It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to destroy North Korea...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Considering the recent comments and actions coming out of North Korea, I would consider them a serious threat. I am an Isolationalist... I detest war, and I am against military action in Iran. I am an advocate for bringing all of our troops home from the 170+ nations that we currently occupy. I am against American Imperialism and nation building... I detest Neo-Cons, and yet here I am calling for the destruction of North Korea through military force. Am I alone on this? What say you Americans of ATS (and other nations too)

edit: I am only in favor of this as long as it is swift, hard and ends the threat. I don't want occupation. I don't want to build schools. This action MUST be Constitutionally declared by Congress IAW Art 1, Sec 8 of the Constitution. I don't want to teach them about Jesus. I want to be in and out. I also think that the starving and oppressed people of NK would support us for the most part
edit on 12-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

North Korea scares me more than Iran and Afghanistan, to be honest.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
im in the UK and i feel the same way ... they are very dangerous and in time ( very soon in my opinion) they are going to launch a missle at the Us and most likely incite another world war ... hope im wrong but ... from what ive seen it appears inevitable
!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Considering the recent comments and actions coming out of North Korea, I would consider them a serious threat. I am an Isolationalist... I detest war, and I am against military action in Iran. I am an advocate for bringing all of our troops home from the 170+ nations that we currently occupy. I am against American Imperialism and nation building... I detest Neo-Cons, and yet here I am calling for the destruction of North Korea through military force. Am I alone on this? What say you Americans of ATS (and other nations too)

I say good luck with that!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

North Korea scares me more than Iran and Afghanistan, to be honest.

I feel the same way. I don't consider Iran to be a real threat at all, at least not yet. But NK has been quiet for years, you never hear about them at all, and now all of a sudden they're talking about nuking the US??!! It's go time.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You are clearly contradicting yourself. But I can also clearly understand where you coming from.

I would not like to support the idea of destroying North Korea, as there are innocent lives just like you and me who may fall victims as a result of war.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It would only work if China invaded from the North.

NK has 80% of it's forces concentrated at the border with SK.

Without China a preemptive assault would just trigger a NK invasion into SK.

NK has the 4th or 5th Largest Army with the largest reserve Army .. 1.2 million active 8 million reserve.

That kind of manpower needs to be drawn apart by 2 fronts ... China in the North and SK at the border.

C...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

You are clearly contradicting yourself. But I can also clearly understand where you coming from.

I would not like to support the idea of destroying North Korea, as there are innocent lives just like you and me who may fall victims as a result of war.

Peace

I realize that I am contradicting myself, but it is what it is. I spent 13 years in the military, so I understand what this would involve if done correctly.

edit on 12-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
dude... really?? a little country with few A bombs are a threat to a nation that has more than 5113 warheads? ...

stop the nonsense....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So far they are just mouthing off and blowing up their own ordnance.. If they get out of hand, I would think that the countries closer to them would be inclined to deal with them first. How are they a threat to us, really? China is a much bigger threat, if not the biggest. We should destroy them first, right? Oh yeah, they make all our stuff. Can't do that. I guess since NK doesn't manufacture anything expect bombs and propaganda, they are much more expendable.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I don't want occupation. I don't want to build schools. I don't want to teach them about Jesus. I want to be in and out

Yea, that worked so well in Iraq didnt it. Youre a fool if you are advocatng that we get in yet another war. Especially when the DoD is already facing budget cuts, were down to one active carrier in the ME and another carrier is not able to refuel right now due to cuts.
Our military is still stretched thin and getting thinner everyday and the ones that are active are all taking some kind of drugs for PTSD or some other bs.

China made N Korea, let China deal with N Korea.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
dude... really?? a little country with few A bombs are a threat to a nation that has more than 5113 warheads? ...

stop the nonsense....

5113 warheads, they could just as well be pee shooters. Unless you sanction bringing about the end of the
world with a first strike nuclear hit! The US would get nuked right back by China, then it's over as everyone else will fire theirs.

This is a conventional fight that US Forces (South Korea) can't win in my opinion.

edit on 12-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I also think that the starving and oppressed people of NK would support us for the most part

Considering that whenever the US invades to "Protect and Liberate", the majority of deaths are innocent civilians...I don't believe the US will be welcomed with open arms as much as many would believe.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Not sure about destroying N. Korea but we should definitely destroy the government.

Keep those people from maybe not having to starve anymore and let them live a little more normal life.

On the other hand, I really hate the thought of America going into another country and trying to tell them how to live.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't think NK is suicidal...the leaders are too narcissistic to end their empire and any future of it by launching a nuclear strike....because make no mistake that's exactly what launching a nuke would be...SUICIDE....and regardless of how extreme and bat-crap crazy they are...they seem to know that...hence why there hasn't been nuclear war in over 50 years despite all the possibilities.

I think people are doing what they media wants them to do...dance to the war drums they are banging.

If fundamentalist religious terrorist haven't got a hold of a black-market suitcase nuke and used it yet...then I don't think the nuclear threat is nearly as practical as people think...

50 years without nuclear war despite countless conflicts, disagreements, sanctions, genocides etc and thousands of nuclear warheads (some apparently unaccounted for)....is one hell of an exercise in restraint...

I'm not saying nukes won't be used, its inevitable someone lets the genie out of that bottle...practically and logistically....a obscure terrorist would probably be the first to do so since the threat of mutual destruction doesn't apply to entities without flags and borders.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the US has enough problems to deal with internally already, without the need for attacking a country that is more than 30 years behind just about everyone else. What is there to fear about North Korea? Ever thought about how people outside the US view us already? We need another war like we need another 100 million people to go on welfare.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
twas me, I'd be more worried about GE
26 (give or take ) fukushima reactors on fault lines and water courses in the US
not to mention the 80 somew odd other reactors...
all past their due date

alsoI want to know who ( what bankers) is/are funding this governmental experiment
and who is making monney from this conflict
maybe thats why the whole problem exists
edit on 12-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The pentagon estimated that a war against Best Korea would cost at least a million lives on the allied side alone. China would also not take well to us invading their attack dog. You know what they say about land wars in Asia.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1

stop the nonsense....

They are test firing missiles and doing nuke tests underground. This latest nuke test was twice the blast of the one they did in 2009, and with a smaller device. It seems that they are working towards a missile warhead. It's time to stop this in it's tracks.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
The pentagon estimated that a war against Best Korea would cost at least a million lives on the allied side alone. China would also not take well to us invading their attack dog. You know what they say about land wars in Asia.

China was one of the first nations to come out publically against the NK nuke test.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join