It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shape-Shifting Jesus Described in Ancient Egyptian Text

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The New Testament was NOT written by one man, a creative writer who is fully capable of EMBELLISHING events in order to make it more interesting and appealing to others, often turning them into myths, such as the greek Homer or scholar Aristotle.

The New Testament was written by witness accounts, such as the disciples of our Messiah. They were not scholars or writers. They were only simple ordinary laymen - fishermen, farmers, traders, who strove to write what they saw, as they knew it.

This was the reason why they were chosen by our Messiah, so that future generations can cross reference their works, which is simply and honestly written as they were witnessed, in different perspectives but of the same events that happened during their life with him and his ministry.

There are some who refused to believe the miracles witnessed not only by the disciples, but by many who followed our Messiah seeking for his help and enlightenment, and it was they whom formed the collective to help the disciples later to reach out and preach to even more humans.

For example, there were many back then whom will not believe that our Messiah in his mortal form was born by a virgin, even right up till the 19th century. There was no science to back it up back then, but there was enough of the masses to have 'faith' that our Messiah came from divine birth, to start off the gospel.

Today, invitrol fertilization is no longer unknown, and unmarried couples today can have children even if they did not engage in sexual intercourse. An injection into a fertile woman is all it takes for a human shell to be created.

My point is - in the absence of science, faith was required. If 2000 years ago, the jews knew of IVF, they would not have been so unbelieving and sought to kill our Messiah at any and every opportunity, even before he was born as Herod tried to do, resulting in him having to resort to being physically anonymous during his ministry mission to humanity.

Some say, why not have divine teachings of science back then? The problem is - one cannot teach a child calculas or quantum mechanics if that child do not have the basics and the application experiences to comprehend any of it.

Teachings need to be progressive, laying foundation after foundation to better knowledge. It is the only way, for without foundations, our knowledge will only crumble or worse, tech advancement exceeds our social comprehensions to handle and control them well for societies.

Thus, our divine teacher was endowed with special powers, as witnessed by humans during his time, and nothing 'magical ' about them. It is only we mankind have yet to reach comprehensions of such powers.

Walking on water requires faith. How deep is our beliefs? The reality is that if we flawed mankind step out of the boat into the water, we sink immediately, because we are weighted down by our lack of knowledge and the cares and woes of our lives that are like a stone tied around our waist, to have that faith.

Is shape shifting possible? We today know our bodies are made up of dna that controls our physical make-up. We are already attempting dna reconstructions or using its codes to create body parts as replacement on our bodies. It proves that dna can be altered to suit one's purpose. The evolutionary next step is to alter the dna from our minds directly, without labworks.

It is not farfetch. Never under-estimate the intelligence of humans to build upon known knowledge to progress. The only worry is the over-estimation of our ability to control such intelligence, for if we do it morally and ethically wrong, there will be adverse consequences to society and world.

Thus, the need for guidelines and rule of law, and it had been our Messiah's teachings that had lighted the path of our progress and evolution over the past centuries, incorporated into secular national constitutions around the world. We are flawed and not perfect, there had been ups and downs in our civilisation, but if we keep at it, acknowledging our errors in order to progress, Utopia is within reach one day.
edit on 14-3-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

so he turned into a spirit of sorts
reply to post by syrinx high priest

That would be the medieval viewpoint, complete cosmic and quantum physical ignorance abound.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If there was a Jesus, then he was an alien. The definition of that is open to interpretation but an alien nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I usually don't post, but I have to, the theory of shape shifting isn't it modern? this bible got to be a hoax. It would explain a lot about why his blood was green, the man was an extraterrestrial we humans been worshipping aliens since the beginning

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

this isn't exactly new or breaking news by any means.. the gnostic gospels talk extensively of how jesus taught his disciples to "transform" beyond the physical plane. It is why it is said he was among them for so long after the resurection. It is known that the disciples did some kind of meditation to meet jesus in higher realms/planes of existence and why the gnostic gospels are looked upon as pagan hodge podge because it puts the resurrection of the physical body in doubt.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There is an Ode of Solomon that might be appropriate to share. Ode 7.

As is the course of anger over wickedness, so is the course of joy over the Beloved; and brings in of its fruits unhindered.
My joy is the Lord and my course is towards Him, this path of mine is beautiful.
For there is a Helper for me, the Lord. He has generously shown Himself to me in His simplicity, because His kindness has diminished His dreadfulness.
He became like me, that I might receive Him. In form He was considered like me, that I might put Him on.
And I trembled not when I saw Him, because He was gracious to me.
Like my nature He became, that I might understand Him. And like my form, that I might not turn away from Him.
The Father of knowledge is the Word of knowledge.
He who created wisdom is wiser than His works.
And He who created me when yet I was not knew what I would do when I came into being.
On account of this He was gracious to me in His abundant grace, and allowed me to ask from Him and to benefit from His sacrifice.
For He it is who is incorrupt, the perfection of the worlds and their Father.
He has allowed Him to appear to them that are His own; in order that they may recognize Him that made them, and not suppose that they came of themselves.
For towards knowledge He has set His way, he has widened it and lengthened it and brought it to complete perfection.
And has set over it the traces of His light, and it proceeded from the beginning until the end.
For by Him He was served, and He was pleased by the Son.
And because of his salvation He will possess everything. And the Most High will be known by His holy ones:
To announce to those who have songs of the coming of the Lord, that they may go forth to meet Him and may sing to Him, with joy and with the harp of many tones.
The Seers shall go before Him, and they shall be seen before Him.
And they shall praise the Lord in His love, because He is near and does see.
And hatred shall be removed from the earth, and with jealousy it shall be drowned.
For ignorance was destroyed upon it, because the knowledge of the Lord arrived upon it.
Let the singers sing the grace of the Lord Most High, and let them bring their songs.
And let their heart be like the day, and their gentle voices like the majestic beauty of the Lord.
And let there not be anyone who breathes that is without knowledge or voice.
For He gave a mouth to His creation: to open the voice of the mouth towards Him, and to praise Him.
Confess His power and declare His grace.
Hallelujah.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You quote Luke 24,,, titled in most all Bibles , "the Resurection of Jesus", so to prove I'm wrong about it happening after Jesus' Resurection, you quote another passage from after Jesus' Resurection. Shut the # up !!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
As a pagan I find a bit of humor in this...

Christians claim that their god has multiple personalities
father, son, holy ghost

Christians believe their god is all knowing, all powerful, and all present
yet the idea of him changing shape, phasing, or turning invisible is a plot

Jesus's super powers

Zombie creation
Matter Replication
Transfiguration
Healing
Psychic foresight

non-canon
Death strike
Kill with words
Strike and die
Size changing
Create life
was a star pre-birth

I am a little loss here...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

I don't think the Muslims have anything to do with that. They are/were much more orthodoxal in their beliefs.

It is time the hidden Gospels to be revealed. This is not the only secret texts about Jesus' life. This is the first one that speaks of his supernatural possibilities of His own body even before the Resurrection, i.e. to become invisible and probably to walk thru walls as he did after the Resurrection. Why not to change face, if the modern TV and film industry can do miracles with someone's face to look younger or older, even male-female, as we've seen in Dustin Hoffman's movies? Moreover, in some newer apparitions, Jesus chooses what form to take - as a baby, as a boy, or as 33 years old. We would be very narrow minded if we want to restrict the Divinity of Jesus within our own frames. Perhaps exactly that was done by the first "church fathers" who approved only the minimum selected books, not to "frighten" the "unprepared, illiterate" flock. Perhaps they never believed there will come times when everyone could read, and find those deeply hidden and even persecuted texts. Thanks God someone has preserved them at that time!
Do you realize what is inside our printed Bibles does not date back to the Apostles, and has never written /composed the way we have it? It dates CENTURIES later. WHy Mark, Matthew and Luke are almost identical for a good portion of them?
What more is inside the Dead Sea scrolls never published so far?
edit on 16-3-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There's nothing amazing about this.

Anyone who knows spiritual cultivation knows superpowers are real.

Socrates also had superpowers, as described in several of the accounts of his deeds.

Buddhist monks have superpowers, Taoists, Yogis, Christian saints have superpowers.

Jesus being ruddy is an expression of kundalini, being red is the fire element prevailing at a certain time, being white is the effect of meditative concentration on virtue, while being the color of wheat comes from concentrating on the earth element.

Being able to fully shift your shape is a degree of control over the transformation body, the Nirmanakaya, known in Christianity as the Holy Spirit.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It sounds reasonable to me i mean if he could raise himself from the dead there`s no reason why he shouldn`t be able to shape shift and become invisible.
if you can believe that he walked on water than you should have no problem believing that he could shape shift and become invisible, is one more unbelievable than the other?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

the title of this thread is "Shape-Shifting Jesus Described in Ancient Egyptian Text", it doesn't say any thing about when. and even if it did see this verse below.

Hebrews 13:8
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

the first verse i quoted , was to show that the bible said it before the egytian text did.

then the verses i quoted to you, showed that he did alter their perception of him.

the key verse in the passage being the one below.

Luke 24: 31 New American Standard Bible (NASB) 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized Him;

here just so you know what shape shape shifting means.

from this link:
www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of SHAPE-SHIFTING : a change of physical form brought about by or as if by supernatural means

once again i showed that he altered his appearance.
so your the one who should shut up.
edit on 16-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
See??????? This really proves there was a RAPTOR JESUS!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I didn't read through all the posts....but there is a reference in Luke after Jesus's resurrection that lends some vague credence to the idea that Jesus could disguise his appearance:

The Appearance on the Road to Emmaus.*

13 Now that very day two of them were going to a village seven miles* from Jerusalem called Emmaus

14 and they were conversing about all the things that had occurred.

15 And it happened that while they were conversing and debating, Jesus himself drew near and walked with them,

16 but their eyes were prevented from recognizing him.

17 He asked them, “What are you discussing as you walk along?” They stopped, looking downcast.

18 One of them, named Cleopas, said to him in reply, “Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem who does not know of the things that have taken place there in these days?”

19 And he replied to them, “What sort of things?” They said to him, “The things that happened to Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people,

20 how our chief priests and rulers both handed him over to a sentence of death and crucified him.

21 But we were hoping that he would be the one to redeem Israel; and besides all this, it is now the third day since this took place.

22 Some women from our group, however, have astounded us: they were at the tomb early in the morning

23 and did not find his body; they came back and reported that they had indeed seen a vision of angels who announced that he was alive.

24 Then some of those with us went to the tomb and found things just as the women had described, but him they did not see.”

25 And he said to them, “Oh, how foolish you are! How slow of heart to believe all that the prophets spoke!

26 Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer* these things and enter into his glory?”

27 Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them what referred to him in all the scriptures.p

28 As they approached the village to which they were going, he gave the impression that he was going on farther.

29 But they urged him, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening and the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.

30 And it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.

31 With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

While reading the OP, this same story came to mind..

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I find it totally plausible that a spiritually powerful psychic like Jesus would have been capable of directly affecting the minds of those he encountered.

Wolf Messing was one such gifted psychic. Who, during the war years, escaped to Russia from the Nazis utilising, allegedly, the ability to alter the perceptions and control the actions of others through some form of mental projection. His story is fascinating and compelling.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
In order to understand properly the so-called 'shape-shifting' ability of Jesus, one needs to become acquainted with the term "Mâyâvi Rûpa." According to the Theosophists Annie Besant and C.W. Leadbeater:

"A higher form of subtle body, belonging to Manas, is that known as the Mâyâvi Rûpa, or “body of illusion”. The Mâyâvi Rûpa is a subtle body formed by the consciously directed will of the Adept or disciple; it may, or may not, resemble the physical body, the form given [Page 50] to it being suitable to the purpose for which it is projected. In this body the full consciousness dwells, for it is merely the mental body rearranged. The Adept or disciple can thus travel at will, without the burden of the physical body, in the full exercise of every faculty, in perfect self-consciousness. He makes the Mâyâvi Rûpa visible of invisible at will – on the physical plane – and the phrase often used by chelâs and others as to seeing an Adept “in his astral”, means that he was visited by them in his Mâyâvi Rûpa. If he so chose, he can make it, indistinguishable from a physical body, warm and firm to the touch as well as visible, able to carry on a conversation, at all points like a physical human being. But the power thus to form the true Mâyâvi Rûpa is confined to Adepts and chelâs; it cannot be done by the untrained student, however psychic he may naturally be, for it is a manasic and not a psychic creation, and it is only under the instruction of his Guru that the chelâ learns to form and use the “body of illusion”."
(see here)

What Jesus was reported in several passages of the Gospels as doing after his death is a paranormal ability readily recognised by students of Indian yoga familiar with the lives of great yogis. Its demonstration by Jesus is not unique to Christianity. He appeared after his death in a mayavi-rupa, a temporary, materialised body that can be made to assume any appearance. That is why it is called a "body of illusion." That is why on several occasions the disciples did not at first recognise the dead Jesus. Christians have made a big deal of this so-called "resurrection" as though it proves his divinity. Instead, the body in which Jesus appeared to his disciples was a special, temporary body created by the power of what in yoga is called kriyashakti. It was NOT the same as the body of Jesus which died on the cross. That is why he warned one of his disciples from touching him - it was not stable but temporary, specially generated so that his disciples could see him. Christians may ask what happened to his former body if it did not miraculously become animated again. There are a number of possibilities, none of which can be proved. So either one can persist in regarding the events reported in the Gospels about Jesus appearing to his disciples as unique or one can accept that this phenomenon was similar to what has been known to students of yoga for thousands of years and demonstrated in the lives of great saints and yogis.
edit on 7-3-2014 by micpsi because: Typo corrected.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join