It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Hi!

Just stopped in to bump this thread and anything else that needed...um...er...bumpin...

So your bumping Symleegrl as well then?
Ooo Matron.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by abeverage
Hi!

Just stopped in to bump this thread and anything else that needed...um...er...bumpin...

So your bumping Symleegrl as well then?
Ooo Matron.

You missed that last part...where I included everything else so watch out TDW!
Matron? Is that like saying HELLOOOOO NURSE?
edit on 6-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I thought i would post this helpful story (not mine), because it struck a cord with me
and maybe it will mean something to you too.

The Awakening by Sonny Carroll

A time comes in your life when you finally get it... When in the midst of all your fears and insanity you stop dead in your tracks and somewhere, the voice inside your head cries out - ENOUGH! Enough fighting and crying, or struggling to hold on. And, like a child quieting down after a blind tantrum, your sobs begin to subside, you shudder once or twice, you blink back your tears and through a mantle of wet lashes, you begin to look at the world through new eyes. This is your awakening... You realize that it's time to stop hoping and waiting for something to change, or for happiness, safety and security to come galloping over the next horizon. You come to terms with the fact that he is not Prince Charming and you are not Cinderella and that in the real world, there aren't always fairy tale endings (or beginnings for that matter) and that any guarantee of "happily ever after" must begin with you and in the process, a sense of serenity is born of acceptance.

You awaken to the fact that you are not perfect and that not everyone will always love, appreciate or approve of who or what you are ... and that's OK. (They are entitled to their own views and opinions.) And you learn the importance of loving and championing yourself and in the process, a sense of new found confidence is born of self-approval. You stop complaining and blaming other people for the things they did to you (or didn't do for you) and you learn that the only thing you can really count on is the unexpected. You learn that people don't always say what they mean or mean what they say and that not everyone will always be there for you and that it's not always about you. So, you learn to stand on your own and to take care of yourself and in the process, a sense of safety & security is born of self-reliance. You stop judging and pointing fingers and you begin to accept people as they are and to overlook their shortcomings and human frailties and in the process, a sense of peace & contentment is born of forgiveness. You realize that much of the way you view yourself and the world around you, is a result of all the messages and opinions that have been ingrained into your psyche.

You begin to sift through all the junk you've been fed about how you should behave, how you should look and how much you should weigh, what you should wear and where you should shop and what you should drive, how and where you should live and what you should do for a living, who you should marry and what you should expect of a marriage, the importance of having and raising children or what you owe your parents. You learn to open up to new worlds and different points of view. You begin reassessing and redefining who you are and what you really stand for. You learn the difference between wanting and needing and you begin to discard the doctrines and values you've outgrown, or should never have bought into to begin with and in the process, you learn to go with your instincts. You learn that it is truly in giving that we receive and that there is power and glory in creating and contributing and you stop maneuvering through life merely as a "consumer" looking for your next fix. You learn that principles such as honesty and integrity are not the outdated ideals of a by gone era, but the mortar that holds together the foundation upon which you must build a life.

You learn that you don't know everything; it's not your job to save the world and that you can't teach a pig to sing. You learn to distinguish between guilt and responsibility and the importance of setting boundaries and learning to say NO. You learn that the only cross to bear is the one you choose to carry and that martyrs get burned at the stake. Then you learn about love. Romantic love and familial love. How to love, how much to give in love, when to stop giving and when to walk away. You learn not to project your needs or your feelings onto a relationship. You learn that you will not be more beautiful, more intelligent, more lovable or important because of the man on your arm or the child that bears your name. You learn to look at relationships as they really are and not as you would have them be. You stop trying to control people, situations and outcomes. You learn that just as people grow and change, so it is with love; and you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy. You learn that alone does not mean lonely.

You look in the mirror and come to terms with the fact that you will never be a size 5 or a perfect 10 and you stop trying to compete with the image inside your head and agonizing over how you "stack up." You also stop working so hard at putting your feelings aside, smoothing things over and ignoring your needs. You learn that feelings of entitlement are perfectly OK and that it is your right, to want things and to ask for the things that you want and that sometimes it is necessary to make demands. You come to the realization that you deserve to be treated with love, kindness, sensitivity and respect and you won't settle for less. You allow only the hands of a lover who cherishes you, to glorify you with his touch and in the process, you internalize the meaning of self-respect. And you learn that your body really is your temple. And you begin to care for it and treat it with respect.

You begin eating a balanced diet, drinking more water and taking more time to exercise. You learn that fatigue diminishes the spirit and can create doubt and fear. So you take more time to rest. Just as food fuels the body, laughter fuels our soul; so you take more time to laugh and to play. You learn that for the most part in life, you get what you believe you deserve and that much of life truly is a self-fulfilling prophecy. You learn that anything worth achieving is worth working for and that wishing for something to happen, is different from working toward making it happen. More importantly, you learn that in order to achieve success you need direction, discipline and perseverance. You also learn that no one can do it all alone and that it's OK to risk asking for help. You learn that the only thing you must truly fear is the great robber baron of all time; FEAR itself. You learn to step right into and through your fears, because you know that whatever happens you can handle it and to give in to fear, is to give away the right to live life on your terms.

You learn to fight for your life and not to squander it living under a cloud of impending doom. You learn that life isn't always fair, you don't always get what you think you deserve and that sometimes bad things happen to unsuspecting, good people. On these occasions, you learn not to personalize things. You learn that God isn't punishing you or failing to answer your prayers; it's just life happening. You learn to deal with evil in its most primal state; the ego. You learn that negative feelings such as anger, envy and resentment must be understood and redirected or they will suffocate the life out of you and poison the universe that surrounds you. You learn to admit when you are wrong and to build bridges instead of walls. You learn to be thankful and to take comfort in many of the simple things we take for granted; things that millions of people upon the earth can only dream about; a full refrigerator, clean running water, a soft warm bed, a long hot shower. Slowly, you begin to take responsibility for yourself, by yourself and you make yourself a promise to never betray yourself and to never ever settle for less than your heart's desire.

You hang a wind chime outside your window so you can listen to the wind, and you make it a point to keep smiling, to keep trusting and to stay open to every wonderful possibility. Finally, with courage in your heart and with God by your side you take a stand, you take a deep breath and you begin to design the life you want to live as best as you can.

edit on 6-3-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

You are very sexy looking you know....

On another note: I'm feeling pretty good this year! Hopefully got some great news to come and maybe i'll post about it here.

Did anyone think my idea about 'our' Government a good one? Why couldn't we assemble our own Government? We have people in this thread from UK, US, AUS etc... I know people dont really like Governments but our Government would be better than the one we may be seeing in the Future!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I tried reading that poem or story but I got lost halfway through it.

What I did read was lovely and true. I never judge anyone because I truly think it is inappropiate. I just recently had a break through with a 'contemplation' session, and it brought on a lot of peace to my mind.

Thanks for sharing, I am going to try and go back and read it without getting lost again!

peace and love
~nat the blue eyed cat~
edit on 6-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

okay I read it. Thanks again friend.
love,love,love
edit on 6-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Thanks for posting. You changed your avatar?
I must say, although it sounds like the "waiting" part doesn't fit the "waiting/expectation" piece in this thread, the rest of the essay (don't think it's a poem) is great and was very helpful to me today as I'm having a really tough day and just dried my tears before logging in here, and of course, immediately checking this wonderful thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Your welcome hope it helped you .
I just thought it might help someone like me that has to get through
some stuff, and struggling a little.

I really hope your day gets better Galadriel and stuff works out for you.
As for my avatar ,i thought i better remove the real picture, and go back to hiding behind
an avatar... I feel safer somehow that way.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Hi friend. Your avatar is beautiful.

I just saw where you had said your not having a good day and just dried your tears.
I actaully just wrote a very short poem for a friend who was down yesterday. Now its for you...

Don't let the ways of this world get you down.
Look to the skies or look around.
This beauty we were given for this short time,
Should be a treasure to share and not all mine.

I dont have any idea what you are going through, and that poem may mean nothing to you. I just can't stand to see when other people are down. I have been down for weeks. I am finally up, but it is like a roller coaster for sure.

Hope everything works out for you.

much peace and much love to you
~nat the blue eyed cat~
edit on 6-3-2013 by natalia because: grammar

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I read it online and pasted it here, perhaps I should not have called-it
a poem, as it is a story really,

Maybe I should edit it and break it into paragraphs for easier reading?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 6-3-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

The Information sits within me, WAITING for the Moment of Usefulness and I have learned to accept it as part of who I am, I don't make any claims as to its worth or great importance, just that I know when the Time comes for its proper use it will Unfold from within me to be useful.

I resonate to what you said. "Moment of Usefulness" -- that's a good way to describe the "expectation/anticipation" feeling I've carried all my life. Feeling that I have a role to play, a job to do, and that I "fit" into an intricate plan with many others who have their own part to play - to change the world.

I would sometimes worry a bit, thinking "I don't know my usefulness role" so to speak, so would I know what to do when the time came? Would something inside me that is just below my mind rise up and be crystal clear in that moment of action?

I have had a couple vivid dreams over my lifetime that pertain to my being one of xx number of people who held a key/code. It often meant I was looking for these other people, and wondering how I would recognize them. Usually, a great calamity, upheaval, situation was happening, people were despairing, afraid, and I was consumed by finding the "other people" knowing they held a piece of the puzzle, the key/code, and together, we made a whole. Those dreams stayed with me all these years.

Oh, and Thich Nhat Hanh is a favorite of mine as well

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thanks for sharing the poem. As a writer and reader of poetry, it is especially special

Just feeling "trapped" for awhile now and getting caught up in work, financial, health issues - and feeling such a desire to start anew. I don't do well in winter, need to be outdoors and in the sun. Spring is coming and I know it will help shift my perspective. I try not to cry - ever - because I did so much earlier in my life through many trials, tribulations and losses, that I think my life now is so much better than in the earlier times that I've no right to cry. My life is so much better than most of the world's population from a job, money, education, housing, health level that I've no right to cry. This I know.

But, sometimes, when I feel trapped by the life I created and I don't have time, energy to do what I long to do (write, create, take care of my self, be in nature, travel, etc.), due to work and responsibilities, I get stressed, tired, and blue. I won't let myself stay there long.

But, this I know. We weren't created to work all day in an office at a computer. At least I wasn't. But that's where I am. My own doing. Only I can change it. Got to figure out how.

Thank you for "listening."

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Follow your heart Galadriel....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Hmmm...I just told a friend today that I feel stuck here. I want to move away so bad. I am stuck because of family. My hubby is the provider so I am the stay at homemaker that takes care of things and our boy.

I get the winter blues as well. Spring is super close and then its camping time!!!

I have cheated death 3 times in my life. There must be a reason for this, I know two reasons are my boy and my little sister.
See my mom passed away May 29, 2011. My sister was only 10, and my dad being a functioning alcoholic in all...well I felt the need to stick around here for awhile.

No problem on reading what your going through. I sympathize with you on feeling trapped and/or stuck. My hubby hates sitting at a desk in front of a computer all day. He does it for me and our boy so we can live 'comfortably' I guess.
Anyway. We all go down but theres only up that we can go from there

peace and love
~nat the cat~

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Galadriel.... I have to say that I really like seeing your Avatar!! It is bright and I know you have a great heart just by your Avatar!

BTW.. How did you get your Avatar so long? I tried with mine to get it to the max but this site just isn't having it.

Stay strong and healthy.... maybe go for a swim!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Does anyone else smell an alien invasion?

Beware the Pleiades, the horrors to come will not be that of man. Man's horrors have been going on for thousands of years. We won't just have natural disasters. Edgar cayce made that aparant as well as every other prophecy. During natural disasters. Events are going on. The seals are being broken and everyone is flipping out.

Aliens are orbiting earth. And people think a guy in a robe is gunna come and slay the aliens? Wouldn't god just swallow them up? I mean he would if he could he was not Yahweh. You know. The true name of god that gave the commandments to moses. Well yahweh is also known as el or elohim or Osiris. or various other names.

To put into terms. God only comes when he wants to, and he is at war with the fallen angels right now. Speculate all you want. Explain the transformer sounds lol.

(even saying transformer sounds is hillarious because Optimus primes name is Orion Pax who flew in a ship called the Orion) We see that in transformers lol. they split up into 2 factions. Which is exactly the story of the people of Orion. They were called the falllen, but the fallen and the fallen angels are different. Anyways. The bad beings from Orion are here influencing the government. You will know such places as skin walker ranch.

You can look up the similarities of jaguars panthers for the constellation Orion. There is a panther temple in mexico, With creation myth saying they are transformers. lol. yeah i know. The movie. how could it be right? pyramid weapon? but yeah, he kind of got it spot on.
edit on 7-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Hey, i will check that video in a minute but maybe you can tel me how you get your avatar to stretch to the limit? As I said above, I tried it but this site aint having it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

check this thread. They can help make an avatar for you .

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Its ok, I did it myself using paint! I was trying to stretch it using 'attributes' instead of 'skew' lol

Nope... still hasn't worked!! I skewed it to the pixel limits but the site is saying its larger than should be...
edit on 7-3-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yeah... that video definately tells me that something weird is going on outside!!

What?

We have seen some stuff but there will probably be more.... or maybe we have witnessed the worse of it!!

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join