It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Kyle (US Sniper) - You see a hero. I see a devil

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Same here brother

I feel it is important to consider that today there are about 1 billion people, living in the Western Hemisphere, so where does everyone else (7 billion people on Earth) live

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thats it? Only 160? Heck I have 500,000 call of duty.

Its treated like a video game. I would be willing to bet that a large number of solders played FPS video games and wanted experience it in real life.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for snipers. Training is grueling missions are worse. They often go behind enemy lines usually with their spotter that takes a lot of guts. Their missions will differ but a lot of times their targets are high ranking officials which cripple the enemy chain of command or at the very least demoralize the enemy to where they lose the will to fight. They are precise surgical. They may remain still in an area for days waiting for their target only protected by their ability to camouflage themselves. They have one of the most dangerous jobs in the military. Kyle was one of the best at what he did. He was decorated had many medals which usually is enough to be considered a hero he had to of gone above and beyond to earn them. Yes earn them.

The enemy has every reason in the world to call him the devil Americans should call him a hero.

Even after his service he went on to help others. A murderer would have just found other people to kill. It is pretty F___ed up that usually the same people who want to dishonor the soldiers that are doing their duty are the same ones who praise the leaders who are responsible for putting them in that position in the first place.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Yea and Chris Kyle was also fighting against people who wanted to destory him and all of the other members of his unit. But I would expect you to understand what that is like until you actually live through a firefight.

By saying that one is a hero and the other is a monster is terrible because they both fought for their countries in something they thought was right. As much as all of you believe that the war is fought for all the wrong reasons, it very well may be but the soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen who fight for their country do so because they fully believe they are defending freedom.

You say his training wrapped his mind. What would you do if you thought a person with a weapon was about to kill one of your friends, a friend who you consider family and you had the means to stop that person with the weapon, you wouldnt?

I would love to see any of you call him or another member of the armed forces of any country a "devil". Myself and any other member of the military would lay down our lives for any person in this country, because thats what we signed up to do.

For you to call one a devil and the other a hero is pretty much being a hypocrit because they were both doing what they were told to do and what they believed was right.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Basically just like ancient Rome. We adore and honor those who are capable of causing as much death as possible. Only difference today, is that we take pride in those who protect us from "terrorists" and value them murdering others for the "freedom" of our country. We now think murder is justified, and it is the right thing to do. But in my eyes, murder is murder. Doesn't really matter how well you sugar coat it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Having a standing army is pretty much a deter force so other nations wont invade your homeland and take the freedoms you have and you obvisiously take for granted. Its kinda like when you were probably bullied as a little kid. if you were bigger and stronger you probably would have been able to defend yourself so you wouldnt have to give your lunch money away. If you show your power they it will keep most people who wish you harm away from you. I can see your the type of person who probably doesnt understand what it mean to actually join the military and fight for something you believe in though. Keep spreading your hate from behind you computer monitor and keep taking for granted the freedoms that myself and countless others like me have defended.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I have a lot of respect for snipers. Training is grueling missions are worse. They often go behind enemy lines usually with their spotter that takes a lot of guts. Their missions will differ but a lot of times their targets are high ranking officials which cripple the enemy chain of command or at the very least demoralize the enemy to where they lose the will to fight. They are precise surgical. They may remain still in an area for days waiting for their target only protected by their ability to camouflage themselves. They have one of the most dangerous jobs in the military. Kyle was one of the best at what he did. He was decorated had many medals which usually is enough to be considered a hero he had to of gone above and beyond to earn them. Yes earn them.

The enemy has every reason in the world to call him the devil Americans should call him a hero.

Even after his service he went on to help others. A murderer would have just found other people to kill. It is pretty F___ed up that usually the same people who want to dishonor the soldiers that are doing their duty are the same ones who praise the leaders who are responsible for putting them in that position in the first place.

I respectively disagree with every single thing in yours post....theres an undertone of insecurity in your response that makes me think you don't even believe the bs you wrote....and he did in fact find a twisted way to pass on his psychopath infused genes onto other humans....by teaching them how to kill others efficiently via his private company. Grow up and grow a garden stupid, psychopaths should be treated like the aboriginals treat them....take em out for a "hunt" and return to the tribe without them......tell the women he tripped, hit his head and fell down a cliff. done

btw...how can u dishonor someone whose already dishonored themselves?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lingweenie
Basically just like ancient Rome. We adore and honor those who are capable of causing as much death as possible. Only difference today, is that we take pride in those who protect us from "terrorists" and value them murdering others for the "freedom" of our country. We now think murder is justified, and it is the right thing to do. But in my eyes, murder is murder. Doesn't really matter how well you sugar coat it.

If a person breaks into your home with the intention of killing you and your wife and raping your 13 year old daughter, because he really likes her (after he is done with her he will kill her as well). Suppose he cuts your phone and cable lines and before he kills you, makes you watch?

This kind of behavior is not absurd it happens all the time.

How would you respond to knowing that this was going to happen if you did not kill him?

In perspective there is no such thing as a war where the enemy was not demonized.

In all sincerity I do not believe there is such a thing as an American soldier, who would not jump for joy. At the idea of being ordered back to the States, because the US was pulling all its troops from the Eastern Hemisphere

Unless of course they considered history.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Kashai because: modified content

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo

I respectively disagree with every single thing in yours post....theres an undertone of insecurity in your response that makes me think you don't even believe the bs you wrote....and he did in fact find a twisted way to pass on his psychopath infused genes onto other humans....by teaching them how to kill others efficiently via his private company. Grow up and grow a garden stupid, psychopaths should be treated like the aboriginals treat them....take em out for a "hunt" and return to the tribe without them......tell the women he tripped, hit his head and fell down a cliff. done

btw...how can u dishonor someone whose already dishonored themselves?

Nice job respectively disagreeing. There is an undertone of ignorant partisan bias and misplaced self righteousness in your post, to put it lightly. On second thought I wouldn't really call it an undertone.

I would call it blatant.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Wang Tang because: above top secret

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The good thing is it never got to Chris's head from what I could see. I did two tours in Iraq and was with the 2ndDiv 2nd Recon Bn as a scout sniper. I never met Kyle, nor did I come close to his achievements. You will be called a murderer and what not but you know what? We were at war and we were doing what we believed in. This is the reason I will support him and many others who sacrificed money, family, their lives, to fight for what they believed in. Kyle was just too damned good at it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Originally posted by Lingweenie

If a person breaks into your home with the intention of killing you and your wife and raping your 13 year old daughter, because he really likes her (after he is done with her he will kill her as well). Suppose he cuts your phone and cable lines and before he kills you, makes you watch?

This kind of behavior is not absurd it happens all the time.

How would you respond to knowing that this was going to happen if you did not kill him?

In perspective there is no such thing as a war where the enemy was not demonized.

In all sincerity I do not believe there is such a thing as an American soldier, who would not jump for joy. At the idea of being ordered back to the States, because the US was pulling all its troops from the Eastern Hemisphere

Unless of course they considered history.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Kashai because: modified content

What I'm trying to say is killing is wrong no matter how much you try to make it right. If you had to do then do it. But because you had to do it doesn't exactly make it a good thing. People have been murdering, and at war for thousands of years. And it needs to end.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
And who are you?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

As you stated earlier though, "in your eyes". I'm not trying to call you out by any means, I respect your opinion, but it isn't always easy understanding what his viewpoint might have been. Kyle WAS very open about everything, more so than others, but that doesn't equate to everyone who has chosen to take a life overseas. When you live the lifestyle, get preached to the lifestyle, train in the lifestyle, it's what you live. You are doing what you believe is right which is what he did. I'm not saying what he did was right by any means, but I do respect him for it and that may be because I walked in similar steps. You get what I am trying to say? I'm not good at explaining myself sometimes so you have to forgive me.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

I don't understand, so you like to hang out with people that have no problem blowing another humans brains out because there armed and terrified of the invading force that has without probable cause come to there country and bombed raped and pillaged like Vikings, nice! u sound classy

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

It's not the military's fault that they are in foreign countries, it is our government. And guess what, our government is a representative government, which means you assume partial responsibility for our invasion of foreign countries.

People in the military would gladly pack their gear and come home to the U.S. instead of fighting in Afghanistan. Chris Kyle would have been perfectly happy if he never had to kill another man ever again.

Why can't you understand that?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

I want to buy what ur selling buy I cant....society cannot justify damaged brains.....if u lose empathy you lose humanity....im a firm believer in reincarnation so whatever....next life do it better!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

As you stated earlier though, "in your eyes". I'm not trying to call you out by any means, I respect your opinion, but it isn't always easy understanding what his viewpoint might have been. Kyle WAS very open about everything, more so than others, but that doesn't equate to everyone who has chosen to take a life overseas. When you live the lifestyle, get preached to the lifestyle, train in the lifestyle, it's what you live. You are doing what you believe is right which is what he did. I'm not saying what he did was right by any means, but I do respect him for it and that may be because I walked in similar steps. You get what I am trying to say? I'm not good at explaining myself sometimes so you have to forgive me.

Yes I understand what your saying. And I have read he honestly believed he was fighting bad men, and wanted to protect his country.

But killing other people isn't right and should be avoided at all costs. Humanity is the only species that deliberately kills another one of our own species. Yet we pride ourselves on how civilized we are. Murder is not civil.

You also have to think about how the other country feels when were inside their country. Wars kill plenty of innocent people, and these people are also fighting for their country, and fighting to protect their own families. Their probably honest people just trying to make a living just like you and me.

I am not in anyway trying to bash the military. I'm simply saying murder is wrong and should never happen, and we should not have to worry about sending troops out to die. Wars shouldn't need to ever happen between any country.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

That's a very idealistic stance to take, that killing is wrong and we should never go to war with another country.

What happens when terrorists start attacking our country and endangering civilians in their daily lives? Have we already forgotten what happened on September 11th? The largest attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor.

Are you saying we just let the terrorists attack us without even trying to chase them down?

Things get complicated because certain countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan, among others, harbor terrorists. When the ruling party of a country is allied with the terrorists that just killed thousands of your civilians, I see that as just cause for declaring war on that country.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

My best friend is over there now, and I will honor and respect him no matter how many he kills. He has made many "friends" over there with natives, and they even cook for him and his company when on patrol sometimes. Best food he has ever eatin he has told me. Those kills are on bad guys, who wouldn't think twice about killing him.

(I am not for anyway supportive in unnecessary gun violence)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

Psychopaths aren't allowed to become snipers,they wouldn't make it through Navy basic very well much less BUDS.But wait what are YOUR credentials?
You seem a tad bit neurotic at least hoplophobic,unless you're below the age of 20 in which case we pet you on the head and say OK.
If not I recognize a reflexive contrary response when I see one,You aren't moved by little things like facts and reality

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join