<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am disgusted by this thread and the others on Kyle never thought I would see the day where the Dorners are classified as "heroes" and the Kyles as "devils".

Amerkia you are one messed up place.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

That would be the financial peers who are at the top,Witness how the want America to disarm so they can enable their global efforts.
Happily they haven't been able to do so yet and my rifles sit quietly waiting for them to try,I believe this I AM DEADLY SERIOUS about this and I hope you can see the efforts as well so we don't need to argue about that too.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why? Aren't people entitled to have their own opinions regardless of who may agree or disagree with them? I don't think people are speaking negatively about Chris Kyle as a way of obtaining popularity.

America's messed up because some people's opinion on a topic differs from yours?
America's messed up for thousand's of reasons other than that. If anything, people have differing opinions is one of the few things that is good about America (and several other countries).
edit on 20-2-2013 by LazarusTsiyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Why? Aren't people entitled to have their own opinions regardless of who may agree or disagree with them?

Didn't see anyone say they dont.

I don't think people are speaking negatively about Chris Kyle as a way of obtaining popularity.

They aren't they are just using Kyle as an excuse to personally don't like to trash talk dead people really wants the point ?

They are dead after all and threads like this play to a segment on ATS that is well known anyone can criticize so I did.- on the living.

Oh well.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by TXRabbit

Meh!!!!

He is a Hero to any American Military GI.
He killed those that sought to harm other Americans and Fellow Service Members.

And yes, he was a Devil. The Devil of Ramadi.

SO, you think those people strapping bombs to their chests, or to children/women/mental handicap are heroes?
After all, they are just killing the foreign invaders, right?

First of all you are wrong thinking that anyone that was in the mi8litary automatically thinks he is a hero. I am a vet and he was nothing but a killer. That's what snipers are and seeing how he enjoyed killing people he was one sick pup.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Live by the sword, die by the sword.
RIP Chris

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The thread is in the P,P&M forum.

IMHO, a good discussion can be had about when/if killing is ever okay and what distinguishes this person (generically speaking as an archetype) from other killers.

It doesn't have to be personal, it can be broader and more philosophical.

But, sadly, as with most things these days, people bring vitriol to the discussion and make it a personal/political grudge match instead of an intellectual debate.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yep, the guy went into foreign territory and killed people for the Corporations and people defending their country, you sign up for the American Military at this point, you just signed your soul to the Devil.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Chris Kyle was a person who believed in what he did, he adhered to orders given to him and whatever explanation was given. One can clearly suggest that killing someone for any reason has no foundation but in relation to any study of history? It is unrealistic to believe that people are just going to stop fighting because the United States decides one day to recall all,of its forces back to the US. Realistically speaking there have been two world wars and they both started in the Eastern
Hemisphere.

That part of history began with the fall of the Ottoman Empire and if one really understand that? One can see how, if the US did that they would just be, in effect repeating history.

As it would again create another power vacuum.

Say for example there is a group of people who are together because they share the fact that they are all socio-paths. They come upon a town where the people are all pacifist and would never kill. The socio-paths kill all the pacifist and take over the town.

What does that say about the survival of the concept of Pacifism?

Any thoughts?
edit on 20-2-2013 by Kashai because: added and modified content

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

That they are Darwin failures?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Say for example there is a group of people who are together because they share the fact that they are all socio-paths. They come upon a town where are the people are pacifist and would never kill. The socio-paths kill all the pacifist and take over the town.

Any thoughts?

And yet this has never happened. Pacifism still exists despite humanity's penchant for violence. Furthermore there are many different forms of pacifism. One of which is non-aggression as opposed to non-violence. There are pacifists who are against violence but do believe in self-defense.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Baguul

Edit: In the name of civility, I withdraw my comment from this discussion on the ethical and moral questions surrounding the act of ridding the world of murderous religious zealots, over long range, with a 50cal rifle.

But......it sure is nice to "reach out and touch faith" from distances of up to and over half a mile.

edit on 20-2-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

Originally posted by Kashai

Say for example there is a group of people who are together because they share the fact that they are all socio-paths. They come upon a town where are the people are pacifist and would never kill. The socio-paths kill all the pacifist and take over the town.

Any thoughts?

And yet this has never happened. Pacifism still exists despite humanity's penchant for violence. Furthermore there are many different forms of pacifism. One of which is non-aggression as opposed to non-violence. There are pacifists who are against violence but do believe in self-defense.

Actually it has happened and a whole lot, this being a point of law enforcement, armies and wars. As the UN recently confirmed all wars are resource wars and we have all (ancestry) been the victims of another culture wanting more resources. Sure th Bible states "thou shall not kill, steal or covet but clearly the leaders of our world did not take the position it applied to them {and historically).

To put it another way it is extremely likely that several thousands of years ago there was more than one tribe, living in the country we now call Tibet. They are all dead now because the Tibetan tribe wiped them all out as an example.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Kashai because: modified content

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

REMINDER~~~

In an effort to foster good debate, please review the following:

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I can somewhat relate to him. He had alot more on his plate though, RIP Chris.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
reply to post by neo96

Why? Aren't people entitled to have their own opinions regardless of who may agree or disagree with them? I don't think people are speaking negatively about Chris Kyle as a way of obtaining popularity.

America's messed up because some people's opinion on a topic differs from yours?
America's messed up for thousand's of reasons other than that. If anything, people have differing opinions is one of the few things that is good about America (and several other countries).
edit on 20-2-2013 by LazarusTsiyr because: (no reason given)

an astute and very considered post.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr there are many different forms of pacifism. One of which is non-aggression as opposed to non-violence. There are pacifists who are against violence but do believe in self-defense.

agreed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join