It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This video will change your life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Quick synopsis:

The video basically tells you to forget about money and do that which would do if money is no objecft
This video
Gives people an amzing insight in my view.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It already changed my life...

For I will never get to see the video behind the broken link

But one can hope

edit on 22-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by randyvs

But one can hope

Link works just fine for me.

Good video S&F

It's sad how we are all just slaves working up to 60 hours a week just for pieces of paper

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by randyvs

But one can hope

Link works just fine for me.

Good video S&F

It's sad how we are all just slaves working up to 60 hours a week just for pieces of paper

Whaaat?!?

hmm... must be Windows 8

My life will remain changed forever... or at least til someone posts a video

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Can't see the video. Is it the Alan watts one.

If you like this I would suggest YouTube for some of his lectures. I have a bit of a man crush on him at the moment and wish he was still alive to give us his perspective
edit on 22-2-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I liked it.
Strange how many people commented on the video. there are some real stick in the muds out there.
It's sad

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes Wood that'st it. Well done and thank you for posting.

edit on 22-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It's the type of advice you need to be given when you are young and without responsibilities. Once you take on more responsibilities, it becomes harder to just give up on the concept of money, but in general the advice should be known by all at some point.

Maybe we could expand the thread, by asking what you would do if money were no object?

Takes some thinking about, because I'm not sure at all what I would do.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

It's amazing how tuff that question is I agree. I threw this post together and made my first minimal thread now I'm kicking myself for it. I had to run out the door.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It makes sense in some ways but due to the materialistic layout of Life now days you or others who depend on you financially may become a financial victim if you tried to ONLY do what you like/desired and not consider the financial aspect/responsibilities PROGRAMMED into society today. I do remember seeing this vid in the past as well it does share some logical points randyvs.
Maybe AFTER the rinz of Ignorance will this type of thinking be more group accepted. But as of now $ is in control of this old world...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nice find Randy. I am finally at this point, to where I can do what I enjoy and it makes me enough money to get by. The biggest problem stopping this I think though is... sexuality.

Its not even that all women want rich guys, its that motherly instinct to come that has them consider they're best possible suitors the ones who make the most money. Making good money doing something you don't like is equated to being stable.

I'd like to find a woman who is interested in what I am interested in. There aren't many out there so I am single and for the most part I'm happily single.. its worth mentioning though that persuing the life of a hobbyist will probably hinder relationships with the opposite sex, for awhile anyway.

As the video said though, eventually you will become a master of your craft and that will up your income, which will help, but meanwhile some might experience what I have.

Say I make an extra $50 today, I could take that money and reinvest it into my hobby or I could take a woman I like out on a nice date. At this time, my hobby could use the money more than some fine eatery..

This kind of life takes sacrifices but in the end they are well worth it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

You know what Neph you are a bit wiser than you credit yourself. Because more times than not the woman that comes with a bankroll can ruin a guy in more ways than I can count.

extra DIV

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Iloved listening to him i followed afew other links also and
now im in a state of deep thinking

that man was profound his voice gripped me

im hooked ill be watching/listening to a lot more of his work as soon as the kids
are back at school (monday)

star and flag

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

that man was profound his voice gripped me

A bit of Anthony Hopkins I thought.
Thanks for responding.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It may sound crazy, but if money were no object what I would love to do is watch and critique horror movies and take people on zip-lining trips. Maybe not anything that would contribute to society in any significant way but if I were able that is what I would do. Too bad reality is all in the way- but my reality is pretty darn good as it is so I can't complain.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thx bro

Wisdom is just hands on learning. You can read in a book how to change a timing belt 10x but until you've done it once or twice you have no idea. Knowledge isn't powered unless its applied.

The only reason I was bringing up the relationships thing is I have been dealing with it. I knew it would change things but just not so much I guess. I could tell a woman I deliver newspapers or just started a job as a janitor.. ya know? I'm a stockboy, I bus tables at Chili's..

All those sound better than hobbyist. What do you mean hobbyist? "mmm relic hunter, like Indiana Jones".. now you would think(!) the comparison to adventure would maybe get they're interest? No... they roll they're eyes, look back at you like your a little boy.. you just lost the game.

You don't get a chance to explain usually "I spend more time on my hobby than I ever would a job!".. and even if you do, they still don't get it. Your not being "serious".. no, I'm just not conforming to slave labor anymore. I wasn't given this life to be a worker bee.

Everyone has a calling, something they're interested in that they could do full-time that they would enjoy while contributing to society naturally. You don't have to look deep, its simple.. just ask yourself

"What do I like?" "What do I enjoy doing?"... The 1st answer is usually the right one.
edit on 22-2-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join