Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

DA14 Was Shot? (Video) Not here....out there!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

1. Asteroid was only what? 15 meters long?
Stands to reason if you're spending the money to send it up to space you're not going to be shooting peas at stuff...
Projectile would have to be big enough & high enough speed to make a dent - object appears to be a fraction of the size which would be a reasonable projectile size & as far as the sensitivity of the telescope goes...it's looking at a 15m object closer to us that some satellites...seems sensitive enough - didn't seem like it was maxing out it's capability of light collection there.

2. I doubt this is the only sighting of this if it is indeed a physical object - like you said, lot's of people watching.
Perhaps this is the only public video at the moment considering most amateurs don't have the resources of NASA but the human eye is better than most cameras & there are some nice telescopes out there so I'm pretty sure someone else might have seen it

3. What's your point? If it was a test then they felt the risk of being caught of being identified as the nation responsible (whoever that would be) was less than the risk of not testing the system. If it was China (for example...could also be the US or Russia or Israel or Iran or Mexico or Argentina or India or Canada or Brazil or UK or Australasia or any of other 20 or 30 something countries that have satellites up there

Who was it? You wouldn't know - it's not like there would be a big flag on the side of a black ops launch system satellite.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

1. Asteroid was only what? 15 meters long?
50 meters in diameter. Give or take.

so I'm pretty sure someone else might have seen it
And yet, all we have is a single youtube video about it. A youtube video which is not even an original source. You don't think someone (with some credibility) wouldn't sort of mention it? I tried to make that point.

What's your point? If it was a test then they felt the risk of being caught of being identified as the nation responsible (whoever that would be) was less than the risk of not testing the system.
The risk of being caught was 100%. What would the risk be in not testing the system?
edit on 2/17/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here is my question if NASA is trying to hide things then why broadcast it? Seriously all that technology and they wouldn’t think to give themselves at least a 4or 5 minute delay before broadcasting to keep stuff from being seen? Where is the logic in supposedly being super secretive then broadcasting live?

Either they genius manipulators who are experts at covering things up or it’s in your imagination.

Here is another question we are looking at a 2 dimensional screen how does anyone know that these things are even close to each other. How are you judging the depth?

Sorry if I am trying to be too logical about this.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ya whatever....like they have never B/S with some excuse or another over the last 70 years or so about other things , oh it was just swamp gas , its Venus etc , most people would believe whatever lame excuse they come up with so I don't think that would concern them in the least.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

1. 50 meters...so the object would be what...maybe the size of a smart car? (assuming it is a physical object)

2. I would expect someone credible to eventually discuss this unless for some reason actions were taken to prevent the discussion in professional circles. Is this not being discussed anywhere else online at all? No amateur astronomer boards or college astronomy discussions? Honestly, that's a stupid question - you can't possibly know for sure since most of those meaningful discussions would take place on intranets & not necessarily archived on Google.

3. Ok, I'll rephrase that for you.
The "cost" of being "seen" outweighed not knowing if the system you spent years to design & launch would even do what it was designed to do (assuming rate of being seen @ 100% because of radar).
Being definitively & provably caught & identified as the acting space program responsible for said projectile is a whole other issue & definitely does not carry a risk rate of 100%.

Turns out that if this was a test is was probably a good thing it was run since the targeting system obviously isn't good enough to even hit a once in 50 years size asteroid that's relatively running over your foot.

ETA:

Seriously all that technology and they wouldn’t think to give themselves at least a 4or 5 minute delay before broadcasting to keep stuff from being seen? Where is the logic in supposedly being super secretive then broadcasting live?

we are looking at a 2 dimensional screen how does anyone know that these things are even close to each other. How are you judging the depth?

Good points. I tend to agree (don't tell Phage)

I want to make it clear that I'm not saying it's definitely black ops - just that it's not a completely absurd idea - that the ability is there.

I just don't understand the "it's not possible" routine when it's obviously "possible" if someone really wanted to & had a space program to do it.
edit on 17-2-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Okay so if a space agency sent some type of projectile at the asteroid the question is why?

To destroy it? Change its direction? Practice with some type of laser technology on even closer objects/future objects?

There is no way you can tell if that is space debris or some man made force...
There isn't much of a conspiracy here but there is evidence that an object flew by the asteroid..

BTW, where's the footage after the fact?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yeah... I saw this too... Pretty interesting and all.

Only problem is, even before the clip ends --- the alien laser beam is clearly missing it's target.
It goes right passed it.

If I could get a response to the above, I might be more inclined to think this is more than coincidental space debris.

It's very cool either way, but I'm skeptical of this.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

maybe the size of a smart car?
Not really any way to determine that from the video.

Is this not being discussed anywhere else online at all? No amateur astronomer boards or college astronomy discussions?
An actual object observed approaching the asteroid would be big news. It would not be limited to academic circles (or youtube channels) any more than the initial discovery of 2012 DA14 was.
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Being definitively & provably caught & identified as the acting space program responsible for said projectile is a whole other issue & definitely does not carry a risk rate of 100%.
Actually, it pretty much does. There aren't a lot of nations who are capable of accomplishing such a feat. Any object in orbit large enough to launch such an object would not be a secret and neither would its owner. Objects in Earth orbit are closely monitored, for a variety of reasons.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I would lke to know what type of 'shot' this was supposed to be, a missile interceptor? a kinetic interceptor? a partical beam weapon? it does look ust suspiciously enough to be a tumbling satellite or a piece of space junk, since it appears, and is seen and then disappears again. Maybe it was some LEO program that just happened to cross the trajectory of the asteroid, who's gonna know? nobody thats who !
NASA has missed Mars before, so I guess they may have just missed again!THis from a space agaency that has no manned space flight capability (Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge !

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Keep on keeping on Phage - I gotta do other things.

I understand that in your world there are no mysteries & no secret programs or satellites that can do anything other than what the book says they can.

It could be junk, could be miles away, could be something up with the camera...you're not wrong about that
- I get it, but I think it's also completely possible it could be a deliberate act due to human action.

Have a good one sir.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I understand that in your world there are no mysteries & no secret programs or satellites that can do anything other than what the book says they can.

I didn't say that.
I said that this video is no evidence of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Could be a glimps of the meteor that exploded over Russia. The one that missed was going south to north. The other object is crossing in a westward to eastward direction. Or possibly one of the other meteors sighted that day.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Could be a glimps of the meteor that exploded over Russia.

Problems with that:
1) Wrong side of the world.
2) 17+ hours after the Russian meteor.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
reply to post by loam

The first video shows DA14 and a shooting star. Nothing to do with any man-made missile attempting to shoot it down. No mystery here.

maybe maybe not

if hes right hes right
even if hes wrong hes right
because he doesnt know of hes wrong or right
which makes him right

you get what im saying lol

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by Phage

Keep on keeping on Phage - I gotta do other things.

It could be junk, could be miles away, could be something up with the camera...you're not wrong about that
- I get it, but I think it's also completely possible it could be a deliberate act due to human action.

Have a good one sir.

You are positing that we have set up a (failed and untested) defense system on the far reaches of Earth's orbit to deal with asteroids in the case of what exactly? And instead of offering up sources that back up this claim it's much easier to just go on based off of your imagination? And he is in the wrong for not doing that, is that correct?

The "tech" I'm referring to would be something to make use of known physics - I don't know... Off the top of my head - could be a magnetic system akin to a rail gun or a solid fuel system with a contained ignition to provide oxygen for the burn or even just a pressure based system

I'm sorry but lol? Where exactly did they find the time and money to not only secretly fund the building of a giant railgun (in space mind you), but also secretly ship the resources required to make and send this thing into space? The kind of money needed to build that kind of system and the time it would take to get it into orbit + assemble IN space (considering we're still in reality and have to deal with the limitations of size in modern day shuttles) would be so immense that it would be nearly impossible to hide the construction of this from either other military personnel or the public at large.

What's your point? If it was a test then they felt the risk of being caught of being identified as the nation responsible (whoever that would be) was less than the risk of not testing the system. If it was China (for example...could also be the US or Russia or Israel or Iran or Mexico or Argentina or India or Canada or Brazil or UK or Australasia or any of other 20 or 30 something countries that have satellites up there Who was it? You wouldn't know - it's not like there would be a big flag on the side of a black ops launch system satellite.

WE (as in the public) would probably never find out something like that if it was ever being developed in the first place. First you posited that it could be a projectile missile being shot from space (lol), now you're saying that it is, and that they 'felt the risk of being caught of being identified as the nation responsible (whoever that would be) was less than the risk of not testing the system'. From a military standpoint, this sounds like the silliest decision ever:

"We're going to fire our super top secret satellite defense weapon system that took years and lots of tax-payer money to build that we wanted to use to have an upper hand in war to shoot at a completely harmless asteroid that is heading away from Earth, even though this weapon system isn't accurate, and even though firing this weapon means that millions of people will see it and the militaries of other countries will know we have this technology, which will pretty much make this weapon useless, and also we will have to spend millions more sending materials up there to calibrate it and make it more accurate. And that's disregarding how in the hell we're going to get those guys back down here with the tech we're using now"

You really didn't just sit down and think it through?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Could have shot at the astroid as it passed. If this is a vid of it that is something to consider, i am sure they had a safety plan in place, but as Phage said, this isn't evidence; what I am saying is until it is proven that this is real it is not evidence.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
they shot something at it and missed i think it was another shooting star or something...wit todays technology they would have hit the asteroid with ease even att the speed it was traveling IMHO good video!! wish they wuld have hit it with somethiing

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I don't post very much, just mostly read and move on, but as soon as I clicked on this thread, I knew I had seen the image in the OPs video somewhere else.

I suck at posting images but here is the link to a site called GIZMAG,
www.gizmag.com...

The image in the OPs video is the same one posted in this article about "Deep Space Industries", here is what the first part of the article has to say;

(Russian meteor strike prompts call for asteroid sentries)

" On the same day that a meteor exploded over Russia injuring almost a thousand people and an asteroid passed too close to Earth for comfort, the asteroid-mining company Deep Space Industries (DSI) proposes setting up sentry lines in space to track and study rogue asteroids posing a threat to Earth. Using technology originally intended for prospecting for water and minerals on asteroids, the sentry lines of satellites would provide information for deflecting potentially dangerous near-Earth objects."

I am curious now, did the guy who made the video just make a fake one using that image, or did this company actually use the technology already.

Here is more of the article;
"According to DSI, there are over 10,000 near Earth asteroids big enough to destroy a city and 900 more are discovered every year, yet very little is known about them. DSI’s proposal is to deploy sentry lines of satellites to track and intercept rogue asteroids to determine their threat and how to counter them.

The DSI plan is to set up its FireFly satellites to detect and track rogue asteroids. The FireFly was originally designed to target candidate asteroids for mining operations based on value, return times and learn their composition, structure and spin rate. These would be followed by small probes to intercept asteroids and gather close-up data on their structure and composition that would be important in deflecting them.

According to David Gump, CEO of Deep Space Industries, “Placing ten of our small FireFly spacecraft into position to intercept close encounters would take four years and less than US$100 million. This will help the world develop the understanding needed to block later threats.”

Interesting how the article talks about "Deflecting" these space rocks, "Intercepting Close Encounters" and in the end says "develop the understanding needed to block later threats".

Interesting stuff for sure.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thank you very much for this, loam.

The "things" up there are worst than we can imagine.

The "shooter" is not "our"....
S&F.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by cybro
There was some speculation that there may be an attempt to direct this asteroid into hitting Earth. I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks out later on to have happened.

DA14 was a very well publicised event.
HEAPS of amateur astronomers have observed this and posted comments on various astronomy forum websites, together with a heap of photos and video.
If it was shot, if it was deflected, if its course was altered in any way at all, it would be observed by guys in their backyards.

If people got out from behind their keyboards and did some actual real life observing, they'd know this.

edit on 17-2-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

publized you say ?? Where exactly was it 'publized' cuz' I never heard of MSM/NASA EVER mentioning this bad boy skimming earth till like 3 days before
... even on ATS till the metor slammed into Russia; THEN it was ALL about DA14 ..

if it was publized on the net.. don't you think that people would be informed if they stayed on their computers a bit more in order to be informed?! .. since .. you know these days.. 60% of the worlds population is getting their news from the net......you know with smart phones and RSS feeds..

right..............................................?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join