It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by WP4YT

you must have missed it where it was pointed out that he didn't actually do this it was all satire(sp?)

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

fair enough but still some anti-gun liberal is going to mistake the satire and try to get this guy in trouble.

That's what liberals do best, blow everything out of proportion and take everything wrong. I think it's why we need wonderful satires like Seabag's to push their buttons. The liberals want to act childish, why not capitalize on it?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
This wasnt funny, clever or valid when posted by those 2 hillbilllys on youtube and its not funny, clever or valid after youve plagiarised them and passed it off as your own great idea.

I would love to see the average IQs of gun owners vs non gun owners, the fact anyone finds this amusing or compelling says alot

for somebody who claims to know stuff, you're proving to know very little with comments like this. Just sayin

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

Originally posted by seabag

I loaded 25 rounds of 5.56mm +P ammunition into a HI CAPACITY MAGAZINE, charged a round into the chamber and set it on the front porch with the SAFETY OFF (maybe that was the problem). I elevated the rifle by resting it across the arms of a chair so it could see all of the children at play. If anything was going to happen, now was the time.

I don't think pointing a loaded gun at children whether or not it's in your hands and the safety is off is the greatest idea. And posting about it online is probably a worse idea.

I'm very pro 2nd-amendment and a gunowner myself but that's kind of foolish and I wouldn't be surprised if some liberal on this site will try to turn you in.

I believe this was all tongue-in-cheek, and he never pointed anything at anyone. It's sort a parody on people like these idiot teachers that reprimand kids for having a piece of paper shaped like a gun, or a nerf gun or toy gun.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

please people read, he didn't actually do this quit calling the man irresponsible please.
and besides that, if he really did do this little experiment it was clearly pointed out that he was watching the guns its not like he just left them there unattended.

it was just a joke to prove a point that these gun laws the gubment wants to pass are ridiculous, and won't keep guns out of criminals hands.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I hate hearing the argument, "countries with strict gun laws have less violent crimes involving guns."

Yeah, well there are less shark attacks in the midwest too. What's your point?
It doesn't mean you are any safer. Violent crime is violent crime, I don't care what kind of tool they are using to attack you with.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by vtr99

I agree, and it's nice to have a little humor while proving a point.
I see nothing wrong with the OP at all and I thought it was very humorous in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

In the United Kingdom, annual deaths resulting from firearms total 2010: 155

Where did you get your stats?

Source

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gigaherc
reply to post by seabag

Naive and weak populism at best, sprinkled with ignorance - this is your post my dear Sir.

Stating the obvious in funny (mainly to yourself) way and delivering your statement in hammy convoluted way does not change the fact that people having less guns equals more people overall killed but less people killed with guns.

I corrected your quote so it's statistically accurate based on nations that have done gun grabs.

I hope you don't mid.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Seabag, this was one of the best threads I have read on here in a very long time. I have had a blast reading how some of the posters were calling you various "labels" for leaving those guns unattended like that.

Very funny and valid satirical experiment. I believe you got the results that you had intended. S&F

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

yes and he also got results he didn't intend to get, which was how many people take life way too seriously.
it was like two experiments in one.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Nuclear bombs don't kill people, people kill people

The only thing about this experiment I don't like is that you left a bunch of weapons on the porch and didn't assume a person might come up and take one
.. I hope that you atleast made sure that no one tried to take one.. You'd be in a sinking boat if someone did and used it for their own purposes

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
Nuclear bombs don't kill people, people kill people

The only thing about this experiment I don't like is that you left a bunch of weapons on the porch and didn't assume a person might come up and take one
.. I hope that you atleast made sure that no one tried to take one.. You'd be in a sinking boat if someone did and used it for their own purposes

And i would hope you atleast read the posts where it says this was just satire, he didn't actually do this.
It was a joke to prove a point, and has been pointed out several times by several people.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: because i can

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Guns DON’T kill people after all.

I don't often log in. Or post. Or even visit this site.

But I felt it was necessary to log in and let you know that I love you.

10/10, would read again.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

What is stupid is thinking a gun can go off all by it's lonesome the op made a point that was obviously lost on some.

And the OP made the very real, very valid point with a large bucket full of very funny humour!

Well done OP, was laughing my socks off when you said you were taunting the pistols.

Ban antidepressants, ADD, ADHD and Anti-anxiety drugs, and legalise purer, safer, natural and vastly less profit driven 'alternatives' that do exactly the same thing but in a better way, instead of guns.

Didn't someone discover the majority of so-called 'shooters', all were having prescription head meds shovelled down their chops and the dosage increased just prior to their rampage?

That's pretty telling in my book, but then again, it's a market worth hundreds of Billions, so let's keep it quiet, shall we?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And......latest study carried out over every country on the planet reviewing each individual case carefully and with full impartiality proves beyond all reasonable doubt that guns only kill when a person pulls the trigger........

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I would call this Op a troll..

First : The goverment has never said it's the gun that kills people, thats why they are regulating what you as a person can do with the gun.

Second : You later said that guns can prevent crimes, now leave your guns on the porch, i will send over a bunch of killers, maniacs to your house, and watch as they walk past your harmless gun selection sitting on the porch doing nothing to prevent them from entering the house.

You see, it works both ways, guns don't protect anything or anyone unless in the hand of someone, and the same thing goes for killing people.

Your "experiment" is a flaw and you are trolling ATS with your flaw, the most embarrassing thing is you get rewarded for it and the Mods are allowing it

edit on 17-2-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

oh my god, relax dude he didn't really do this my God take a chill pill people.
get a freaking sense of humor and lighten up damn.
and he is not trolling, you should really read all the posts before you start attacking op.
the mods aren't going to do anything, he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

I could say you're trolling too but I'm not gonna cause I'm not a dick, nor do I like going around claiming everybody's a freakin troll.

That word is getting thrown around too much around here, it is getting quite annoying.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
guns actually do kill people, lots of people every day. there is no arguement to say you can do the same with a knife etc. i'd shoot every last one of them off the face of the earth if i could

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I suggest some of you enroll in a simple logic class. The OP made a true statement, and then proved it. Why some of you are still holding on to the "guns kill people" mantra is only evidence of brainwashing. Any object can be used to kill someone, but none actually kill on their own. I don't posses a law degree, but I don't believe a gun was ever charged in a murder case.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I know, and i am chill.

Problem is, he state several times that he is using logic, which he isn't, he postet it in General Conspiracies forum and not in the Joke forum, that should mean that he is kind of serious about the topic and is trying to prove a point, which again he isn't, and last the Mods didn't move it to the Joke forum where it belongs.

And you can't say i am a troll, as i am on topic and my points are the truth

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join