It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I meant to post on this right when the thread came out, unfortunately I had to go out of town.

It find it coincidental that you posted this thread when you did. You see, the night before I came to the realization that after living with that feeling most of my life, it was gone. After dwelling on it for a while, I got up and saw this thread. I was utterly tripping out. At first I thought it was a previous thread that had been brought back. Its nice to know that so many people feel or have felt this way.

link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That's kinda cool man. If strange crap starts happening we got your back

link   
reply to post by abeverage

I have literally felt like that for months and it has made me extremely anxious! I have felt like there is a "Spring" coming...I heard it in my head as a kind of thought months ago and it has gotten more and more intense and it just feels like something is just around the corner like the calm before the storm. What I mean by Spring is a Spring of ideas like a Revolution. I have been telling my friends about this "Spring" but they do not seem to feel it and it frustrates me because I feel like I am the only one.

link   
I actually thought about writing a book once about the inevitable clash of culture and technology.

My addition to the story was that it had all happened before (an advanced civilization), and before the final clash, they imprinted the memory, and the lessons learned, genetically through faith-based means.

Because of the nature of the technology, the full genetic memory was revealed on rare occasion, resulting in various religious figures to whom the lesson was as clear as day.

As EM fields from electronic products start to become more prominent, it slowly triggers the genetic programming as a warning of sorts.

Always thought it was a fun take on things.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

I don't think this thread was created for answers. It was created for contact with others of like feeling. It serves to draw people together so that they can share and expound upon these similar feelings and helps to connect people.

So I'm not sure where your dis-contention with this thread stems from. It's a very good thread, that has brought many people forward to share personal details about their persona. Not only that, I've seen not just a few, but many new members join ATS just because of this thread or at least become active after a long silence because of this thread. That in itself speaks volumes as to it's worth.

I'm wondering, are you jealous?

Peace,
Cirque

link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I apologized for any toes that got underfoot. I do not mean to offend and I sure dont mean this for every poster. How many times to I have to state that ? In the meantime. What answers are you garnering from each other ? Who is going away from this thread knowing what they are waiting for and why ?

No apologizes necessary, hon.

As for what we are gaining from this thread....perhaps just the simple knowledge that others feel this same, inexplicable sensation? The realization that we are not alone.....which is amazingly gratifying.

link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

Those books are fiction meant to entertain not educate. Look I think Michael Chichton was a great researcher but I would not build an airplane just on what I read in "Airframe" or assume that I understand cloning from reading Jurassic Park.

What's wrong with you? Are you some type of mutant troll sent from the depths of hell where TPTB called upon you to derail this thread? Well, you failed. Those stories shared ideas, they conveyed emotions. Those are aspects of every human, those are aspects of the members involved in this thread. How dare you attempt to counsel me on the rationality of stories and their messages. I hope you are not truly as cold-hearted and ignorant as your words irrefutabily show.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I receive telepathic messages all the time so you could be right...I hope you are because that is rather soon!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Define normal.

The average of the standard. Take the acceptable behavior of society, the entirety of society's standards, and then take the average of what is actually observed at any given time frame. That is what is considered "normal".

That came across as very mathematical. It was actually a very concise definition.

If the standard of a society though is varied from region to region, like the U.S., that definition is very hard to come by. What's normal behavior, or their ways of seeing things, for people in Montana is going to be different from people in NYC simply because their ways of life are different. If you've grown up in different regions of the country, or have had family influence that strongly reflects the norm from different regions or cultures, you're going to absorb a little of all of those. In that regard I guess, the way you see things is going to be outside the norm from anyone else who hasn't led that "gypsy" lifestyle.

Make sense?

(This has turned out to be a pretty cool thread.)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

(This has turned out to be a pretty cool thread.)

You just never know, do ya?

(Said with my best Southern drawl)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I used to feel that way. Then I got married. Now I am exactly what I need to do. i was doing things before but now i feel that I have a goal.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

YES! this right here...

close encounters of the third kind.
you know the people that went to the mountain when the ufo's showed up?
in the weeks and days leading up to that event they had a feeling of something they couldnt explain?
an anticipation of an event, that something is going to happen.
well for them something did happen. the ufo's and aliens turned up.
they were drawn to the mountain, not knowing why. or what.
well the feeling we have is similar to this, but to a lesser extent.
for me its certainly not as strong as they had in the film. otherwise i'd go nuts!
we dont know why or what. but we have it too.
its not everyday, its not overwhelming.
but its there, lurking.
its not alien contact, or some sort of signal.
aaaaaaaaaaaah its hard to explain. grrrrrr

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Glad to see I am not alone.

I am 30, going on 19. I first recognized this feeling when I was 6 or 7 and it has persisted ever since. I have a lot of fun and never worry that I've missed whatever it is I am "waiting" for. I thoroughly enjoy my life, but the feeling of waiting never ceases. Ever since first recognizing the feeling it was obvious that whatever it is, IT is BIG and there will be no doubt as to my mission when the time comes. I trust the path of least resistance - it has yet to fail me and I believe will lead me where I need to go.

Cool thread, thanks for starting it!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Maybe we are all gathered here for a reason..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I posted early on in this thread to say I had always felt this "waiting game" ..but I feel a few people have taken the word "waiting" literal and mistaken that for meaning those who feel this have a passive outlook in life. Personally I have never been passive about life and I am not waiting for a life changing experience....I have had several of those on a personal level. I very much think of myself and infact proven over and over that I am the kind of person who "make's thing's happen". If something in my life need's change....I change it. If something in my life need's to be done I make it happen! I am not a victim of life.

I have seen lot's of things that need change and lot's of thing's that are unfair...I have worked in soup kitchen's with the homeless, I have worked with drug addict's, prostitute's and given practical help to a number of cause's I am passionate about. I'm not going to get specific but at the moment I am actually in the process of fighting against a company that dealt with me in an illegal and fraudulent manner and I have already been successful in getting back money taken from me by this company who committed fraud...if any other action is taken against them will be for the court's to decide.

I'm not trying to get any kind of pat on the back...the point I am making is that I am not passively sat here waiting for that "something" I have always felt will happen...I stand up in the here and now and make thing's happen!

But the point of this particular " waiting game" is that it's not a physical waiting...it's not something you can make happen. For me personally it's not that I am waiting for a life changing experience...it's the feeling that "something" is going to happen that will change the whole world and I have always felt I will be here to see it.

If I'm being completely honest I have never felt like it would be a good experience on the face of it...and that it would be challenging on a grand scale...but yet I have never dreaded it.

Have I had an easy life? No, like many other's...but I do not suffer from depression. Infact in some way's this feeling give's me some comfort in that I tend to stress less about lot's of thing's because I feel that most negative things that happen in my life will all be revealed to mean crap all in the grand scheme of thing's to come!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

YES! this right here...

in the weeks and days leading up to that event they had a feeling of something they couldnt explain?
for me its certainly not as strong as they had in the film. otherwise i'd go nuts!
but its there, lurking.

Exactly! It's just enough of a feeling, lurking in the shadows of our minds; we cannot make out what it is, but we know it's something, and it's definitely there, waiting, as we wait.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
while I feel we are on the precipice of something. I also feel that I have beenw aiting my whole life for folks to examine their own motivations as much as they examine others..

why.. it would take years.. all I know for sure is what I have learned.. for instance... you may not have any control over a broken back...

bt you have the choice of how you deal with it

You haven't chosen to be in this quandry..but only you can give you the answers you are seeking

The endless search of humankind for something outside of themselves to make them happy leaces one simple fact at odds with life..

you were not promiused happy... you got life.. it's your choice what to do with it

I look at things oddly but then those of us who have walked difficult roads in the past have a unique perspective...
Some folks think life is about being happy all the time.. I don't I think it's about finding a way to learn , make a difference and not to get so into your own path that you miss the lessons of the folks who walk different ones..

we have been programmed into this anal retentive self absorvbed nonsense by the advertsising world... there is more to life than what is on tv and the net..some of it isn't made better by dissection..some of it is simplt for appreciating. I don't ponder what is gonna happen to much.. cause I know in my own case what that is.. I ponder why we all do what we do..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessSerena
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Maybe we are all gathered here for a reason..

here to this thread?
i would say yes, definitely.
maybe we are drawn to this thread like they were drawn to the mountain in the film

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

YES! this right here...

but its there, lurking.

This is my favorite movie and as synchronicity has it was just mentioning yesterday...
But yeah it is A LOT LIKE THAT! LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Yes, me too,, couldn't wait to get home to look at this thread, fascinating in response!
OK, went to bed after posting, (no one responded so far! ) didn't have time to read this morning, and come back to find this many posts to this thread,, amazing! So we all have to agree this stikes a cord! Reading from page 12 now. Have not peeked yet at the last page yet! Will be back,, many pages later.
Thanks for the Great thread.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join