It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shape-Shifting Jesus Described in Ancient Egyptian Text

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Sounds like some of the fairytales muslims ascribe to. Like one of Christ's brothers being glamored by an angel to look like him, while Jesus did the dishonorable cowardly thing and allowed another to die in his place. Oh wait this is Islam we're talking about so yeah, their Jesus probably would do that
edit on 13-3-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
everyone has these powers within them.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

thank you. that is basically what I am trying to say.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Cool. The NT of the Bible is fairly accurate in my opinion, simply considering the sheer number of people involved in many of the occurrences within. Unfortunately though, the NT also leaves many, many gaps in the story. The authors failed to go into detail regarding certain issues, which would make sense considering they may not have been with, or interviewed anyone who had been with, Jesus at a specific time. All evidence points to the fact that Jesus was a real individual, and that he performed miraculous feats.

If you believe the things that Jesus supposedly said, then this should not come as that bit of a shock. Jesus said that anyone could perform the miracles that he was performing, and even greater ones, as long as they actually wholeheartedly believed in what he was teaching. And he also had a transfiguration event, written about in the Bible, which is not much different from what supposedly happened here. I would really like to know who was present that told about or wrote about this particular event, and how it reached the ears of the author of this Egyptian text. The source was probably Roman, of course.

The idea that Jesus ate with this man just sounds like something that could be true as well. At this point Jesus had done nothing wrong according to Roman law, and I think it was even slightly obvious from Biblical writings that Pilate had some type of respect for Jesus and his abilities, works, and message. Off the top of my head I cannot come up with a reason for this supposed event, so I cannot say what it would mean if it is actually true, but I believe that it could be true, because as I said, the act was within this man's abilities.

ETA: I was just thinking about how the Bible always seems to nonchalanty describe such great events, just as this text has. The translation into English sounds like something that would have been in the Bible, which may support that it was written in a similar literary style, but I cannot be certain of that.
edit on 3/14/13 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

well i have to diagree with you on that.
here from the same chapter.

Luke 24:30-33
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
30 When He had reclined at the table with them, He took the bread and blessed it, and breaking it, He began giving it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized Him; and He vanished from [a]their sight. 32 They said to one another, “Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was explaining the Scriptures to us?” 33 And they got up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found gathered together the eleven and those who were with them,

it is plain to see that he was altering their perception of himself.

edit on 14-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

while Jesus did the dishonorable cowardly thing and allowed another to die in his place.

And this is what Christians do....
Hold the dishonorable and cowardly belief that an innocent man Jesus died for their sins....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"Without further ado, Pilate prepared a table and he ate with Jesus on the fifth day of the week. And Jesus blessed Pilate and his whole house," reads part of the text in translation. Pilate later tells Jesus, "well then, behold, the night has come, rise and withdraw, and when the morning comes and they accuse me because of you, I shall give them the only son I have so that they can kill him in your place."

Pilate and his wife both have visions that night that show an eagle (representing Jesus) being killed.

In the Coptic and Ethiopian churches, Pilate is regarded as a saint, which explains the sympathetic portrayal in the text.

www.opencheops.org...

Jesus was crucified more than once, and one of these was in Egypt . For this to be true, he must have survived the first event. How is this possible?

As the story is told, Joseph and Mary, parents of the babe Jesus, took him almost immediately into Egypt to escape the wrath of King Herod, who certainly wanted him killed. So the bible places Jesus in Egypt as an infant. He is not seen again until an appearance in Israel as a child, where he astounds the rabbis with his erudition. We do not see him again until he is 30 (or so it is written.) The lost years were spent in training at the Mystery School at Giza . The great mystery is called death, and at Giza it was possible to acquire the knowledge to defeat its awesome power.

ALL THE CHARACTERS THAT WAS AROUND AT THE TIME OF JESUS DEATH, WAS ALSO PRESENT DURING THE LIFE OF THE ONE CALLED CESAREAN....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Reality is what the bible says? Is that for real?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The Coptics are the most flabbergastingly mystic and ignorant group of "christains" next to the snake handlers.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

other possible thread title :

"oedipus complex confirmed by Freud "

etc

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
" birthcertificate described by potus "

who has a better one ? *grin*

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

The idea that Jesus ate with this man just sounds like something that could be true as well. At this point Jesus had done nothing wrong according to Roman law, and I think it was even slightly obvious from Biblical writings that Pilate had some type of respect for Jesus and his abilities, works, and message. Off the top of my head I cannot come up with a reason for this supposed event, so I cannot say what it would mean if it is actually true, but I believe that it could be true, because as I said, the act was within this man's abilities.

Sure Jesus ate with everybody but Pilate would never have offered his son in place of Jesus. To do so would have been an affront to his boss and he would have been out of a job. Lets use our heads here.

As well Jesus took his last meal with his followers. The coptics are simply full of bull crap.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Quote "Written in the Coptic language, the ancient text tells of Pontius Pilate, the judge who authorized Jesus' crucifixion, having dinner with Jesus before his crucifixion and offering to sacrifice his own son in the place of Jesus. It also explains why Judas used a kiss, specifically, to betray Jesus — because Jesus had the ability to change shape."
__________________________________________________________ unquote

As Jesus Christ went to the Garden at Gethsemane to pray, He was accompanied by some of his Apostles. He asked them to wait a distance away while He prayed. Three times He asked that this 'Cup' be taken away, and he not have to suffer those things He knew that were immediately coming (the crucifixion) He also said each time
( "never the less, thy will be done" ) as he was praying, ie. speaking to GOD.

I believe this precludes the use of this claimed shape shifting, and I further believe if Jesus Christ had need of shape shifting, by the mere virtue of being Jesus, He could have called upon anything that He desired provided it was not in concert with evil.

I will say, this 'Coptic' translation (claimed) brings *Fiction* into the actual events Christ experienced with Pontius Pilate.

You claim this story?? lets have some proof.... accurate proof. The burden of proof is on you.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This livescience.com (your link) article also said....

"The discovery of the text doesn't mean these events happened, but rather that some people living at the time appear to have believed in them, said Roelof van den Broek, of Utrecht University in the Netherlands, who published the translation in the book "Pseudo-Cyril of Jerusalem on the Life and the Passion of the Christ"

As a demonstration of peoples beliefs at any one time, perhaps you could stand in front of a supermarket and poll 100 people at random and ask if they are 'Birthers' in regard to 0bama, and if the acquisition of his birth certificate being a fraud is true or false.......
What would you expect to hear? 50/50, 60/40, 30/70....... any number would not make any such alleged event an event of fact, but instead, part of a rumor. Even possibly part of a political agenda.
Any kind of claim by anybody can be levied, but not all can have veracity.
...... a man claiming to be 'John Teeter' claimed to be a 'time traveler' ......... Do you believe every claim that at some time was in Vogue?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

today, this would be called as fan fiction; anime's got tons of them

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Wow, I'm amazed at how many people on here did not read the source or the other parts of the source, yet are going to put in assertions that it does or does not say certain things. If they would read it then they would have answered their own questions.

More amazed at how many people here think they know history but don't even know the slightest bit and use what little they know to make bold statements as though they are fact.

So funny how there are so many that do not have a clue on either topic.

BTW, nice post op, was a very interesting and good read.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

People will say anything to get into print.

Shape-shifter or not, Jesus died on the cross.
edit on 3/14/2013 by 1PLA1 because: big goof! I'm a bit dislexic.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Whats new about shape shifting. In his altered state he could go through matter yet be touched. There's nothing new here. Nothing at all.

And he was also capable of Transmogrification, a veritable superman, that any X-MEN would be jealous of!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

it basically says the same thing in the bible.

Luke 24:13-33 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Road to Emmaus
13 And behold, two of them were going that very day to a village named Emmaus, which was [a]about seven miles from Jerusalem. 14 And they were talking with each other about all these things which had taken place. 15 While they were talking and discussing, Jesus Himself approached and began traveling with them. 16 But their eyes were prevented from recognizing Him.

it doesn't say shape shifter, but that they didn't recognize him.

Very good. You might find it interesting that the Jewish historian Josephus also mentions Emmaus in Book 7, Chapter 6, Paragraph 6 of his Wars of the Jews providing its location almost exactly as Luke does (“...distant from Jerusalem threescore furlongs.”) Earlier in this chapter (paragraph 3) Josephus also mentions a “root” that “…quickly drives away those called demons…”. In paragraph 4, Josephus then tells about a man captured by “Rufus” (the “son” of Simon of Cyrene?) who escapes crucifixion in a manner somewhat like that of Jesus Barabbas. (Cleopas is thought to mean “son of a renowned father”, while Barabbas means “son of the father”.) Suppose that Josephus buried the involvement Christians in the Jewish Revolt of 66CE and the Gospel authors were aware of it and wanted to acknowledge Josephus’ allegoric references to the Christians. Could the “root” and the man that escaped crucifixion be different representations of “Christ” with one being difficult to recognize and the other easier? Could Luke’s “Road to Emmaus” be an allegoric representation of Chapter 6 of Book 7 of Josephus’ Wars of the Jews? Think about it.

The Bible is allegory, and Christ is a personification of the “Word”. He can take as many forms as there are metaphors to describe him or he can disappear beneath Josephus’ allegory.

edit on 14-3-2013 by swordwords because: added italics

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColt

Why not just read the Bible? Jesus is claimed as shape-shifting, becoming invisible/incorporeal, precisely counteracting the force of gravity, actually levitating, teleporting, regenerating dead flesh & calling the spirit of the dead person back from beyond the grave to indwell their body once more, repairing damaged neurons with a touch, etc.

Why this is seen as any more spectacular than what it claimed in the gospel record I don't know, but I consider it interesting, feasible & unless significant BS-alerts go off when I read the source (relating to things concerning Christ that I know to be false), I don't see what effect on a person's faith this would need to have, other than to bolster it.

I'm a committed Christian btw, and in particular don't buy into disinfo re: Christ not dying on the cross/ having kids/ claiming he was just a man, etc.. Will now proceed to check the source.

edit on 14-3-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join