It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists say they have found a Higgs boson (God Particle)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

"When ignorance reigns life is lost." -your signature

this is huge for mankind, we already knew there was more to this physical plane than meets the eye, now we have a bit of confirmation. don't be ignorant

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by homeskillet

I don't know about you but I paid for the "luxury" (luxury is the new necessity) of being able to use a computer. No scientists were involved in the construction of my PC, the tech required to make them is failry ubiquitous these days. In fact, millions of these technological marvels get shipped to homes and businesses every year and absolutely no scientists are involved.

I've seen some ignorant statements on ats. But this has to be the single most ignorant paragraph I have ever read in my life. No scientists are involved in the construction of your pc? The reason the tech is ubiquitous as you put it, is because science made it that way. Absolutely no science involved? I feel bad for you. This kind of ignorance had to be bad for ones health.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
LightSpeedDriver's great, great, great grandson..

"No scientists were involved in the construction of my cross country teleporter or perpetual home power generator, the tech required to make them is failry ubiquitous these days. In fact, millions of these technological marvels get shipped to homes and businesses every year and absolutely no scientists are involved."

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

No one gets the Nobel prize on premature, unverifiable data. I highly doubt this person will put himself out there for the novel prize on an assumption. Physicists typically like to use the scientific method before publishing.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
LightSpeedDriver's great, great, great grandson..

"No scientists were involved in the construction of my cross country teleporter or perpetual home power generator, the tech required to make them is failry ubiquitous these days. In fact, millions of these technological marvels get shipped to homes and businesses every year and absolutely no scientists are involved."

Thank you for turning my outrage and Shock into laughter. Aways the best medicine.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I highly doubt this person will put himself out there for the novel prize on an assumption.

Agreed... He's trying to get advanced seating for when that bus arrives.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Like I said, no scientists were involved in the construction of my PC. That science discovered materials and ways to construct them into what we know today as a PC, extracted patent fees and such like is another matter but does not change the fact that no scientist had his hands on my PC at any time in its construction/fabrication process.

If you want to split hairs, bring a smaller axe but to be honest, I have other wood to chop. No offence and have a nice day and all that....

The bigger picture, a grander scheme of things...soon you'll be wanting me to perform a full kow-tow just to show my appreciation of science. Well, guess what, it ain't gonna happen. Science has more to answer for than it has to be proud about. Now, where are those luminous green pigs....
edit on 14/3/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo/grammar

edit on 14/3/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo, and does America spell axe differently than Brits?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't know about you but I paid for the "luxury" (luxury is the new necessity) of being able to use a computer. No scientists were involved in the construction of my PC, the tech required to make them is failry ubiquitous these days. In fact, millions of these technological marvels get shipped to homes and businesses every year and absolutely no scientists are involved.

Man you're clueless. Do you think this technology was made by a craftsman in his garage? The science that came from physics allows for a large part of your "luxury". Yes, the fruits of science are ubiquitous. And dont back peddle to the OPs comments saying you did t mean all science.

You're views are so ironic I can't believe you're not trolling.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

He probably thinks bananas just magically grow on the produce rack too.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

Define huge and it's impact on mankind please. I really would love to know what you know and how our (mankind, not some corporation's bottom line!) lives will all be improved by this so-called Discovery. I say so-called as I have yet to see any evidence of anything except speculation.

I am a RATM fan, got a problem? Ignorance is bliss but not many of you are educating me. Speculation, hopeful wishes, suspect data (you remember the sensor problem from last year?), yada yada yada. But have fun congratulating and agreeing with yourselves

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The only one splitting hairs is you. Because a scientists himself didn't put your specific computer together part for part somehow allows you to dismiss sciences role in it is baffling. You either don't understand that it was science that invented the darn thing that you're using, or you're just ignoring it. Either way ignorance must be boys when you're busy coping wood I guess.

Stupid science, inventing the wheel and such. What a waste right?
edit on 14-3-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You find it hard to accept opinions other than yours but that's not a crime and is your own free decision. That in itself does not suddenly change truth to fiction. But if you would care to show me when a scientist had his hand on my PC I'll be happy to listen.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy the mutual back-patting in this thread. Soon we will know the secrets of the universe...right? Monkey see, monkey do.

My views are ironic, well, at least they carry weight then.
Ironic is surely containing iron...?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Baddguy

I am a RATM fan, got a problem? Ignorance is bliss but not many of you are educating me.

You can lead a horse to water......

Oh and ps.. .Just how would you be listening to RATM without that pesky science thing , hmm?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

With your logic thus far, I wouldn't be surprised you believe that last statement.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Looks like you have some reading to do.
Link

edit on 3/14/2013 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You find it hard to accept opinions other than yours but that's not a crime and is your own free decision. That in itself does not suddenly change truth to fiction. But if you would care to show me when a scientist had his hand on my PC I'll be happy to listen.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy the mutual back-patting in this thread. Soon we will know the secrets of the universe...right? Monkey see, monkey do.

When a scientist has his hand in your pc? Ok simple, let's see if you can follow this.... The schematics? The design? The improvements? The creation?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Got a surprise for ya homeskiller, in 20 years there will be no more bananas. Ya know why? Science killed off the bananas.

Banana death
edit on 14/3/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Corrected

edit on 14/3/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Corected username

edit on 14/3/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Engineers built the first PC's, scientists made the chips, but not the content of the chips.

Banana death

Because engineers arent scientists?

Is your view of science only those in a lab coat looking at test tubes and beakers all day? You have to be trolling at this point, and I hardly ever throw that out because I understand how ridiculous it is to call everyone who doesn't agree with them a troll. But this is getting beyond intelligent discourse.

Seems like you are just disagreeing and grasping at flawed arguments just for the sake of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ok. You're obviously a troll.

Sorry OP, lets get back to talking about "opinions" that somehow have actual real world tangible effects on our magical talking boxes.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Whoa...this thread got derailed pretty quick...

I have a question about the actual OP? Is that cool?

What happens next? What is the next stage after confirming the confirmation
of the 'God Particle'?

edit on 14/3/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join