It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights groups trying to "Bully" Tim Tebow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So now the gay "rights" groups who whine and cry about bullying and their rights are trying to force Tim Tebow to cancel his speech at Liberty University. Tim is a Christian man with Godly convictions who is going to give a Christian based speech to a mens group at a Christian University. I'm confused. Gays can openly protest in public outside government buildings and inside Chick Fil A buildings (Christian company) but the plan to bully Tebow into not giving a private speech at a Christian school?
Now Who are the hypocrites?

radio.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If this guy Tebow is going to speak against Homosexuals I agree that he deserves some stick, but If he is just going to speak about the Christian bible blah blah blah who cares?
As long as he doesn't go against Jesus and judge or say Homosexuality is evil etc again who cares.
edit on 8-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
So now the gay "rights" groups who whine and cry about bullying and their rights are trying to force Tim Tebow to cancel his speech at Liberty University. Tim is a Christian man with Godly convictions who is going to give a Christian based speech to a mens group at a Christian University. I'm confused. Gays can openly protest in public outside government buildings and inside Chick Fil A buildings (Christian company) but the plan to bully Tebow into not giving a private speech at a Christian school?

Well now, he can do whatever he wants, but I figure the message to him is that tacit support of this institution and its ugly teachings are going to stick to him. Fair enough.

It's not like every God-fearing Christian hates gays...but these clowns apparently do. His call.

Huffington Post called Liberty a “notoriously conservative private college with an anti-gay reputation.” And more than 10,000 people have signed a petition launched by Faithful America calling on the quarterback to cancel his speech. “Liberty University isn’t just another conservative Christian college,” the group stated. “It’s ground-zero for a global assault on the legal rights of gays and lesbians – and a symbol of everything that’s wrong with the religious right.Link

Yes, and Faithful America?

What is Faithful America? Faithful America is an online community of tens of thousands of citizens motivated by faith to take action on the pressing moral issues of our time. We come from diverse faith traditions but share a unifying commitment: to restore community and uphold the common good in America and across the globe. In service to this core commitment, we seek to:
- end poverty and promote economic security for all
- promote peace and restore America's commitment to human rights and diplomacy
- prevent the catastrophic effects of climate change
- counter hate speech and misinformation in the media pertaining to people of faith
- work for welcoming communities where immigrants and people of all faiths are welcome

By speaking out, mobilizing and taking action in the public square, we are building a powerful grassroots movement to put justice and the common good back at the center of the American values debate. At this critical juncture, when our actions or inaction will have profound and permanent global consequences, our faiths demand nothing less. www.faithfulamerica.org...

Yup...sounds like a whining and bullying gay rights group to me.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Why aren't these gay groups protesting day and night outside the embassy of Saudi Arabia? These people will decapitate by sword anybody caught engaging in homosexual acts...but no, they have to jump on a christian football player. What a crock.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You are laboring under the impression that informing one of what God says about homosexuality is "judging". You are not correct in your assumption. We are discerning right from wrong and Jesus says as his disciples we are the salt of the Earth. He commissioned us to take his word to the four corners of the globe. If he is speaking to a Christian Church he can speak on ANY topic he wishes to. If these homosexuals do not belong to this Christian school then it is none of their dang business what is talked about there period.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

You are laboring under the impression that informing one of what God says about homosexuality is "judging". You are not correct in your assumption. We are discerning right from wrong and Jesus says as his disciples we are the salt of the Earth. He commissioned us to take his word to the four corners of the globe. If he is speaking to a Christian Church he can speak on ANY topic he wishes to. If these homosexuals do not belong to this Christian school then it is none of their dang business what is talked about there period.

So you would be okay with Religion B gathers at a university and plans on how to torture and kill Christians? i guess its not hate because its in their holy book?

Yeah im pretty sure that would not fly, too many group with hidden hate speech masquerading as the word of god.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You will note, please, that you don't speak for all Christians. You may speak for all Christians who think like you do...but that is certainly NOT all Christians. Before you toss around words like bullying and hypocrisy, you might wanna Google 'conceit'...as in "height of".

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I disagree with this.

No matter his opinion, he should be free to express it.

To say he deserves hindering in his right to express it and yet say that it's an expression of tolerance to parade down a street while a float of naked priests gyrate and naked nuns slink along, is hypocritical.

"Stop hassling us you guys, it's freedom of expression!"

"I don't like what I hear, down with that man and his freedom of expression!"

If he had a target audience and wasn't preaching violence then let them at it... least you know where they all are.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

No right or wrong about it Homosexuality is as normal as being hetro, If your church decides to hate instead of love well you all deserve people giving you stick.
The quicker we accept people for who they are the better, we are all human beings living a life on this small blue planet.
If Tebow (whoever the feck he is) demonizes Homosexuals what do you expect the Homosexuals to do? bend over and take it? (no pun intended :lol
no they should speak out against small minded bigots who are ruining the human race.
Personally I think Religion should not be in schools at all it should be private at home.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Isn't it the homesexuals right to express what they think too?
At the end of the day he is talking in a school, If he preaches hate against any type of group he deserves all the stick he gets.
But hey maybe he will not maybe he will do something wonderful and preach love instead of hate.

Also another thing seeing that Jesus may have been a gay man according to the new codex found in Jordan, Christians may have to change their view for ever.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by winofiend

Isn't it the homesexuals right to express what they think too?

That was my point. I'd disagree with people who say they can't too. Fair is fair.

At the end of the day he is talking in a school, If he preaches hate against any type of group he deserves all the stick he gets.
But hey maybe he will not maybe he will do something wonderful and preach love instead of hate.

Also another thing seeing that Jesus may have been a gay man according to the new codex found in Jordan, Christians may have to change their view for ever.

I don't care about jesus being gay, it's not the point. It's the right to speak, if one gets it, all get it. If it's ok to try and use the administration of the place to refuse someone the right to speak their opinions to a group of people who want to listen, then it's ok to rally to stop the obscenities of mardi gras, where they openly mock religious icons in the name of tolerance.

Neither is ok in my book, I might not agree with something but I don't get in the way of letting people express themselves. My opinion is not more valid than theirs, right or wrong their intentions. Unless they break the law, if you don't want to hear it, don't attend.

It's a university, not a primary school.

edit on 8-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So when you say you think somebody should not do something because like speak at a place full of bigots who hide behind the cross, we call it being a bully? Give me a break. If somebody grabs Tebow and stuffs him in locker then we can call it trying to bully him. Honestly why anybody cares about what a failed NFL player has to say anyway is beyond me.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
To whom it may concern...Homosexuality is a sin! You have every right to
indulge in your sin and to pay for your sins later.
To all christians...You might as well shake the dust from your feet and move
along.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

in recent weeks he’s come under fire from the national media and gay rights activists for speaking in churches that follow biblical teaching.

My Lord, Tebow needs to be shut down from doing this

I fail to see how that has anything to do with hate speech. I'd like to know what his speech is going to be on?
It will probably be just on basic following of Jesus,live a clean life..yadayada and have nothing to do at all about being gay.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
along.
Correction...to some Christians, homosexuality is a sin. You exercise a great amount of conceit in speaking for 2.18 Billion people!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have a lot of issues with Chrisitianity, but they are free to believe what they want as long as they are not hurting anyone (physically).

I am aware of the parades from the gay community where they have a naked gay Jesus on a stage and mock all kinds of things in the bible. To take a religious icon and turn it into the exact opposite of what the religion stands for and mock it, is hateful in my opinion. It is akin to burning a Koran, and is pretty offensive, really. But they do have the right to this parade, they live in America. The true Christian will turn the other cheek and ignore the behaviour, even though what the gay protesters want is outrage.

This is also where the Tim Tebows of the have that very same right to protest and give speeches. Their Bible teaches that homosexuality is wrong, what do you want? The Koran does too. Gay protesters will not change the mind of these people, they will just throw fuel on the fire.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

along.

Why aren't kids killed for talking back to their parents?

Why can't i have my neighbors(i think he is of different religion) virgin daughter?

But 1 verse mentions homosexuality and it is put on the pedestal.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
Gay protesters will not change the mind of these people, they will just throw fuel on the fire.
So, one should sit back and shut up? How about shining a light on these haters and revealing them for what they are. Recently a couple of musical acts pulled out of the Boy Scout's Jamboree because they felt that their presence would add credence to discriminatory practices by the BSA.

"Carly Rae Jepsen and Train's decisions not only send the right message to the BSA, but remind LGBT young people that they are supported and accepted," said Rich Ferraro, GLAAD's vice president of communications, in a statement. Link

Tebow should find such stones.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

along.
Correction...to some Christians, homosexuality is a sin. You exercise a great amount of conceit in speaking for 2.18 Billion people!

The bible is clear.

Do not be deceived.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Expanded Bible (EXB) ·Surely [L Don’t…?] you know that the ·people who do wrong [unrighteous; wicked; unjust] will not inherit God’s kingdom. Do not be ·fooled [deceived]. Those who sin sexually, worship idols, take part in adultery, those who are ·male prostitutes [or passive homosexual partners], or ·men who have sexual relations with other men [or active homosexual partners], those who steal, are greedy, get drunk, ·lie about others [slander others; use abusive language], or ·rob [swindle]—these people will not inherit God’s kingdom. 11 In the past, some of you were like that, but you were washed clean. You were ·made holy [sanctified], and you were ·made right with God [justified; declared righteous] in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and ·in [or by; through] the Spirit of our God.

Link

I don't know Tim Tebow.

I do love people.

I love Elton John.

I loved Freddie Mercury.

The bible condemns their activity, relating to their choice of sex acts.

They put themselves at risk of not inheriting the Kingdom of God.

Anyone who preaches otherwise is not a Christian.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
The bible is clear.
It's clear about a lot of stuff...including the admonitions of Leviticus. If you aren't buying the whole package, then don't cherrypick. As I always say, it's unbecoming to get all riled up about what other folks are doing with their naughty bits...just sounds kinda repressed and all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join