It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shining Metallic Objects, Horned Rocks, and Bugs (?) on Martian surface from... Curiosity.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The problem with the horned rock, is that whatever is sprouting off it, isn't casting shadows .. That sorta suggests "fakery".

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The 'bug' is light filtering through and illuminating the face of the rock. The white stuff could be calcium sulphate, it seems they have found plenty of that. The rock with the 'gentleman's sausage' sticking out, I have no clue. Let's call it Dicky Rock!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Finding a "shiny object" is indeed rare, but most likely originated on Earth.

The rovers weren't the first objects sent to Mars

Mars is a dead planet, and really has nothing to teach us. Waste of time, IMO.
edit on 5-3-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos
I like your threads Arken

Many of the times they remind me of an advert i saw long time ago.

Aah..here it is

OMG! That is spooky! I did a thread a LONG LONG time ago about the mirrored images and it's funny the mountain the aliens hold up looks mirrored like that one was...
www.enterprisemission.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Thank you for your precious comment.

But I'm not so sure like you...

Someone is still hunting on Mars...

edit on 5-3-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Please tell me that pic is a joke. You don't actually think that's a person, do you? DO YOU?!

As I showed above, there are literally thousands of fragments of Earth-made satellites, landers, heatshields, etc. that have impacted the surface of Mars. If we see a shiny object on THE SURFACE, which is more likely? It's man-made and been there less than 50 years, or it's some sign of ancient life that miraculously made its way to the surface?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Please tell me that pic is a joke. You don't actually think that's a person, do you? DO YOU?!

That pic is not a joke. It's real. And YES I think that it is a person in suit, boots, helmet and its weapon.

or it's some sign of ancient that miraculously made its way to the surface?

This one.

And not so ancient, and not so miraculously.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
The problem with the horned rock, is that whatever is sprouting off it, isn't casting shadows .. That sorta suggests "fakery".

In fact, "The Horn" cast a perfect shadow.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hey Arken, in your 2nd shinny object picture, there is a 2nd picture with it in view:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

half way down, extreme right edge.

Also, in your original one I noticed this:

You have TWO shinny objects.

I looked for a 2nd photo on your first picture, but the only one that comes close, the object is just below the bottom of the frame.

I'm impressed with these....(others not so much...but good job on these).

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

--The shinny object...check. Could be a rock like sandstone or calcium sulfate but shouldn't it be covered in dust like the rest though.
--The "horned" rock...check. Looks like a twig sticking out from that crack. But that can't be, can it? Maybe the way the rock has broken gives it that effect.
--The bug? Can't see anything that even closely resembles a bug. Can you circle it or highlight it in some way?
edit on 5-3-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
critical malfunction = reactor explosion = shiny pieces strewn about...

Just a guess

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I noticed it only when upload the image.
thanks for posting the second.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
I hate these Mars Rover posts, simply because of the comments. Every comment is like, "all I see is rocks
", "nice rocks"....and then some other dumb comments. If all you see is rocks then why bother commenting that same thought EVERY TIME...Then there are those who think its silly to think we could have life on mars. Just gets kind of redundent.

I hate these kind of posts. Self righteous and full of arrogance. Whingey whiney people with nothing better to do than maKe other people feel like they are doing the wrong thing.

So redundant

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
From the bed of the ancient dry lake emerge curious objects... And the first words that came to my mind, are: "What the hell is that!"

Wow, that was fast, Arken! So there it is, your new big mega-thread ... well done & well spotted (though I have some ideas regarding the shiny object in the first pics!)

Naturally, you get a star and a flag! We just can't afford to stop bringing these interesting images to the attention of more people ... so let's not stop looking, investigating and posting! This time, with MSL, it's really worth it, trust me!!

edit on 5-3-2013 by jeep3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

NASA
I just wanted to add my two cents. I don't know if this is Phobos, Diemos, a meteor, or a 747. There is another pic showing a streak that looks like a meteor a few SOLS after this one. I have also seen one of the Mahli images that shows some white coloration on a rock in shadow. I will try to find it later.

edit on 5-3-2013 by VekTorVik because: i'm a goofball

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VekTorVik

NASA
I just wanted to add my two cents. I don't know if this is Phobos, Diemos, a meteor, or a 747. There is another pic showing a streak that looks like a meteor a few SOLS after this one. I have also seen one of the Mahli images that shows some white coloration on a rock in shadow. I will try to find it later.

edit on 5-3-2013 by VekTorVik because: i'm a goofball

this one.

thanks..

Drones on Mars...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am sure they are having a hard time finding places to land these things so "we" don't see something we shouldn't but maybe they failed yet again . Come on Nasa we know things are not as you led us to believe on Mars , just fess up already and show us the "real" pictures....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
I hate these Mars Rover posts, simply because of the comments. Every comment is like, "all I see is rocks
", "nice rocks"....and then some other dumb comments. If all you see is rocks then why bother commenting that same thought EVERY TIME...Then there are those who think its silly to think we could have life on mars. Just gets kind of redundent.

Personally and conversly those are the reasons I read these threads, antagonistic replies spice threads up no end and amazingly Arken has an incredible tolerance in his replies....im waiting for him to crack!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by DaTroof

Thank you for your precious comment.

But I'm not so sure like you...

Someone is still hunting on Mars...

Can you tell me the coordinates where you found that on Mars? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Maybe its debris from another voyager to mars mission by a civilization just as desperate as we are to find evidence of life "out there"
But seriously, since we are in the age of photo manipulation by a click of a button I implore all to take these pictures with a grain of salt, besides the real juicy pics of martians are kept in a top secret bunker printed and locked up, away from the grimy claws of the interweb

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join