It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights groups trying to "Bully" Tim Tebow

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

edit on 9-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: Because this poster has already been exposed....no need to keep going.

Hilarious edit notes. A post within a deleted post. I'm going to steal that idea from you if it is ok.

CJ

By all means! Good eye-not a lot of people catch those!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

A post within a deleted post. I'm going to steal that idea from you if it is ok.

Seconded!
:

Christian Voice.
If Johnny Football Star was vocally in support of LGBT, and was planning on giving a 'pro-gay' speech at a University, and in response a Christian group created a petition asking him to cancel, what would be your reaction? You're saying you wouldn't sign it?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Christian Voice

Dude, it's ok. There is nothing wrong with being gay.
Look, ask your self the question in your own signature. I think it will be San Fran or Miami, on a float donned in bare-bottom chaps.
You make a really good point, though. How many rabid "Family Values" types end up being popped in the lavatories of local malls for having too-wide a stance? Enough so that they have become a stereotype. They hate themselves for having gay-cooties, in a social environment of peers that demonise same. So who is a repressed 'homo' gonna lash out at?

When celebrities take a stand and shun these institutions that deliver hate under the guise of love, the message gets out to society at large...to both the Fundies and those that they victimize. Further, I have said before that a lot of human potential has been squashed for those unfortunates...government officials, Church officials, etc...whose first order of business is a need to hide their true human nature.

One in ten, folks...one in ten. Pop psychology lesson of the day is now over. Class dismissed.
edit on 9-3-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: of style, my man...style.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You can always count on JohnnyCanuck to wade into it slinging truth with one hand and common sense with the other. Way to go!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It's not just a freaking petition dude dang. Get that through your head. The first paragraph states: Gay rights activists are demanding Tim Tebow back out of a speaking engagement at Liberty University just two weeks after pressuring the New York Jets quarterback to cancel a speaking engagement at the First Baptist Church of Dallas.

They are demanding he shut up.

Ok, at this point I am going to call you a flat out liar. I posted the petition. Its there for all to see. The word demand DOES NOT APPEAR, EVEN ONCE. You are spreading false information as propaganda. You are also making light of the very real fact that homosexuals are bullied every single day.

This is shameful. You are not a good christian. You are a deceiver.

Of course Christian Voice is either an ego demonic deceiver or a person who cannot break thru duality and not a true follower of Christ since Christian Voice do not even from my point of view understand on a higher level what Christ taught. Even demons and devils believe in god and tell everybody around them that they love and cherish god.

You know who are true Christians are by their fruits. Sorry Christian Voice but I am tired of petting goats. If you ever evolve away from being a goat then I will be happy to call you soul brother or soul sister. Until then. I do not know you and want nothing to do with you. We all reap what we seed.

And to the other ones on this thread. I am allowed by higher ideals to be a mirror to what Christian Voice gives out. Loving to the loving ones. Open minded to the open minded. Bullying asshole to the bullying assholes.

edit on 10-3-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

You are by far no authority on Christianity. Just because I do not fit the perverted warped ideal of what you think a Christian is does not make you an authority.
I can assure you people that I am not a homosexual in any sense of the word. I am a hetero male that is married to a woman and I absolutely adore my wife. I am just as attracted and astonished by her as the first day I met her. I have personally taken on the battle against homosexuality because unlike other sinners, homosexuals are not content with just their sin. You people insist on forcing everyone around you to not only accept your sin but to say that it is not a sin. You insist on confirmation from everyone around you. Then you take it further and insist on recruiting others into your perversion. That is where I'm coming from. I had to explain to my 5 year old son a few months back why two men were tongue kissing all over each other in the middle of the Mall. Like I said, I am married to a woman and we don't go into the middle of the Mall and do that. There is a time and place and that was not it. The moment I said something to them they lost it and started yelling swears and slanders at me in front of my son. They invited public opinion the moment they brought it into the public's eye.
Homosexuality is a personal choice and everyone is entitled to that. I personally do not agree with the choice but as long as it is kept personal I keep quiet. Bring it up for public debate or flaunt it in public and I will be on it.
You people are destroying the moral fabric of our planet and it has gotten out of hand. I will be the first to admit that us Christians are partly at fault now. We have gotten to a place where Christians especially refuse to stand up for anything anymore, in fear of offending someone or losing a friend I suppose. I assure you though that a true Christian will not agree with your lifestyle choice. I have a few homosexual friends but mostly all of my friends are Christian and I visit churches all over the country when we travel and vacation. I insist to you the sad fact is that most Christians are severely two faced now, they speak out against homosexuality in private and in Church then tell their homosexual acquaintances that they are fine with their choice and that it's their business. I have even ran into a pastor or two that did a complete 180 on their teachings on homosexuality just to keep those offerings coming in. It's amazing how much money can change a person's ideology isn't it.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
All I have to say about this is this. Gay Right groups are going to have to start having a little more tolerance.
For so long Gays have been untolerated. So now its like some of these Gay Right groups are not willing to meet in the middle..

Both sides have to come to some middle ground. Both sides.. And I think the "straight" folks have come a long ways. And have done all they can to meet the Gay rights people in the middle of the road.

Yet we are going to deal with extream ends on both sides of the stick here..

Us moderates have the right idea. WE all have to find comman ground, and stick with it.
Gays can be less in your face about it. AS they do have that bad habbit of being all up in your face about it.
Yet there is reason for that. Gays have been pushed around so much. They are started to push back.
And its not working out to well.. AS the other side will start pushing back even harder, and we will all take 3 steps back on both sides of the fence.

Gays and others have to be tolerant of others.. If Gays are to be tolerated in their dealings.

A two way street.. And these extream groups on both ends, are really putting a monkey wrench in things.

WE have come so far so .. Have we not?
So now its the Extream Gay rights folks who needs to start being more tolerant.
Granted, Gays have been pushed with our backs against the wall.. At some point, people start to push back.

And us moderates get stuck in the middle. Sucks, and there is no easy fix to this.
But had to get that off my mind when reading this.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You are absolutely terrified of gay people. Get over it.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Gay people FIGHTING PERSECUTION by Christians (the RULING US RELIGION) - a LEGITIMATE FIGHT... I feel sympathy for gays & atheists in America because they are looked down on by THE IDOCTRINATED SHEEPLE..
I don't ever hear gay people saying you can't be Christian, Muslim or Jewish yet I hear Christians, Muslims and Jews saying you can't be gay (even if YOU ARE!) all the time on debate shows...

The only problem I have with homosexuallity are CLOSETTED ALL-BOY, OLD-BOY SECRET SOCIETIES (there are GAY CLIQUES in some very powerful positions). The fact they are CLOSET GAYS means they are LIVING A LIE (therefore LESS TRUSTWORTHY IMO)... Openess & honesty are important in government/the priesthood/any power hierarchy - but LACKING in all...

I'd allow Catholic Priests to marry OTHER MEN.. I'd allow married lesbian priests... In fact I cannot think of a more GAY profession (where homosexuality is not permitted) than one where HETEROSEXUAL MARRIAGE is disallowed and WOMEN are BANNED..!.. I wish devout religion wasn't a form of mental illness but the more I see of this world and the religious, the more I believe it is.. The average Protestant BIGOT is just as MAD (well, living in a DELUSION).

If a gay person wants to be religious I PITY THEM, like I PITY other Fundermentalist Extremists (including secular ones) - but it's not right for an OUT-DATED POWER-CLUB to supercede DECENCY, KINDNESS & RATIONALISM by fundermentally banning homosexuality..

! STRAIGHT & PROUD ! but homosexuals are all right by me - unlike Christians that PERSECUTE, en masse, via THEIR DODGY DOCTRINE...

Yes, HOMOSEXUALS (and ATHEISTS for that matter) are RIGHT to FIGHT INSTITUTIONALISED PERSECUTION... GOOD RIDDANCE GOD - you don't make much sense and the scriptured portraits of you paint a TOTAL A-HOLE!!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Not saying he should not be allowed to say it at all but Iam saying others who disagree with his message If anti gay should also be allowed to express their opinion also.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Wow "You people"......
Change your name please you are not the voice for Christians everywhere you know.
People who begin things like "Let me assure you I am not" gay/racist/homophibic etc normally are.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PrivateSi

Actually gays are always saying there is no God or that God is aweful and that we should be ashamed for belonging to such a "bigoted" religion, so please don't say they don't.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

No sir, I believe you are confused. There is no fear here. I just insist that their perversions stay away from my family, my Church, and my community.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You want everyone to agree with you and your outdated ideas? go and join one of the many christian sites.
Also many people who happen to be Gay follow Christ.

www.gaychristian.net...

www.gaychristian-europe.com...

www.gaychristian101.com...

Maybe spend the afternoon reading up a bit and learn some tolerance.

After your last post Iam out, Iam no Christian and do not need to be tolerant of hateful human beings who ignore the true message of God...(just love that's it).
You locked in a closet OP..I suggest coming out.
edit on 10-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You know nothing about me and no I am not gay, I am a Christian and yes I do speak for true Christians. If one claims to be a Christian but believes that homosexuality is fine and natural then that person is not a Christian. You cannot pervert the Bible to suit your perverse lifestyle CHOICE. The Bible is clear, God is clear, Jesus is clear, homosexuality is wrong and unnatural and immoral. Again, if you choose it then that's your business but don't try and pervert the Bible so that it agrees with you because it does not.
Don't get me wrong, I know you are the indoctrinated ones with the whole "if you disagree with me then you hate me" crap that you all spout out, but I don't hate anyone, I hate the sin. I assure you that I do have gay friends and family members and have not disowned any of them, however they all know how I feel and it's never ever brought up. One guy is my friend and we go fishing often. He respects my opinion and I respect his privacy but you know what? He has never ever tried to flaunt it either. He and his friend keep things private. He is a nice guy but he has made some really bad choices as have we all. I have sinned, I have made bad choices but God and I deal with that daily. I don't try and justify my sins or force others to accept my sins.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

~ I have personally taken on the battle against homosexuality because unlike other sinners, homosexuals are not content with just their sin. You people insist on forcing everyone around you to not only accept your sin but to say that it is not a sin.
~ I have a few homosexual friends
~ most Christians are severely two faced now, they speak out against homosexuality in private and in Church then tell their homosexual acquaintances that they are fine with their choice
Do your 'homosexual friends' know about your hobby, or is this an example of the 'two-faced' Christian attitude you are referring too?

Oh, and there are a couple of key words or phrases that telegraph the message that the speaker is likely an arse of some sort. 'Sheeple' is one, followed closely by 'troublemaker', but the winner is the dreaded 'You people'. Just a friendly heads-up, eh?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PrivateSi

It will really suck for you when you stand before God in judgement and Jesus says to God "I don't know him"
It doesn't have to be that way.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Again, my friends know fully how I feel. I don't hate them, but I despise their sin.
If your child robs a bank and murders a teller and security guard in the process, do you hate your child now? Do you disown his or her? Certainly not you still love him or her just as much, but you despise what they did. I can Love you and despise your sin. Why is it all or nothing with homosexuals? Again, this is the thought process of a child.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Oh no, you are out!!! Dang I didn't think this through. Those sites are completely ridiculous. So these people basically have perverted the entire Bible and Jesus to suit their own perversions.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Again, my friends know fully how I feel. I don't hate them, but I despise their sin.
Guess what?
They're not your friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join