It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shining Metallic Objects, Horned Rocks, and Bugs (?) on Martian surface from... Curiosity.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Interesting, found this in Sol 184

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hope you don't mind if I post this on your thread Arken, but found this image in Sol 194 that looks like rock drawings?

Sol 194

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ReconX

Very interesting.

Thanks to post them.
Stars.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I love these images keep up the good work.

I wonder what's going to happen when encounter a debris field from one of the many spacecraft that we've sent to mars that has crashed? It will no doubt have been covered in Martian dust and would appear as "alien" on the landscape.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
k

Taken from this image:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Scroll to the bottom of the page and the shiny metallic slot thingy between what appears to be some
type of contoured metal that has endured the time. Notice the imprints of rivets, the contoured material
though it looks like leather, is more than likely some time of metal that is 100's of years old etc. Filled with dirt etc.
But the shiny metal is stunning to me. Arden, I remember that you posted about this pic a few weeks ago, not sure if the shiny metal at the bottom was brought up though.
Thanks for having such great topics though!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

Looks like a space between two large rocks filled with sand and two smaller pebbles.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

There's an awful lot of debris falling off of the rover if that's true. I've seen some photos of similar objects before on the Curiosity photos, and I find it hard to believe, that these could actually come from the vehicle. I mean why would tiny pieces of metal just fall off?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

Arken, what do you think this is, that slot the the hole underneath it? The formed fabric or metal on the rock-object etc? It has imprints on it? What is that? Or what could it be? It sure doesn't look like pure rock.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
k

Taken from this image:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Scroll to the bottom of the page and the shiny metallic slot thingy between what appears to be some
type of contoured metal that has endured the time. Notice the imprints of rivets, the contoured material
though it looks like leather, is more than likely some time of metal that is 100's of years old etc. Filled with dirt etc.
But the shiny metal is stunning to me. Arden, I remember that you posted about this pic a few weeks ago, not sure if the shiny metal at the bottom was brought up though.
Thanks for having such great topics though!

Sorry Arken, I didn't put the quote

What do you think all that is Arken? Again, thanks for putting up such great photos!
edit on 6-3-2013 by thetiler because: Added thought.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
"The Hunter" is "Only" SIX meter tall, and seem descend from the slope with a weapon in his hands.

When looking at the original photo and not Google Earth, the number of pixels and the resolution of the photo pointed to 12 metres, unless I made some mistake in my calculations.

I will look at it again.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Arken
"The Hunter" is "Only" SIX meter tall, and seem descend from the slope with a weapon in his hands.

When looking at the original photo and not Google Earth, the number of pixels and the resolution of the photo pointed to 12 metres, unless I made some mistake in my calculations.

I will look at it again.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
At 100% zoom, the "hunter" is 56 pixels (more or less) long, so, at 25 cm per pixel, it translates to 14 metres long.

And its long, not high, because the photo is taken almost vertically, usual in mapping missions, so we are seeing a top-down view.

PS: Google Earth shows 13 metres.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReconX

Hope you don't mind if I post this on your thread Arken, but found this image in Sol 194 that looks like rock drawings?
Sol 194

Were you referring to those?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

No, this is the area.
Original image is a bit better in quality.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Keep up the dilligent work Arken.

While I will say some of these are a pretty big stretch, there are others that make me go

I truly believe Mars was the 'first experiment planet' before they moved onto Earth.
edit on 6-3-2013 by ThePeopleUnited because: Grammar mistake

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Nice Post! Thanks for taking the time to post this. More ammunition for the future, every post counts!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

You nailed it my Friend!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Another "Looks like" Mars thread. Too add to all the other banter about it. I do love searching ATS for meaningful threads on the red planet.

abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
At 100% zoom, the "hunter" is 56 pixels (more or less) long, so, at 25 cm per pixel, it translates to 14 metres long.

And its long, not high, because the photo is taken almost vertically, usual in mapping missions, so we are seeing a top-down view.

PS: Google Earth shows 13 metres.

Thanks ArMaP

So, the "Little Green Men", effectively, they are NOT so Little...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
I don't see anything horned, but what I do see is a statue of a monkey:

*ps: yeah, I know, horrible drawing...*

What I see is a rock with a couple of cracks in it and other rocks in the background that some on here seem to think stick out of the larger rock!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join