It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Allah says to Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by DarknStormy

If you can "roll" with the Old Testament, you might want to check out what it says about the coming of Christ, the details prophesied regarding both his death and resurrection that is in it.

So could they be literally talking about the Sun? Hear me out.

Jesus had 12 disciples and if we use astrology they could be used as the 12 constellations. When I see pictures of Jesus he always has a Sun behind his head and this could also represent a Pagan religion worshipping the Sun..

When it comes to the death and the resurrection, the sun does this every year from the 21st of December to the 24th of December. The following day, we have Christmas day on the 25th.

Similarly, the birthday of Jesus, which was set by early Roman Catholics on December 25th, marks a time of “rebirth,” as it is when the sun first visibly begins its ascent from its lowest point on the horizon, which occurred on December 21st, at the winter solstice. In essence, between the winter solstice and December 25th, the sun mimics the death and resurrection of Jesus, as it “dies” on December 21st, and remains at the lowest region in the sky for three days, and finally begins to visibly rise from the horizon on December 25th.

Now I am not denying Christ was here but don't you think thats a bit coincidental when it comes to the story of resurrection? Maybe it did happen, I don't know but to me, Sun worship is what is happening and thats why I also believe the bible has been meddled with. Sun worship is a Luciferian ritual I believe.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Read Psalm 22 and then tell me if you still think it represents the sun.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

I'l just ask do you consider it as islam?

To be honest I would certainly hope not.
In theory Islam is a religion of peace. In practice we have beheadings and honor killings.
I can't wrap my head around wanting to kill a daughter because she falls in love with someone who is not Muslim.
WTF are people thinking?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by logical7

(5:18) The Jews and the Christians say: 'We are Allah's children and His
beloved ones.' Ask them: 'Why, then, does He chastise you for your sins?' You are the same as other men He has created. He forgives whom He wills and chastises whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. To Him is the eventual return.

I guess the question is rhetorical
Why is Islam so chastised by the Jews
Every time allahs armys have tried and tried and tried again to dstroy Israel they have been routed.
Israel triumphs over the whole Islamic nations.

Chastised.....I think so. Israel belongs to Yahweh not allah. Your god is chastised by infidels

i'l just say this

(5:12) Surely Allah took a covenant with the Children of Israel, and We raised up from them twelve of their leaders, and Allah said: 'Behold, I am with you; if you establish Prayer and pay Zakah and believe in My Prophets and help them, and lend Allah a good loan, I will certainly efface from you your evil deeds, and will surely cause you to enter the Gardens beneath which rivers flow. Whosoever of you disbelieves thereafter has indeed gone astray from the right way.
(5:13) Then, for their breach of the covenant We cast them away from Our mercy and caused their hearts to harden. (And now they are in such a state that) they pervert the words from their context and thus distort their meaning, and have forgotten a good portion of the teaching they were imparted, and regarding all except a few of them you continue to learn that they committed acts of treachery. Pardon
them, then, and overlook their deeds. Surely Allah loves those who
do good deeds.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Read Psalm 22 and then tell me if you still think it represents the sun.

Where does he mention he will die and be resurrected 3 days later? Again, I do not disagree that those things happened to him, but is it hard to believe that someone over the last 2000 years meddled with the scripture? If Muslims had knowledge of this also, wouldn't they agree with the bible instead of going against it? Jesus is their prophet also...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

I'l just ask do you consider it as islam?

To be honest I would certainly hope not.
In theory Islam is a religion of peace. In practice we have beheadings and honor killings.
I can't wrap my head around wanting to kill a daughter because she falls in love with someone who is not Muslim.
WTF are people thinking?

This is not islam.
Its due to the fact that islam spread to cultures that are now seen as islam. Not all muslims follow islam as it should be followed. I hope they let go off their wrong cultures and ego and become better muslims.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Got any evidence to prove this favouritism? I'd be interested in seeing if it's any good.

I mean, if it's all poverty and mud then no thanks... I can make that by myself.

But what if it's like loads and loads of cat memes and advert free internet?

I'd sell my soul to some god for that... so

what's the favouritism? what do that get in this life for their souls?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

This is not islam. Its due to the fact that islam spread to cultures that are now seen as islam. Not all muslims follow islam as it should be followed. I hope they let go off their wrong cultures and ego and become better muslims.

Again Theory vs Practice.

And btw.

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Verses of Violence.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

if you establish Prayer and pay Zakah and believe in My Prophets and help them, and lend Allah a good loan, I will certainly efface from you your evil deeds,

What's that supposed to mean? Sounds like a bribe!

edit on 11-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

These are also found in the bible so I wouldn't go quoting verses like that. Both religions have their violent sides and it wouldn't surprise me if they are speaking about each other in some cases.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Got any evidence to prove this favouritism? I'd be interested in seeing if it's any good.

I mean, if it's all poverty and mud then no thanks... I can make that by myself.

But what if it's like loads and loads of cat memes and advert free internet?

I'd sell my soul to some god for that... so

what's the favouritism? what do that get in this life for their souls?

In this life you get peace of mind, a purpose, a direction and a hope of better things after death.

(9:111)God hath purchased of the believers
their persons and their goods; for
theirs (in return) is the garden (of
Paradise)..

61:Believers, shall I direct you to a commerce that will deliver you from a grievous chastisement? (10)
Have faith in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the Way of Allah with your possessions and your lives. That is better for you if you only knew. (11)
He will forgive you your sins and will admit you to Gardens beneath which rivers flow. He will lodge you in excellent mansions in the Gardens of eternity. That is the supreme triumph. (12)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by grey580

These are also found in the bible so I wouldn't go quoting verses like that. Both religions have their violent sides and it wouldn't surprise me if they are speaking about each other in some cases.

Yep my point exactly.
The OP seemed to be chastising other religions.
Yet no one religion is better than another.
They all have ugly sides.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

This is not islam. Its due to the fact that islam spread to cultures that are now seen as islam. Not all muslims follow islam as it should be followed. I hope they let go off their wrong cultures and ego and become better muslims.

Again Theory vs Practice.

And btw.

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Verses of Violence.

And recall when your Lord inspired the angels: 'I am certainly with you. So make firm the feet of those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. So strike at their necks and strike at every pore and tip. (12)

The ayah is revealed during a battle and even there its addressing the angels not humans.
Taking things out of context is not the right thing to do Grey.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The story of Dajjal would really get them riled up
But I'm not going to risk being booted from the website.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

if you establish Prayer and pay Zakah and believe in My Prophets and help them, and lend Allah a good loan, I will certainly efface from you your evil deeds,

What's that supposed to mean? Sounds like a bribe!

Its a covenant, do you think jews only rejected Muhammad pbuh, go a bit back and the same happened with Jesus pbuh and even before him.
What you call the new covenant, isn't it a more ridiculous bribe?!!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Help me understand. Angels are capable of having their heads cut off, have feet and necks as well as pores?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Its a covenant, do you think jews only rejected Muhammad pbuh, go a bit back and the same happened with Jesus pbuh and even before him. What you call the new covenant, isn't it a more ridiculous bribe?!!

What? A covenant that accepts money in return for erasing sins? The Bible doesn't work like that.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Help me understand. Angels are capable of having their heads cut off, have feet and necks as well as pores?

Dee, you got me wrong, i meant its addressing the angels to fight alonside the believers and attack the disbelievers in the battle that was going on.
How can a muslim fighter attack/poke the 'fingertips'?
i am sure the muslims had swords not sharp pins!
Now read it again

And recall when your Lord inspired
the angels
: 'I am certainly with you. So
make firm the feet of those who
believe.
I will cast terror into the hearts
of those who disbelieve. So strike at
their necks and strike at every pore and tip. (12)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You're right context is important. I certainly do agree with that.
God was indeed telling the angels what to say to psyche people up before battle.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I love how this type of subject always ends up in petty bickering.. Both religions are a lot similar than you think. Of course you differ on certain issues but they are both based around the same things. Of course there are going to be two different interpretions, they come from different parts of time but what we need to understand is that both are trying to achieve the same goals, warn about the same problems and possibly show people how to live a productive and fulfilling life. Just because one disagrees with the other on some topics doesn't mean on is right and the other is wrong.

War is spoken about in both, death also, values, messiahs, prophets, God/Allah what ever way you choose to use it. Why cant people just accept each others religion for what it is and learn from all of them? Is it such a bad thing to share ideas or is that against the creator who is the same god in both teachings?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join