Shining Metallic Objects, Horned Rocks, and Bugs (?) on Martian surface from... Curiosity.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The Rover Curiosity is still under "safe-mode" due to a Critical Malfuntion, so we must look closely to its images till Sol 200, and cross fingers. www.jpl.nasa.gov... Digging in the old images, I stumbled upon these amazing anomalies that attract my Curiosity (mine, personal curiosity, not the Rover
)
In fact, seem that The NASA/JPL MSL Team is quite bored, not courious at all, or it is heavy busy for other most important things and they do not have the intention to investigate on these anomalies.
And this because the words: "What the hell is that!"
do not appear in NASA/JPL Team' dictionary.

From the bed of the ancient dry lake emerge curious objects... And the first words that came to my mind, are: "What the hell is that!"

Shining Object 1

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Shining Object 2

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The "Horned" rock

zoomed

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

"The Bug"

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You really want to find something up there

I love your enthusiasm and hope I'll get a chance to rub some noses in the "extraterrestrial" life evidence...sometimes soon.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I bet that shinny thing will be classified as something that fell off a rover it self...in 1...2...3.

or....the sun reflecting off of...hm....rock I guess

edit: new explanation for the shiny thing...a bubble gum wrapper?
The rover is up there chewing bubble gum and kicking Marsian butt.
edit on 5-3-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I am not seeing the 'bug'. Is it near to where the little hand is in the photo?

I am not going to say the standard 'rocks' thing.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I think he means between the two stones...right in the middle of the pic.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Interesting as always.

My favorite is the shiny thing thats an interesting one. My top pick for hmmm... what could that be.

If this thing fell off the rover then we need to send a new because this one is going to start running out of pieces to drop or have fall off.

I think the bug is a light effect playing off an open space between the two rocks.

The horn is curious indeed but lack of different angles, perspective, and image quality make it unclear to me.

edit on 5-3-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-3-2013 by CitizenJack because: typos

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That horned rock...actually looks like some small martian being that got it's foot stuck in between two stones. I really looks humanoid...check out the spread hands, feet and a round cartoonish head

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The horn thing looks like it could be a plant of some type. In the "bug" Picture I see a lizards head and a single eye lower left peeking around the rock. Not sure if the bug is the thing center left side?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Arken

That horned rock...actually looks like some small martian being that got it's foot stuck in between two stones. I really looks humanoid...check out the spread hands, feet and a round cartoonish head

Hmmm...to me, the 'horned rock' looks more like a half buried Locust, facing 10 O' Clock position...minus one anttenae and it's legs...i didn't say it looked like a lucky locust.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I don't see anything on this picture.

Just a weird rock.
edit on 5-3-2013 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Awesome!!! I see all that you are talking about. My question is, does anyone see the creature peeking up behind the horned rock? It looks like that thing from Lord of the Rings. It may be a rock and if so, it has two identical rock eyes. I love looking at pictures like this! Oh, and the gum wrapper comment cracked me up!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Arken

Hmmm...to me, the 'horned rock' looks more like a half buried Locust, facing 10 O' Clock position...minus one anttenae and it's legs...i didn't say it looked like a lucky locust.

I know it's crude...but...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I like your threads Arken

Many of the times they remind me of an advert i saw long time ago.

Aah..here it is

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I hate these Mars Rover posts, simply because of the comments. Every comment is like, "all I see is rocks
", "nice rocks"....and then some other dumb comments. If all you see is rocks then why bother commenting that same thought EVERY TIME...Then there are those who think its silly to think we could have life on mars. Just gets kind of redundent.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The only pictures I find interesting are the first two. Would like to know what those shiny objects are myself.

Could be something fallen off the rover, or a strange stone reflecting the sun, or something else. If we could rule out the first two it would indeed be curious.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well, the shiny objects could be from when the lander modul released the heatshield or the modul it self, dosn't have to be from Curiosity rower.

The other blurry things i have no comments on.

But could you please find something where we could actually see what it is, instead of this guessing game.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Shiney thing #2
Looks rather like a snakes head sticking out of its burrow......
Or Martian asperagus shoot maybe?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The Shiny objects is why I popped on here Arken, the rest are pareidolia cept maybe the bug...LOL!

I would like to know what these either very, very white or reflective objects are.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That "horned rock" sure reminds me of something I seen here on earth..
I wonder..

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I can finally see something arkan that doesn't look like a plain old rock...

S and f.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join