It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

target shooting isn't just to get better at killing things I myself like to shoot targets for fun and that's all I do because it's fun. some people use targets to get better at things like skeet shooting or hunting or clay pigeon shooting and what have you. you are just stuck on your OPINION that guns are for just killing when that just is not entirely true.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

and that actually is a problem. Lust or love for guns and or shootings. We do not need to shoot. We choose to shoot. It is big difference, and what you choose directs your thoughts, feelings and life. You are not born with this "love". It is implanted in you, most likely through father, movies or army.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Wow, this is not a good thread at all. You are part of the problem yet you fail to realize it. It's quite scary to know that there are citizens that carry a wide array of assault rifles and machine guns... for literally no reason. There aren't mercenary groups terrorizing our citizens, there isn't a foreign nation invading our country... so why own multiple machine guns? With drum magazines? Yep, I'm sure you'll need that to kill a deer.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Like it was mentioned before - it's a tool. Sadly, a tool that requires very little effort & strength to use

Look at most (if not all) random shooting rampage and behind the killing tool is a 'weakling weighing 98 pounds, getting sand in his face when kicked to ground.'

The tool makes it easier kill in masses with little or no training.

Restricting the ease and increasing required skill should minimize the shootings.

A weakling with a blade will kill significantly less people before being beaten up.
A weakling with 30 or so projectiles will kill significantly more people before getting beaten up. It requires more skills to change out a magazine.

Edit : If they ban guns & you start seeing Nerds and Emo's juicing up - run.

-CN
edit on 16-2-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as stated above

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by poweref

and that actually is a problem. Lust or love for guns and or shootings. We do not need to shoot. We choose to shoot. It is big difference, and what you choose directs your thoughts, feelings and life. You are not born with this "love". It is implanted in you, most likely through father, movies or army.

Nope not a problem at all, yes i do come from a military family. But my dad owns one gun guess what as long as i can remember that gun has never worked, he keeps it for sentimental reasons. My stepdad had several guns, but guess what he used to hunt. Me my self i dont own a gun, i just like to go to the range and use there guns. Dont get me wrong though i will be getting a conceal and carry license and i can guarantee you I will not harm or kill any human being or animal with it. It will strictly be for target shooting because that's what I have fun doing. the only way somebody will be harmed by it would be if they were harming me with a gun.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The idea that “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” is flawed because while yes the individual holding the gun is ultimately responsible for pulling the trigger the existence of the gun gives the individual the means to kill hence the gun is also partly responsible for the death of another as it was the tool used.

First of all I have to agree that this "experiment" was quite pointless and also dangerous if he did actually point loaded guns at groups of people including children. Some times guns do go off by themselves and kill people. It has happened. But was it the guns fault, can we place the blame on the gun? No of course we can't, we blame the people who manufactured the crappy gun. I cannot understand at all why you are receiving so many stars for your ignorant posts, is ATS now an anti-gun crowd or is something else going on here?

Guns cannot hold "responsibility", they are not sentient beings capable of taking responsibility. They are chunks of matter configured in such a way that they propel smaller bits of matter really fast. ALL the responsibility of a gun murder is placed in the person who pulled the trigger. They could have just as well used a knife or even a pen to carry out the killing. Would we try to place part of the responsibility on the knife or the pen? No, we blame the insane person using them to commit acts of violence against others. Geez I don't even know why I'm explaining this crap...
edit on 16/2/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienmma
Wow, this is not a good thread at all. You are part of the problem yet you fail to realize it. It's quite scary to know that there are citizens that carry a wide array of assault rifles and machine guns... for literally no reason. There aren't mercenary groups terrorizing our citizens, there isn't a foreign nation invading our country... so why own multiple machine guns? With drum magazines? Yep, I'm sure you'll need that to kill a deer.

no whats scary is the fact that eventually we will have no way to defend ourselves against our corrupt government.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I am amazed at the amount of people commenting that do not understand the concept of satire obviously *sigh*

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

It's the adult male Barbie doll... getting that drum mag and bump firing all rounds in a matter of seconds is our Barbie dream house. Getting another carry pistol is our Ken doll...we'll fantasize being with it forever.

No homo.

-CN

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

funniest thread iv seen of guns to late good job its not the technology its the being with it SnF love it

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Great thread... I wanna make up 100 accounts so I can give you 100 flags

Side note.. Im never robbing your house cause you have way to many guns lol

SnF
edit on 16-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Yes, and i totally found the op quite humorous.
some people take life way too seriously.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Yes indeed you think you have only good thoughts.Let me take this example.

Lets assume that there is 18 year old boy who likes to shoot and practices every day for 10 minutes. In next 20 years, that man will hold gun in his hand for about 50 whole days. 50 whole days of just shooting and nothing else.

I just say, even with ALL best intentions from that man, he is playing very dangerous game and it could easily hurt himself, but also any other man, woman, child or anyone in any way.

So what is at stake here?
At stake is your personal joys, and risks of killing someone. And thats just about it :/
We get all that big risks, just for personal joy.

There is 1 thing i can tell you for sure. I heard often how kids acidenty shoot someone in homes while playing with parents "unalowed" toys. I can guarantee you that you wond fint any case of that type in houses where are no guns in first place

P.S. Want more numbers?
Multiply our 50 days of shooting with for example 10,000 people in USa. You would get 1369 years of combined shooting - in just 20 years.
edit on 16-2-2013 by poweref because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

It's the adult male Barbie doll... getting that drum mag and bump firing all rounds in a matter of seconds is our Barbie dream house. Getting another carry pistol is our Ken doll...we'll fantasize being with it forever.

No homo.

-CN

Haha I understand where you are coming from, everyone has interests, but there should be a line that is drawn. I mean, I'd love to own a tank but that wouldn't be too smart would it? Just like a citizen shouldn't own a heavy machine gun with drum magazines.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"By this time I was convinced that I had been lied to by the government."

Why cant more people come to this obvious conclusion?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Haha, I've been waiting for someone to make this observation effectively. Well done sir. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

If we wanna stop this escalation of random massacres and senseless murders in the street... then maybe we should consider attacking the problem from its source - in this case, our obscenely toxic and deeply corrupted feeble excuse for a society and the spineless swine who "run it" - and not the symptoms.

A man does not kill another man because he can. He kills another man because he wants to. It makes no difference what instrument ends a life. Guns are convenient weapons for killings - sure. But banning them and expecting the problem to go away is f#cking ridiculous to say the least. I'd be surprised if it makes any difference whatsoever.

Which saddens me to be honest... because I wonder how many more innocent lives will be wasted while we bicker amongst ourselves about petty bullsh#t.

This is by far the weirdest, most-backwards planet I've ever lived on

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

By the title of the thread I thought, great another study done by Dr Sherlock from the No S*** institute. To my surprise it was a sarcastic way of proving a point

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I kind a like the closing statement

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alienmma

Funny thing is if you could pony up the dough, you could own a tank. There quite a few tank collectors around.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

Say what you will but i know my intentions, and as i stated no human (or animal)will be harmed unless they are harming me with a gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join