It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting John Titor predictions 12 years later. Look Familiar?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It's too bad that one member can be allowed to so badly derail a thread that could have had a very good discussion. I came in here looking for a good back and forth only to find some outspoken member posting over and over in a very obvious attempt to derail the OP's thread. This kind of thing is becoming too common place lately.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yep. The bitchin and arguing keeps the thread on the top of the recent posts page, but you have to muddle through three pages of bitchin and arguing.

That said, a civil war in the US is starting to seem very possible, and the US government does not have very many warm and fuzzy relationships with other nations these days.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The mods have been slow. They deleted a few of his posts but there are still some left that IMO could have also been removed. Sucks that someone wants so badly to prevent this discussion, but oh we'll, what can you do...

And yeah, civil war actually seems like it could go off any day now. Especially after reading the LA Times article, and the furious comments that followed.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2013 by Under Water because: Link added

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ringadingasaur
reply to post by Under Water

Lol youre not a man...? Then WHAT are you?

Ok, I know this is ot and will probably be removed, but seriously? He just registered today and this was the very first post he contributed to this site??? Just look at his post history.

Guess he's never heard of a woman before.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Not sure if it'll help any, but I did report him. I may not have much to really add to the discussion you were hoping for, but like SpaDe above me, I was really hoping to read some good back and forth.

I still think it's possible. So if I may.....please, carry on.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

On March 24, 2001, John Titor announced he would be leaving our time and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online (curiously focusing his efforts on conspiracy community discussion boards) continues to this day.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Left" before 911 happened. I didn't know that.

"I know exactly where I was and every detail of the exact moment the first nuclear warheads began falling on Jacksonville."

"While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food, buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from millions of people suffering and dying all around you."

"Russia's enemy in the United States is not you, the average person. Russia's enemy is the United States government."

"Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and it's offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the middle-east is a part of what's to come, not the cause."

"Although I understand the "gun rights" issue here, I cannot relate to it all and it is a common point of argument with my mother. I keep saying her tune will change in about ten years and she'll be cleaning shotguns in her sleep but it doesn't help. If it makes you feel any better, I never shot anyone who wasn't trying to kill me."

"When the civil "conflict" started and got worse, people generally decided to either stay in the cities and lose most of their civil rights under the guise of security or leave the cities for more isolated and rural areas. Our home was searched once and the neighbor across the street was arrested for some unknown reason. That convinced my father to leave the city."

The above doesn't sound like something that someone would have thought of pre 911.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Necrobile

Thank you. We'll just give it time. I was also looking forward to a good discussion. Maybe there will be some fresh opinions tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Oh yes. That was one of the points I tried to make. I'm thinking my op wasn't written out very well, and for that I'm sorry. But yeah, everything changed after 911, and his predictions were made within the year before it happened, when these things were far from what most people thought about. Now, all those quotes sound like a regular day of headlines around here. Sometimes things feel hopeless. News is nothing but one awful event after another.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I'll have to read up on those archives. This thread has peaked my interest again, it's weird when predictions or the future's past (lol), happens with noticeable similarities.

It makes me wonder what the mechanisms of such things are.

Even if someone is trying to hoax people, and gets many things right, accidentally, are there strange forces at work, that we don't entirely understand, some type of quantum entanglement of sorts?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I just had a very interesting thought... what if 911 was staged to prevent the 2005 civil war in America? Unite the American people against a common enemy? The implications are astounding! I mean assuming any of this is real, who's to say the CIA didn't believe this guy and prevent the war on American soil? Obviously it back fired though...(but I guess its better than citizens killing citizens(sorta)). Who else remembers all the news story's about America being united after 911, and all the increased national pride etc.. Anyway just a thought...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pmckart1

Wow, that is a great angle. Can you imagine? What a webbed timeline we weave.

So they unite us, while stripping our freedoms and America gladly gave up those freedoms. Then it didn't stop. And now people are getting angry. Maybe the future can be changed, altered, but not prevented.

Good stuff!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Whats going on with the metal scene? Is it just me or do a lot of these rocker types seem to know a lot more than they are giving off? I listen to lots of metal and there are some 80s euro metal that just make me think. Heres lyrics and a couple songs from blind guardian.

www.songlyrics.com...

Turn your head and see the fields of flames He carries along From a distant place He's on his way He'll bring decay in shades of grey We're doomed to face the night Light's out of sight Since we've reached the point of no return We pray for starlight We wait for the moon The sky is empty Alone in the unknown We're getting nowhere We have been betrayed By the wind and the rain The sacred halls empty and cold The sacrifice made should not be done in vain Revenge will be taken by Rome We live a lie Under the dying moon Pale faced laughs doom Indulges in delight It's getting out of hand The final curtain will fall Hear my voice There is no choice There's no way out You'll find out We don't regret it So many man have failed But now he's gone Go out and get it The madman's head it shall be thine We don't regret it That someone else dies hidden in disguise Go out and get it

Orion's hound shines bright

www.songmeanings.net...

Don't you think it's time to stop the chase Around the ring Just stop running, running Round the ring Don't you know that fate has been decided By the gods Feel the distance, distance Out of reach Welcome to the end... Watch your step, Cassandra You may fall As I've stumbled on the field Sister mine Death's a certain thing Find myself in darkest places Find myself drifting away And the otherworld The otherworld appears Find myself, she dies in vain I cannot be freed I'm falling down As time runs faster Moves towards disaster The ferryman will wait for you My dear And then there was silence Just a voice from the otherworld Like a leaf in an icy world Memories will fade

Misty tales and poems lost
All the bliss and beauty will be gone
May my weary soul find release for a while
At the moment of death I will smile
It's the triumph of shame and disease
In the end
Iliad

Raise my hands and praise the day
Brake the spell, show me the way
In decay
The flame of Troy will shine bright

The newborn child would carry ruin to the hall
The newborn's death will be a blessing to us all

Good choice?
Bad choice?
Out of three
You've choosen misery
Power and wisdom
You deny
Bad choice

War is the only answer
When love will conquer fear
So the judgment's been made
To the fairest
The graceful says
Badly he fails

Warning
Fear the heat of passion, father king
Don't let him in
Don't let her in
Desire, lust, obssession
Death they'll bring
We can't get out
Once they are in

She's like the sunrise Outshines the moon at night Precious like starlight She'll bring in a murderous price In darkness grows the seed of man's defeat Jealousy I can clearly see the end now I can clearly see the end now I can clearly see the end now The thread of life in spun The coin's been placed below my tongue Never give up Never give in Be on our side So we can win Never give up Never give in Be on our side Old moon's time is soon to come Nowhere to run Nowhere to hide Nothing to lose Like one we'll stand We'll face the storm Created by man Troy, Troy, Troy, Troy

And as the lion Slaughters man I am the wolf And you're the lamb

Hallowed Troy shall fall Round the walls Faith is shattered, bodies fall Nowhere to run Nowhere to hide Nothing to lose Like one we'll stand It's all for one and one for all All we live for will be wiped out I feel that something's wrong Surprise, surprise they're gone Full moon your time goes by And new moon's still kept out of sight We live We die Misty tales and poems lost All the bliss and beauty will be gone May my weary soul find release for a while At the moment of death I will smile It's the triumph of shame and disease In the end Iliad

In decay

Roam in darkness
Spread the vision
We will be lost if you truly believe
Troy in darkness
There's a cold emptiness in our hearts
That they've gone away
And won't come back

They'll tear down the wall to bring it in
They'll truly believe in the lie
With blossoms they'll welcome the old foe

The vision's so clear
When day and dream unite
The end is near
You'd better be prepared

The nightmare shall be over now
There's nothing more to fear
Come join in our singing
And dance with us now
The nightmare shall be over now
There's nothing more to fear
The war it is over, forevermore

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Mar 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
www.songmeanings.net...

No hope
The blind leads the blind
Carry on
Though future's denied
Mare or stallion
There's far more inside
We are in at the kill
We'll cheerfully die

Misty tales and poems lost
All the bliss and beauty will be gone
May my weary soul find release for a while
At the moment of death I will smile
It's the triumph of shame and disease
In the end
Iliad

In decay

www.crystalinks.com...

Cherokee Prophecies

Prophecy of the Rattlesnake

The Cherokee Calendar also speaks its voice telling that at this time of the fingers striking Jupiter that Orion Star System will awaken. And the Pleiades and Orion will war once again as in old. Jupiter and Venus will awaken to its destiny of TIME UNTIME of cycles. Orion will WAR with Pleadies, Jupiter will WAR with Venus. The time of the Cherokee UKU's will be at hand. In the year 2004 and 2012 an alignment will take place both on the Cherokee Calendar and in the heavens of the Rattlesnake Constellation both. It is the time of the doublehead serpent stick. It is the time of the Red of Orion and Jupiter against White Blue of Pleadies and Venus. It is the time of the Uku's choosing. It is the time of the Beloved Woman and MYSTERIES OF TIME UNTIME. It is the Time Untime of the THUNDERBOLT and the spirits of Lightning Mountains.

Wheel Of Time lyrics Blind Guardian

www.songlyrics.com...

Now there is no end
The wheel will turn, my friend

I'm in flames
Cause I have touched the light
It pulls me so
We shall be one
Forevermore
That's all I want
It's all I need
Everything is fixed
There's no chance
There's no choice

It's calling me
Saidin
So precious and sweet
My mind keeps fading away

It's scratching deeper
My sole reliever
How can I find you now?

Sorry for the spam. but i thought it was very interesting... Isn't something about some metal Musicians being time travellers?

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
While I do not personally believe this person was telling the truth, my answer to whether any of this is possible is a definite "yes." It is important to remember, basically like you said, that things we cannot imagine happening can happen very quickly once change starts. It seems to be snowballing. I think that is often how change for the worse comes about, while change for the better takes much more time.

I do not want there to be another civil war in the US, but what choice do those who actually care about their civil liberties and rights actually have? Even with protests as large as OWS, the government simply undermines them, arrests people, and does not listen to what the people, who are the source of the government's power, have to say. And I can guarantee that without something major happening, things will continue to get worse. Surveillance is going to increase to the point that everyone can be tracked by various methods, illegal searches and seizures will be a thing of the past, etc...

And once civil war does break out, because it is probably inevitable knowing that there are only a handful of patriots in congress, and the entire judicial branch, and none in the executive branch, things will snowball even more, and it is very likely that another country will strike while we are weak. I mean would anyone have thought that the issue of killing US citizens without a trial, on the whim of one person, would ever have to be stood up for by a congressman like Rand Paul to the point of filibustering because there was barely any other support? I would never have guessed that before 9/11.

And it is becoming even more obvious now that 9/11 served a very important purpose for those who are attempting to turn the US from its pseudo-democracy into a totalitarian regime. I blame many of the citizens of the US for becoming so frightened, and letting fear control them and take away what little common sense they had. Those people who listen to the government say the word terrorist and then offer to give up all their rights, and for what? So terrorist don't invade the US? Please. Instead of becoming afraid and doing what they did, people should have become angry at the government for not doing their job.

But again, the government not only took the pressure off of themselves, they got even more out of the deal, as is evident today. There MUST be some career politicians in Washington who are pulling these strings, and who have this horrible master plan in mind. They likely had a hand in getting Bush to tell the bold faced lie about WMD's in Iraq to the UN. I mean there are just so many things. And now with Obama. They want to be able to kill US citizens at their whim, and anyone with half a brain can see that this is only how it will start out. What I mean is that it will eventually be used on dissidents within our borders, against those of us who wish to preserve what little freedoms we have left, or those of us who wish to take back the freedoms that have been stolen from us.

So to sum things up, while I never really believed this guy's story, everything he said is definitely possible, and for all we know it could happen exactly the way he described. Let's hope not, but the true decision must be made by those in power. It does not matter to them that they are supposed to serve us and obey certain laws. They will push and push and push until they get what they want. And there is no way that all of this is coincidental, so as I said, there are powerful people pulling the strings behind the scenes, whether it is the corporations who stand to make lots of money, or some old politicians who are evil...I have no clue.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I remember most of his stories well enough. A lot of them are very intriguing in their similarity with events that played out after his presence. A few stories stand out in my mind, but personally, the one where he remembers the last Olympics as being cancelled is/was of great interest to me.

So lets entertain an idea, being the creative beings we are. With the Olympics, if I remember headlines and rumors surrounding the one in China, it was damn near close to being cancelled--particularly because of the pollution, accusations of human rights violations, and a general fear-of-the-other stance to China hosting this world event. The Olympics represent a show of force on the public stage, you know? Look how prosperous we are! Trade with us! It's very important for a country to be able to host this kind of event for a variety of reasons, but in my opinion I think the former is the most important--the show of force on the public stage.

If we are a divergent time line, especially with how close the games came to being cancelled, that is a damn good call in my opinion.

Naturally we've had one more Olympics since then. I may have missed it, but I don't recall any sort of headlines or even rumors to it being cancelled, thus I find it personally a little more interesting that the one closest to when he was a young boy was the one where cancellation was a high possibility.

I've a few more, but if anyone wants to discuss this one, I'll stick around for a bit.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Forgot my old account, tired of lurking and I had to comment on this topic. There's a wonderful anime about this subject, John Titor that is. "Steins;Gate" As for the OP's post, you seem to have put some thought into this. It was a good read.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Thanks op for the thread, I have never heard of this guy before so I am very interested. I am sorry your thread got derailed buy the dinosaur guy it was very annoying it's a shame. I also was here looking for a good discussion. I wanted to thank you for linking to the John Titor archive it's a very good read and I hope to return with some thoughts after I finish some serious reading.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Every year, I get the last post on it. Nobody really feels like posting after I post about him.
reply to post by Ringadingasaur

So, you come here often, get banned, then start again....judging by you join date!

As the OP explained, the purpose of this thread is to see how similar Titor's vision from his world view, corresponds to our actual today.

Prior to 9/11 the world was a much calmer place by comparrisson to today, sure there stil were issues and differences, but they were on the back boil, now they are right in our face and impact us all on a more imeadiate personal level.

At 22 if you had told me 13 years ater I would frequent a conspiracey site, I would have told you "You're nuts!"

The doomsday clock is currently set at 23:55, which gives us breathing space, it has come closer to midnight than this in the past, but likewise, the clock has sat far more comfortably further away too.

Doomsday Clock

I guess the bottom line is time will tell.

edit on 15-3-2013 by solargeddon because: Bad link

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ringadingasaur

Well I don't know anything about the patents you are talking about. Maybe they were granted back before I had any experience with that agency. All I know is that when I worked there, it was a very high priority to educate all the examiners about what could and what could not be patented.

When I worked there, I saw no patents granted for anything ridiculous and I know it has become more difficult to get a patent because the whole time I worked there I personally only granted one out of all the applications I examined. It was basically about money, yes, but money generated from the actions going back and forth and lawyer fees and our fees for examining over and over the same apps.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Lets just say time travel is possible - how do you even know how to focus on the reality that we leave in? There is an infinite number of realities. How can he know which one he enters? It's impossible to predict!
The only thing I think is possible/plausible - is to view on the screen past and future.
I don't buy it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join