It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Hole in Russia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
But that's where i have a problem with a concealed Russian airbase too EC...how does Russia persuade every international satellite imaging company to go along with their wishes to blacken the area?

Bribes? Threats to release Russian spy satellite images of US or European areas which those countries would rather not become public knowledge either?

Maybe there is something in the area that every major nation would rather not become public...ancient structures, or pyramids or something similar maybe?

It's probably not hard. Releasing info on their secret installations would result in the other country also releasing information. It wouldn't surprise me if Russia doesn't even negotiate with the map companies but rather it's the US government saying, for the good of international relations you need to block out certain areas.

Regardless of who tells them to comply though, there's a lot of incentives to do so. Everything from averting cyber attacks to market access. Just about every developed country on the planet has blurred out spots, it's the modern day equivalent of putting Groom Lake on a map.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk

Originally posted by kimish
It's the Russian area 51

Actually, I don't think so. If you look at the topo maps and the satellite maps of the surrounding terrain the area is totally not condusive to any type of building. There are rivers and water everywhere, the terrain is arctic trundra, any civil engineering works there would be near impossible. Even traveling in the area would be next to impossible. You'd need some kind of a semi-amphibious tracked vehicle...which floated, to even get around. Plus, there doesn't appear to be a flat section of ground for a hundred miles in any direction, not to mention the fact that there are no roads, no rail lines, no power lines, literally no infrastructure at all leading into, or out of, this location.

Going by this description, if i was an alien, i would find this area the perfect place to take up residency

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
found this might be interesting read

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by xquietonex

You nailed it. Elements of the radar and launch tubes match up. Going for a joy ride

S-300PMU2

Yay me, do I win a prize?

I would SO be tempted...but what does one launch at? Probably lock on to a mountainside for kicks
Too bad my Russian is poor at best.

But seriously, nice security Russkies!

ETA: Where'd OP go? Russians in suits show up at his door or has he tired of the speculative derails?

edit on 14/2/2013 by xquietonex because: ETA

edit on 14/2/2013 by xquietonex because: contraction fail

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I zoomed in on the weather satellite (link below) and as you can see there are four tower like structures.
They seem too geometrical to be natural structures. They make a perfect diamond and the structures cast a long shadow. The satellite images are from 2013.

www.accuweather.com...

I have no idea what they could be, but look out of place to me.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by Jodlum66

I know, I'm with you.

What is scary about it are the people that inhabit that place. There are some hardcore hackers there that can really, really mess up your computer if you happen to wander into the wrong area.

The place is also known to be infested with federal agencies of one sort or another. I would guess that all of the "murder for hire" advertisements are completley flase and /or setups.

It basically reminds me of what the internet used to be circa 1997-ish. *shrug*

It's not that hard to access- I myself have access to it through .Tor.

It's nothing special- just some images and boards like this but full of drugs and hitmen etc.

I'm probably in deep web more than I'm on 'normal' web.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just for context, below is a satellite image from a area a few hundred miles to the south of this area. As you can see it is a series of nuclear submarine pens complete with boomers in their slips. The point here is, if something was going to be kept secret and obscured it would be something like this, yet it is in plain view and pretty high resolution.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lambchop

As previously noted, the accuweather images utilize a base map from Bing. The base map from Bing has been manipulated in the area in question. There are clearly some cut & pastes as well as areas cloned together to cover up something else.

I had studied these Bing maps some time ago. Just northwest of the location you're speaking of you will find the image below. It too is odd, but given that the base maps are already proven to have been manipulated, I didn't spend too much time trying to figure out what it was because the whole source is suspect.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

The GeoFuse image shows a large-sized "flat" terrain that would be ideal for something. Different topology than the mountain range all around it.

I'd agree with some other comments that it might be an old or active Russian ICBM missile site.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So, this is pretty conclusive evidence of a cover up. Below is a screenshot from yet another Russian satellite, except this one is a little different. If you look carefully, you can see the terrain under the blacked out area. Follow the rivers, ridges and sharp features. You can't see enough to recognize anything, but there's definitely something there.

edit - looks like my image got truncated or auto-cropped, but you can still see what I'm talking about

edit on 2/14/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: edit comment

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I played with the light/dark levels in a photo editor using that photograph since it's semi transparent. It reveals a little more of the terrain.

imgur.com...

It doesn't reveal what's there but you can see how the terrain looks atleast.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Great thread. It's something I had no idea existed and it does sound that this could be the russian "Area51". Hope you and others can find more info on this place and solve the mistery. Damn you.... You made me curious now, i won' t be able to sleep tonight....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreyGoo

Going by this description, if i was an alien, i would find this area the perfect place to take up residency

LOL ... when working myself through this thread I actually had the same thought after a while. But then again: If I WAS a superior & intelligent ET, I'd have the tech to make myself indistinguishable from the environment. No need for any blurring etc., so I'd opt for that russian cover-up instead!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

does this relate at all?

edit on 15-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It's def odd to chop out the area, rather than cut n paste.

Anyway, on the topic of why US assets would blur a sensitive Russian site..? Well, the US has sites they want skewed on the maps produced by Russian assets, a quid pro quo.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
Entrance to Hades? No joke. Ever heard of that recording of Russians drilling down to hear the tectonic plates?
They heard millions of screaming people.

I also have a Russian step Aunty who 'KNOWS' that Hades and the Leader Gog is under the North of Russia. I asked her the question of Hades and she answered matter of factly, as if all Russians know that.

Tungunska was an ancient defence system to stop missles from outer space opening up Hades before its appointed time.
Which is what the Mayan calendar was all about; calculating the end of the prison time of the first occupants. The rest that joined them were not supposed to be there, and they will be coming out too.

I believe the screaming people thing was a hoax, unless that's just a cover up.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

This is absolutely the best Hi Res satellite image that I can find of the area. Sorry if someone else already posted it.

www.reddit.com...

(I outlined the area in question)

Here's a zoom,

You can view a larger image at the link. I'm too sleepy to go through the photo with a fine tooth but I'll check back in the morning. I'm sure some of you guys will already have some nice finds by then.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Could it be one of those metallic domes that emit radiation which have been discussed here on ATS in the russian tundra and this one is viewable from satellite ?

I wish I had the ATS link to the russian domes

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-2-2013 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
For Petes sake. Go back on Google timeline. There's nothign there. It's just some error...

or maybe it's real and some huge brown alien rectangle has landed and pooped on the land

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
You've certainly done your research on this area.
I'm intrigued. I haven't seen any other ' blurry' sections before and its usually rectangles with straight lines.

Anyways this imagery is from August 2005 - shows nothing

For comparison, this is 2011 - with the blurry spot

I can't upload them at this time, it helps to view them together.
edit on 15-2-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join