beat and thus my thoughts. I do live "these days" keeping to myself as much as possible but i am not "afraid" to put myself "out there" to be "destroyed emotionally". This has not happened yet and the future doesn't exists yet for me.
You are correct though i never experienced "directly" the "911" effects, however "fear" can be overcome in the mind.
edit on 16-3-2013 by ThePhysicalExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Time doesn't exist, really. I mean, think about it, all we truly have is the present. Everything else is just memory and hope. That's to say that our memory is true and the present even exists.

I for one don think time travel could ever exist. Can you travel through a math problem? No? Maybe travel through the alphabet? Nope. Time is nothing more than man's way of filing away the sunsets and sunrises in our existence. You can't travel through something that technically doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

reply to post by flyswatter

Well, that's your perspective, I disagree.
And please don't call me sir. I am not a man.

Not really just my "perspective", its a fact that we have been within minutes of full-scale nuclear exchange, well before 9/11 was a twinkle in anyone's eyes.

Suez in 1956, U2 incident in 1962 (this was probably the closest, and nearly out of our control), faulty alert in 1979. Take your pick.

I agree with you you are right. However - the future is very uncertain.
I think the post from 'under water' above is a bit rude and ' sir' is polite if old fashioned and if an avatar has a male on it it is natural to assume the poster is male.

edit on 16-3-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by flyswatter

Well, that's your perspective, I disagree.
And please don't call me sir. I am not a man.

Not really just my "perspective", its a fact that we have been within minutes of full-scale nuclear exchange, well before 9/11 was a twinkle in anyone's eyes.

Suez in 1956, U2 incident in 1962 (this was probably the closest, and nearly out of our control), faulty alert in 1979. Take your pick.

I agree with you you are right. However - the future is very uncertain.
I think the post from 'under water' above is a bit rude and ' sir' is polite if old fashioned and if an avatar has a male on it it is natural to assume the poster is male.

edit on 16-3-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

It says "FEMALE" right under my name. And my avatar is of a cartoon, not a man.
And sorry if it came off as rude. I wasn't trying to be rude.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by something wicked

Please understand, as I've already said multiple times, when I say before 911, I'm not talking about the entire history of America for crying out loud, I'm talking about when he was posting his predictions, all within only 1 year of 911. And no, during that time just before 911 happened, we were not frequently discussing the possibility of civil war in this country, or the frequency of freedoms being stripped away from us, or the idea that ww3 was on our doorsteps or that russia might launch a nuke at us any second. It all seemed so distant from our minds back then. And I'm talking about your average person, not your average conspiracy groupie. The mood of the average populace has greatly changed in 13 years.

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I really don't care if you agree with my observations or not, but before accusing me of looking for validation or whatever, please actually read everything I've posted carefully. I'm only trying to have a discussion about my observations. I'm not looking to prove anything. I'm not saying he was right or wrong. And seems other people here are having the same observations as me, so don't accuse me, i'm obviously not alone in my thinking. And there is nothing wrong with us discussing what we have noticed.

I have read, thank you. All I can say is the average person would have thought differently to you prior to 911 - you are projecting your own feelings at the time (or how you remember them from over a decade ago) onto everyone else. Are you familiar with the song two tribes by a band called Frankie Goes to Hollywood? It starts with an air raid siren followed by instructions on what to do in the event of a nuclear attack, the video featured US and Russian presidents slugging it out in a ring - that came out in the mid 80's.

Your looking into an ocean and I'm trying to show you a pond. I understand the ups and downs of the last 50 years and beyond. But how we felt in the mid 80's is nothing like how we felt in 2000. In 1994 I was all upset about my bf being shipped off to south Korea after all the news that followed the gulf war for so long. But by 2000 all those fears were diminished.

John Titor made his posts/predictions in late 2000 through early 2001, when things honestly felt more safe and secure. Russia nuking us was laughable in 2000. Not so much anymore though.

I'm fine with you disagreeing with me if you saw the world differently. We have not all experienced the same thing. But for myself, and everyone around me, and obviously many people who have posted on this thread already, that was our perspective of the world at THAT time. Yours may be different. And that's fine. I'm not trying to project anything, or manipulate, or whatever else I've been accused of since starting this thread. I've merely just voiced my opinion based on my perspective, from the life that I have lived. And no, I would not call my life sheltered, at all. We've just been living different lives. Insults are not needed.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Are you familiar with the song two tribes by a band called Frankie Goes to Hollywood? It starts with an air raid siren followed by instructions on what to do in the event of a nuclear attack, the video featured US and Russian presidents slugging it out in a ring - that came out in the mid 80's.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and also remember that time well. The threat of Nuclear Annihilation was very real at any time.

I also remember the Fall of the Iron Curtain and the collapse of the Soviet Union and the closing up of the bases in Cuba, and "The world breathed a collective sigh of relief" I also remember the warming of relations when Reagan ordered Gorbachev to "Tear down this Wall" in Berlin.

This all took place well before Titor came on the scene in 2000, which was a time of relative peace, rising prosperity and an over consuming and happily fed American Populace.

The people arguing with Peter Schiff in 2006 in the video are a product of that era where everyone loves our dollars and the party is going to last forever. The Predictor, Peter, like Titor in this case, is laughed at like a Hyena laughs.

Unlike the people of America then, Titor represented himself as coming from a place of living within your means, austerity and the people of 2000 were looked at by those in the future as a time when we had it all and squandered it and that we deserved our fate.

Contrast then to now where living with our means, and scaling down consumption are being preached constantly.

Compare that to the Hyena's on the video of Peter Schiff

“Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. You were the generation that had it all and squandered it. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that.”

edit on 16-3-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Templeton
John Titor would be buried in my hoax bin right next to D4rk Kn1ght and hidden-hand if it weren't for the fact that the time machine schematics he produced resulted in a patent. Not that patents mean a whole lot these days but someone thought it was worth it to spend the money on it.

I do not give his "prophesy" much weight at all. They are all too vague and based on conditions that were present when they were written.

I also don't think time travel will ever be possible, or we would know. Even then, this picture sums it up:

Okay I am now CONVINCED that this guy is a hoaxer. If he is associated with that patent you linked too, then for sure it is a hoax.

I read through some of that patent and there is some serious ignorance with fundamental electrical science. I can't believe that the patent office will award something like this. If they do, then the reviewers are in bed with the flu or worse.

Example: paragraph 0258: quote ".....with matter other than iron cobalt or nickel ....etc....magnets do not appear to exist with other materials."

Wrong! You can make a magnet out of wax for crying out loud. Or how about the rare earth Super Magnets made of neodymium.

Next on the list is para 0257: "Conversely in two wires with current going in opposite directions the graviton waves are in anti-phase and would interact destructively between the wires......etc....and produce apparent repulsion between the wires, which is exactly what is observed."

Wrong again. This is never observed. Example: Ethernet wire is based on Twisted Pair, differential technology. This means that current is going in opposite directions, and there is never repulsion observed. How about your house wiring. The Ac hot and the AC neutral have current in the opposite direction, but they don't repulse either. Physics says to apply the right hand rule of currents when looking at current in opposite directions in two wires, and guess what NO REPULSION.

These paragraphs are enough for me to debunk this thing. I don't feel like reading anymore nonsense.

One other point. This patent shows no working device. This is a requirement for a Patent. No device = No patent. There is such a thing as a "Design Patent", but it would also state that it is a Design Patent. This thing does not display that.

This Patent (Filed never awarded), and this Titor, are a hoax plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatifitdidhappen

Originally posted by thebtheb

I think i understand some of your post in that we create our worldlines rather than having them set in a time travelers outlined future, right?

I have to say i believe in the butterfly effect and something as small as reading a sentance on the web can change history in a big way

Yes, it's for me the idea that we, as the experiencers of these thing, are not necessarily completely out of the equation.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Very intriguing, not as implausible as some may believe, now I am in Lancashire England so I don't have the personal experience many American's have but the concept of a Cino./European pact is not so far fetched as during the start of the credit crunch the Chinese had representative's of the European union begging hat in hand for finance's to help bail them out and the full detail's of what exactly china got from this were not disclosed fully, china is allied to north Korea and though it is a rabid dog the master still has a firm hand on the chain, if it is in Chinese interest's north korea will be the fall guy, the recent mounting tension in the area and the possible conflict and probable capitulation of japan in such a circumstance (they surrendered once so the cultural taboo and stigma is broken making it culturally more acceptable do it again in dire circumstance), with china on the rise and the western power's on the wane it become's even more probable that buiseness interest's would drive a closer alliance with china and the European union as well as the secret treatise the European leader's signed from Mastricht to Beijing, coupled with the upcoming American service personell recall from Europe and the European unified defence force that will form a federal European army comprised of the reduced force's of the member state's mean's there is a possibility that such a scenario as Titor claim's is plausible, given global anti American sentiment while the corporation's make there former home the target and scapegoat for the anger roused by there action's and move to the like's of china and the European federation it may even be likely given financial and economic impetouse.

As for his theory of time travel I think I will try to flesh it out.

Start at a point in time, now though it is difficult to conceive time is itself slowing down as the universe grows older, in the younger universe time flowed much faster and the older universe it will be much slower but from the perspective of an observer inside the time stream it is constant (though that is an illusion), coupled with the aging universe is the possible divergence of time stream's through a process known as quantum divergence (were two or more possible outcomes exist for an action the theory state's they all a happen but as they can not exist together in the same reality they cause the universe to branch off creating parallel reality's) and as you go forward there has been more quantum divergence (more parallel reality') but if you go back in time there are less and this make's it more energy intensive but assuming somebody some were worked out a way more stable to travel back in time but the process may create a branching parallel reality upon the traveller's arrival in there past and they may not be able to cleanly return without altering reality (except in sci fi causality loop's) in there own time so they would actually have entered a quantum branch into another time stream and not be were they started. were he say's a cone he mean's in the past less reality's higher quantum compression meaning he may have been more ghost than man as his quantum energy level's would be hard unless somehow amplified into our own period.

What I am saying is he had an insight into the structure of time though true time travel may be impossible as what we perceive as time is an artificial construct of the human consciousness, the universe is an energy field traveling along an axis we perceive as time, the leading edge is some were ahead of us and may explain why our consciousness can some time's prove prescient as, but there is also a trailing field, now at right angle's to this imagine a flat cd shaped disc (coned so that the point is ahead that has a thin line running through the centre representing time), any action causes ripple's that fade outward and fall back down the cone as they fade (they move at right angle's to the time space continuum just like all energy but fall behind the continuum as they have less energy than matter or space, at every point along this cone the further out from the time stream the weaker the echo but if you integrate at that point you will find yourself in the time stream , this is parallel time travel and not chronological time travel but it may be possible).

Some time's you just can't put into two dimensional human speech or writing what you can see such a frustrating method of communication.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chippa

Originally posted by Templeton
John Titor would be buried in my hoax bin right next to D4rk Kn1ght and hidden-hand if it weren't for the fact that the time machine schematics he produced resulted in a patent. Not that patents mean a whole lot these days but someone thought it was worth it to spend the money on it.

I do not give his "prophesy" much weight at all. They are all too vague and based on conditions that were present when they were written.

I also don't think time travel will ever be possible, or we would know. Even then, this picture sums it up:

Okay I am now CONVINCED that this guy is a hoaxer. If he is associated with that patent you linked too, then for sure it is a hoax.

I read through some of that patent and there is some serious ignorance with fundamental electrical science. I can't believe that the patent office will award something like this. If they do, then the reviewers are in bed with the flu or worse.

Example: paragraph 0258: quote ".....with matter other than iron cobalt or nickel ....etc....magnets do not appear to exist with other materials."

Wrong! You can make a magnet out of wax for crying out loud. Or how about the rare earth Super Magnets made of neodymium.

Next on the list is para 0257: "Conversely in two wires with current going in opposite directions the graviton waves are in anti-phase and would interact destructively between the wires......etc....and produce apparent repulsion between the wires, which is exactly what is observed."

Wrong again. This is never observed. Example: Ethernet wire is based on Twisted Pair, differential technology. This means that current is going in opposite directions, and there is never repulsion observed. How about your house wiring. The Ac hot and the AC neutral have current in the opposite direction, but they don't repulse either. Physics says to apply the right hand rule of currents when looking at current in opposite directions in two wires, and guess what NO REPULSION.

These paragraphs are enough for me to debunk this thing. I don't feel like reading anymore nonsense.

One other point. This patent shows no working device. This is a requirement for a Patent. No device = No patent. There is such a thing as a "Design Patent", but it would also state that it is a Design Patent. This thing does not display that.

This Patent (Filed never awarded), and this Titor, are a hoax plain and simple.

Well atleast thats cleared up
Its actually just an application and no patent, plus it was filed in 2004 which is 3 years after Titor left. So at best its just more speculation

If you take a look at the full insert in context it doesnt look like that is whats being said. Plus i doubt anyone willing to waste that much time is going to make silly mistakes like that. As for the second part....we dont actually have a working device to prove or disprove any of the text so again thats not really solid.

It isn't the proof you're looking for, ultimately most hoax criers dont want to accept anything that might upset the balance of their ego and world perception. Thus the influx of nay-sayers. This conversation originally had nothing to do with the validity of John Titors story but became that way because of these people. You have to ask yourself if you're a

Pseudo-Skeptic
1.Denying, when only doubt has been established
2.Double standards in the application of criticism
3.The tendency to discredit rather than investigate
4.Presenting insufficient evidence or proof
5.Assuming criticism requires no burden of proof
6.Making unsubstantiated counter-claims
7.Counter-claims based on plausibility rather than empirical evidence
8.Suggesting that unconvincing evidence provides grounds for completely dismissing a claim

or a Skeptic
1.Acceptance of doubt when neither assertion nor denial has been established
2.No burden of proof to take an agnostic position
3.Agreement that the corpus of established knowledge must be based on what is proved, but recognising its incompleteness
4.Even-handedness in requirement for proofs, whatever their implication
5.Accepting that a failure of a proof in itself proves nothing
6.Continuing examination of the results of experiments even when flaws are found

Ultimately everyone makes a determination early on how they are going to approach every situation. Truth is its unfalsifiable....plain and simple. You can believe or scream hoax for whatever reasons but at the end of the day theres still a story and people want to talk about it. So why can't we all get along and agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatifitdidhappen

Interesting and very astute but remember Leonardo Da'Vinci used deliberate flaw's in his designs so they could not be stolen such as the tank with the crank and axel the wrong way around, In Ethernet cable you are using very low energy's and the magnetic field's are exceptionally weak and only short, over any length of cable the process called inductive capacitance occurs were the charge in the conductor resist's further current flow which is exactly why you use AC in you main's, though negligible the impedence (z) caused by opposite direct current flow's in two side by side cable's does exist as the opposing electromagnetic field's cancel one another but only very slightly, and yes you can make a magnet out of most crystalline substance were the atoms can be arranged in a polarised order.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by Whatifitdidhappen

Interesting and very astute but remember Leonardo Da'Vinci used deliberate flaw's in his designs so they could not be stolen such as the tank with the crank and axel the wrong way around, In Ethernet cable you are using very low energy's and the magnetic field's are exceptionally weak and only short, over any length of cable the process called inductive capacitance occurs were the charge in the conductor resist's further current flow which is exactly why you use AC in you main's, though negligible the impedence (z) caused by opposite direct current flow's in two side by side cable's does exist as the opposing electromagnetic field's cancel one another but only very slightly, and yes you can make a magnet out of most crystalline substance were the atoms can be arranged in a polarised order.

I'm willing to bet Tesla did the same with his notes

Perhaps your right. I virtually know nothing about electrical engineering so it could very well be wrong on purpose. But at the same time we're looking at a diagram and text from supposedly 23 years from our current future. So i'm hesistant to believe that the context we are looking at is something that we can familiarize with. Because scientifically the world John lives in is vastly different than the one we live in.

I will say this though, whoever compiled the patent information for a supposed hoax this big i'd like to shake his/her hand in an unwaivering amount of respect

Btw it would be interesting as the years progress if anyone actually tried some of the math to see if any of it adds up
edit on 16-3-2013 by Whatifitdidhappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
OP, i can see where you're coming from, and yea, you're right, with assuming that what this "Titor" said was right, at least in part.

Those that said that he didn't give anything specific (like a black president for the US) you're also right. he could have even given a time frame. "this event will happen around the year 20xx"

Someone said that it was funny how come he wasn't one of the 3 billion that were wiped out...I think he said he was from the US, though. that's what understood. don't quote me here.

as for the time traveling part... i don't believe in it because i don't see time as being linear, but rather spiraling, or going back and forth like a pendulum. no matter how the time flows, or doesn't flow, time travel can't be proven.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryscent
OP, i can see where you're coming from, and yea, you're right, with assuming that what this "Titor" said was right, at least in part.

Those that said that he didn't give anything specific (like a black president for the US) you're also right. he could have even given a time frame. "this event will happen around the year 20xx"

Someone said that it was funny how come he wasn't one of the 3 billion that were wiped out...I think he said he was from the US, though. that's what understood. don't quote me here.

as for the time traveling part... i don't believe in it because i don't see time as being linear, but rather spiraling, or going back and forth like a pendulum. no matter how the time flows, or doesn't flow, time travel can't be proven.

You cant disprove it either
But i understand your stance.

The 3 billion he was referring to is from Europe and China, John was in Jacksonville at the time i believe when Russia went nuke crazy. He also stated that any specificity in his 'predictions' would result in a conflict in his ethics....which some would say is a cop out. But i would say in a world where nuclear holocaust is a reality and a handful of people are surviving day to day on cooperation and elbow grease, Integrity is a high priority. Not like it is now

I like the quote Jacobe001 used

"Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that."

Which only grows more true the more i see the world

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Let us not forget the conundrum in the theory that every person's life is a participant in the future, and what encompasses your reality is not necessarily a given fact that will hold true if you were indeed able to travel time.

The cone of divergence really means something here.

if we think we have any idea about the the way that alternate universes may exist, then this Titor story stands up to these ambiguities with logic that implies that there is no way to go in to the future, or back in time and not come back to the exact condition in the place you left. Mind boggling stuff.

That would imply that his predictions are in the marginal category of his timeline, and while things could be similar in ours, they, because of a significant event in any timeline, would cause a divergence that may result in vast future possibilities of events. I love this stuff.

edit on 16-3-2013 by charlyv because: content

edit on 16-3-2013 by charlyv because: content

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Let us not forget the conundrum in the theory that every person's life is a participant in the future, and what encompasses your reality is not necessarily a given fact that will hold true if you were indeed able to travel time.

The cone of divergence really means something here.

if we think we have any idea about the the way that alternate universes may exist, then this Titor story stands up to these ambiguities with logic that implies that there is no way to go in to the future, or back in time and not come back to the exact condition in the place you left. Mind boggling stuff.

No kidding! Even with point A being John Titor entered worldline and point Z being our present reality i still think civil unrest is peaking into a powderkeg. Which may or may not be inevitable regardless of Titors presence but if we do break out into a civil war it only makes a conflageration of the veracity and tangible truths when assessing Titor further

But...no one would care until after its over with

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
And I have nothing to add to that because it makes sense.
Let's hope that what is in our timeline had enough resilience to overcome such a disaster.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hey guys i'm new, so i don't know if what i say has already been said. If so, sorry. Nonetheless, i just wanted to point out one of John Titor's predictions. In a post of his John Titor claims that the last olympics will be held in 2004. First, he doesn't mention summer or winter. Second, olympics have continued since then. Also, he states that he doesn't want to prove anything but why did he join forums and start posting about his "time travel". Also, i am a "fan" of the multiverse interpretation in quantum mechanics and it may be that in "his world" the last olympics are in 2004, however he didn't mention anything about technology. I don't think that in another world, with a divergence of about 2% as he says, technology would change that much. He didn't tell us anything about technology. Lastly, he says he doesn't want to be harmed and thus doesn't reveal anything about our future. However, that doesn't make sense. If he would've revealed our future in 2013 how could we harm him? In my opinion, this guy is just a complete hoax.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Also 1983 - that was really a close one.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join