(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
North Korea officially voids non-aggression pacts with South, following new round of UN sanctions

North Korea "abrogates all agreements on non-aggression reached between the North and the South", the state-run Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea (CPRK) said in a statement.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
N. Korean general says Pyongyang has nuke-tipped ICBMs on standby

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...
A North Korean general said Thursday that the country has placed long-range missiles armed with nuclear warheads on standby, as Pyongyang said it will not bow to the United Nations resolution condemning its latest atomic weapons test

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Someone beat me to it... I saw the article on the ICBM's on standby And was gonna post it... but oh well

Things are escalating a little too fast to be "just talk" IMHO... It's getting scary now. I have friends with family in SK. I just hope everyone stays safe!
edit on 7-3-2013 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

this guy is nuckin futs

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313
Kim Jung Un is 28 years old. He's full of angst and ambition. They have significant stockpiles of chemical weapons, which can be used in conjunction with a nuclear second wave attack.

North Korea's chemical warfare program is believed to be mature and includes the capability, since 1989, to indigenously produce bulk quantities of nerve, blister, choking and blood chemical agents as well as a variety of different filled munitions systems.

LINK

We have a young man running a country where he has access to WMD's and delivery systems to take them to their intended targets making significant threats that go beyond what even his dad did. These threats ought to be strongly considered to be real.

The problem many of us have is the "Never Cry Wolf" complacency. One must remember that at the end of the story, the wolf actually did attack and got the upper hand because no one took it seriously.

On a separate note, we are here on ATS so it ought to be mentioned, this would be an excellent opportunity for an American west coast false flag attack. The administration needs to keep people focused away from economic issues. An attack on the west coast would provide a significant distraction.

Complacent or not, what can be done? Whats the point of worrying about him? If north korea doesn't launch, then iran will. The democrats and republicans have been creating so many enemies the last 60 years that sooner or later someone WILL LAUNCH!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Things have gotten so bad in North Korea that war is the only way out for them.

They have no food, but they have enough conventional weapons to give 3 or 4 to each person.

Think like a bully. A war, even one you lose, is more honorable than a surrender.

Just my 2 cents, but they were barely getting by when they were getting food aid. And now that most of the aid has gone away they have a lot of grumbling belllies.

He's intentionally rattling his cage to get our attention. Combine that with his love of western ways and I say it's time to sit down with the man.

Use the Council of Elders, use Dennis Rodman, use anybosy, just sit down with the man and hash this crap out.

If we keep going with this stuff war will come. And we won't be the ones paying the price, South Korea will. We would lose troops and civilian family members because of our military presence there but it won't be close to how many Koreans will die.

If they could come up with a way to let him save face and end the isolation it would be worth it,
edit on 7-3-2013 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
North Korea will be dropping a nuke onto South Korea.

It won't be the US it attacks... They will choose to indirectly attack the US (and its allies) by attacking South Korea, NOT mainland USA.

Kim Jr wants a war, and this is how he's going to go about getting it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

It won't be the US it attacks... They will choose to indirectly attack the US (and its allies) by attacking South Korea, NOT mainland USA.

And then everyone will proceed to destroy north korea. Is that what Kim Jr. wants? Nukes are good detterants against attack but when you are a #ty nation like them its pretty stupid to play the offensive card...send a few to south korea and then 15 into north korea.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu
I love stupid people with one track minds, its like you are willingly stupid or maybe you just don't understand what a sanction is, or you don't know what a sovereign country means.

1. NK can carry as many nuclear tests as it wants within its borders, the US carries tests all the time yet I don't see anyone raising an issue.

2. Dennis Rodman opened a channel for the Western people to know NK, but the govt and media shunned it. Instead of dialogue you would rather listen to people tell you about someone than from the person themselves. Its a tactic to keep the status quo, by refusing to acknowledge the other as normal you can keep them as an enemy or in case of old USA, blacks as slaves.

3. A Sanction is an aggressive act which indangers the livelyhood of NK people therefore is an act of war, US embargo on Japan in 1940s was an act of war, sanctions are an aggressive act of war. Nothing pisses you off worse than being sanctioned by countries freely doing what you are doing claiming they are for peace when their coalition is invading other people.

4. Leave NK alone, people don't know what is going on in their own cities govt, yet are knee deep in NK business.

almost forgot, what is the difference between a Israeli preemptive strike threat and NKs strike threat?
edit on 7-3-2013 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

Agree with your points totally and Koreans do have an unfinished business of unification.

To answer your last question; 29 standing ovations from the C.u.n.t.gress to a known warmonger counts as tacit approval. How are those brown nosers going to account for their people,when they woke up; let history be their judge.USA is breaking up and they won't take too kindly to those that misled them from one catastrophe to another.

Get the fark out of there USA. It's not your fight.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

No, we won't retaliate with nukes onto North Korea.

We'll hit them back (hard) with everything else but. And it'll be target specific, attempting to keep the collateral damage to a minimum.

There's no way in hell the USA or any other first world country is going to play that card unless one of them were attacked first. Dropping one nuke (to get a message across) on South Korea will not start a fullscale nuclear war.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Dropping one nuke (to get a message across) on South Korea will not start a fullscale nuclear war.

That would be as close as we have ever been to it

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

If NK nukes SK i promise you NK will be utterly,and horribly annihilated

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

If NK nukes SK i promise you NK will be utterly,and horribly annihilated

Absolutely they would be, but not by nukes from us.

The allies would wipe NK out the old fashioned way, it wouldn't be too difficult... it's not a big country.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

whats your reasoning? as in Japan(Hiroshima) the mentality was that by dropping the "bomb" lives were ultimately saved in the long-run,your assuming this line of thinking has changed?
I'm sorry but imo if NK pre-emptively detonated a nuclear device over SK there would be an exact response five fold.
edit on 7-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
how the hell do you go to war with yourselves?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A 23 year old kid does not deserve to be president of a country. He is not mature or knowledgeable enough to make rational decisions. I can understand his anger of the UN sanctions against his country but threatning nations with nukes is an utterly horrible idea.

If he carries out his mission it will be suicide, for himself and his people. If he does not then he will be known as a very unstable person who cannot be trusted. Either way he loses.

The real issue is the incompetance of the UN. It creates more problems than it solves. Putting sanctions on countries just because they are communist or religious is pure insanity.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I would be really surprised if korea "Launches" a nuke at anyone. As far as any of us know, North Korea's nukes are real, but still test bombs. In other words they are large bulky immobile devices that weigh quite a bit. Now it wasn't that long off in the the US testing stages that they went from enormous immobile devices to bombs that could be DROPPED from a plane, but they were still quite large/heavy in comparison to their yield. I just don't see them going from test device to Warhead for a missile this soon.

Still freaky, and I wouldn't put it past them if they develop the technology, but are we in any way aware that they have even tried this portion of the Nuclear weapons testing necessary to actually use them as a weapon?

All their tests were buried in the ground, not dropped or launched in any way.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I tend to agree,the UN constantly oversteps it's mandate, is rife with double standards,turning a blind eye to one country at the same time targeting another,it's a criminal organization and should be dismantled
also applying sanctions on any country is a form of aggression,and could be interpreted as an act of war

i understand NK is in a tough spot here ,however there is protocol and this behaviour (threatening your neighbours) will not win it any brownie points.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by CranialSponge

And then everyone will proceed to destroy north korea. Is that what Kim Jr. wants? Nukes are good detterants against attack but when you are a #ty nation like them its pretty stupid to play the offensive card...send a few to south korea and then 15 into north korea.

Chubby boy and his military leadership will be safely underground during the fighting if it comes to that.

Lots of deep bunkers in NK,

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

whats your reasoning? as in Japan(Hiroshima) the mentality was that by dropping the "bomb" lives were ultimately saved in the long-run,your assuming this line of thinking has changed?
I'm sorry but imo if NK pre-emptively detonated a nuclear device over SK there would be an exact response five fold.

I spent 3 weeks there in the Army and if I remember it right NK has 10,000 artillary tubes presighted on SK.

So if the baloon goes up the response will need to be both fast and dramatic.

I agree that nukes will be on the table as a viable option.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join