It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Expansion of Black American Misery under Barack Obama's Watch

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by divideandconquer

I understand some of your points but I will take Clinton over Obama any day. It's actually funny because Bush, who I didn't like on the economy because he cut taxes and didn't control spending, was better for Black employment over Clinton and especially Obama.

George W. Bush is laying a claim to be the President who did the best job creating jobs for blacks. Currently, black unemployment is 9.4%, which is significantly lower than the 10% it averaged in the Clinton years. The current rate is also much lower than the average black unemployment rate over the past 30 years, which is 12.4%.

www.humanevents.com...

At the time, people were saying Bush simply hated the black community because the rate was 9%.

With Obama it's 13.8% and has reached as high as 16%.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
No wonder racism still exist...
post like this are a great example.

Blacks this, whites that, hispanics the other..
Sad, but a real part of life.
MLK had such great dreams, stereotyping such as this was not
part of them.

Give me a break!!

We don't live on fantasy island and Obama isn't Mr. Roarke.

We live in a world that isn't color blind and when the black community votes over 90% for a guy whose policies hurt that community in every way, your're damn right something should be said about these horrible policies.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

The point is that they hurt everyone.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Of course they hurt everybody but EVERYBODY didn't vote for Obama 95% in 2008 and 93% in 2012!! That's the point of the article and why Blacks shouldn't walk in lock step behind Democrats.
edit on 21-2-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

Of course they hurt everybody but EVERYBODY didn't vote for Obama 95% in 2008 and 93% in 2012!! That's the point of the article and why Blacks shouldn't walk in lock step behind Democrats.
edit on 21-2-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

That's not Obama's fault though is it?

A novel idea, would be to take responsibility for the choices we make and attempt to make positive changes in a terrible situation.

I'm no fan of his, but he's no better than any other President. African Americans have been the most disenfranchised group of people within the US for as long as they have been there. It's a series of decisions and non decisions by those in charge over the course of several decades, that has created this situation.

Blaming one single person, or their administration for the woes of many over a long period of time, is sorta silly.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

That's not silly at all when Obama's policies can be directly linked to the current misery of the community as well as the economy as a whole.

What's silly is everytime someone criticizes Obama the excuses just roll out. "Well, what about Bush" "Obama is just like every President"

I'm not talking about every President, I'm talking about Obama and his policies. So I wish apologist for Obama would stop making these obvious, blanket statements which have nothing to do with the horrible policies of Obama.

Of course people need to take responsibility and that's my point. Stop voting with the Democrats in these overwhelming numbers when there policies are horrid for your community and the economy as a whole.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So you are implying that they should then vote exclusively Republican? Because Obama represents the entire Democratic Party?

And what policies do you speak of really? The GOP have had the most successful obstructionist policies of the last 2 decades. Obama can hardly order a box of cleanex it seems without the GOP trying to filibuster him.

Perhaps the message is not "Don't Vote Democrat " but "Get Educated and vote on policy, and historical fact, not party line"

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think the point is that under the cover of a Black "liberal" president, blacks are worse off than ever...

"The rate of UNDER-employment for Hispanic Americans has DROPPED from 15% in 2009 to 12% at the end of 2012. This represents an improvement of about 20%.

The rate of UNDER-employment for White Americans has DROPPED from 10% in 2009 to 8% at the end of 2012. This represents an improvement of about 20%.

The rate of UNDER-employment for Asian Americans has DROPPED from 8% in 2009 to 6% at the end of 2012. This represents an improvement of about 25%.

But the picture for Black Americans is in the opposite direction. The rate of UNDER-employment for Blacks has INCREASED from 16% in 2009 to 20% at the end of 2012. This represents a 25% WORSENING in the rate of Black underemployment during Obama’s first term in office from 2009 through 2012.

Moreover, the true extent of Black misery in the workplace is not reflected in these statistics. At least 2 million Blacks are in prison and unable to seek employment. Half of these Blacks are there for non-violent drug offenses. If these 2 million Blacks were out of jail, living in their communities, and unable to find full time work, the Black underemployment rate would be 30%."

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Did you read my post? I didn't imply anything like that.

I said they need to go to the G.O.P. in places they agree like vouchers and stronger border security and give some votes to the G.O.P. If 20% of the black vote went to the G.O.P. then Obama and the Democrats would be scared to death and they wouldn't take the black vote for granted.

So I see, Obama can't give us his greatness because he's blocked by fillibusters even though he had the House and Senate on lock when he first got into office and he could of done some of these wonderful things then.

This clearly shows the problem. Obama followers have nothing but excuses for Obama. He never has to take responsibility for nothing he has done. It's always someone elses fault.

Obama has made the rich, filthy rich at the expense of the middle class and the poor. His policies do nothing for wage earners and this is why Corporate Profits are at historic highs as multi-nationals are flooded with cheap dollars.

Obama policies is why you get this graph here:

Obama policies are why Jim Cramer said Wall Street was like the Great Gatsby era and main street savings and wages tank.

This hurts the black community as well as the rest of the Country.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by divideandconquer

Exactly and this is why is silly to fall in line behind these horrible policies.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Hispanics need to be weary because the Democrats are trying to turn them into the African American Community.

No, you are wrong. They are trying to turn Mexicans into US citizens.

Blacks are seen as irrelevant because they're going to vote over 90% for the Democrat no matter what.

No, I don't think they are seen as irrelevant. But if they were it would be because they only make up around 10% of the population

It's not so much that Obama has to DO something special for Blacks, it's that Obama's policies are hurting the middle class and poor and decimating blacks.

Now you are conflating income and race. Blacks do not have a monopoly on poverty.

Vouchers help black children who attend some of the worst schools in the Country.

Sure you want to go there? Why not take the time and look up where these worst schools in the country are, why they are the worst and who is teaching there.

So overall, there wasn't much change but with blacks they were 24% more likely to enroll in College.

But keep in mind that out of that 24% there are a large number that get accepted solely for being black to fulfill a quota.

A 2009 study shows that illegal immigration hurts blacks.

Oh the irony, a few years ago you would be accused of spewing neo-Nazi propaganda if you were to start in about how illegal immigrants were stealing jobs from Americans (notice I said americans and not whites). Funny how things change huh?

Keep in mind that the KKK was started by democrats and president Lincoln was a republican.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Superhans because: personal

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

So I see, Obama can't give us his greatness because he's blocked by fillibusters even though he had the House and Senate on lock when he first got into office and he could of done some of these wonderful things then.

Obama has never controlled the house.

This clearly shows the problem. Obama followers have nothing but excuses for Obama. He never has to take responsibility for nothing he has done. It's always someone elses fault.

I don't support Obama, but I do understand that MOST things, are not his fault. MOST things, are the fault of CONGRESS.

This hurts the black community as well as the rest of the Country.

The fact that you separate the two above as magically being different somehow, is 50% of your country's problem.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yes, he did control the House under Speaker Pelosi. Many things are his fault because of his horrible policies. Of course everything is Republicans fault now because it couldn't be the fault of the great Obama.

If things were going great, people like you would be saying Obama should be on Mount Rushmore.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yes, he did control the House under Speaker Pelosi. Many things are his fault because of his horrible policies. Of course everything is Republicans fault now because it couldn't be the fault of the great Obama.

Please name these policies.

If things were going great, people like you would be saying Obama should be on Mount Rushmore.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I already listed the policies in the OP but here's more.

Obamacare which will ration healthcare to the elderly and disabled through the IPAB.

Stimulus and money that went to bankrupt companies like Solyndra.

The printing of cheap dollars that go to multi-nationals who invest in emerging markets overseas.

Drone strikes that kill innocent children.

Expansion of who can be targeted by these Drone strikes by Holder.

Fast and Furious

Payroll tax holiday which is just being taken away and it becomes regressive.

Obama does nothing to reduce the debt and he does nothing about Medicare and Social Security for future generations.

The list can go on and on but it's silly to get sidetracked. This is about Obama and his policies that have hurt the black community and the economy as a whole not a debate about Obamacare.

It wasn't an ad hominem, it was just an observation about Obama supporters who make excuses for him at every turn.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Obamacare which will ration healthcare to the elderly and disabled through the IPAB.

How does this effect blacks more than others?

Stimulus and money that went to bankrupt companies like Solyndra.

Same question.

The printing of cheap dollars that go to multi-nationals who invest in emerging markets overseas.

Same Question.

Drone strikes that kill innocent children.

This one you just confused black for brown.

Expansion of who can be targeted by these Drone strikes by Holder.

I don't remember him specifically stating they were going to target blacks.

Fast and Furious

Same question as the first one.

Payroll tax holiday which is just being taken away and it becomes regressive.

Tax cuts are actually tax spending. It's better that you get LESS tax cuts in all honestly. You should have less taxes to pay in general, not creating a system that can be benefit some and disenfranchise others.

Obama does nothing to reduce the debt and he does nothing about Medicare and Social Security for future generations.

Both programs need to be entirely restructured from the ground up.

The list can go on and on but it's silly to get sidetracked. This is about Obama and his policies that have hurt the black community and the economy as a whole not a debate about Obamacare.

You've not listed anything that actually effects the black community more than any other particular one within the US, other than rich vs poor.

Since more than about half of Americans are poor and blacks represent less than that percentage in total population, it stands to reason that everybody is being screwed, correct?

If we do agree on that fact, then what does race have to do with it? You're simply feeding into the rhetoric that the media and those that pull the strings, want you to fall into.

The policies and rhetoric, actually the entire system we live in, is in a state of perpetual, self imposed failure. A failure that effects every human, for even the really rich and powerful masters of the earth are negatively effected by all that power and wealth.

The solution, will therefore benefit us all. Discussing one group's bad situation, over another group's bad situation doesn't get us anywhere. I'm just trying to point out that talking about it from a racial perspective, it's intellectually dishonest, if you really want to be part of positive discourse.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Obama has never controlled the house.

How are you a moderator?
edit on 22-2-2013 by ironguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I don't know man.

Your OP sounds a bit sketchy to me.Nothing personal, but.

Your friends, family, co-workers, people who you associate and relate to the most will be your own race of black people. Lets be honest here ok?

Most of your associates voted this guy in right?

In your own words you admit that black folk have Obama on a pedestal.

And I can understand it, really its very simple to understand.

But now, all the promises are largely hollow in content. The person you ll thought would move you forwards at breakneck speeds, is actually setting you back decades.

I say good on your folks, looks good on you. I bet very few black people voted for Obama on his platform, but voted for him based on color. Again I do not blame you, I do the same thing here.

But now it has all blown up in your faces, and you have less instead of more, please do not cry and belly ache about it.

All this crying about it now falls on deaf ears.

I personally could care less how far you got shot bat in time, you wrote that ticket, not me.

sniff sniff.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'd like to interject. Party affiliation aside and the point of choices by the government effect the population as a whole. The main focus should be of moral affects from person to person as the real problem regardless of race or gender and arguing your point on a conspiracy forum doesn't much help either way. I'd say employment rates as looked upon between a group or society are more reflective on idea's shared within that society to begin with. Not to forget that the government is ideally for the people by the people.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Acknowledging problems for what they are shows damage that has already been done. It doesn't further divide our nation because it is a fact that already exists. Most people aren't doing too well right now, regardless of race, but the problems that have racial and historical roots will not be solved within our lifetimes on a global nor national scale when there is no true voice to speak to the people as a whole.

Edit:

reply to post by lnfideI

Nice. That is a really insightful post there. Do you know you are a perfect example of one of the big problems we have? I bet you can't even tell how ridiculously moronic and bigoted your entire post was. Dripping with hate. You should be deleted.
edit on 22-2-2013 by LizardSlicks because: shown

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join