It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea await final order / Communication hotline severed

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I know that they've done this in the past aswell, but in my opinion the situation is different compared to previous.
China isn't backing them blindly anymore and as of today the price of rice is soaring in NK. Also don't forget that Pres. Park is only 3 weeks in office and still has to appoint cabinet members.
I guess I will get worried when Keasong gets closed down aswell.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The N K's are all members of a Satanic cult.........this is their convoluted way of reaching out to the S K's - think 'mentally deranged' as in Scientology thrn you have an idea of what's happening there.
edit on 11-3-2013 by POXUSA because: tzcbtyubcvmiop

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

If and when North Korea decide to test there ridiculous premise there wont be any working phones or anything else for that matter left for them to communicate. Not even there populace!

I hope they have there smoke signals down to a fine art!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Just read more about it on abc. I don't feel Nth Korea has the technical ability to strike the USA but Sth Korea... definitely.

Pity... if Nth Korea strike the Sth and war erupts, then USA and allies would get involved, just like Iraq & Afghanistan. Just wonder who when push comes to shove supports Nth Korea?

?

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 11-3-2013 by Thurisaz because: insert news link

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by sarahlm
Such a waste of time and money. Why is Kim Jong Un so hell bent on attacking someone?!
When his country is poverty stricken because he throws all the countries money at building nukes. He needs to get his priorities right.

Seriously? Who have NK attacked in the last 60 years?
Who has the US attacked?
Who has the US attacked that had nuclear weapons?

Put that all together and your question(s) is/are answered.

If NK had not forged ahead quickly with a Nuclear program (even to the detriment of the people) there would be bombs killing all the people anyhow and US soldiers "liberating" them at gunpoint.

There were no bombs attacking DPRK from 1953 to the time they developed nuclear weapons. And it is certain that US and South Korean soldiers would be liberating them, and not "liberating" them.

edit on 11-3-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Just read more about it on abc. I don't feel Nth Korea has the technical ability to strike the USA but Sth Korea... definitely.

Pity... if Nth Korea strike the Sth and war erupts, then USA and allies would get involved, just like Iraq & Afghanistan. Just wonder who when push comes to shove supports Nth Korea?

?

www.express.co.uk...

Noone will... just look at Syria and all the other middle eastern countries that got #ed up by the US and the western occupational forces.

Russia and China will continue to mouth words of compromise or some kind of peace, but if NK does decide to make a move, both will pull back and let SK and the US trample them down.

Neither China or Russia can afford to be in bed with a nation that actively uses nuclear weapons against anyone. They can afford to support them up to the moment of truth because of business... money... but once things turn bad, they will pull a political move and denounce their relationship with NK.

NK will be ignorant of this. They don't have the political aptitude to understand the game play involved in this....

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I was looking at that nighttime sat photo of NK before and something struck me..

What if, all key infrastructure is underground?

A lesson learn't in both Korea and Vietnam is that a well designed tunnel system will give a pretty big advantage to a defending nation. back then those tunnels were crude.. they've had decades to build much more elaborate tunnels in NK and who'd bat an eyelid?

We already know of a few tunnels that are used, looking at that big dark landmass i can easily imagine quite a setup, from the surface it looks like grass/farms.. maybe a shack and some poor folks.. but underneath it could be a warehouse of tech unseen and probably untested (in case of WW3 break glass -with our compliments, Iran).

Something tells me there's alot more out there than grass and farmers.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

exercises are done so nkorea forces relax
nkorea attack so forces dont relax
same as last time usa did exercises

the only way to stop a sneak attack is to create one

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

There key infostructure would need to be underground, because said infostructure is nonexistent or at least highly primitive anywhere else in there nation.

link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by Thurisaz

?

www.express.co.uk...

Noone will... just look at Syria and all the other middle eastern countries that got #ed up by the US and the western occupational forces.

Russia and China will continue to mouth words of compromise or some kind of peace, but if NK does decide to make a move, both will pull back and let SK and the US trample them down.

Neither China or Russia can afford to be in bed with a nation that actively uses nuclear weapons against anyone. They can afford to support them up to the moment of truth because of business... money... but once things turn bad, they will pull a political move and denounce their relationship with NK.

NK will be ignorant of this. They don't have the political aptitude to understand the game play involved in this....

apparently you think North Korea is a billion miles away from South Korea, the rockets fire from North to South, there is no in between or military blah blah. SK and NK have a lot to lose.

link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by sarahlm
Such a waste of time and money. Why is Kim Jong Un so hell bent on attacking someone?!
When his country is poverty stricken because he throws all the countries money at building nukes. He needs to get his priorities right.

Seriously? Who have NK attacked in the last 60 years?
Who has the US attacked?
Who has the US attacked that had nuclear weapons?

Put that all together and your question(s) is/are answered.

If NK had not forged ahead quickly with a Nuclear program (even to the detriment of the people) there would be bombs killing all the people anyhow and US soldiers "liberating" them at gunpoint.

There were no bombs attacking DPRK from 1953 to the time they developed nuclear weapons. And it is certain that US and South Korean soldiers would be liberating them, and not "liberating" them.

edit on 11-3-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

The World was far different then and had twe attacked they would have had the USSR and /Or Chinese to back them...

Look at India/Pakistan...We saber rattled against Pakistan until they (wisely) acquired Nukes... The US doesnt tango with real enemies and NK needs to officially join the club to assure their sovereignty. Its sad but true.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The U.S. should fry them first in a surprise attack before they carry out their carnage. We know this won't end well but at least we'll have the first strike. As for collateral damage to NK, so be it. Heck, the U.S. sacrificed 3,000 of it's own on 9-11 to instigate a decade+ war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Kim Jong Un was probably never hugged as a child..
If they try anything they'll be wiped off the map without the use of a single nuke

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banquo
Kim Jong Un was probably never hugged as a child..
If they try anything they'll be wiped off the map without the use of a single nuke

BALDERDASH! Jung_ill only had the finest whores for his young prodigy for those hugging needs. Jung-un got plenty of saucy hugs. Many that would make most of us envious.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

You might want to take a read of this.Its an article about North Korea Military Power.

rense.com...

edit on 11-3-2013 by tekken55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tekken55
reply to post by andy06shake

You might want to take a read of this.Its an article about North Korea Military Power.

rense.com...

edit on 11-3-2013 by tekken55 because: (no reason given)

Good, thorough article and somewhat scary. Which is why I said we should strike first and somewhat de-stablilize them. If there is a US-NK war, it will be nuclear and not conventional. They outnumber us in all conventional areas, but I do believe we have the upper hand in nuke weapons and technology even John Q. Public is unaware of.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tekken55

That article fails to take a LOT into consideration...especially ignoring the effectiveness (or rather ineffectiveness) of NK's current defenses versus the US's almost guaranteed battle plan...

1) Cruise missiles, Stealth drones, and Stealth fighters hit air defense installations, command centers, infrastructure, and other military targets, effectively reducing NK's ability to wage war by about 70% in the first evening of the conflict.

2) Air superiority soon established (within the second evening), further reducing NK's counter ability by another 20% (90%).

Granted, we'll see some casualities on the naval front though, from NK subs, hovercraft, and patrol ships. However, I don't think we're likely to see an invasion of NK by the US/UN. Instead, more of a hard line of armor (backed by air superiority) at the border, preventing any NK armored forces from invading past the DMZ.

We'd continue to depend on air and cruise missile strikes on military targets in NK, until they simply don't have enough forces to wage war with any effectiveness. The no doubt armored columns from NK streaming through the DMZ will be similar to what Iraq saw when leaving Kuwait...a lot of smouldering tank wreckage.

We'd also see a lot of guerilla warfare, and widespread terror-style attacks on US forces and civilian targets in many areas of the world....but of course, most of these would be one-trick ponies, throughout the first month of the conflict.

Granted, all of the above is my own speculation based on the currently available info on forces, demonstrated tactics in the past, etc., but I'm sure NK is fully aware of all of this too, and knows how far they can bluff before it's called.

Anyone know if they have cut off the hotline before?

Yep, I believe this is the SIXTH time they've done so....so they haven't gone off script yet, based on their past actions.

Which is why I said we should strike first and somewhat de-stablilize them.

Politically, we can't strike them first. We're too in bed with China to do so. However, it wouldn't take much more from Un, before we politically, could do so...and with the silent nod of approval from China. The real wrench in the works is what happens after.....if Un is taken out, who's in charge? The answer to that question is what the US, the UN, and especially China likely already have hammered out somewhat...but it's a mystery to us.

They outnumber us in all conventional areas, but I do believe we have the upper hand in nuke weapons and technology even John Q. Public is unaware of.

I can almost guarantee we wouldn't use nukes or biologics...that would be political suicide. Our real advantage is in stealthy first strikes. Remember the Gulf? Now advance the tech more than a decade.... Our other advantage is carrier groups. NK can mobilize far better than the Iraqis could, but their main methods of deployment (air and sea) face a far more technologically superior force (ones that would likely take them out before they were even aware of the threat).
edit on 11-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by tekken55

That article fails to take a LOT into consideration...especially ignoring the effectiveness (or rather ineffectiveness) of NK's current defenses versus the US's almost guaranteed battle plan...

1) Cruise missiles, Stealth drones, and Stealth fighters hit air defense installations, command centers, infrastructure, and other military targets, effectively reducing NK's ability to wage war by about 70% in the first evening of the conflict.

2) Air superiority soon established (within the second evening), further reducing NK's counter ability by another 20% (90%).

Granted, we'll see some casualities on the naval front though, from NK subs, hovercraft, and patrol ships. However, I don't think we're likely to see an invasion of NK by the US/UN. Instead, more of a hard line of armor (backed by air superiority) at the border, preventing any NK armored forces from invading past the DMZ.

We'd continue to depend on air and cruise missile strikes on military targets in NK, until they simply don't have enough forces to wage war with any effectiveness. The no doubt armored columns from NK streaming through the DMZ will be similar to what Iraq saw when leaving Kuwait...a lot of smouldering tank wreckage.

We'd also see a lot of guerilla warfare, and widespread terror-style attacks on US forces and civilian targets in many areas of the world....but of course, most of these would be one-trick ponies, throughout the first month of the conflict.

Granted, all of the above is my own speculation based on the currently available info on forces, demonstrated tactics in the past, etc., but I'm sure NK is fully aware of all of this too, and knows how far they can bluff before it's called.

Anyone know if they have cut off the hotline before?

Yep, I believe this is the SIXTH time they've done so....so they haven't gone off script yet, based on their past actions.

They have never done this before- They have threatened 5 times but its never went this far.
However, I dont feel this will escalate *fingers crossed* much further... If it does, it will be bad, bloody and costly... The US is pretty much in horrid shape militarily, with swiss cheese units, low recruitment and morale after 10 years of unconventional war... If this goes hot it isnt going to be "quick and easy" regardless of what our "experts" tell us.

Plus China and possibly Russia will get involved if we start slinging nukes in their backyard.

This isnt simple.
Iraq was supposed to over quickly and paid for with Oil (remember that) open and shut, greeted as liberators. NK had a real army, and is close to other Superpowers who would lovew to see the US with a black eye or two.

-

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Destruction of the empire will come from within, the leader thought to be the savior will bring the nations to it's knees, to make one government, one power under one leader. Once a friend will be thought as foe untill it is too late, war will come between the two until a new common enemy surfaces. The foe will once again be friends to fight the intruder of the empire.

Osama was a distraction, Un is a pon, Putin will befriend Xi Jinping to defeat Obama. The middle East will burn as only one will rule and join others to burry the trator in the name of the people and one world govenance.

**** Ok, sorry about that....RThat was some flash I just had, words were just being typed away as the "vision" was being recited to me. I've never had one before......I just about threw up and scared the hell out of myself.

Take it as you will....I'm still trying to make sense of it myself.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Why don't we just handcuff this guy to a cage full of angry hippos?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join