It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the METEORS ARE REAL!! i just saw 2 miami fl

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 33vibe

Maybe an electric anomaly instantaneously brings a huge field of dust particles together and sends the water off as either a mist or an electrolytic hydrogen explosion condensing a meteorite?

Earth can't do that. It's designed, like all planets, to hold life. Man? Maybe, don't know what they are holding that can cause that. Don't know any tech that can attract metal from a distance to a strong center point.

Can't change gravity due it's EM nature, so gravity is out of the tool picture.

Magnetics, you need a lot of power, about a terawatt to make something like that, and there is nothing official like that anywhere and a certain type of material.

It would act as a cathode and would essentially super galvanize the atmosphere around it accumulating debris with atmospheric friction increasing the charge and increasing the draw as it fell

In terms of magnetics, not true. More heat=Less magnetic lines. The Earth is like a giant Proton, so anything that has a near like charge is pushed away.

We could even go so far as suggesting that it has little to do with dust at all and is a complete atmospheric elemental transmutation. It'd have to be some kind of cold fusion reaction.

Cold fusion is being done wrong in orthodox view. Unorthodox, already there, but dropped because it isn't ZPE.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

I agree that OP should feel lucky. I know I'm glad he posted.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Sumerian lore? No, you misunderstood, I was speaking about the missle frenzy a few months ago when everyone was seeing missles. Not trolling, but, by saying that, I'm assumed to be.

My post was more about the latest fad on ATS. Sorry to have disturbed you so very much.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
double post
edit on 18-2-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

Is this what you saw (even though the dates are wrong)?
I take that back. It says it was published on the 18th. It could be the same event.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Is it not to be expected that the comet we saw come close to earth had other material going in the same direction? That some of it broke off maybe even a couple thousand years ago or a week ago, but stayed moving along the same trajectory? Dont comets have other material around them besides the actual comet?

I mean maybe the earth´s and the moons gravity sheered some of the comet apart and that material is what we are seeing hit the earth. Hell, it could be some of the asteroid belt that was knocked loose at any point after it crossed it and then got stuck going along the same path as the comet.

edit on 18-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I think we will see soon enough who is right. If the people saying they are on the increase are correct we will likely see more like the Russian one soon.

You mean like the supposed increases in 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2012?

Every time there is a big fireball that makes the news, and ATSers get a hold of it, and the same questions are asked. History repeats itself and people never learn.

Perhaps I should have posted this earlier, but there is a well known increase in the rate of fireballs every year at this time of year: The Fireballs of February

The point is that most fireballs are not reported since it's impossible to monitor the whole surface of Earth, but we are getting better at reporting them and getting footage of them. There are more cameras now, more ways for people to report them, more people looking for them, and more organizations devoted to them now than there were ever before, so it's not surprising that there are more reports that people are hearing about on here.

Many of these reports that we are hearing about now would not have made the news in the passed since there was no footage. Footage tends to make a story like this news worthy.

Remember, ATS has 10's of thousands of members - hardly surprising that a few of them should get lucks whilst looking in the right direction, and see what many people have been seeing for decades. If you search ATS you will finds hundreds of meteor and fireball reports posted by members in the last 5 or 6 years. Nothing much has changed over that time, apart from what I have mentioned above.

So yes, lets wait and see... people will forget, but then another fireball will hit the news in a few weeks/months, and the whole cycle of ignorance will start over again.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Is it not to be expected that the comet we saw come close to earth had other material going in the same direction?
There was no comet, there was an asteroid. No it is not to be expected for there to be other material going in the same direction and the Russian meteor was not.

Hell, it could be some of the asteroid belt that was knocked loose at any point after it crossed it and then got stuck going along the same path as the comet.
It was not a comet and it goes nowhere near the asteroid belt.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Another penny for your thoughts.

There's a Russian airline pilot, Alexei Kochemasov, Letchik Leha is the nick name. Letchik is a Russian informal for pilot. He's a pretty good photographer and he maintains a blog posting photographs and interacting with passengers and fellow pilots alike.

Well, guess what, he tweeted on the 15th on the night before the meteor hit Chelyabinsk that he was seeing a lot of "falling stars" and meteors the night before on his flight somewhere between Mongolia and Irkutsk. He said that it was unusual for this time and season and that it was more common for the fall. I think he meant the Perseid meteor shower.

twitter.com...

Sorry, the twitter account is in Russian and I'm not sure whether Google can translate it.
edit on 18/2/2013 by WideOpenSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 33vibe

Maybe an electric anomaly instantaneously brings a huge field of dust particles together and sends the water off as either a mist or an electrolytic hydrogen explosion condensing a meteorite?

I have to say that I have never heard this theory floated before.

And I really don't know what to make of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I saw one in Portland, Or about 2 weeks ago while sitting in the parking lot at work on a break, it was about 2am.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is actually not uncommon. I see meteorites like that all the time. I think people are actually looking for them now, that explains the increase in sightings.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

I just want to let everyone know that I saw this FIRST minutes after the asteroid passed Earth here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And everyone called me crazy

Notice 1:31 pm and it passed at 1:23.
edit on 18-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

No. You were told that you could not have seen the asteroid. Correctly so. You could not have.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Notice 1:31 pm and it passed at 1:23.
Which side of the planet were you on? Which side was the asteroid?

edit on 2/18/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

America East Coast and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that's the side it was at. I heard Nasa saying it was passing the equator minutes before.

I seen something... and now I see all these claims of seeing exactly what I saw. So it might not have been the asteroid but I saw what these others are seeing and I was one of the first to claim it!
edit on 18-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

correct me if I'm wrong

You are wrong. The asteroid would not have been visible (even if it were not full daylight) on the east coast at closest approach.

Closest approach was at 19:35 GMT, which for you, was 2:35 PM.
At that time the asteroid, from the east coast, was in the NNE and 53º below the horizon.

From your point of view, the asteroid would not have been above the horizon until 4:15 in the afternoon, in the NNE.

At no time, anywhere on the planet, was it visible to the naked eye. Too small, too dim.

So it might not have been the asteroid but I saw what these others are seeing and I was one of the first to claim it!
Why do you think you saw the same thing? None of the times are the same as yours and what others saw were meteors, at night.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Because I saw something that literally lit up the sky. It was like starring into the sun for 2 minutes straight. It hurt the eye and I wasn't even looking directly at it. 2 min later it was gone and the sun was up further east. If you can explain that to me I award you 1 internet cookie.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I don't know what you saw. If I had seen it too I might be able to take a guess though.
But what ever you saw, it wasn't the asteroid. And no one else on the east coast seems to have reported seeing it either. On the other hand there are a lot of reports of meteors, later that night.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It just seems odd to me that this was minutes after the asteroid was passing. That's all I'm saying. And people say it's impossible for me to see that in mid day but man I saw what I saw.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join