It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by Galadriel

It is funny how this thread took a life of it's own, with hardly any ( I saw None, actually) Negativity aimed at the OP.
It was a positive energy thread of the highest caliber, touching so many.

That has become a rare occasion, when someone can just express themselves openly. I find it very impressive that so many people were drawn to it! Everyone has that weight on there shoulders they just want to let go of.

Originally posted by jacygirl
I am a person who NEEDS to feel connected to others....it seems I'm not alone in that.
I have loved reading everyones' responses and I believe that kindred spirits will always find each other.

Everyone wants that connection! Just a matter on when they want to feel it or not.

I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. (John 8:12).

Not meaning to preach

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

They never pulled me in before, and perhaps it was simply timing.

It was timing. I became interested in a lot of the stories, well at least the ones I was able to read. I found in every one of them the feelings were of the same origin. A lot of them were the feeling of being trapped somehow. I find that really impressive.

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I dont know any of you, (who feel the same), absolutely nothing about any of you. Yet i feel a deep connection to all of you. And even though i have a family, ive no longer feel lonely (because of this feeling) anymore.

It feels awesome does it not? There has been a great vibe to the whole thread! I hope it stays around and more and more people can find it.

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by starshift

I also think it's important to keep it alive, as some new people will eventually join and find this extraordinary source of community gathering that has had a heart warming effect on a lot of us.

The thread was a good ice breaker for a lot of people; you can discover similarities in different stories which puts them at and allows them to open up. Instead of being ridiculed and eaten alive.

All in all this has been a fun ride. I am glad to see so many people able to open up and connect on a peaceful scale. Even just by lurking I was drawn to a lot of the stories and found my self smiling by them. There is a connection to all of us and like I have said it is just a matter of when one wants to find out.

Give the rest time!
They will come.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Son! you absolute swine you!! your "blinking Gary" avater made me C**p myself, i thought i was going mad, When did you add the blinking?

On topic, ive been in work all day, and its so great to see thread still alive. Im not sure it will die yknow, i think its blessed, seriously.
Im just sad that i had to spend the last 45 years alone,

Smylee, are you Ok?, are you alright?, if you want to share your experience then i can honestly say your amongst friends.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I forgot to mention, does anyone know why this has been moved to BTS, chit chat? I thought it met the criteria for ATS personal stories really well, but what do i know , im not a mod .

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Its been moved to BTS because of you

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Son! you absolute swine you!! your "blinking Gary" avater made me C**p myself, i thought i was going mad, When did you add the blinking?

On topic, ive been in work all day, and its so great to see thread still alive. Im not sure it will die yknow, i think its blessed, seriously.
Im just sad that i had to spend the last 45 years alone,

Smylee, are you Ok?, are you alright?, if you want to share your experience then i can honestly say your amongst friends.

Thanks hon.

I'm okay. We've been trying to get pregnant for a few years now, just underwent a new treatment and it didn't work. Moneys tight so that may be the end of that dream.

But I'm not going to focus on what I lack, but on what I have: a wonderful husband and an outrageously kooky son. And who knows? We're looking into adopting a child, so that's always an option.

I love seeing how folks are keeping tabs with each other....good vibrations.....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Its been moved to BTS because of you

Haha.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It was made by Zarniwoop in the Avatar Creations thread...pretty cool isn't it ?
I love it !!

To be very honest, I don't think this thread will die. On the contrary, I think it will gain a steady momentum throughout the year. This is one of the finest of the finest since this new year began and there are still new participants joining in the discussion.

It would be a shame to see it die. I don't think that anyone who has participated so far has anticipated that it would explode as such. So much the better !!!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't find your reply morbid at all. I feel the exact same way. The waiting is the worst. During the decades of waiting for "something" things in the world have gotten worse, not better. I am so freaking tired of waiting. I started working on projects around the house in September 2012. Around November 2012, I have the urgency to complete my projects has become overwhelming. I will start a project, e.g., tile the floor, and become obssessed with getting it finished to the point of starting at 8 am and working through to 1 am the next morning, and all weekend, after work, non stop. The urgency is connected to having things be in order before the "something" I am waiting for arrives, happens, whatever. Honestly, I am sick of it but can't seem to stop. And the urgency is not going away. As soon as I finish one project, I start another. I hope this "something" happens soon because I am making myself sick preparing for "it."

OP, nice post. S&F

Blessings,
Yesterday

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I forgot to mention, does anyone know why this has been moved to BTS, chit chat? I thought it met the criteria for ATS personal stories really well, but what do i know , im not a mod .

Where was this post originally? Chit chat seems to trivialize the tremendous outpouring that occurred here. And clearly the shared "sensation" is something far beyond an everyday topic? I know we're "chatting" more now, but 90 percent of the thread seems to have been outright sharing and adding layering to the sensation/thoughts.

Just wondering. Every day I peek here and every day I am happy to see someone posting.

Smylee - also, I read your "news" and felt your blue-ness about it, but, for what it's worth, I felt really positve for you -- as if tthis is not an end but a beautiful beginning point -- that will bring you "smiles" in the future. Not sure exactly what or how, but that is what I felt.

And - Son of the Sun (sp?) that blinking eye - caught me off guard! I love the avatar as is, and it has now become, well, a bit "flirtatious"
r "I have a secret" in nature. Love it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I think it may be the case of being put into GCC, that it's not as specific, and there won't be as many off-topic posts that Mods will have to deal with.

You have to admit this thread has covered a fairly broad range of what this 'feeling' is, it's hard to pin down as being something specific to the reader.

I guess it could be anything from waiting for the end times, to ascension, hell it could even be waiting for the aliens to show up and tell us Obama is a reptilian from Orion.
With that in mind, GCC would save a lot of hassle and allow the people posting here to wander a little without being slapped with a OT sticker.

Just my 2c.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am compelled to add this video to this thread.

My favorite verse: You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one; I hope someday you will join us, and the world will be one.

edit on 5-3-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

edit on 5-3-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I sincerely hope this doesn't come off as sounding selfish, and that it does nothing to damage the good will and spirit of this topic, as I love seeing topics like this where everyone is both civil and well intentioned toward one another. Something we need more of on ATS - and in life - in my opinion.

But reading some people's replies, it strikes me that I wish I could share in the feeling of belonging and meaning that many seem to be deriving from this topic. While I participated in it and am open to the possibility of some significance behind it, I'm also too open to other more mundane explanations for these apparent commonalities to be anything other than skeptical of any inferences we might draw from them.

As I've lamented in other topics, this uncertainty (which runs through my life in many other situations and subjects) is a great source of sadness for me at times. On the one hand I love the fact that everyone has come together to express a similar sentiment. But on the other, I can't bring myself to fully believe it actually means anything. I wish I could.

Certainly no fault on the part of the topic or its participants. I just wish I could feel about it the way others seem to. Anyhow. Just some musings.

Peace.
edit on 3/6/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

It was in ATS personal stories, im sure of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

It might not be seen as much now its in BTS, however it may get a whole new audience. It doesnt matter anyway, we know where it is, and those meant to find it, will find it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Im sorry you say you dont feel it, its a very deep,pronounced and it seems uncommon feeling. But the fact that your on the thread, says volumes. Hey, dont worry your in the "cool kids" gang now.

If its any consolation, i dont think you have very long too wait. Its in the post.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I originally put it in the Gray Area.

Interestingly, although the companion thread with the questionnaire was closed because of asking personal info, it wasn't deleted.

Things that make you go.....hmmmmm......

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Smyleegrl, I noticed your signature today as I was reading the latest comments posted here, it said:

Sometimes your joy can be the source of a smile but sometimes a smile can be the source of your joy. --- Thich Nhat Hanh

and thought how this thread has become such a source of my joy. Thich Nhat Hanh is one of my favorite teachers and the gift he bestowed on me is in the simple phrase title of one of his books, PEACE IS EVERY STEP.

As a child, I waited on ''them'' to come and get me, take me home, explain this mess called Earth, (Them being the UFOs, aliens, Space Brothers, Creators, that peeked in on me during childhood from time to time) The KNOWING I had then was 100% that by the time I was 21 they would come. They did, but didn't take me ''home'', instead I had what could only be described as a Download of Information into my brain/soul that only can be accessed in times of great need it seems. The Information sits within me, WAITING for the Moment of Usefulness and I have learned to accept it as part of who I am, I don't make any claims as to its worth or great importance, just that I know when the Time comes for its proper use it will Unfold from within me to be useful.

Needless to say, I didn't have a ''normal'' childhood and the WAITING MODE affected the outcome of who I am today in many ways, and I can honestly say it has been part and parcel of making me HONOR EACH MOMENT IN TIME.

Sometimes it would be unbearable and I would get depressed that this is how it was unfolding in my life, instead of a big Close Encounters type ending, I was just given a shot that slowly released it's ''medicine' information at crucial times in my life. One of those times was my finding Thich Nhat Hanh and the book Peace is Every Step,

I was having a rough time 'waiting', was impatient and didn't know how to manage my time and my Library angel tossed this book to me. In it Mindfulness is taught simple and pure, and the great lesson I learned was mindfulness of each moment. He wrote, if you are Washing Dishes, WASH DISHES! I know it sounds silly, but it is not as simple as it sounds with all the clatter we have tossing salad in our brains, so I took myself to task and said,,, can't be that hard and found out WHO I AM.

Our Focus tends to be either past or future oriented, when our true Higher Self Nature is ONLY IN THE MOMENT. Washing dishes became something more for me,, I even stopped using the Dishwasher to really get the lesson and to this day wash dishes by hand..

The Reason.
It Taught me to know the NOW moment.
Usually when we wash dishes, do mundane tasks, our minds are elsewhere ''multitasking" we call it. There is no such thing, the Mind can ONLY THINK ONE THOUGHT AT A TIME. So the work was in being able to wash dishes without thinking of paying bills, whats so and so doing, etc, it was about being FULLY IN THE MOMENT and Washing Dishes.

The Power of Life seems to be locked in theAwareness of each Moment, mindfulness, and I tapped into this early enough that it has been a guiding factor of my life, to be mindful of Each Moment, instead of living in the future or past.
I don't know why, but I know when I had my first ''BIG" UFO experience and the ''download'' into my mind was performed the only words I heard spoken by them was from a feminine voice that before the experience had said, "WE ARE HERE NOW". I remembered her 'voice' from childhood telling me to be patient. After the experience in 1980 I trailed off into deconstruction of my beliefs and the event and I got to a place where I wondered if I had created a thoughtform/tulpa that came to life because of my Deep Wish for contact.

Just when I determined I had created it all out of my own mind,, they returned. This time , in 1982, I heard her voice again say "WE ARE HERE NOW" and I ran outside on a clear September day to see the strangest thing I have ever seen in my life. A Solid Black rhomboid rectangular Black Box hung silently in the blue sky over the pine trees near where I lived.

To Let me KNOW THEY ARE REAL,, not figments of our collective imagination, or solitary psychosis the reappeared to confirm their solidity and 'realness' then were gone.

Since then the ONE TOOL I have is Mindfulness.
I can't perpetually WAIT anymore, my wait is now mindful of each second, because I have be taught that OUR POWER IS NOW (which remind me if anyone is interested to tell about the Gold Faced Being who taught me that)
NOW IS where the energy to create resides, and even though we may not Know exactly what we are waiting for to arrive, we must be Mindful so we don't miss the MOMENTS that proceed the 'arrival'.

Just so you know, I am NOT saying the Mothership is coming for us at all. I am just tryiing to stress the importance we all have in making this KNOWING worth it's salt.

SMYLEEGRL,, thanks for Reminding me with this thread of so much!! As someone said earlier it does seemed to be blessed.
SMILE!

edit on 3/6/2013 by EarthCitizen23 because: added a smile

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hey babe, sorry to here your bad news, dont give up though. It took me a good five years to have my second child. So im sending out positive vibes for you,(i never used to say things like that, but i never found a group of people i cared for enough before). Ive gotta reason to buy a lottery ticket now, youll be top of my wishlist.
Im glad in a way that this thread has gone into chit chat, cos it means we can talk about anything really.
In work today, somebody made an issue over something totally petty and i couldnt understand why they went out of their way to upset me.. The older i get and the more experiences i seem to collect, the less i feel like part of this world.
its good to have this thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi!

Just stopped in to bump this thread and anything else that needed...um...er...bumpin...

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join