It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DA14 Was Shot? (Video) Not here....out there!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thats why its called top secret. As a Electrical Engineer I am aware of precisily what power is needed for a rail gun and yes it is possible....

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmitsch7
Thats why its called top secret. As a Electrical Engineer I am aware of precisily what power is needed for a rail gun and yes it is possible....

Possible, yes.....probable....no.

The other problem is "station keeping" for an orbital rail run. Once it fires, it will want to move in the opposite direction, sooooo, this would be a problem over time. You'll have to spend twice as much energy, once to fire it and once to counteract the firing of the gun to keep the thing in a stable orbit.
edit on 18-2-2013 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

I agree with the fact that there has to be a stabilizing factor when shooting the Rail Gun. If not a rail gun what about a Laser Gun? This would be a better approach to situation

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There is a thread on this site with videos and descriptions of actual components of the star wars missile defense system...including stuff like these satellites...I think Slayer69 might have posted it...here you guys go...

PS. If they have videos of this stuff or pics then they have a fully operational system in place most likely. The drone space plane also has weapons systems aboard as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-2-2013 by JustJoe because: I found the thread...I was right it was Slayer69

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnarchist

I've seen some sh#t up there that I can't even explain and so won't even try. In short: keep an open mind about these things. They're real. Real unidentified flying phenomena exists in our atmosphere. I've seen it brother. It might not be aliens, but it's not "normal" either

Maybe someone else might be able to explain it, like say an astronomer?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Saw this thread today. Saw Phage do the usual "try to crush all with my superior reasoning" Vulcan thing. Rolled eyes. Left. Then saw this news story a few hours later;

U.S. researchers have outlined a plan for solar powered space defences which could vaporise an asteroid as big as the one which flew past Earth on Friday night in 60 minutes.
The same system could destroy asteroids 10 times larger in about a year, with evaporation starting at a distance as far away as the Sun, the researchers claim.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So, the technology exists on a small scale, shouldn't be too hard to make it a larger scale. I find it amusing that new technology is revealed to us when "they" think we're ready. For example, a car manufacturer has just announced a car that will have an HUD on the windshield, yet such technology has been in use in the military for decades.

I wonder not if this technology is up there, but how many?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by RadicalRebel

but merely to provide an example and evidence in responce to your question insinuating that type of technology did not exist...

You misunderstood.
I did not imply that such tech does not exist (though only one of your examples actually does).

I intended to ask this last night but i had fallen asleep, i was under the assumption
that all of the tech i linked to did in fact exist, thats why i linked it. If you could correct with more
than just a suggestive comment i would appreciate that.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
You could be on to something. There was some speculation that there may be an attempt to direct this asteroid into hitting Earth. I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks out later on to have happened.

If you wanted to direct an asteroid to hit Earth, you wouldn't wait until the asteroid was anywhere close to do it. You're not going to have a satellite shoot something going 33,000mph and have it do a left turn into the planet. You would have to shoot it far out in the solar system to nudge it enough to change the trajectory.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by goldenelf
Saw this thread today. Saw Phage do the usual "try to crush all with my superior reasoning" Vulcan thing. Rolled eyes. Left. Then saw this news story a few hours later;

U.S. researchers have outlined a plan for solar powered space defences which could vaporise an asteroid as big as the one which flew past Earth on Friday night in 60 minutes.
The same system could destroy asteroids 10 times larger in about a year, with evaporation starting at a distance as far away as the Sun, the researchers claim.

The only thing is that this type of technology can be theorized to work all we want but it has to be tested, tested and then tested again. A real life situation like this would bode perfect for such technology to be used in a real life situation which can add fuel to the fire of this entire thread/situation.
edit on 18-2-2013 by antmax21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If that is actually a missile being shot at DA 14 and not another asteroid passing by it, then it Looks to me like they missed...so let's pretend it was a missile ...then my question is this..., where did the missile go? Is it still going ? And since they shot the missile and it missed , it must have hit a different asteroid somewhere past da14,it had to have hit SOMETHING eventually.....what chain reaction of events would that cause? Because now you have just knocked several OtHER asteroids off their path and maybe that is what we are seeing now over Florida ,California, Cuba, Japan, etc.... We are now seeing the after effects of a mistake that backfired and is causing more havoc than good. ...?????

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
To ask a question again that I asked on page 2, in the op's video the narrator mentions something in Japan on 02/13/2013, could anyone tell me what event he is referring to please?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
[Originally posted by goldenelf

If they are openly talking about building such a device in a "year" then there is a high probability that they already have these systems up there, we the public only get released this type of technology long after "they" are done with it and now they can sell it as " new technology" to fund more bigger and better black ops weapons / technology.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

Hmmmm...no...the only Japan incident I know of happened on the 16 th...after the russian meteor ...and it was posted in a video by ATS member TROPIC..in the alien and UFO area. It shows a meteor shooting by the volcano during the nighttime on the webcame for the volcano..and looks like it hits behind it. That's the only Japan incident that I know of.....

Edit ..thread title is something like...meteor fire ball over Japan, same day as da14 pedigree, seen over fukajima volcano footage....
edit on 18-2-2013 by Meldionne1 because: Added thread

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm going to post this again, seems like it got lost on page 3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't post very much, just mostly read and move on, but as soon as I clicked on this thread, I knew I had seen the image in the OPs video somewhere else.

I suck at posting images but here is the link to a site called GIZMAG,
www.gizmag.com...

The image in the OPs video is the same one posted in this article about "Deep Space Industries", here is what the first part of the article has to say;

(Russian meteor strike prompts call for asteroid sentries)

" On the same day that a meteor exploded over Russia injuring almost a thousand people and an asteroid passed too close to Earth for comfort, the asteroid-mining company Deep Space Industries (DSI) proposes setting up sentry lines in space to track and study rogue asteroids posing a threat to Earth. Using technology originally intended for prospecting for water and minerals on asteroids, the sentry lines of satellites would provide information for deflecting potentially dangerous near-Earth objects."

I am curious now, did the guy who made the video just make a fake one using that image, or did this company actually use the technology already.

Here is more of the article;
"According to DSI, there are over 10,000 near Earth asteroids big enough to destroy a city and 900 more are discovered every year, yet very little is known about them. DSI’s proposal is to deploy sentry lines of satellites to track and intercept rogue asteroids to determine their threat and how to counter them.

The DSI plan is to set up its FireFly satellites to detect and track rogue asteroids. The FireFly was originally designed to target candidate asteroids for mining operations based on value, return times and learn their composition, structure and spin rate. These would be followed by small probes to intercept asteroids and gather close-up data on their structure and composition that would be important in deflecting them.

According to David Gump, CEO of Deep Space Industries, “Placing ten of our small FireFly spacecraft into position to intercept close encounters would take four years and less than US$100 million. This will help the world develop the understanding needed to block later threats.”

Interesting how the article talks about "Deflecting" these space rocks, "Intercepting Close Encounters" and in the end says "develop the understanding needed to block later threats".

Interesting stuff for sure.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Humour me here, but if DA14 is being reported as the largest sized known object to pass so close to earth, where does this place Tunguska- is this because we are not fully sure what happened at Tunguska?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
Humour me here, but if DA14 is being reported as the largest sized known object to pass so close to earth, where does this place Tunguska- is this because we are not fully sure what happened at Tunguska?

That one didn't pass earth.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

That one didn't pass earth.

is it as simple as that detail, ie, one is a near miss/hit and one obviously hit?
edit on 18-2-2013 by Credenceskynyrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Yes. Objects much, much larger than Tunguska are known to have hit Earth. But the ones that missed, we know nothing about.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Missing it this time means what next time. . .dun dun duuuuuuuuuuhhhh!

Nah, I'm just kidding, pretty wild, though.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

edit on 18-2-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join