It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shape-Shifting Jesus Described in Ancient Egyptian Text

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by skalla

What part in the extracted text that the OP quoted did you miss about Pilate offering his son in Jesus' place to die? The word crucifixion was used three times in the first two paragraphs. You do know that Jesus was crucified on a cross or a stake? No? I'm guessing not.

edit on 12-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

like i said, you did not read the article

ex text is not the be all and end all, the links are there for a reason

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wait a minute.. If he could shapeshift, become a spirit, why didn't he just shapeshift himself off the cross?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Continue reading.

Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"
Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
-John 9:4-41

Jesus was speaking of spiritual blindness.

I was referring to his special ability to just escape... walk right through mobs...hiding himself ....

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Sounds more like Houdini

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I read the link. What in the world are you going on about? Do you just not understand what you read?

I think the communication problem lies in the fact that you don't even know the story of Jesus as told in the Bible to compare with this text?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Or perhaps he just cast delusion into the minds of the mobs... they only thought they were dragging him to throw him off a cliff, but Jesus calmly walked right through them.

Either way, invisibility and shapeshifting are still cool powers to have.

edit on 12-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I know what you meant. I was just kidding with you because that's the first scripture that came to my mind when I read your post. I was just picturing a bunch of people going blind about the time they started throwing stones.

In reality, I'm sure Jesus was able to block the minds and sight of anyone he wanted to without them even realizing it. He was able to perform miracles after all.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?" Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains. -John 9:4-41

Someone else brought this exact same subject up to me this morning. They were saying that Adam and Eve didn't realize they were naked until after they had eaten from the tree of knowledge. Meaning that they were not aware of their sinful nature until they gained knowledge of it. Those who sin without the knowledge of what's right and wrong (a small child) won't be held accountable, but those who sin after knowing will be held accountable.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

i offer you something.

that has no bearing on whether it is accepted or not.

i've been offered all sorts of stuff in my life - does that automatically mean i accepted the offers?

the article seems very clear to me, at no point does it say he was not crucified.

jesus points out he could escape if he wants to.

where is the offer accepted? where does it say the boy dies in his place?

only 2 of you seem to have an issue understanding this - i think also that the headline would have been "jesus did not die on the cross"

i could go on but i doubt you are still reading... way past my bed time too, see you sometime tomorrow for more of the same i guess

ETA: just re-re-re-re-re-read it.."what in the world are you going on about" as you like to say, clear your mind, please read it again. smh

ETA: and yes, i know the "authorised" version, you just lack comprehension skills it seems

edit on 12-3-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

The point is that the Islamic religion doesn't believe that Jesus died and this text hints at the same. For you to call out someone because they considered it to be a Muslim document, which was not off target, yet you acted like they didn't know what they were talking about. If you knew anything about religion, you might understand the discussion taking place in this thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

From what I have heard from some Muslims, they specualte that he was possibly switched before being crucified.. I'm not saying its true but yeah..

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Exactly. The text in the original post is pointing at the same conclusion, leading me to believe that this text was written with an Islamic slant.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
whoa! billy meier learn to write in coptic.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

So, an early Muslim document throwing deceptions into reality (and make no mistake, reality is what the Bible says, like it or not) is supposed to sway my beliefs on who Jesus is?

I don't think so.

Would you please be so kind as to show the class where ANYONE said ANYTHING about the idea that this article is "supposed" to "sway your beliefs"???

If you could just link to it or quote it that'd be great, thanks.
edit on 13-3-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It says above judas kissed jesus. I guess only Jesus could get juda's gears going. So upon kissing jesus and getting a rise, walla he found him.

Must looked really silly seeing judas run around kissing every man, woman, child, goat, camel, tree until he found him.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
As someone who has done calligraphy and illumination, the manuscript is beautiful. Funny how the source calls it apocrypha, as if there are true historical accounts and made up fanciful ones. The whole Jesus story is made up, IMHO. I'm glad someone like JP Morgan saw fit to buy and preserve this document for historical purposes. So many 'non-cannonical' works were burned by the catholics.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Wait a minute.. If he could shapeshift, become a spirit, why didn't he just shapeshift himself off the cross?

He chose the the cross to pay our debt. Sin requires death, He remained on the cross to pay that penalty.

A four minute summary

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I am a self proclaimed religious nut case. Believe in a literal reading of the Word of God.

Yet I have no problem entertaining these ideas. There are some theological issues with this extra-Biblical text but the "shape shifting" is the least of them.

As others have pointed out in this thread we see in Scripture Christ's avoiding arrest, disapearing, and even passing through locked doors with his resurected body (which had flesh and bone).

As I have grown in my understanding I have come to realize that God by His very nature works beyond time and space. He is an interdimensional being. He can move freely in and out of those dimensions. Additionally I have come to the conclusion that the spirit world is beyond our measurable dimensions.

That's why I like this web site so much. Through the various post made here I get a glimpse as to what is happening in other dimensions, I look forward to someday enjoying this priviledge myself.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Um, despite the interest shown by Scorpie, the underlying document is Christian (a tad late to be "ancient"). The actual version of the thread-title idea is also found in the canonical scriptures and genuinely ancient Christian writing. That the performance is "shape shifting" is this hack writer's spin. How else do you sell a "book review" of a scholarly work that nobody reading this is ever going to read (at least not before it comes out in paperback... the list price is $140 American)?

The actual gift is to appear differently to different observers. Actors do this for a living, and some of them pride themselves on their ability to do it with little or no makeup. A good deal of "demonic possession" amateur theatrics depends on this as well. The fact is that it is easy for a human to acquire a "different face," different enough to confound other human beings.

(Part of the "magic" is that untrained face perception involves extracting a very small amount of information from the scene that includes the face - which is why "
" even reminds us of a face. A little attention to how people perceive faces, and you, too, can become unreconized at will. You can do it later today, if you invest in some webcrawling and practicing in a mirror.)

Jesus escaped from mobs because he had full-time, devoted and experienced young assistants, usually positioned himself well with respect to his audience before he began speaking, and was both fleet of foot and nimble of wit. The main "different appearance" pericopes are the Transfiguation before he was killed, and the various "failures to recognize" his resurrected form. In other words, no mobs. Escapes did not and do not depend on thwarting facial recognition, but rather preventing physical confinement from ever being perfected.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I hate it when people go "wow this was written 1200 years ago!!!" as though it means it has some validity.

It was written 800 years AFTER the event, it's like us sitting down now and writing a story about something that happened in 1200 and expecting it to be taken as historically significant 1200 years from now.

Utterly ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join