It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is easier in jail.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

I think people have lost their ability to relate and thats apart of the problem with this world. Some people get it and some people dont.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

Yeah thats the point. I moved so i have to get into the community where im at and i have to be there to do it. Thanks.

I enjoy trolls sometimes. To me trolls are like bullies.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The only thing I get is that you are wining for something you shouldn't. You don't pay any rent, you have been given a chance to work somewhere. Yes, it's not the dream job you want. But many people are in that situation. Yes, it's not a lot what you get but this is your situation, regardless of your past. Lot's of people live on the street, having nothing at all. You don't seem to be near that situation. My advice is, just take what you get, in a couple of years you will be able to move up, again, regardless of your past. Be glad you've been given a change

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Seabag its good to know others in the business are on ATS. It takes a serious individual to be involved in fighting and survive for more then a year or two. Appreciate the understanding and what youve post here.

To be clear, I’m not a fighter! My partner and I run a MMA gym and manage fighters on our fight team. We’ve also dabbled in promotion doing our own ammy events locally. It’s a tough business, bro! Not to crush your dreams but 90%+ of fighters won’t make it far financially, even if you’re really well rounded. The pay isn’t there compared to boxing (and it likely won’t be) and there’s only a handful of promotions that pay worth a crap. Making it to a big show is like trying to get a seat on a bus when there are 500,000 others waiting for those same 30 seats, too.

Best of luck! If I was you I’d get in there and make some money while you’re young and healthy so you can dig your way out of that hole a little faster. If you’re good, you can earn a few G’s per month even locally. Our oldest fighter is 41 years old!! He’s 11-6 as a pro and his last purse was $2,000/$1,500.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Running that press is harder then you think. It requires serious attention to detail and A LOT of knowledge.

I'm not saying that its not difficult work, what I'm getting at is, do you think its harder doing your one compartmentalized job, or say, managing the entire business?

Its not easy.

Neither is going to school, starting a business, managing a company etc..You know, all those other things people do for a living.

Its also the most rewarding thing ive ever done in my life and that doesnt mean externally and with money.

And thats a good thing, we all need activities in our lives that are mentally rewarding, but we also have to be realistic.

If it wasnt for fighting trust me id be on a much harder path. Fighting teaches you more about yourself then anything in the world.

Interesting...wasn't fighting the reason you're now a convicted felon?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Yes its a double edged sword.

What im saying is if it wasnt for fighting i wouldnt have had any focus in my life. I made a really stupid mistake thats what got me the problem, not fighting.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I'm not saying that its not difficult work, what I'm getting at is, do you think its harder doing your one compartmentalized job, or say, managing the entire business?

Thats true. The next step may be taking some business classes on the weekend if i can afford it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The new digital presses for wrap don't require to much from the person and at volumes of 50,000 impressions or less is cheaper than flexo and quality is better. You might want to start looking into a new line of work in the years to come because it won't be long before flexo takes a back seat to digital printing. I purchase tons and tons of wrap for trading cards and I see flexo becoming a thing of the past in years down the road.

I wish you the best of luck and sometimes I think jail would be better...If only they let ladies come visit you... that is the reason why I am out on the jail stuff... not into sausage.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Check out this thread i read on ATS.... this really ties in well with what im saying.

Americans see biggest monthly income drop in 20 years..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Thats the spirit

Educate yourself, diversify your knowledge base and skills, and you will see more and more opportunities present themselves in life.

If you look at most successful people, they tend to have multiple streams of income, not putting all of their eggs in one basket.

If I have come off rude or anything like that, I apologize, I'm going through a situation at the moment with my brother in law who feels everything is owed to him and he deserves a $100k a year job (he never graduated HS, has a child he only see's once a week, has only had one job 6 yeaqrs ago delivering pizza, etc.).

I hope the best for you. Just keep a good head on your shoulders, keep your nose clean and set goals, and nothing can stop you

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Your first post was strong but i gave you the benefit of the doubt. Youve added pretty constructively so i cant blame you for anything. Thanks for the input!

Sometimes its hard to get people to see the bigger picture and you gotta really put yourself out there to do it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes, you work in a skilled trade, but you are an apprentice, not a journeyman. You aren't skilled yet. You are effectively in school and getting paid for it. That's pretty cool. I know a lot of people that would give their eye teeth to be in your position and have a job with such opportunity. You are the gofer now, but if you stick with it you'll be making twice as much in a few years.

How are you supposed to make it? Like everyone else. You are making $26K a year. That's not a tremendous amount, but it's doable. As others have pointed out, you've got a lot of slop in your budget. A few minor lifestyle changes and you could cut an easy 20%. You seem unwilling to do that, lashing out at those of us who made suggestions to you. That's where your attitude is hurting you. The choices are right there in front of you, but you won't take them. If this belligerant attitude comes out at work, you won't be keeping that job long either.

Seems to me you're about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

$80 a month for a Gym? Seriously? I can think of many that are $10-$20. You are getting ripped off here. As for WoW, I think we all know that's kind of a waste, unless it really is therapeutic for you...can't see your housemates approving of that bill though.... Plenty of cheaper cell phone options too.

Personally, unless jail time has something intrinsically related to the job, I think it needs to be illegal for them to ask, if you've done your time. Otherwise, it isn't really rehabilitation, now is it?

Skilled trade making $13 an hour? Kind of rip off there too... I'd recommend more like construction, plumbing, or electrician, etc. for an apprenticeship...

Wanna cut the gas bill, get a Scooter or Motorcycle (and in most cases, you don't need insurance...check your state).

The new digital presses for wrap don't require to much from the person and at volumes of 50,000 impressions or less is cheaper than flexo and quality is better. You might want to start looking into a new line of work in the years to come because it won't be long before flexo takes a back seat to digital printing. I purchase tons and tons of wrap for trading cards and I see flexo becoming a thing of the past in years down the road.

Some companies have already gone to some almost completely automated facilities in this industry, so wise words of advice.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I dont want you to bleed your heart out for me. Its really simple dude... its like this.

This is the state of our economy. If i cant support myself working in a trade then everyone else out there working in a trade cant either. Its more then just me why dont you try looking at the bigger picture.

You have a really small minded approach to how you view what i said. If you inquired more about me personally youd probably understand the point you made against more clearly. If you read more of my responses you might even understand it more then that.

The gym membership and supplements are a shot at a better life. So before you get back in your ivory tower and pass more judgement why dont you simply inquire more for a more properly informed response.
edit on 1-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

You wanna know why you can't get paid a lot of money in your "trade"?

Because you are an effin convicted FELON!!!

If I paid a regular person $25 an hour doing what you do, I would take a shot with you at $13.......You aren't making money because of your decisions.....You live with them now, and you face the repurcussions of those decisions.....

Again, your sob story is nothing short of a joke.....You mismanage your money each month.....You have your priorities all out of whack......And you have the nerve to call me simple minded?? Look in the mirror about what you are talking about...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Clearly people dont read the thread.

Enjoy your high horse where your a perfect person living a perfect life.

Noone in my position makes 25 an hour. Thats the point. Just more ignorance spewing out of your post.
edit on 1-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ya, try raising 4 kids on that, with health insurance at $525 per month.

Shop only sale grocery items items, hamburger helper 10 for $10 etc, (instead of $2.89 per box), I bought a side of beef from local feedlot for $1.10 per pound (cow had a broken a broken leg, emergency processing) instead of $4 lb hamburger and $8 lb steak etc.

Internet coupons! For everything from clothes to groceries, to small appliances. Find the sales/specials.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I sympathize with you. I couldnt even imagine that.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I didnt say i was special im simply stating the fact that this day and age is not forgiving and that people make the choice to go to jail because its better.

It's a good thing that they make it easy to live a fruitful life after you commit a violent felony otherwise more people would want to go to jail?

You made a bad decision, you have to live with it. Life is full of choices. You want to make more money, find out where you can make a lot for physical labor. Oil rigs? Move South and live in a tent, read up in the survival forum and you could live free for awhile. Not comfortable, but free.

I commented in your other thread as well, I am a firm believer in you have to own your own decisions. You are claiming to do so, but then you come on here complaining about how rough you have it. You could have walked away instead of punching.

Edit: You make a craptonne of money if you are just supporting yourself. I made $19,500 a year working 3 jobs when I was younger taking care of 2 kids and my loser ex-wife. Oh yah, rent was $700 a month.
edit on 1-3-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That's because you lack responsibility and have no idea how to contribute to you community.

Change your life or stay off my street, life is unfair, get used to it.

I've been in jail many times and doing just fine.

Be accountable for you actions and move on!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

BTW , jail is easier because your used to it. Funny how that works huh?
Go to church, make a friend, beat an immigrant to a low paying job. Cash or not.
To me it seems your heart is in the wrong place and your giving up

... What a waste to the slavery of....living

Whew. You sound like my kids
edit on 1-3-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spelling

Okay, too ease up a bit. It's sad to see that some in Anchorage
commit crimes so that have a place to sleep and three hot meals,
But that reasons that got them there, 90% of them made the that
choice to have that life, I will not cry for them, yet I won't let them drown.
Jail sucks, but it's just a challenge from your higher power making
you work hard to be a better person
edit on 1-3-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join