It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dgwest7

Tomorrow always comes. We just re name it "today". When I told the kids that Christmas is tomorrow it came or they would have been sad little babies.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by GoldenOne23
I have always felt the same way. My whole life. I am only 20, when i found out about all of this I was only 17, aince thwn my life had drastically changed. Every day it feels closer and to see all the things that were predicted years ago coming true, its just unnerving. To my understanding, some people were ment to be knowledge seekers and some were definately not. There are people I know that just will not accept the fact that something is wrong with our world, they act so blind. I've tried and tried to tell them and warn them and they treat me like I'm crazy. So, typically I stopped trying years ago. Now I am back to the point where it feels so close an I feel so drawn to keep pumping them with the obvious. The sad part most of these people are true believers and strong Christians. It seems like it is so hard for them to take in, like they do not want to believe this could be the end. My father is one of those people, all I want to do is keep my family safe. I want to make a game plan, a way to survive and all he wants to do is act like everything is okay. Why do people deny the truth? It just kills me that they cannot feel what I feel. The need to be prepared. I have a baby and a husband, I want him to be safe and a guarantee of survival.

What things predicted years ago are coming true ? You stopped trying to get your point across years ago and you're only 20 ? Didnt give it much of a shot did you ?

Leave the kid alone, karen. I know you want examples, but if you would only emphasize and open your mind a bit you may be able to understand that she is obviously referencing some dream, feeling, or intuition that she had at a younger age. Please remember that our age and "time" here is only relative; as each year passes, people view themselves at their apex of knowledge and experience, which is the cause of naivety. Instead of blasting a young thinker, a growing mind, don't you think it would be more productive to use your intelligence to aid the kid, rather than miniscule her attempts at understanding the world around her?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

When you became conscious ? You weren't born conscious? WTH..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

In response to your post:
TIme has felt as if it is speeding up, more and more each year, and now each month and week and day. I've noticed it for about two decades...and it is so noticeable now that many not yet awake folks in my life are noticing that the seasons fly by increasingly faster - and it's not about technology or iphones or our busy lives.

I do far less now each day than I did in the late 80s, early 90s - because the hours whip by and I can't seem to get anything more accomplished before the moon rises. Back then I took care of a young child, commuted on buses (instead of driving now, which cuts commute time way down), worked tons of hours, came home on the bus and still had time for dinner, doing college studying (I went to school in my 20s), interacting and playing with my child, talking with friends on the phone, exercising, taking my son to sports, etc. etc. Now, I get up and before know it, I'm laying down to sleep. It's not age either -- it's time. It's weird.

link   

All my life I've had this feeling of.....waiting. For what? I do not know. I only know that it feels as if something's out there, and I'm at the mercy of its timeline.
reply to post by smyleegrl

I don't know how I missed this thread till today
I'm the same age as you smyleegrl and have had that waiting feeling too. I rationalize it by the brushes with death I have had and walked away from. Doing something stupid as a teen I almost shot myself and the gun didn't go off although it should have. That and a couple of other incidents over the years have me convinced I am meant to do something. Sounds campy to me so I can just imagine what anyone reading this will think, but hey if I'm wrong then my luck has kept me alive when I should have been toast. Still I can't help but think I have to do something before I am allowed to pass on. Though what I must do eludes me.

link   
So 28 pages or so and I have to ask. Has anyone figured out what you all are waiting for yet ? Are we getting close to an answer yet? Just asking. I've been reading on and off since early today.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion
edit on 25-2-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Mortalhelix

Originally posted by Serdgiam

Originally posted by ProjectAlice
I've been reading this website for a long time, but I've never in my life heard anyone else ever bring up this subject so I was compelled to register and reply. I too have felt this my entire life, going back as far as I can remember. (maybe 6 years old?) I'm 46 now. (Blood type is A+) That feeling of waiting... that something massive is going to happen and I'm going to be there when it does and I will have a purpose there.

You might be happy to know that this is a recurring theme here on ATS. Some of the threads take slightly different directions, but there are many saying the same thing.

I am sure if you do a search for things like "strange feeling" etc you will find some of the threads that have been posted in these regards. I think there have been several with "Do You Feel It?" in the title.

I see quite a bit of confirmation bias present in such threads, but I think the feeling is accurate as there is almost always that "something" for each generation. Some of the bigger ones, in no specific order, have been the General Theory of Relativity, Firearms, Fire, Agriculture, and many more. I have no doubt that all of these changed life significantly and there will undoubtedly continue to be these amazing discoveries as long as we continue exploring the universe around us.

Agreed 1000%.

And to further add, yesterday I was on the phone with my family and a subject which we often discuss is how many times I've been "saved". Reminiscent of a miracle. Many, many times from car accidents, other times from various hazardous objects, the list goes on.

I wold also assume most people here approach death with curiosity as opposed to fear.

We are not of this place originally me thinks...

edit on 25-2-2013 by Mortalhelix because: (no reason given)

I will turn 30 this year (I know, a youngin'), and as far back as I can remember I have always "felt" I would never live to make 30. To be honest, I am very surprised I have! When you talk about being "saved", I can think of so many times that I probably should have died but didn't. And I'm not talking about the normal routine of life, I'm pretty sure my list is far more exhaustive than average.

Was born premature and was in NICU for 6 weeks.
At 4 years old jumped off the garage roof with a sheet becuase I wanted to "fly". Landed flat on my back and not nary a broken bone, even though the fall was 20+ feet down.
At 8 was attacked by a dog and bit 6 times, but not one of them severed an artery even though they were within millimeters of one.
At 13 was viciously raped and was in the hospital for over a week. Ended up with a broken orbital bone, broken nose, a bruised larynx, and over 40 stitches. Required blood transfusions due to the amount of blood I lost.
At 16 was in a car accident, and was told by the fire department that cut me out of the car if the vehicle that broadsided me had hit just two inches further up it wouldve taken off my legs and I probably wouldve bled to death. Even now looking at the pictures I am amazed I walked away from that.
At 20 ended up with blood poisioning that went untreated because I thought it was mono. Ended up in the hospital again for that one.
At 28 was diagnosed with breast and thyroid cancer, diagnosed within a month of eachother. After surgeries, radiation, and chemo I just had my 12 month check up and am cancer free.

I'm due to hit 30 in July, I hope to make it. Maybe that is why I always feel like I am rushing towards something, because maybe a part of me knows I have stuff I am still supposed to accomplish?

link   

Tick Tock, like grains of sand slowly pouring down the hourglass, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, I think I have waited an eternity, time really has no meaning, but things come and things go. Yet still waiting, watching, waiting.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have had and still have feeling similar here described by many members. It just warms my heart to see such a strong community here, and I am glad I am a part of it as are many I think.

One Love!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Things predicted years ago-
Unmanned surveillance drones on american soil
Gun control
Falling away of Christianity ( yes it has been happening for while , but not as open and mainstream)
Just to name a few

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinder
The sky is an illusion.

We dream our whole lives away.

As children we give up our freedom for security.

We trust our parents to guide us.

We hope that when we grow.

We will gain our freedom in time.

If we grow.

The truth is.

Our parents haven’t even gained that freedom.

they are still waiting.

hoping.

It is never coming.

It is a lie.

an illusion.

And bingo was its name-o. But what was its game-o?

I think Shakespeare said it best.

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet
reply to post by xEphon

Not a dad here, but the same age and single, and I can feel you on the struggle, otherwise. It's very commonplace to meet someone and about 20 minutes into a conversation, they're like..."I have no idea what you're talking about. That ain't my world." After which they only want to talk about television, celebrities, or hooking up, and do not understand why they don't hear from me again. lol

When I was in high school I had a crush on this guy. I met him again later in life and we went on a date. He started talking about out of body experiences and guess what ? He never heard from me again. He wasnt deep he was nuts.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

focus for the last year has been the restoration of my soul. Reclaiming fragmentation, resolving past life traumas and dynamics, releasing all the useless programming and shifting to a heart centered awareness.
reply to post by starshift

What you said rings true for me too. Last couple years I've been doing the inner work, and bringing the pieces of my heart and soul back to me in wholeness. Not there yet, but it is primary focus. Glad you shared this.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
you guys are all doomed. Well if i have to go i will. And i'm planning on it stat. We only have till the end of this year till these guys start *blowing* up incoming asteroids pretending to be our buddy guys. then they will be all like YOU ARE ALL IN GRAVE DANGER COME WITH ME TO HELL OR YOU WILL DIE basically.

behold your anti-christ. Smarten up you tards and get with the program. Those towers are in native legend.

This is what everyone is waiting for. Now stop veering off track with all these comments. God. No wonder humanity is such a mess.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenOne23

They predicted picture phones at the NY Worlds Fair in 1964 and until skyp we didnt have that. Slow. Technology can always be predicted. Name a real prediction like the end of the world or ascension or something esoteric like this thread opines and I may be inclined to agree. Predicting technology is nothing. I am sure Mr Ford could have predicted the traffic jam before everyone in America had two cars in their driveway.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by longtimelurkerr

Unfortunately, not everyone shares your loving feeling.

Some ATS posters desperately need to find a new hobby like eating dead babies or pulling the wings off of flies or something, because some just can't seem to resist posting neverending snide remarks... Post after post, thread after thread, day after day...

*yawn*

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

yah i feel it too, its called death.

he gets everyone in the end, dont worry , you wont have to wait long.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by GoldenOne23

They predicted picture phones at the NY Worlds Fair in 1964 and until skyp we didnt have that. Slow. Technology can always be predicted. Name a real prediction like the end of the world or ascension or something esoteric like this thread opines and I may be inclined to agree. Predicting technology is nothing. I am sure Mr Ford could have predicted the traffic jam before everyone in America had two cars in their driveway.

You said you were leaving this thread to find something that you were
more in tune with!

I see you have returned.

Edit : Please go away.
edit on 25-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
you arn't going to have any bodies to reincarnate in soon. And those that do are taken to the pleidies. To the red star of fire, Hell. The bible has all relevance to this. The prophecy of the rattlesnake, And edgay cayce's predictions all respond to exactly what im saying. My dreams everything. And everyone is blind. Until it will be too late. Those towers have many many pods on them. and they have a fleet of a million of these. They will blacken the skies with pods flying back and forth picking people up. The government is making their bases to hide from all this and are keeping people distracted. They wont take us until they have established first contact. And then deceive us.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join