It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Oh My. . .now THIS is MY kind of POSTER!!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by godrick

What purpose would one choose to do so???

Altogether the only purpose of a gun is to kill something and why are you suggesting otherwise

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

and why are you suggesting that guns are only made to kill people when that is not entirely true.
Pleas tell me how a gun kills people when there is no PERSON to operate the gun.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

That is like Baloney as the OP has presented a definition of "Guns" in reation to the topic.

Again the function of guns is to kill, they serve no other function

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

they serve plenty of other functions as I have pointed out in a previous post.
how can you ignore the other uses of guns that have clearly been pointed out?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If the goal is saving lifes then ban knives as well... People seem to forget psychopathic killers go back further than guns.. and killing well that is obvious
Like I said earlier and people just conveniently chose to ignore.. Whether it's Jack the Ripper stabbing people to death or Ted Bundy kidnapping and killing girls or Adam Lanza shooting kids there will ALWAYS be evil in the world and there is no way you can regulate evil.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

W.B will be on this thread soon to call you a neocon,and say you are being culturally insensitive to guns.

*FOR THE RECORD*

I used guns from a few different countries because I didn’t want to skew the results or show favoritism, and I only slapped around and provoked a black pistol because I didn’t have a white, pink or green pistol to use for the test.

edit on 16-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

You're lucky that black pistol didn't accidentally go off and shoot you in the a** when you were slapping it around. Guns are sensitive about things, like reckless input.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by Kashai

Hunting is killing and as far as target practice that is also meant for killing in a more efficient way. What other possible purpose are you referring too??? As a deterrent the whole idea is that someone
could end up dead.... so what is your point????

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Kind of a stupid thread really.

Cocaine. "Harmeless"using your method of putting together a 'study'.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thanks a lot sherlock holmes!

btw, your cat is awesome.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

reply to post by Kashai

Hunting is killing and as far as target practice that is also meant for killing in a more efficient way. What other possible purpose are you referring too??? As a deterrent the whole idea is that someone

How do you propose an elder woman defends her self from an attacker? How do you suppose college girls living alone defend them selves from attackers?

Psychopathic killers target gun free zones am i right? Do we really want the whole country being a gun free zone?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
edit on 16-2-2013 by Redwhiteandblue because: Double posted sorry

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Pssst, anti-gun advocates don't make the argument that guns kill people. They make the argument that guns make killing people much more efficient.
and this claim is true. Whether you think it validates banning guns is a different story. I don't think it does.

stats

Making the counter argument that guns don't kill people is kind of dumb.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwhiteandblue

Originally posted by Kashai

reply to post by Kashai

How do you propose an elder woman defends her self from an attacker? How do you suppose college girls living alone defend them selves from attackers?

Psychopathic killers target gun free zones am i right? Do we really want the whole country being a gun free zone?

Pretty much the same way they defended themselves before there were guns
No I think that that people should be registered and clips should be smaller.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You Brits were good at killing with swords ,bows , knives , poison and spears . Or have you forgotten that .I suppose we need to outlaw baseball bats , forks , fireplace tools , the candle sticks and what ever it was that castrated you people . You are going to wish you had a gun soon when the Muslims start taking over .

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Seabag, I think this should have been used in your experiment presentation because apparently Seth MacFarlane also understands the truth of your findings

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't think you can place blame on something that isn't alive, can't reason, has no intelligence. So by your thought process spoons are the reason for the obese, not the person who might have a **medical disorder**. I didn't blame my cigarettes for giving me Bronchitis, no I blamed myself for not seeing that I was doing harm to myself. A car is just as deadly, maybe more so given the circumstance, but we don't blame Ford, Dodge, BMW, Lincoln for the people who get killed by cars.

We as a species need to realize we do this all to ourselves. If we throw medical care into the ditch and expect nothing bad to come from it...then we will never become a progressive and efficient race. We humans are so afraid of death, dying and the after, that we run to it, shockingly fast.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

wow just wow. guns dont kill people... spechless.
ofc they dont but people do, and give them a gun, its much more likely that they will,

never heard of anyone running amok bare fist in a school or mall and killing about 20 humans,
but well thats just my experience maybe im wrong

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
lol...

Would've laughed if I read a post on here in a few months time:

*so I just left all these loaded weapons out in public and the cops came and took me away.. it's fascism!! then once I was released I had a beer with pol pot and stalin.. hitler was forever hogging the can.. must've been the schnitzel.

honestly what a moronic thread.. thanks for the laugh though.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hunger for killing, or hunger to stay alive? The thing is violence in movies and media are doing great thing in promoting weapons. Like there is anything good in them, they are here not to defend, but to kill. Only purpose of weapon is to kill and not to defend. So by putting a lot of weapons in game, you are forcing people to push limits of what is acceptable and normal and what is not. Killing is neanderthal unintelligent behaviour, and if you enjoy having gun or practise shooting you are one of them
and plenty of people here on forum suffer from that even now in ages after 2012

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join