It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is easier in jail.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by DaTroof

Add the cost of nutritional supplementation in. That might help tip your scale towards where im at.

And right here is where you lost me.

Eat healthy and you dont need expensive supplements, the rest of us do just fine without them.

Sorry but if you can afford nutritional supplements you cant complain, as someone else pointed out people make $5 an hour and get by.

Its not that you dont make enough you just have your priorities wrong and almost come across like you think your owed something by the world.

Life is good, try looking at it that way. You have food, a job, a roof over your head and extra money in your pocket for leisure activities. You are better off than about 80% of the people on this planet

link   

reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Yeah i mean we have 6 people living in our house as well and the gym membership isnt to run on a treadmill its to a fighting gym so that maybe one day i can do something better then this.

Rocky didn't train in a gym and he became world champion.

Well he did for Rocky III but he lost that one.

link   
reply to post by onequestion

Roids and protein powder? LMAO. You're hopeless. Have fun with your extra empty calories.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Food isnt enough nutrition to recover fast enough. You need vitamin and omega's, and trace minerals. When your on a low calorie low carb diet you need to have the right energy source or you body cannibalizes.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Your clueless dude. How did you deduce roids and protein powder?

Instead of asking what, a question to know for sure, or checking my profile?
edit on 1-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The typical LAZY American response!! Life is easier in jail......Then go back!

Someone grateful can use your job......

You put your bills on here like our bleeding hearts are out for you, that's not the case when you are throwing money down the drain!! Almost $100 a month for an effing gym membership?? Get real......Cell phone bill?? Apparently the only people who care about you are letting you live with them.....If not you wouldn't have started your sob story homeless....

Wow membership?? Supplements??

I am walking away right now as I play the world's smallest violin for you!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I have mounting debt from past car loans and credit cards and other various bills up in and around the 50k mark. I cant afford to pay any of this off so my credit is down the tubes. Its a really crappy situation people are finding themselves in these days.

Those were your own poor choices. Most people don’t burry themselves like that. If you can’t afford it – don’t buy it! You made the mess…clean it up. That’s what responsible people do when they make a mistake…they fix it!

I didnt say i was special im simply stating the fact that this day and age is not forgiving and that people make the choice to go to jail because its better.

Most do go back to jail...recidivism rates are fairly high in many cities. I don’t think it’s a choice to go to jail, I think they are in a similar situation as you and they chose to turn to crime. I’m sure there are a few people who would rather be locked up and get ‘3 hots and a cot’ but what kind of existence is that?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I mean the 30k hospital bill wasnt my choice. The rest of my bills got put on the back burner when i got in trouble which was my fault.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I dont want you to bleed your heart out for me. Its really simple dude... its like this.

This is the state of our economy. If i cant support myself working in a trade then everyone else out there working in a trade cant either. Its more then just me why dont you try looking at the bigger picture.

You have a really small minded approach to how you view what i said. If you inquired more about me personally youd probably understand the point you made against more clearly. If you read more of my responses you might even understand it more then that.

The gym membership and supplements are a shot at a better life. So before you get back in your ivory tower and pass more judgement why dont you simply inquire more for a more properly informed response.
edit on 1-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
PEOPLE do prefer to go to prison. Most people i met in jail enjoyed being there.

Im simply stating why they enjoyed being there.

If you cant understand that then oh well. Others will understand the point.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I envy your luck in finding such a career. Benjamin Franklin ( my favorite person) was in your trade. He did quite well of course. It is an honorable trade. Listen to Dave Ramsey on the radio. Take his course if you can swing it. I believe you should count yourself lucky to be honest. W.O.W. is a stressful video game, given the number of brats playing it. You could choose better than that and not pay monthly for it. Beans and rice are healthy and cheap. Living like a rock star is for when you retire. Not for every day living. I believe you are doing fine and just can't see it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by DaTroof

Thats the problem is i eat healthy.

You would know that if you checked my profile.

Your profile says you're a pro fighter. I know MMA fighters don't make much on the local scene but if you're fighting regular you should be suplimenting your income. Guys around here start @ $500 and $500 ($500 to show and $500 extra for a win), so even if you lose, that's an extra $500 per month if you fight once per month.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bro, supplement with a good Vitamin that's all. As far as a gym membership is concerned. How's this... Go to Pandora Radio make a free account. You obviously have a computer so you must have speakers. JAM OUT while doing Push-ups/sit-up/squats/leg lunges come on man you were in jail what did you do for a past time when the gates of your not leaving here shut?

I see some very valid responses in how to deal with this situation. You can do this! Heck all American who had any money prior 9/11 woke up broke the next day and we are still not recovered.

We are working with the same barrel of apples my man. Stiffin up that upper lip and make the choices that will better your journey here on this blue marble called Earth~

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Oh yeah i agree. Ive obviously stiffened my upper lip.

Working 50 hours a week and training 3 hours a night isnt a joke.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
First, get rid of the gym membership. You can run, do sit ups, push ups, all kinds of exercise, without all that fancy equipment.
Look for a less expensive phone plan.

www.pcmag.com...
The 10 Best Cheap Prepaid Phone Plans You've Never Heard Of

Just those 2 will save you some money and I bet you can find several other things you don't just have to have. Getting ahead means sacrifice and you need to start.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Switch to a prepaid phone. I have unlimited everything for 55 a month.

Cut the gym membership, at least until you are in a better position to afford it. There are other ways to get your exercise, be creative.

You can cut that food bill as well. I feed a family of five on less than that.

Not trying to nitpick, just trying to help.

link   
reply to post by seabag

Yeah exactly. Thats where im getting to but i have to get back into a fighting shape in order to have that start happening again. This ordeal for lack of a better term has been going on for a few years and now that its taken care of i can get back on track.

link   

You mention the gym is an investment and you plan on using it to draw an income then you mention fighting gym, so are you thinking of becoming a pro fighter or debt collector?

I read the OP thinking "OK this guy made a mistake but hes done his time and now wants to make a go of it but is finding it tough" Im now thinking you sound like a thug with a chip on his shoulder, get rid of your membership, you dont need it to stay healthy, youll save on your supplements as well by the sound of it. Any job where you need to fight adds nothing to society. Do the hard yards with your printing thing and actual be someone who contributes something worthwhile.

You officially have nothing to complain about and are basically just having a whinge.

EDIT: your an apprentice, your not in your trade till you finish it. Stop complaining

edit on 1/3/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

link   
And in regards to World of Warcraft. There are Free To Play games that deliver the same goods, same UI same scenerios w/ a $0 money spent. Except in there cash store.... Then even I have to buy something.... Errrrr..... It's a bad habit... I actually don't play MMO's anymore because it's a waste of time and I'd rather LVL Fishing, Crafting, and any other real life skill in real time playing the real game... ^_^ Shhnoooogins~

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

You may be right about wow thats for sure. Ive already comment on the gym membership. Its kind of like paying for school.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join