It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights groups trying to "Bully" Tim Tebow

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by boymonkey74

And you are full of evil ignorrance and have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Christianity. It is your right to not believe in God. He gave you that choice. Good luck with that choice.
I come from what might be regards as the mainstream...straight and WASP (though some might call me pale, male and stale). I am fortunate that I have a degree of social intercourse with a couple of marginalised societies, both of which, incidentally, have traditionally taken a beating from from organised religion. Of course, inferring one does not believe in God unless one is Christian is a pretty aggressive example. (see above).

While I don't assume their voice, I will certainly speak up in any forum, public or virtual, in which they are - once again - being marginalised. The whole point of this thread is that Tebow ought to do the same, and prevailing upon him to do so is not bullying. My conversation with this poster has pretty much run its course.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well, bye bye then. It has been a pleasure debating this with you.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by PrivateSi

Actually gays are always saying there is no God or that God is aweful and that we should be ashamed for belonging to such a "bigoted" religion, so please don't say they don't.

You've taken my comment OUT OF CONTEXT....

I don't ever hear gay people saying you can't be Christian, Muslim or Jewish yet I hear Christians, Muslims and Jews saying you can't be gay (even if YOU ARE!) all the time on debate shows..

"CAN'T" being the operative word - Gay people / non-anti-gay(non-homophobic) do not have a doctrine, a set of rules except that GAY is OK... They should be free to be relgious, political or corporate leaders but I'm suspicious of those LIVING & PROMOTING UNPROVEN / IMAGINARY POSSIBILITIES as The Real Truth... Are you an undercover anti-theist BTW?!
edit on 10-3-2013 by PrivateSi because: I'm suspicious of those LIVING & PROMOTING UNPROVEN / IMAGINARY POSSIBILITIES as The Real Truth...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The kewl thing is, I don't have to use Christianity to argue against homosexuality. I have been in this thread because it has to do with the original story. By all means we can keep God out of it for a few if it makes you more comfortable.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Have you? tell me why without God involved do you hate Homosexuals?
Why even be against Homosexuals? like you are.
edit on 10-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I hate noone. I've said it before but you folks just can't comprehend that you can Love someone and despise what they do. Now outside from my Christian views, it is unnatural and has led to many problems in our society. I have stated before that if it was kept private that I would keep quiet but that is not the case.

Case in point:
thinkprogress.org...
The BSA is a private Christian organization and homosexuals insist on changing their guidelines and morals and forcing a private group to allow anyone. I'm sick of it.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Care to list these problems the Gay people have caused?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Not really. This has gotten old, very old. Arguing with you and the others is worse than dealing with my 5 year old. You are on the same emotional and mental level.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Or you have just understood your hatred for people whom happen to be gay comes from your choice of religion.
You have stated that homosexuality has caused many problems and you have refused to state those.
Now Iam out no point being here If you refuse to back up your statements.
Ha and well done trying to imply we are not on your level....way to go..someone disagrees with you you try to insult.

edit on 10-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

dealing with my 5 year old.
Just Curious.

If your 5 year old comes to you in 10 years , and state they are Gay.
What would that do to your Relationship with them?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

dealing with my 5 year old.
Just Curious.

If your 5 year old comes to you in 10 years , and state they are Gay.
What would that do to your Relationship with them?

I think we all know the answer. He would love and despise them at the same time.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I'll jump in and answer that. They kiss in public (seen maybe one out every 3,560 days) They are seen on tv being flamboyant. They have parades every so often one ususally reads about. They act like they belong and even throw fits like the rest of us. They can be sassy. They can have lisps.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What in the world makes you think God won't judge you? Where did you come across that information? Weird......

Maybe he has already been judged. There are a lot of people spiritual people who frankly get judged while they are still alive and know the other side while alive.

From my view but could be totally wrong:
You are treating your religion as it is a clothing you can wear that looks nice. I see no love in your post only hate. I hope you can find god and walk into the light and can start to shine but fear your ego will keep you trapped until you die.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by PrivateSi

Actually gays are always saying there is no God or that God is aweful and that we should be ashamed for belonging to such a "bigoted" religion, so please don't say they don't.

They do? Care to back that up? Naw, you wont, just like you wont back up your lies and deceit. I cant believe you even came back to this thread after being so thoroughly exposed for what you are.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by LittleByLittle

You are by far no authority on Christianity. Just because I do not fit the perverted warped ideal of what you think a Christian is does not make you an authority.
I can assure you people that I am not a homosexual in any sense of the word. I am a hetero male that is married to a woman and I absolutely adore my wife. I am just as attracted and astonished by her as the first day I met her. I have personally taken on the battle against homosexuality because unlike other sinners, homosexuals are not content with just their sin. You people insist on forcing everyone around you to not only accept your sin but to say that it is not a sin. You insist on confirmation from everyone around you. Then you take it further and insist on recruiting others into your perversion. That is where I'm coming from. I had to explain to my 5 year old son a few months back why two men were tongue kissing all over each other in the middle of the Mall. Like I said, I am married to a woman and we don't go into the middle of the Mall and do that. There is a time and place and that was not it. The moment I said something to them they lost it and started yelling swears and slanders at me in front of my son. They invited public opinion the moment they brought it into the public's eye.
Homosexuality is a personal choice and everyone is entitled to that. I personally do not agree with the choice but as long as it is kept personal I keep quiet. Bring it up for public debate or flaunt it in public and I will be on it.
You people are destroying the moral fabric of our planet and it has gotten out of hand. I will be the first to admit that us Christians are partly at fault now. We have gotten to a place where Christians especially refuse to stand up for anything anymore, in fear of offending someone or losing a friend I suppose. I assure you though that a true Christian will not agree with your lifestyle choice. I have a few homosexual friends but mostly all of my friends are Christian and I visit churches all over the country when we travel and vacation. I insist to you the sad fact is that most Christians are severely two faced now, they speak out against homosexuality in private and in Church then tell their homosexual acquaintances that they are fine with their choice and that it's their business. I have even ran into a pastor or two that did a complete 180 on their teachings on homosexuality just to keep those offerings coming in. It's amazing how much money can change a person's ideology isn't it.

And what makes you the authority? You say, over and over, that you speak for 'true' christians. What makes you so sure that you are right, and everybody else is wrong?

Recruiting others? Kid, you really need to get out more. Its a classic example of a closeted homosexual to think that homosexuals are trying to 'recruit'. Downright silly.

The sheer ignorance in this thread is astounding.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by ColoradoJens

No sir, I believe you are confused. There is no fear here. I just insist that their perversions stay away from my family, my Church, and my community.

Oh the hypocrisy. A homosexual activist group asks Tim Tebow to PLEASE reconsider speaking at a college, and you call it bullying.

Then you say you INSIST that 'their perversions' stay away from your community.

Truly, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

edit on 10-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
In South Africa we have mass meetings for Christian men called The Mighty Men's Conferences.

This was apparently started by the farmer Angus Buchan (also the topic of Christian films like Faith Like Potatoes and Ordinary People).

These gatherings can attract from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of men.
It's not really racist, but it appeals mainly (but not exclusively) to white men.
Politically, the black majority is not particularly fond of white farmers, who are targeted in a lot of hate speech.

The media has been at least 70 percent positive about these conferences (it's clearly a huge market), although some of the patriarchal messages left feminists and critics uncomfortable.
Some women wrote letters to the media saying their men came back abusive.
Others noted the fact that nearby brothels and bars did a roaring trade when the conferences came around, and some men had ulterior motives.

It's a big deal on the social calendar, and it's not popular to criticize Buchan or his claims.
Skeptics see it as a business venture and an old boy's club getting together.

At present I have a major conundrum of who to invite for a barbeque.
There's three nominal or liberal Christians (one can criticize Buchan, but not the Bible).
There's three who can be very fundamentalist (one will actually call other people "alcoholics" when they have fun, although he does something else for his arthritis, which I cannot mention).
And then there's three people who are atheist or nominally Buddhist (strangely enough all the people who went to a hardcore Christian Nationalist high-school with me during apartheid).

Just to mention that stigma can come from two sides, and unfortunately the fundamentalists look least likely to be invited.

I hope Tebow finds his niche.
They say a career in contact sport only lasts a decade.

I still find it very difficult to imagine Jesus playing these violent tackling sports, but who knows?

Here it would be unthinkable for any gay group to appeal to anyone not to attend the Mighty Men.
Buchan himself believes you can pray away the gay, but he hasn't made it the most obvious issue.

Anyway, some clips from the Mighty Men's Conference:

edit on 10-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I hate noone. I've said it before but you folks just can't comprehend that you can Love someone and despise what they do. Now outside from my Christian views, it is unnatural and has led to many problems in our society. I have stated before that if it was kept private that I would keep quiet but that is not the case.

Case in point:
thinkprogress.org...
The BSA is a private Christian organization and homosexuals insist on changing their guidelines and morals and forcing a private group to allow anyone. I'm sick of it.

Wait, so now, since the VP OF BOYSCOUTS OF AMERICA is backing an end to the LGBT ban, suddenly that, too, is somehow indicative of the gay community forcing something? Do you know what the word 'force' means? I'm thinking you dont, as you have used it to describe two different things in this thread, neither of which are forcing anything.

Let go of your fear and your hate. Life will be a lot better.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I'll jump in and answer that. They kiss in public (seen maybe one out every 3,560 days) They are seen on tv being flamboyant. They have parades every so often one usually reads about. They act like they belong and even throw fits like the rest of us. They can be sassy. They can have lisps.
One thing I like about this country is that the whole gay thing is just becoming less of an issue. Gays can marry, adopt kids, enjoy the rights of all of us. Sure, there's still hate and discrimination, but that is generally religious based and becoming socially unacceptable. Toronto has the Pride Parade...and sure it's a circus, but so's Mardi Gras if you don't like it, stay away. The gay district even has it's own street signs...helps the homophobes from accidentally wandering in, I guess.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Not really. This has gotten old, very old. Arguing with you and the others is worse than dealing with my 5 year old. You are on the same emotional and mental level.

Why is it that, rather than actually back up your statements, you continue to deflect with ad homs, name calling, and personal attacks?

Not very 'christian' of you at all.

I'm still waiting for any proof of 'forcing', 'demanding' or 'bullying'...a lot of time has passed since I first asked, and you havent even attempted to provide it. You are a liar, and a deceiver, and I have a sneaking suspicion that the one you worship resides below, not above.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join