It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea await final order / Communication hotline severed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xarian6
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

this is why i call NK the proxy/pivot point.. and why we should watch this as a signal of what's to come.

I agree with you on that point...

However, looking from NK perspective, the US drills with South, is really not helping at all. This whole thing is being escalated with the idea of a "war drill" right near a sovereign nation's borders can be interpreted as preparations of for an "invasion" by the North, and rightly so.

Am starting to think now that Obama and his regime are the very cause of this escalation, due to ridiculous debt crises in the US at the moment.

And apparently, "war" seems to be the preferred action to address state affairs.

edit on 10-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I have looked to see if they have ever cut it off before, I have yet to find anything mentioning this.

Edit: How far is he going to go before he realizes he can't go back?

edit on 10-3-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Should be noted here for balance, North K track record for backing down is 6 from 6.

However, North Korea has a track record for raising tensions and then backing down. In particular, Madden said this is not the first time North Korea has canceled the armistice and that today is the sixth time that it has publicized severing a military communication hotline with South Korea. “A lot of what we’re reading or hearing from Pyongyang has appeared in previous iterations, going back to the 1990s”, Madden explained. “Does this rule out a provocative activity? No. We may see some artillery shells being fired in the West Sea, a possible naval skirmish or an incursion by the KPA Navy across the NLL, a possible short-range missile launch.”

source

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Seriously, this whole situation is ridiculous, and if I was NK, I would consider the US and SK as aggressors too.

NK has not invaded anyone, or let off any bombs it should'nt have, in 60 years.

In that same time period, the USA has invaded 10+ countries, killed millions of people, destroyed country's infastructures, All under the pretense of "Helping the oppressed" and spreading democracy...the reality..war is business, business is $$$.

The US people are just as brainwashed, as the NK,.......The US people are brainwashed by, Patriotism, Consumerism, War mongering, the $ sign etc etc.

If Logic were to abound, then the US and SK should call off ALL military "Aggressive" games in that region. The SK govt. should send a message to the NK people that they are loved by the South. The US should step up and declare that it is NOT the Harbinger of death or threat, and is indeed for World Peace and therefore will stop all aggressive military exercises.

Sure NK will jump up and down and sing songs about how they "Won" etc etc........

Who Cares!!! poor old NK is a rouge orphan that has little respect for all its childness, from the West, the Chinese or the Russians.
The Chinese and Russians are not going to fight to the death over NK!!!!

The USA HAS to be the Bigger Man and step back!!!!

The US HAS to treat NK as you would a naughty child.......give it a bit of candy and it might do what you say.
Keep slapping it....continuously, and it will play up and continue being naughty.

South Korea should just open the borders, and show trust and extend the hand of friendship to their brothers. So what will NK do? send some spys, yes. But when the spys see the SK people happy and properous, do you really think they will return to NK with the risk of being incarcerated for saying...well SK is not that bad...etc

The people are poor, stop these stupid sanctions, and actually help the people.
Send food to NK as an act of love, Help them to grow, then see how long the NK govt starts jumping up and down and yelling.."Those Westerners are helping us too much!! how dare they try to feed us" Maybe then their people will realise that their NK system is broken and rise against the dictators, and join the World Community again.

Sanctions NEVER work, they are a way to get people to HATE you more, not less.

Love and respect will work.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by w3thepatient
Should be noted here for balance, North K track record for backing down is 6 from 6.

However, North Korea has a track record for raising tensions and then backing down. In particular, Madden said this is not the first time North Korea has canceled the armistice and that today is the sixth time that it has publicized severing a military communication hotline with South Korea. “A lot of what we’re reading or hearing from Pyongyang has appeared in previous iterations, going back to the 1990s”, Madden explained. “Does this rule out a provocative activity? No. We may see some artillery shells being fired in the West Sea, a possible naval skirmish or an incursion by the KPA Navy across the NLL, a possible short-range missile launch.”

source

Kim Jong Il did this several times before, not Kim Jong Un. Everybody keeps assuming they are the same leader when talking about bluffs. There isn't really a track record of bluffing with Kim Jong Un.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My money is on it being a bluff, but who knows. I have a feeling his ship is sinking and he's going to go out with a bang when it's almost gone.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This is true and not something I have thought of before. I keep thinking of North Korea as "North Korea", not by what the leaders say/do. Good point!

I hope he is like his father though. I never want to see a nuclear war, nor do I want my children to have to live through one.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
ok, again............................does he have nukes?

How can you have a nuclear war with no nukes? We ain't nuking no one.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
We have nukes in South Korea....and if the North starts it then the South (allied with the US) may finish it. I am sure that this scenario has already been discussed with China at high levels to avoid potential problems after the fact.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
We have nukes in South Korea....and if the North starts it then the South (allied with the US) may finish it. I am sure that this scenario has already been discussed with China at high levels to avoid potential problems after the fact.

"Nuking" N Korea is kinda the same as Nuking yourself then, amirite?

And yes, as has been said, the USA are the aggressors here... What has N Korea done? And its people would probably not be starving had we not isolated and sanctioned them to near death...Obviously they are worried about their Military because the USA has a pretty good track record of picking on the defenseless. IF they have Nukes 9and I feel they do-) that is their only insurance policy against US aggression.

Also, I see too many "we gunna kill em all" attitudes- These are people dying and this could spread to effect us all (potentially)- NK will sure as hell fight better than Iraq and look at what that has cost us in blood and treasure.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It is March,11th right now in N.Korea. Just past noon.

Is any movement being reported?

Can anyone link to a S.Korean News station?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Fight better?

How, they have to actually cross the border first (and they won't) then we have them trapped.

Hell will rain down from the skies, they will go to the mountains, winter will come, they will get cut off, we will park off the coast and bombard with munitions until they say sorry.

Finish / the end

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Operation bs lmao: Hot air launchers ready when you are captain...attention seaker missles armed waiting for your command

edit on 10-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Here you go my friend

www.lohud.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Fight better?

How, they have to actually cross the border first (and they won't) then we have them trapped.

Hell will rain down from the skies, they will go to the mountains, winter will come, they will get cut off, we will park off the coast and bombard with munitions until they say sorry.

Finish / the end

Kinda like they said Iraq would be over soon and the OPil would pay for the war.
-Glad its that easy *rolls eyes* and you have it all figured out.
Just a quick massacre of a nation that will have no ill effects on the "Freedom Loving" USA and its friends. No problem huh?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had my tongue in my cheek whilst typing

But then again, there is nowhere for them to run?
edit on 10-3-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

There isn't really a track record of bluffing with Kim Jong Un.

true. Its is a track record of North Korea. The face of the machine is of no consequence.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by w3thepatient

When the face of the country is its God, then it is of consequence.

Here is the link again for the Yonhap News Agency as requested by another poster.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had my tongue in my cheek whilst typing

=)
My Bad.

This strikes home for me- My Sister in law (and friend) is in S Korea working as a nanny. I do not want to see war and war mongering as real people will die horrible deaths for no real reason.
I personally do not think anything is going to happen right now- but I do think this moves us closer to the inevitable and frankly its frighting .

I do not want my Sons drafted into an unjust war... I also would not put it past the USA to attack ourselves as "justification" to kick things off.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

ok, again............................does he have nukes?

How can you have a nuclear war with no nukes? We ain't nuking no one.

As of February 2005 Defense Intelligence Agency analysts were reported to believe that North Korea may already have produced as many as 12 to 15 nuclear weapons. This would imply that by the end of 2004 North Korea had produced somewhere between four and eight uranium bombs [on top of the seven or eight plutonium bombs already on hand]. The DIA's estimate was at the high end of an intelligence community-wide assessment of North Korea's nuclear arsenal completed in early 2005. The CIA lowballed the estimate at two to three bombs, which would suggest an assessment that the DPRK either had not reprocessed a significant amount of plutonium from the 8,000 spent fuel rods removed from storage in early 2003, or had not fabricated a significant number of weapons from whatever amount of plutonium had been reprocessed. The Department of Energy's analysis put North Korea's stockpile somewhere in between, which would be consistent with the roughly 7 or 8 plutonium bombs that could be produced from all existing plutonium stocks, with no uranium bombs. If one assumes that the DPRK produced sufficient plutonium for eight bombs, and expended one of these bombs in a test in Pakistan in 1998, then as of 2005 their plutonium bomb inventory would be seven weapons. Taking the mid-point of the DIA's estimate of between four and eight uranium bombs, the plausible uranium bomb stockpile as of early 2005 would be six weapons, increasing at a rate of one bomb every two months. Thus the early 2005 stockpile would be 13 weapons, growing to about 20 weapons by the end of the year.

global security org.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join