It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Archive: Interview with a time traveler (page 1 of 19)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Span.TitorUnk [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #7cfc00;] Span.TitorA [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #cc0000; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorB [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPF [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #009900; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPP [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #800080; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorD [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorE [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #606060; font-weight: bold;] Span.IntvwQuote [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: ; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic;] The ATS John Titor Project Archiving the history of comments and statementsmade by "time traveler", John Titor. Special thanks to ATS member titan for reformatting the HTML of this material This material is the result of the hard work of several ATS members who contributed to the "John Titor Research Project" with additional help from Valhall and Springer. AboveTopSecret.com does not make any claim as to the authenticity or possible accuracy of the claims made by this person, John Titor, instead, this material is offered for an intellectual analysis and discussion of the information contained. pg.1  pg.2  pg.3  pg.4  pg.5  pg.6  pg.7  pg.8  pg.9  pg.10  pg.11  pg.12  pg.13  pg.14  pg.15  pg.16  pg.17  pg.18  pg.19  images  The SkepticOverlord's Introduction: At some time in early November of 2000, someone showed up in a few Internet discussion boards calling themselves Timetravel_0. Over time, they then laid claim to the real name, John Titor, a time traveler from the year 2036. From there, the name John Titor will forever be embedded in the folklore of both alternative-topic boards like ATS, and the Internet as a whole. As many will recall, one of the first things Titor did was post pictures of his time machine and his operations manual. As the days, weeks, and months went by, people began questioning Titor about his presence "in our timeline", the seeming impossibility of the physics of time travel and his thoughts about the issues of our time. He also posted on other Internet discussion boards including the old Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor often entertained, enraged, frightened and belittled those who engaged him in mostly one-sided conversation. On March 24, 2001, John Titor announced he would be leaving our time and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online (curiously focusing his efforts on conspiracy community discussion boards) continues to this day. Although many find it easy to dismiss all this as either science fiction or an elaborate extended hoax, there are those who still read his information and agree that there is something very troubling about John Titor and what he had to say. I was present during many of his postings and at the time, didn't pay much attention, immediately dismissing it as just another Internet hoax. However, as time goes by, many point to current-day details that seem to corroborate Titor's stories, and even others feel his exact predictions have come to pass. Others have even compiled his contributions into the book, John Titor A Time Traveler's Tale. AboveTopSecret.com is presenting the contributions and posting of John Titor as a result of the hard work of several members who participated in our research project focused on gathering all the data before it was lost from free online access. We believe this is the most complete and accurate archive of John Titor information available for free. The information is provided without official commentary of any type. Review the information, discuss, debate, and draw your own conclusions. -SkepticOverlord. 02 November 2000 01:00 (about time travel) 1 I saw the posting requsting the basic systems for a gravity distortion system that will allow time travel. Here they are: Magnetic housing units for dual microsignularities. Electron injection manifold to alter mass and gravity of microsingularities. Cooling and x-ray venting system Gravity sensors (VGL system) Main clocks (4 cesium units) Main computer units (3) 02 November 2000 01:16 (about time travel) 2 Grandfather paradox Suppose you could go back in time, lets say several decades and found your grandfather when he was two years old. In his house you could grab a knife and stab him to death. He doesn't get the chance to have children with your grandmother. Therefore either your mother or father doesn't get born. Your parents can't give birth to you because one of them don't exist. You could never have been born and don't even exist. But could your grandfather have been killed by someone who doesn't exist? He must have lived through his childhood. This would allow you to exist if this is the case. Seemingly you can go back in time to commit the murder if you are born but then you would never have been born. And so on and so on. This situation is not consistent with itself. It doesn't make sense and can't possibly happen. Solutions: [...] 2, A parallel universe might be created when you seem to change the past. Imagine if time itself was just like a tree. The different branches show different ways events could have happened. Every time we decide to do or not to do something time splits. Even if we are not aware we decided something it have affects. Quantum physics reveals a many worlds theory like this. Conclusion Since this parallel universe is not really your past (despite it's first appearance) anything you do there does not affect you. You can prevent a version of yourself from being born because you are not really related to anyone there. They just look very like your family and friends. You are not home! You may be somewhere that looks like the place you live but a different universe in quantum physics is a completely different reality.)) By the way, #2 is the correct answer and the basics for time travel start at CERN in about a year and end in 2034 with the first "time machine" built by GE. Too bad we can't post pictures or I'de show it to you. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 3 Questions for timetravel_0 with permission to post. Pamela: by the way can you tell me what it feels like to time travel? when you are in the process of doing it what does it feel like and what do you see and hear. you made mention that you had to get use to the fields. Do you see a bright flash of light? Timetravel_0: Interesting first question. The unit has a ramp up time after the destination coordinates are fed into the computers. An audible alarm and a small light start a short countdown at which point you should be secured in a seat. The gravity field generated by the unit overtakes you very quickly. You feel a tug toward the unit similar to rising quickly in an elevator and it continues to rise based on the power setting the unit is working under. At 100% power, the constant pull of gravity can be as high as 2 Gs or more depending on how close you are to the unit. There are no serious side effects but I try to avoid eating before a flight. No bright flash of light is seen. Outside, the vehicle appears to accelerate as the light is bent around it. We have to wear sunglasses or close our eyes as this happens due to a short burst of ultraviolet radiation. Personally I think it looks like your driving under a rainbow. After that, it appears to fade to black and remains totally black until the unit is turned off. We are advised to keep the windows closed as a great deal of heat builds up outside the car. The gravity field also traps a small air pocket around the car that acts as your only O2 supply unless you bring compressed air with you. This pocket will only last for a short period and a carbon sensor tells us when it's too dangerous. The C204 unit is accurate from 50 to 60 years a jump and travels at about 10 years an hour at 100% power. You do hear a slight hum as the unit operates and when the power changes or the unit turns off. There is a great deal of electrical crackling noise from static electricity. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about the future) 4 Pamela: 1. what are some of your memories of 2036? Timetravel_0: I remember 2036 very clearly. It is difficult to describe 2036 in detail without spending a great deal of time explaining why things are so different. In 2036, I live in central Florida with my family and I'm currently stationed at an Army base in Tampa . A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people. The people that survived grew closer together. Life is centered around the family and then the community. I can not imagine living even a few hundred miles away from my parents. There is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally. People spend much more time reading and talking together face to face. Religion is taken seriously and everyone can multiple and divide in the heads. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 5 Pamela: 3.what would happen if you would meet yourself on another world line? Timetravel_0: It has always surprised me why that concept is so hard for people to imagine and accept. Nothing would happen. The universe would not end and there are no paradox problems that threaten existence. Temporal space-time is made up of every possible quantum state. The Everett Wheeler model is correct. I have met and/or seen myself twice on different world lines. The first was a training mission and the second is now. I was born in 1998 so the other "me" is 2 on this world line. There is a saying where I come from....Every possible thing that can happen or will happen has already happened somewhere. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 6 Pamela: 4.How is this world line different from your own? Timetravel_0: For starters....the fact that I'm here makes it different. I've also noticed little things like news events that happen at different times, football games won by other teams...things like that. I would guess the temporal divergence between this world line and my original is about 1 or 2 percent. Of course, the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 7 Pamela: 6.Are you having normal dreams right now? any out of body experiences? drawing you to different times? Do you dream you wake up in other places and other times? TimeTravel_0: No strange dreams or other experiences. Everything is pretty much the way I expected it. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 8 Pamela: 7.are you able to control where you go or is it random? Timetravel_0: Yes, it can be controlled. However, the distortion unit has operational limits. Imagine your path through time is through a cone. The farther away from the center of the cone, the more differences you will see in the world line. The C204 begins to "break away" at about 60 years. This means the level of confidence drops rapidly after 60 years of travel and the world line divergence increases. In other words, if I wanted to go back 2000 years and meet Christ, there is a better than average chance I would end up on a world line where he was never born. The computer units and gravity sensors "record" your trip and you are quite easily able to return to your point of origin. I am aware that research is being done on faster units with more accurate clocks. I imagine that they will be able to go back farther with a higher degree of divergence confidence. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 9 Pamela: 8. are you feeling drawn back to your own time or are you stable in this world? Timetravel_0: I'm not sure what you mean by stable. If you mean mentally...there are many things that bother me here but being with my parents right now is important to me. Physically, the only thing really wrong is the number of colds I get. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 10 Pamela: 9.Are you able to go back to your own world line? Timetravel_0: Yes. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 11 Pamela: 10.how are you protecting yourself from radiation? it alters DNA if you dont. Timetravel_0: I'm not sure what radiation you mean. If you mean from the unit, you can see it vents X-rays and Gamma radiation out of the rear. As long as you stay away from that, you should be okay. I keep a radiation detector with me to check my environment and make sure the unit isn't "leaking". 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 12 Pamela: 11.How long would you say that ultraviolet radiation lasts? about 10 seconds? and when you are in that light can you see anything around you or does the light kind of "fill up" everything and that is all you can see at the time? Timetravel_0: The light bending only lasts a second. Its like driving under a tunnel and being in total black. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 13 Pamela: 12.Do your people know where you are right now? Can you communicate with them? do you have a biological implant? Timetravel_0: No. They do not know where I am and I can not communicate with them. Interesting idea though. From their point of view, I will return almost exactly at the same moment I left. From their viewpoint, I will only have aged more than expected. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 14 Pamela: 13. after the flash of light is gone are you then in another time? what does it look like as the new time unfolds? Is it just there? or does it slowly come into view? does it fade in and out for a time? Timetravel_0: While the machine is on. Everything is black. When the machine is turned off, it is the reverse affect. It appears you are driving out from a bridge. To tell you the truth, I'm usually sleeping when the unit turns off but yes...it does appear that the world fades in from black. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 15 Pamela: 14. what happens if the device messes up? Do you end up in space? if it goes offline and shifts ? does a hole open elsewhere? Timetravel_0: Good question!!! That one almost never comes up. The hard part of traveling through time is not the bending of gravity but the plotting of your course and holding to the basic "position" in your environment. This is done through a system called VGL (variable gravity lock). Basically, the unit takes a reading of the local gravity and samples it during the "trip" in pulses. If the gravity is too far off, the unit stops or reverses itself to the last sample period where the readings were correct. If there is some sort of failure, the unit shuts down and drops out to where ever you may be. 05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 16 Pamela: 15. what affects are caused on the immediate area where the gravity has been distorted after you leave it and when you arrive? are there permanent effects left on the land such as electromagnetic disturbances in that area? Timetravel_0: Another good question!!! The only real physical trace is a large chunk of ground missing from the point of origin and a large pile of dirt at the destination. The gravity field surrounds a small portion of the earth under you and takes it along for the ride. There is really no way around this. 06 November 2000 09:04 (about time travel) 17 Yes, you can travel forward in time. No, you do not need an �invite� from the future. 06 November 2000 09:04 (about time travel) 18 You do not rewrite history. I can only affect what happens here just as easily as you can 06 November 2000 09:08 (about the future) 19 No, the ice caps are not melting any faster than they are now. There is also far less smog and industrial waste in 2036. 06 November 2000 16:43 (about the future) 20 You asked about the North Polar ice pack. I never said the environment wasn't a problem. Doesn't water expand when it freezes? If the polar ice cap melted, wouldn't sea level go down? I don't know if there's enough ice for this to make a difference and I'm not an expert on global warming. 06 November 2000 16:43 (about time travel) 21 Getting back to my �proper� universe is tricky but possible. Yes, another jump would take me to a different family. 06 November 2000 16:43 (about time travel) 22 Cement block�good question. The hard part of traveling to other world lines is just that. There is a system of clocks and gravity sensors that sample the environment before dropping out. Its called VGL, (variable gravity lock). If a cement block were there, the machine would �backtrack� until it sensed relative congruity to the original gravity sample. A great deal of time and effort goes into picking just the right spot since you can not physically move during a displacement. 06 November 2000 22:13 (about time travel) 23 Pamela: 1. can you explain to me in detail the basic physics and mathematics behind how the machine operates? and exactly how it distorts gravity. Timetravel_0: 1) Time travel is achieved by altering gravity. This concept is already proven by atomic clock experiments. The closer an observer is to a gravity source (high mass), the slower time passes for them. Traveling at high speeds mimics this effect which = the twin paradox of faster than light travel. However, this type of gravity manipulation is not sufficient to alter your world line. The basic math to alter world lines exists right now. Tipler first described a working "time machine" through his theory of massive rotating spheres. I apologize for the web site but it was the only one I could find quickly. www.geocities.com... Certain types of black holes also exhibit the "time travel" abilities of Tipler cylinders. Kerr was one of the first to describe the dual event horizons of a rotating black hole. As with Tipler's cylinders, it was possible to travel on a "time-like" trip through a Kerr black hole and end up in a different world line without being squished by the gravity of the singularity. www.physics.fsu.edu... qso.lanl.gov... www.leonllo.freeservers.com... www.astro.ku.dk... (deleted)....................................................... The mass and gravitational field of a microsingularity can then be manipulated by "injecting" electrons onto its surface. By rotating two electric microsigularities at high speed, it is possible to create and modify a local gravity sinusoid that replicates the affects of a Kerr black hole. For those asking how come a microsingularity doesn't swallow the Earth or want to know details about the size, stability, mass, temperature and resulting Hawking radiation from such a thing.. those details I must keep to myself. 06 November 2000 22:13 (about time travel) 24 Pamela: 2. can you travel to the future as well as the past? my understanding of the machine is the trip is recorded so you can get back to your original time line but what about a future beyond your time line are you able to access it as well? or does it have to be open by a future chrononaunt? Timetravel_0: Yes, you can travel into the future and it takes less energy than going into the past. 06 November 2000 22:13 (about time travel) 25 Pamela: 3.I dont see the computer in the device. is it the hand held device on the side of the larger device? If so what kind of power supply does the computer work off of is it the battery as well or some type of crystal? Timetravel_0: The computer system is connected to the unit through an electrical bus. There are actually three computers linked together that take the same signals from the gravity sensors and clocks. They use a Borda error correcting protocol that checks the integrity of the data and trips the VGL system. 06 November 2000 22:13 (about time travel) 26 Pamela:4.Is your DNA remaining stable in this world or does it shift? does time traveling affect your body or aura or spirit in any way you know of? timetravel_o: 4) I am not aware of any physical change to my DNA or "aura". I do however seem to be more susceptible to colds. 06 November 2000 22:13 (about time travel) 27 Pamela: 5. when you go back to the future will we remember you? Time travel_0: Yes, you will remember me if you want to. World lines do not change that way and I will only become a insignificant part of your history. 07 November 2000 17:18 (about time travel) 28 I would equate the "future" GM distortion units to their current jet engines. The first one worked great but they can always make it better. The C204 unit uses 4 cesium clocks. The C206 uses 6 cesium clocks but they use an optical system to check the oscillation frequency. This makes the world line divergance confidence much higher.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Greetings,

Time travel is certainly a fascinating topic to consider.

I have come up with a cogent argument as to why it has yet to happen�

The most technically advanced group of people in our solar system, possibly our galaxy, are the same ones that use many of us as laboratory animals, what many ufologists and governmental insiders say originate from the Zeta 2 Reticuli System, i.e., the Zetans.

It is well-known that there was a very big UFO flap over US military installations that occurred right after the "first" atomic bombs were dropped on Japan near the end of the Second World War. Many have surmised that the Zetans were and are very much concerned about our nuclear weapons programs and would prefer that we didn't have one in the first place � hence the flap. Additionally, numerous abductees have been told by their captors that they are against the development of atomic weapons on this planet.

If it is true that the Zetans are hundreds, if not thousands of years ahead of us in physically based technology, then we can also assume that if anyone has time travel capability in our system, then it would be the Zetans that would develop it first.

This in turn leads us to a key question:

If the Zetans do or did indeed have time travel capability, and we know that they are opposed to our nuclear weapons programs: then why didn�t they stop the Manhattan Project (which developed the atomic bomb) and halted all nuclear weapons programs worldwide via time travel technologies?

Using the "Prime Directive of Non-Interference" argument as a defense doesn't wash since they have directly interfered in the lives of millions of people through ongoing abduction abuse that has been happening for many thousands of years.

The logical conclusion for them not stopping the Manhattan Project through time travel is simply because they don't have the technology to do it!

If the Zetans, who are arguably thousands of years ahead of us NOW don't have time travel capability, then logic dictates that no one from our not-too-distant future has time travel capability either, at least in the conventional meaning (which means with physical machinery).

I therefore conclude that the whole John Titor scenario is a well-orchestrated deception.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Time travel has not 'yet to occur'. Time travel technology has been in the hands of the United States government since around the mid 20th century.

However, John Titor is clearly a government disinformer. Do not listen to him.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Greetings,

If the Zetans do or did indeed have time travel capability, and we know that they are opposed to our nuclear weapons programs: then why didn�t they stop the Manhattan Project (which developed the atomic bomb) and halted all nuclear weapons programs worldwide via time travel technologies?

The Zeta Reticuli I and II actually do have time travel technology. I do not know where you get your information, but it is incorrect. The Zeta Reticuli, Draco, Lyraens, Pleiadeains, and even Earth governments have time travel technology. It goes hand in hand with hyperspace technology. In fact, the United States government changed the outcome of World War II using time travel technology.

The beings from Sirius A are so advanced that they are capable of manipulating timelines directly rather than merely using time travel technology to physically alter events.

Time travel is pretty simple--but changing the past is very difficult without making a scene. It is not as dangerous as many people think. There are also many factors preventing one from making extremely drastic changes to the past. If they succeed at doing so, all that will happen is that an alternate timeline will be created in which the past is altered, while the original timeline remains intact.

This is a sort of natural defence mechanism against extreme past-manipulation.

(In fact, there is a timeline in which the Nazis won WWII. The ironic thing is that the same people control the world in that timeline as in this one--the Illuminati, who were really behind the American and Nazi governments all along.)

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Daelume]

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Daelume]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I strongly doubt that the US government has time travel technology. Why? Because the Zetans would have it first. Since the Zetans don't have it, the US government doesn't have it either.

The Zeta Reticuli I and II actually do have time travel technology.

If that be the case, then they would have stopped all atomic weapons programs on this planet.

Present to us an argument to back up your case. All we are getting from you are declarations without any anecdotal evidence or logical extrapolation. You are coming across not as a debater, but as a propagandist. Give us a cogent argument to back up your claims!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I had never paid this person any mind. I read the first couple of pages, he went through alot for a hoaks. There has been people here that has put some hoakes(I wont mention names). What do you get out of it, And if you are only going to be at the game for a minute, why bother?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
SpittinCobra,

It appears that you are absolutely correct. There are a number of people in this forum that are spreading propagandist ideology about space-aliens. I noticed this morning that this particular person is having credibility problems in a number of threads.

Thanks for your input...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oh great...another website dedicated to John Titor, and even a bright yellow link on the top of the page...this guy fooled so many simple minds on the internet, and now he is getting exactly what he wanted: attention, and more stupid people to believe what he said. I think "John Titor" has been quite thoroughly debunked by now, and the hoaxer is just getting more fame by having his lies copy and pasted on different sites all over the internet...I guess this is just one more to add fuel to the fire, but most here can hopefully "deny ignorance" and not bother giving "John Titor" a second thought.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Shotek,

I've debated against this deception in the FTTOUFO forum, with mixed results.

Perhaps with enough people complaining about it, the administrators of this forum will pull their yellow link and various threads about it.

This is a learning experience to many.

It's refreshing to find people like you that see through this hoax.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek I think "John Titor" has been quite thoroughly debunked by now,
And what better reason for the most complete archive of Titor information available to be on the website who's motto is "deny ignorance"? Why not use our Google power to draw people this way who have heard of Titor and help them learn the reality? There are dozens of sites with bits and pieces of this information, they choose the best parts to claim Titor was indeed a time traveler. Well, we believe we have it all, and the entire collection paints a new picture. Perhaps here is your chance for a new official ATS research project... document the errors and contradictions in the Titor material, and I'll put your findings as part of the main site archive. Titor will always be among the most infamous Internet hoaxers, and among the most well-known conspiracy-related Internet topics. Given our motto of "deny ignorance" should we ignore this phenomenon or embrace it and show the world its flaws? (and the link at the top is to help Google find our Titor material, once Google indexes it all, the tab will be removed)

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And I just deleted the only other copy that was getting the big hits...

hehehe...ATS must get bigger server...uggh.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

If that be the case, then they would have stopped all atomic weapons programs on this planet.

Present to us an argument to back up your case. All we are getting from you are declarations without any anecdotal evidence or logical extrapolation. You are coming across not as a debater, but as a propagandist. Give us a cogent argument to back up your claims!

Wow. I'm the propogandist? You're the one stating that the Zetas would have 'stopped atomic weapons programmes'. That is absolutely ridiculous!

You think that the Reticulans give a damn if we have nuclear weapons?

They probably encourage it!

Do you actually believe this drivel that the greys are our 'friends'?

By God. I just don't know what to say.

Zeta Reticuli...come to...save us... lol

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think it would be good to also have a page with all of the times where "John" contradicts himself, etc....I have read a couple websites that completely rip his theories and explanations to shreds, as well as giving links to places on the internet where you can buy the device(s) used in his photographs...you do have to hand it to the guy, he is probably quite smart, and pulled a damn good hoax. But a hoax has always been shot down on ATS, and I hope the same will happen with this one...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daelume

Wow. I'm the propogandist? You're the one stating that the Zetas would have 'stopped atomic weapons programmes'. That is absolutely ridiculous!

Either of you two have any evidence or lay mans explanation as to what you are debating?

And no by evidence I dont mean "well the tree in Central park said..."

Titor was long before my time and I have to agree with Shoktek that its just giving him attention.

Frankly the only thing I want to know about this whole Titor incident is if anyone asked him if time travel is like time cop.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
so far as contradictions go...

JT never claimed to be an historian. He was a soldier (in his story) who was sent back to the 70s to retrieve a piece of computer equipment (a member of a 'temporal recon' group). Now, would you expect a contemporary day U-2 pilot to know every piece of history that has occured over the last 30 years? Would you even be able to accurately describe the 'future' to someone from 1970 in detail? Remember that JT claimed to be a soldier, and one who was on a technical mission, not a visiting scholar.

Now... the most glaring contradiction I can think of regards the start of the Civil war. He said both 2004 and 2005. Well, if we polled the members of ATs for the start of WW2 we'd get three different answers, depending on where they live (1933, 1939, or 1941).

Now, I'm not trying to say that JT is real, just that the arguments used to 'debunk' often don't actually do that.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Now, I'm not trying to say that JT is real, just that the arguments used to 'debunk' often don't actually do that.

A couple things that don't make sense that I can remember from when I read that a while back is
1) He claimed that he could never really return to his own worldline, so if this is the case, why would they have sent him in the first place?

2) The whole idea that he has to go back in time to grab some old computer so they can fix their systems or whatever it was, is completely ridiculous...there would be no reason to do this, no reason to get this one specific computer to solve their problems, and what good is it if he can't bring it back to the worldline that sent him? At least he could have made up some better story about why he was sent back...other than that it was a pretty good hoax...but search the internet and you will find lots of places that debunk what he said, as well as proof of the pictures being faked, such as the bending laser picture which is a definite fake, and various other pictures of his "time travel device" which is really a glorified piece of military surplus that you can also find for sale on the internet

d1k

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well after reading all kinds of pages on Mr. Titor how can anyone take what he said as perdictions using his own logic. If each decision makes a seperate timeline how can anyone think that we will follow the same timeline his world did, the world that had a US cival war and nuke attacks from russia in 2015.

d1k

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

1) He claimed that he could never really return to his own worldline, so if this is the case, why would they have sent him in the first place?

I think you misread, he said he could easily go back to his timeline as his hardware "maps" out the path he took back in time and it retraces that map back to his time.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
I think you misread, he said he could easily go back to his timeline as his hardware "maps" out the path he took back in time and it retraces that map back to his time.

I definitely read him say where he could never get back to his "exact worldline" but he could get close to it.

Edit: Now I just read where he said he could get back to his own worldline, but I know I didn't read that when I originally saw the John Titor archive...I will try to find a link.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

What type of money system do you have on your world line?

Its not very different than it is now. Yes, we have money and credit cards.
However, like everything else, the monetary system is decentralized. Banking
is based mostly around the community structure. There are no multinational
banking or computerized economic systems. There are also no income taxes.

-------------
Then he goes on to say:
-------------

Is there an IRS?

Yes, we pay taxes. Sounds like you don't enjoy keeping track of your
personal income taxes. I don't think anyone does.

This is a very blatant contradiction...I don't think he would just mix up the fact that they have to pay income taxes...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join