It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious domes of Siberia's valley of death.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+120 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A large area of mostly unexplored sub-arctic wasteland and coniferous forest called the Siberian taiga lies just south of the arctic tundra. Yakutia is an area of one hundred square kilometers which is very sparsely populated wilderness.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3dc3b7bd7eae.jpg[/atsimg]

One particular area is said to contain strange dome shaped objects or iron houses half buried in the permafrost. Local legends associate the domes with the ancient demons of the taiga and the local inhabitants tell tales of the odd effects they have on wildlife and people. An unknown illness which kills those who stay too long caused the local tribes to call the place 'Uliuiu Cherkechekh' The valley of death.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b91a5564f75.jpg[/atsimg]

The dome-shaped objects are said to be made of a copper-like metal, only it can't be scatched or damaged, has razor-sharp edges and is unlike any known material.

The thing is that even a sharpened cold chisel will not mark the ‘cauldrons’ (we tried more than once). The metal doesn’t break off and can’t be hammered. On copper a hammer would definitely have left noticeable dents. But this ‘copper’ is covered over with a layer of some unknown material resembling emery. Yet it’s not an oxidation layer and not scale — it can’t be chipped or scratched either. Mikhail Koretsky

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1bf08d43c05.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66c282adfdc8.jpg[/atsimg]

The domes are scattered throughout a large area and there are said to be many of them. Some are standing on columns while others appear to have sunken into the ground leaving only the dome on top visable. Most have a small man-hole like cover or opening on the very top. Inside them the temperature is warm despite the bitter cold outside and there are even reports of people seeing the bodies of 'black one-eyed beings'. This along with nearby patches of odd vegitation and the illness with which thier visitors become afflicted, make the stories of the domes very intriguing and certainly worthy of further investigation.

Some people claim that the domes tie in to the Tunguska incident and other reports of fireballs both falling from the sky and coming up from underground. A nearby series of gorges known as 'the laughing chasms' are said to also be linked with the fireballs and a local legend which tells of fiery giant who dwells inside.

The 1950s saw the soviet military use the area for atomic testing due to it's remoteness and very sparse population. One test proved suprising because for unknown reasons, the ten megaton bomb produced a twenty to thirty megaton explosion.

Many hypotheses for the origin of the domes exist from crashed alien spacecraft or ancient power stations to a weapon built by extraterrestrials early in the history of mankind. Whatever their true nature it seems there is, at the very least, an incentive for archeological investigation into the objects and area in general.

Check the links for more information and get back to me with your thoughts

thanks

Linkys:
www.forteantimes.com...

www.ufodata.co.uk...

www.astrologycom.com...

library.thinkquest.org...

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Chonx]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is way bad azz. Very intrigueing indeed. Great find SnF.
Why are there no photos, hope it's not a hoax. This sounds very
cool. get it.

You're probably goonna be flammed with out there being photos in stead of the renditions. Cool if it's for real.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I remember watching a video about the Russian military investigating one of these objects, but I have no idea if it was a hoax.

Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

If it's true and I hope it is, then one I wish we could see some pictures of these domes and columns. This isn't the only time I was shown (except in this case) actual pictures of stuff from that area of the world that I never new about. One was posted on this site last year of Rock formations that where several stories tall 8 or more on an open plain in Russia or Mongolia I don't remember but it was weird. And then on another post about weird alien plants and trees where they showed some trees that look like they could be from Altair 7. I bring this up because maybe in these remote areas and such are evidence of an ancient time and the reason we don't know about it is because WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS AREA. Back before the internet is what it is today, we had to get our information from people, television, radio and going to a library and finding a book. With the advent of this technology people all around the world are able to post information that for them may be common knowledge but to us may be something we have never heard off. And finding out information like this makes it possible to connect pieces of data that everyone is getting to get some picture of a situation.

Not alot is known or out about this area, it could be just a place where nuclear blasts where conducted around the clock. As I said before there is more evidence of something weird that has been hidden out in the "marshes" of human civilization.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Forgive me if this is a stupid idea - but couldn't somebody use google earth to find these disks?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Unexplored areas of our planet fascinate me. I have never heard of these domes, and the Siberian wasteland intrigues me.

Thank you for the thread.

Maybe they are ancient nuclear waste sites. (illness).

And wasn't Tesla involved with Siberia somehow? (forgive me, my memory).

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlyer96
Forgive me if this is a stupid idea - but couldn't somebody use google earth to find these disks?

I have been trying and I found the rough area in which they are supposed to reside, yet due to the lack of imaging around that area I doubt one would be able to make out an object such as these.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
It turns out that the death valley is the site of many of the russian nuclear bomb tests. As well, the largest ever nuke was dropped here which was the Tzar Bomba, which was a 50Megaton beast. These nukes could be the reason for people becomming ill after visiting.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

If these things are known, and the location is known, and people have seen them and made sketches of them. Then why are there no pictures or video of them?

I'm not saying I don't believe this...but why would someone go out there...try to scratch it with a chisel and not take a picture??? Unless all these accounts pre-date cameras...I would suspect someone would have taken a picture.

So is there a reason there are no pictures?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatAmI

Hmm - ya I tried too and the resolution was too low to make out anything

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Chonx

If these things are known, and the location is known, and people have seen them and made sketches of them. Then why are there no pictures or video of them?

I'm not saying I don't believe this...but why would someone go out there...try to scratch it with a chisel and not take a picture??? Unless all these accounts pre-date cameras...I would suspect someone would have taken a picture.

So is there a reason there are no pictures?

Being that it's apparently an incredibly hard to reach area, I imagine not many people make their way to this site. Likely the accounts predate camera technology, but I agree that we should look into this further.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Here's a google search link relating to the Domes.

www.google.co.nz...

Really interesting thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Nice thread. I particularly enjoyed the Fortean Times link...not many sites offer the depth that the FT is capable of. No idea what the 'cauldrons' might be, but a fascinating story anyway.

Looking at Yakutia's website was another eye-opener. The place is just massive...almost as big as India and a population of around a million. A mill sounds a lot, but not at all when spread over nearly 2 MILLION square miles.

In 1989, the population of Yakutia was estimated at 1 000 000, including 50% of Russians, 33% of Yakuts, 7% of Ukrainians and 2,3% of autochtons. Some 100 nationalities were recorded.
Cold, empty, boring and beautiful. Come to Yakutia!!

Flagged cuz its interesting

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

better get pictures fast

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've been looking around the Russian websites to see if there are any photographs or other accounts to add to the OP. The same guy that is in the FT is interviewed on a site that offers a diagram of a 'cauldron.'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be4ec71a55d1.jpg[/atsimg]

Now we know the exact GPS-coordinates of the "boiler", and if the other expeditions will want to go in our steps, we can pass the information gathered. "Ivan Matskerle acknowledged that he would again visit Russia. After all, there riddles - field nepahanoe. "For example, in the territory of Yakutia are a lot of interesting puzzles. There is a lake Labynkyr, Hayyr and gate, which, according to the evidence of Soviet geologists, lives a monster. In addition, in the territory of Yakutia are the bones of mammoths, but there is evidence that in the late 19 th century Yakut hunters have seen living mammoths. And, supposedly, in their search for a group of young people went from Yakutsk and never returned - disappeared in the taiga. And only six months later found one of the participants, who went mad and told some strange things. About this legend, I would like to know more detail at this time, but not enough time. I also read that in the Urals is a mysterious valley of death, where people disappear. There, a strange fog, and people found there with a strange reddening of the skin, similar to traces of bleeding.
Russian website

He's quite a character and would probably be pretty popular in the West. He's taken explosives to the Mongolian desert to try and flush out the legendary critter...Mongolian Death Worm. He's led an expedition to discover the castles in Stoker's Dracula. He's been to Madagascar looking for a tree that kills people too..all great crypto adventures...

He apparently dug up this alien looking item in Mongolia...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa7ff67d5c91.jpg[/atsimg]

"I remember one of our trip - to Madagascar, where we searched for traces of wood-eating. Instead of trees, feeding on people, we found there trees "kumanga", which is called "diabolical". This tree, which can kill from a distance. Their pollen is poisonous, in calm weather around the tree formed a poisonous space. If a branch of the tree sits a bird, then immediately drop dead, and if a person sits down to rest under it, it would not wake up. Then the locals found his skeleton and begin to suspect that a tree devouring all living things. These trees grow only in one part of Madagascar, and the natives are so afraid that burn. "
Same as above

I found an English rendition of the Russian website above that offers similar details to the FT article...Mysterious cauldrons in Siberia´s “ Valley of Death ” More links at the foot of this article repaste...Yahoo Groups

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A picture for these mentioned objects would help tremendously! If these objects are real then it would most def. be interesting to see the inhabitants.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

N(ice) find.. couldn't help myself sorry

Interesting story though, for some reason as soon as I saw the first picture I had a strange longing feeling.. like I really want to go there but have no idea why.

Going to check the rest of the links now, thanks for something fresh

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
just a thought...., could these be debris or parts of a spent Nuke
Somebody mentioned the testing that went off nearby... The thing that made me think that was that when people tried to go in.. it was warm? maybe radioactive?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Great thread. Something interesting, new and refreshing.

Are there any recounts from explorers who have described seeing or at least referencing these oddities? These could help.

Google Earth is no luck. I've tried zooming in as much as possible throughout some areas of interest and even if there was something there to be seen I wouldn't have seen it on Google Earth. I'll have a look around myself as well but thats why older recounts of these (surely there are some) may help us pinpoint a more specific region to examine based on possible citations of surrounding geographical features.

Happy hunting.

EDIT ADDITION 1:

Found this. It supports statements from the OP in regards to the properties of these things:

In ancient times, the Valley of Death was part of a nomadic route used by the Evenk people, from Bodaibo to Annybar and on to the coast of the Laptev Sea. Right up until 1936, a merchant named Savvinov traded on the route; when he gave up the business, the inhabitants gradually abandoned those places. Finally, the aged merchant and his granddaughter Zina decided to move to Siuldiukar. Somewhere in the land between two rivers that is known as Kheldyu ("iron house" in the local language), the old man led her to a small, slightly flattened reddish arch where, beyond a spiral passageway, there turned out to be a number of metal chambers in which they then spent the night. Zina’s grandfather told her that even in the harshest frosts it was warm as summer in the chambers.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Don't know who accurate that recount is though.

EDIT ADDITION 2:

Found some more info from Mikhail Koretsky:

“We didn’t come across shafts going down into the ground with chambers. But I did note that the vegetation around the ‘cauldrons’ is anomalous — totally different from what’s growing around.

It’s more opulent: large-leaved burdock, very long withes, strange grass, one and a half or two times the height of a man. In one of the ‘cauldrons’ the whole group of us (6 people) spent the night. We didn’t sense anything bad and calmly left without any sort of unpleasant occurrences.

Nobody fell seriously ill afterwards. Except that three moths later one of my friends lost all his hair.

And on the left side of my head (the side I slept on) three small sore spots the size of match-heads appeared. I’ve tried to get rid of them all my life, but their still with me today.

Koretsky states that he was in posession of a stone which he believed to be a part of the 'couldron'. He said it was smooth and had no signs of workmanship. He went on to say that he brought the stone with him and he continues...

"In 1937 I gave the stone to my grandfather, but that autumn he was arrested and taken to Magadan where he lived on without trial until 1968 and then died. Now no-one knows where my stone got to...”

www.ufodata.co.uk...

This Siberian Death Valley is very intriguing, it seems there's a lot more going on than just these 'domes'. I'm reading recounts of similar Tsunguska type events, massive 'explosions' of fire accompanied by 'trembling grounds'. I don't want to hijack the OP's thread with that though.

EDIT ADDITION 3:

Great, starting to find some more info. Check out this travelers tale:

In 1936, a geologist visiting the Olguidakh River (the “place with a cauldron”), found a ‘cauldron’ that was not completely submerged. A smooth hemisphere of metal 2cm thick and with razor-sharp edges, it was reddish in colour. Barely a fifth of it was above ground and the opening in its vault was accessible to a person sitting on a reindeer. The geologist sent its description to the capital city Yakutsk, but no one paid any attention.

www.forteantimes.com...

In a lot of these articles there are mentions of the radiation levels of the Valley of Death region and how it seems to be fluctuating at higher rates than any surrounding regions. Can anybody help verify these claims? I can't find any scientific data. I don't want to believe all these claims are false, but if they are then how could this be explained:

While conducting our aerial search for the ‘cauldrons,’ we had found yet another peculiar place – a perfectly circular field of rusty brown boulders where the compass needle went wild. A magnetic mountain?

?

Interesting stuff.

[edit on 17/2/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAmI
It turns out that the death valley is the site of many of the russian nuclear bomb tests. As well, the largest ever nuke was dropped here which was the Tzar Bomba, which was a 50Megaton beast. These nukes could be the reason for people becomming ill after visiting.

Tsar Bomba was dropped on the island of Nova Zembla, not Yakutia.

Also, those tales are interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join