It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Made it to page 6 before i said to hell with the thread sorry op It is tiresome how people love to defend 2 bit dictators all over the globe that said.

Technically speaking a state of WAR has existed between the US and North Korea that China used as a proxy war agianst the US.for over 6 decades.

That video on youtube, threatening a preemptive nuclear strike is not a smart move on NK's part hell look at the last decade to see people with inflated egos and lied about being the baddest kid on the block got his country invaded.

Not too bright in the least.
edit on 7-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Oh... you mean... the US could invade NK?

Sure... (looks at topographic map of nk) sure... if they could, they would. But no. Not without paying a HUGE price. A price that neither the army nor the civilians at home are willing to pay.
edit on 7-3-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by biggmoneyme

got a link?

I think its this one - enjoy

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

They wouldn't have to for awhile, as they would send a significant force of aircraft to the region. We used to exercise where we would essentially shut down Honolulu International Airport, parking aircraft (fake fortunately) on every taxiway, and parking spot that was available. Most of them would be in and out within 24 hours to Kadena, Guam, and Japan. It would include bombers, fighters, and tactical bombers. The 25th ID would head over there, but most of the initial response would be by air to weaken the defenses, and open holes for the ROK forces.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

They are getting crazy, which is why I posted this thread a few weeks ago, which seemed to be very unpopular. We would be very foolish not to take them serious

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They have to know that if they nuke anyone the retaliation strike would be within minutes... does this kid actually not understand how this works?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
how long before they get a payment from us ? 10 days ?

what a joke

it's like a toddler in the candy aisle

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I think it's getting to the point where something does need to be done. This is not just a single nation's problem but a world problem and If that means getting half the world on board for an invasion, even if just to shut China's mouth, then so be it. I honestly can't say that I think there is another regime on this planet that threatens the entire world more so than NKorea and they should be treated as such.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Cheers for the video watching in a mo

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I can't believe anybody is taking this threat seriously.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes I can see it now .. North Korean military out there with rolls of duct tape trying to attach this overly large nuke to the tip of an unreliable rocket with a little wind up clock detonator attached with velcro strips.

N. Korea is a long way from being able to miniaturize their nukes to fit on a rocket, and their long range missile capability isn't all that great, or accurate for that matter.. they are years off.

But that's why now would be the time to act.. stop them from getting there! because with this kind of rhetoric, if they had one.. they'd be using it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

If it were the father, Kim Jong Il, then I agree. But this is his son, someone who is young and is probably eager to prove himself as a leader. If we continue to ignore his threats that might make him angry enough to push him over the edge. We don't know this kid, he could be very unstable, and this makes me very uneasy.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

To be fair we don't know what they have you and I are just guessing.
They may have gotten something from another country who shares the same ideas as them.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by goou111

They are getting crazy, which is why I posted this thread a few weeks ago, which seemed to be very unpopular. We would be very foolish not to take them serious

I think it's silly to take them seriously.. They are quite a ways off.. yes I agree in trying to slow, or stop their nuclear program.. and stricter sanctions that their ONLY trading partner also supports ( China ) is a great first step.. China never really played into the sanctions before so it was more or less an inconvenience and not a show stopper.

But either way.. N. Korea is known for this kind of ranting and raving like a child.. "The Great Leader" does it as propaganda to his own people so they think of him as great and powerful.. We're in no imminent danger from North Korea unless they've managed to get some very secretive outside help.. and I doubt that.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

To be fair we don't know what they have you and I are just guessing.
They may have gotten something from another country who shares the same ideas as them.

Well they like to show off, that's apparent... and what they've shown is that they can barely launch a missile =) .. yeah they may have gotten outside help, but from who? .. Not even their closest Ally is supporting them now.. we know they have had some Russian equipment.. but Russia sells to anyone.. either way, it would be difficult for Russia to transport without someone noticing it.

I think we have a pretty good idea of what they have actually.. I don't know of many countries who are sympathetic to the north.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It doesn't need to be placed on a rocket to get to it's destination. And with recent tests, they have shown they are capable of at least reaching Japan. This threat should be taken seriously because, like another mentioned, we don't know how loose this kid really is.

You know, people sit there and talk about Iran and Syria and everyone jumps on board the war train because the evil Muslims are hiding under the bed, but we don't even bat an eyelash at the dictatorship that has proven itself to be a monster.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

If it were the father, Kim Jong Il, then I agree. But this is his son, someone who is young and is probably eager to prove himself as a leader. If we continue to ignore his threats that might make him angry enough to push him over the edge. We don't know this kid, he could be very unstable, and this makes me very uneasy.

Yes but he's doing it in the same way his dad did it .. he's beating his chest and trying to look good to his people.. to be fair, I think "The Great Leader" knows EXACTLY what would happen if he launched a nuclear weapon at the US ... and I seriously doubt he would risk that.. our weapons are refined and very precise, they are also set to launch at a moment's notice.. do you really thing he wants to start a nuclear war with the US? one he's sure to lose..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi

It doesn't need to be placed on a rocket to get to it's destination. And with recent tests, they have shown they are capable of at least reaching Japan. This threat should be taken seriously because, like another mentioned, we don't know how loose this kid really is.

You know, people sit there and talk about Iran and Syria and everyone jumps on board the war train because the evil Muslims are hiding under the bed, but we don't even bat an eyelash at the dictatorship that has proven itself to be a monster.

He seems to be very much like his father in that his image is important.. he's projecting himself as a powerful leader, he wants to be remembered like his father and his father before that.. they invent legends of themselves, some of which are absurd! ( most of which are ) ... the point is that Kim has to know that launching a nuke at the US is absolute suicide.. he'd have no legacy at that point.. he's too young to be wanting to end his reign just as it began.. I simply don't see this happening.. it fits well with in N. Korea's pattern of rhetoric designed to make the people think of him as a giant figure.

I was more concerned about his dad who'd already reached an old age.. but this guy is too young .. he's wanting to come off as a big man by making big threats.

I view Iran as a bigger threat... they have more capability in my mind, they have more money to back it .. and they are more likely to use it if you ask me. North Korea is just doing what it's always done.. running it's mouth
edit on 3/7/2013 by miniatus because:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I think it's getting to the point where something does need to be done. This is not just a single nation's problem but a world problem and If that means getting half the world on board for an invasion, even if just to shut China's mouth, then so be it. I honestly can't say that I think there is another regime on this planet that threatens the entire world more so than NKorea and they should be treated as such.

Sorry - working my way backwards... just for the record, I do agree with this... I don't think NKorea is an imminent threat, but that's not to mean they won't be if they're just left idly by to continue miniaturization of their nuke arsenal and refining their missile capabilities .. it's pandora's box basically.. once they have unlocked that achievement, they'll have it .. so I do think it needs dealt with now.. my main point is that I'm pretty convinced they don't have the capability right now so they aren't an immediate danger, and I also think that even if they had some crude system they'd probably not be likely to launch it because I doubt they'd have more than a couple of shots .. not enough to wipe out the US by any stretch.. they would face destruction if they did that, and I seriously doubt he wants that.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

BTW Major Ed Dames isn't he the dude who was the Men who stares at goats dude? or am I wrong?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MildCat

LMAO. Good one and yes that is probably all he will destroy. All blow and no go. But he is cornered now so the outcome may be unpredictable. It would be in his best interest not to act on his comments.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join