It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting John Titor predictions 12 years later. Look Familiar?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

At some time in early November of 2000, someone showed up in a few Internet discussion boards calling themselves Timetravel_0. Over time, they then laid claim to the real name, John Titor, a time traveler from the year 2036. On March 24, 2001, John Titor announced he would be leaving our time and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again.

Note, every quote has been taken from one source, the John Titor Archives right here on ATS.

First of all, i know many have already claimed John Titor the time traveler was a hoax. I'm not here to say it is or isn't. And that is not the topic I want to discuss. I would rather focus on the predictions, instead of the man behind them. I'm only making an observation. That much of what he predicted should be looked at a littler closer now that so much time has passed since the predictions were made. Was he a time traveler, a futurist, an Illuminati insider, a psychic? I have no idea, and I doubt anyone can 100% prove either way. I only know that the world of today looks nothing like I would have imagined before 911 happened. And lately it's starting to look more like the world he described. So from this point on, I will only look at and try to understand these predictions from a time travelers point of view. Predictions made before 911. Before this country began to change so rapidly.

"Imagine your path through time is through a cone. The farther away from the center of the cone, the more differences you will see in the world line. The C204 begins to "break away" at about 60 years. This means the level of confidence drops rapidly after 60 years of travel and the world line divergence increases. However, the longer the unit is on past a safe divergance confidence, the "stranger" the world line becomes. The unit I have is safe to about 1% for every sixty years at max power. The first "leg" of my trip was from 2036 to 1975. After two VGL checks, the divergance was estimated at about 2.5% (from my 2036)."

If this statement is true, then there should be enough divergence considering he traveled from 2036 to 1975 (61 years), and then to 2000 to hang out for several months, to create notable differences in the timeline. Assuming that this is accurate, predicted dates could easily be off, and maybe even small portions of "events" might not match up.

"what if I told you I did go forward to "your" 2036 and it looks nothing like mine. It is quite possible. If I go forward on this world line, the future will not be my future."

So instead of focusing on a timeline of dates, or events that didn't come to pass, lets just look at possible events but not associated with specific dates. After 12 years, does anything sound familiar or even possible? Could there really be a version of the future similar (not exact) to what he described waiting for us?

"There is a civil war in the United States. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years. Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe . The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. (3 Billion People wiped out.) Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska."

Wow, what a grim outlook. Could something so disastrous actually be a possibility in very very near future. Well, look at the world around us. Seems the conflict here at home between the federal government and the people just keeps getting worse with every month that passes. Since 911, our freedoms have been stripped away, one after the other. And now the divide has never felt so deep. The government continues to peck away at our freedoms and the constitution, and the latest freedom on the plate, the 2nd amendment, is creating quite the backlash from the people who support it.

Civil War? Laughable before 911....now, well it looks more and more like it every day.
Sheriff Arming Civilians to Fight Feds! "No Hope Short of Bloodshed"

Nuclear Strike against America? Again, didn't consider it a huge possibility before 911, but now.... between NK acting like they have something to prove, and now Russia recent activities....things seem to be progressing swiftly?
Russian President discusses possibility of nuclear conflicts
US verses RUSSIA: who engages, has more nukes, wins?
(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

AFE-American Federal Empire?

3 billion people wiped out. 3 billion. Take a moment to realize just how much that would change the course of history.

"I know exactly where I was and every detail of the exact moment the first nuclear warheads began falling on Jacksonville."

"While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food, buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from millions of people suffering and dying all around you."

"Russia's enemy in the United States is not you, the average person. Russia's enemy is the United States government."

"Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and it's offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the middle-east is a part of what's to come, not the cause."

"Although I understand the "gun rights" issue here, I cannot relate to it all and it is a common point of argument with my mother. I keep saying her tune will change in about ten years and she'll be cleaning shotguns in her sleep but it doesn't help. If it makes you feel any better, I never shot anyone who wasn't trying to kill me."

"When the civil "conflict" started and got worse, people generally decided to either stay in the cities and lose most of their civil rights under the guise of security or leave the cities for more isolated and rural areas. Our home was searched once and the neighbor across the street was arrested for some unknown reason. That convinced my father to leave the city."

Thoughts? Can anyone else see the similarities between the world he described and what is now happening nearly 13 years later? Forget about dates, and specific events, I couldn't care less if he was who he said he was. Just the general tone of the world and the country we live in today seems like it's headed in that direction, and that alone makes it worth looking at.

If he was really a time traveler, then our timelines would have differences. Like he said, our future is not going to resemble his home, so there would be differences, but we can't guess what they would be. All we can do is look at the world in front of us, digest the possibilities, and prepare the best we can, no matter what the future holds.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Under Water because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why do I feel like we get a revisiting John Titor thread once a year. And it always ends the same way... " I dont care who he was, thats not the point"

Isnt it kinda the point? If he was a fraud ( almost certainly was) then none of his babble matters.

Not to be directed at you op. I found it all extremely fascinating at the time.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Titor was of course very interesting.

Ah, time travel. It's so great as a story or idea because it's so complicated, because there are so many variances and outcomes depending on what every single person in the world does at all times. Is destiny truth, or can it be altered? And that's the great thing about claims of time travel, it's a story. It might be true, but you'll never know because "X" person sneezed 3 seconds sooner in this time line and threw everything off.

It's fun to read and think about. As far as proving anything, well...that's time travel. You can't prove anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Why do I feel like we get a revisiting John Titor thread once a year. And it always ends the same way... " I dont care who he was, thats not the point"
Isnt it kinda the point? If he was a fraud ( almost certainly was) then none of his babble matters.

No, it's not the point I want to make. It's more about looking at the mood of the world he described and the current mood of the world today. I think it's interesting to look at. I'm not saying, hey... the sky is falling, this so called time traveler said so. I'm merely saying, look at the world he described, and how far fetched it was at the time compared to today. And that if we don't' figure out things soon, we very well could find ourselves in a world like what he described. The whole point is to look at where we are today as a crossroads. Doesn't it feel like things could easily go overboard today if we aren't careful. It's worth looking at. And to imagine today's events leading to the deaths of nearly half the population, well that's just incredible! I guess the point is to just think. Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
Titor was of course very interesting.

It's fun to read and think about. As far as proving anything, well...that's time travel. You can't prove anything.

Exactly why I don't want to discuss the time travel portion of the argument. No one can prove anything. And it's doesn't matter. They guy could have been anyone. But the message sounds familiar today. Something we should all think about. It's scary actually. Because he could have been describing something we might see in our lifetimes, looking at the world today, and where it's heading. Hell, it could happen next year, or next month, or even today.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
No matter what anyone can say about John Titor, real or fake, the above quates do make me feel like he "knew" something. Like stated above " Who would of ever even tought that the rights of Americans would be stripped away as they are now, that citizens would be fighting for the constitution and that a civil way would even be forseen as possible??? The U.S. being nukes by Russia...Possible, they are friends with the North Koreens....But alas....Unless John comes back with pictures and proof, he will not be believed.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
No matter what anyone can say about John Titor, real or fake, the above quates do make me feel like he "knew" something. Like stated above " Who would of ever even tought that the rights of Americans would be stripped away as they are now, that citizens would be fighting for the constitution and that a civil way would even be forseen as possible??? The U.S. being nukes by Russia...Possible, they are friends with the North Koreens....But alas....Unless John comes back with pictures and proof, he will not be believed.

I agree.
I`m with you on this one.
I`m still on the fence about Titor because we can`t prove that time travel doesn`t exist in our future.
The points made in the OP do correlate with some of what he said.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The man who was John Titor crafted his story in such a way that it could be plausible to many, strike an emotional chord with some, and completely win over the more gullible amongst us. He is an intelligent man, if I remember correctly he is a college professor, and in order for it be a decent hoax it had to contain material people could relate to even several years later for it to be effective.

It is interesting to read it now, but really....meh. I

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
WHO AMONG US HAS NOT HAD VISIONS OF SIMILAR SCENARIOS? THE PREDICTIONS ARE TO A DEGREE SIMILAR TO THE SITUATION AND NOT.....
MAYBE THE VERY ACT OF THE HOAXERS CREATIVE MOMENTUM, HAS TOUCHED UPON TODAYS REALITY, THROUGH THE SAME PRESCIENCE THAT ALL OF US ENJOY BUT SELDOM ENGAGE IN.....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

it could possibly prove that our future can be predicted without time travel or actualy seeing the future.
If he is a Fraud at "time traveling" but hes predictions become true, what was the cause?
i find this stuff super interesting

besides that point, you can look at it and say everyone knew russia was a major concern even 13 years ago
edit on 14-3-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Actually before 911, I didn't consider much of what he said to be probable withing a few short years.... now, the world is much different and I can see it happening. Futurists are great at what they do, they can see pieces of the puzzle that we miss, and when they put it all together, they can easily see a future that we don't always see ourselves. I've always assumed he was a futurist of sorts. There are many other details he gave about technology that would be great to add to this post, but I decided to concentrate on just the war aspect of it all, since that's the end game. Besides, I think most people by now are familiar with those details anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Sir, the US has been one hell of a lot closer to nuclear war pre-9/11 than they have post-9/11. You can pick and choose things where some sort of interpretation may come close to the words from the time-traveler hoax, but we're still a good step away from nuclear conflict.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Well, that's your perspective, I disagree.
And please don't call me sir. I am not a man.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Lol youre not a man...? Then WHAT are you?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
reply to post by flyswatter

Well, that's your perspective, I disagree.
And please don't call me sir. I am not a man.

Not really just my "perspective", its a fact that we have been within minutes of full-scale nuclear exchange, well before 9/11 was a twinkle in anyone's eyes.

Suez in 1956, U2 incident in 1962 (this was probably the closest, and nearly out of our control), faulty alert in 1979. Take your pick.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So anyway, what we have here is a Mad Max Super Scientist Time-Travelling Gun Slinger type character that all the Science Fiction buffs and Conspiracy theorists go ham over.

And his very stern, heroic name... which plays off our subconscious recognition of the name "Terminator" even though the name means Time Traveler, it was shortened for a reason.

So we imagine a very strong character standing proud with his chest gleaming against the sun and one foot on the hill looking upwards into the sky/future. And JOHN, a very stern, solid name.

What you have here is the make up of a very good fictional character. I could have told you EVERYTHING John Titor told you was going to happen, and then I could say "Well blah blah our time lines are gonna change probably so it won't be exact" and then everything I said would come true at one point are another.

Those main key points.. (which, to bring up Terminator again, even that movie makes a lot of these same predictions... and I'm pretty sure they're just movie makers not time travelers, right?) anyway those main key points are this

Civil War.... which I have thought could be possible since I was a very little kid.
War with other countries..... of course it could happen... the primary one's being and having been Russia, China, NK, and the like for many many years now
Nuclear War.... Um, once again.... duh?? This is a fear on the back of everyone's mind. So is civil war, so is regular war... always has been always will be.

Sooooo what exactly did Titor tell us that was actually remotely true or any kind of sign that anything he said was true?

JACK SQUAT. He didn't bother to tell us what the design of Coca Cola cans would be ten years down the road, he didn't bother to mention anything about IPods which would have validated his claim right away, he didn't bother to mention XBOX 360/720 or Playstation 3/4, he didn't bother to mention we had a black president, he didn't bother to mention a WOMAN ran for president, he didn't bother to mention sooo many things that could have validated him just a teenie weenie bit more. he says stuff along the lines of "Well, I don't want to give out information because I may not want you to realize that I am telling the complete truth for my own protection" HOW COULD WE HARM HIM IF WE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO VALIDATE HIS CLAIMS FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS OR MORE??? Therefore, there is NO reason he shouldn't have been able to tell us pages and pages and pages of details about our future, or EVEN at LEAST a few accurate details.

Oh but his excuse is that... "he is not here to prove anything". THEN WHY DID HE GO TO ALL THE TROUBLE OF POSTING SO MUCH INFORMATION TO SUCH A WIDE ARRAY OF PEOPLE?

The truth is, is that I'm just jealous because I've tried to start my own John Titor type hoaxes. On some message boards I got pretty far with it then just get bored and give up, but they won't let me start them up here again
They always get deleted.

If you had been a Time Traveler Hoaxer yourself, you could see all the little nuances and mistakes and shortcuts Titor takes.... I tell you, Titor might be one of the more popular time travel hoaxers, but he is NOT the best or most convincing. He's rather sloppy, and you can just hear his tone and feel the reverberation of his laughter (or fun he's having with you in a rather innocent way) from his words. The best part about John Titor's character is that it actually *cares* about the reader, that's what most people like. He's like a big brother figure to them telling them to look out, many hoaxers fail to grasp that idea/ability and lose a lot of audience potential in the process.

By the way, a major proof he's a hoaxer.... Titor's commentaries and messages to us fade in and out of competence. He'll go from really levelling with us and trying to convince us and showing but the utmost competence and awareness to all of the sudden spouting an Abbreviation that he has not explained, and that someone as smart as he would KNOW we didn't know yet. This is because Abbreviations, before explaining them.... like "VGL" makes everything look futuristic and complex. In other words he'll be on our level then he'll switch off and start saying stuff that isn't on our level, but the only reason is to impress and try to convince. It's a Science Fiction tactic, and he's using it on you.

like, this... watch..... "Hurry... grab the ACPT while i hook up this ion cannon to the thermo nuclear ISC chamber!" those abbreviations sound way more advanced since I HAVENT explained what they are

Anyway, Not to mention, there are different theories about Time Travel, some people don't believe in world lines, some people believe if you change Time then it stays changed and wasn't ever as it was previously, meaning there was no way it was previously. Watch the John Kennedy mid 80s twilight zone episode, she explains it pretty good.

i've watched Time Travel movies that I KNEW were movies that convinced me they were Time Travelers more than John Titor.

If you think he's a Time Traveler, I just... I just don't know what to tell you.... you've been spoofed, but you probably won't agree with me. Well, that's ok, at least it keeps your mind off of the other BS in the world.

Do me a favor... would ya? Go to another message board, and make your own Time Traveler Hoax,on a new name... then come back.. I bet you will see things in a much different light after you've experienced some of your own fame.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Ringadingasaur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am the John Titor Debunker.

Every year, someone posts a John Titor thread...

Every year, I get the last post on it. Nobody really feels like posting after I post about him.

Because the whole reason they believed in John Titor to begin with was because they allowed their own perception on reality to be tampered with a bit so they could give in to yet another fantasy. But i'm NOT gonna let it happen in such an obvious, hoax way. Go read something fake and believe it, or at least a different hoax. I'm not gonna sit here and watch people believe something is true that isn't.

What if I got on a message board and had you convinced? Think what that would do to my ego, that'd make you feel pretty stupid if you knew you were inflating my ego so much by actually being an intelligent person and believing that I'm a TIME TRAVELER. John Titor is the SAME thing.

See, I'm jealous, I'm angry... because John Titor has already gotten sooooo much fame over this hoax, when my TT ideas and so many other's are way better.

I had a GREAT Time Traveler Idea, way better... and it had many of the exact same ideas John Titor's did, and in more complexity, and a few better twists, but guess what....?

I WAS ONLY 10 YEARS OLD. I couldn't relay any of it or capitalize on it, and when I finally got old enough to there were too many hoaxers plus people had already debunked John Titor thoroughly (LOL HIS drawings... )
so there was no hope of *my* idea ever coming to light in the way I wanted it to.

So that's another reason I'm pissed... YOU GUYS BELIEVE A HOAX THAT A 10 YEAR OLD COULD AND ALREADY DID CONCEIVE OF. I mean, that makes me feel VERY sorry for you, seriously.

I *will* continue to beat the John Titor nonsense to death, so if you'd like to stick around in this thread you know what to expect. You won't, though, because you don't like to hear the Truth... you just like to keep your head full of air and believe something as stupid as this??

No, you stick around and I'm gonna pop it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

<<   2  3  4 >>

join