It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Hole in Russia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Whoever said that nothing can be built here is just ignorant of either the terrain or construction and engineering. Levelling ground to build something at a certain location is done all the time, and the US military has done it in some not so habitable places. Just look at the infrastructure that is already present in these areas of Russia. How did they get all of those huge mining vehicles and equipment into such a hostile place if it is impossible?

Its remoteness is the perfect defense for a military installation, and we know the Soviets did this with their labor camps as well, as to make escape foolish. The upside to building something secret in such a place is that only a satellite will be able to detect what is there. My advice to the OP, check out whether the airspace is restricted. I do not know of all that many flights that would be going through that area, but if there are any civilian flights, then the area may be a no fly zone for these flights. There are some big cities in east Russia, so this may be a good lead.

Building in areas like this is not impossible, it is just impractical for anyone but those who are doing something secret. The military would almost nullify security by building out there. Another place that intrigues me about Russia is Tunguska. There is enough credible evidence both from the scientists who have visited the area, as well as the indigenous peoples, to suggest that giant spheres of metal have sunk into the boggy terrain.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

True, that...but do you find it surprising? From what I have seen of the 'black holes', it's all rather in-your-face.

Like how many of us are going to go to Russia and hike to the region? OP might be interested enough from the sound of it

As an aside, if y'all want to finance my expedition, I'm game!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I know N. Korea has labor camps in certain parts of Siberia. I wonder if this could be some work/labor camp...?

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
I know N. Korea has labor camps in certain parts of Siberia. I wonder if this could be some work/labor camp...?

-SAP-

I think you meant Russia? N. Korea doesn't have camps in Siberia....as far as I am aware.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Actually they do.

Siberia (VICE.COM) -- Kim Jong Il, the absolute dictator of North Korea, made a very rare trip outside the protection of his own borders this past August, albeit on a heavily armored private train. The reason for the trip was a meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev to talk about forming deeper trade and labor alliances between the two countries. This would all seem quite normal and boring if it weren't for the fact that a) nothing is ever normal when it comes to North Korea and, b) Vice happened to also be in the Amur region at the exact same time as Kim Jong Il. But we were there to track down a different kind of North Korean in Siberia: slaves.

Part 1 of 7. WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE!

-SAP-
edit on 14-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
FYI From Wiki

66°16′0″N 179°15′0″E

Possibly a Russian ICBM Complex, near town Egvekinot, Russia, officially claimed as gold-mining facility Kanchalano-Amguemskaya Square

There is a private 1.35 km north-south runway being concealed here according to Russianairbases.com.[citation needed]
Bing Maps displays a duplicate spliced image of an area to the southeast. Every satellite from Geohack have been blurred out also, even American satellites.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am curious what it measn by "American Sattellite's"...cuz if American gov sattellites were obscuring thier imagery for this place...My interest would peaked.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ok to redeem my self from previous post i found one more site that show a water reserve by the looks of things

so again no base

i used www.gosur.com...
which is still powered by google

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wan7ed

Here is the wiki page with every sattleite image that has obscurred or blacked out this location with links.

You can just click through and see all the different ways different Sat image providers have done it all for this location.

toolserver.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is another spot that ats find amusing. There is nothing there, it's made only for you to think. In the rest of the world they use clouds to cover up.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wan7ed
ok to redeem my self from previous post i found one more site that show a water reserve by the looks of things

so again no base

i used www.gosur.com...

Hey...No offense...but WTF?? That link ALSO shows a BIG BROWN PAINTED OUT AREA...Are you looking at your links before posting?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wan7ed

so again no base

i used www.gosur.com...

That image is from the wrong geo coordinates...maybe a thousand miles to the north. On your map the area is fuzzed out in brown.

On YOUR link...Top is where you have the image from...bottom you can see the brown out

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

I was looking a little more into the "Gold Mine" aspect of it and I found some interesting information about gold minning in Russia and the Chukotka area,

www.users.qwest.net...

INDUSTRY OVERVIEW
History: Gold-mining has always been one of the traditional and leading sectors in the Russian Far East (RFE) economy. In Soviet times, the gold-mining industry was a total government monopoly, although in the 1970s the first non-government enterprises (the so-called artels) started to appear. But the government still was strictly regulating the extraction, production, and sale of precious metals.

Before Russia started to go through reforms in the 1990s, the largest gold-mining enterprise in the RFE was SeveroVostokZoloto which covered Kolyma (Magadan), Chukotka, and Kamchatka, and produced up to 50 tons annually. Yakutzoloto from Sakha (Yakutiya) manufactured up to 30 tons per year, Amurzoloto (Amur Oblast) - 10-12 tons and Primorzoloto (Primorskiy and Kahabrovskiy Krais, and Sakhalin) - 8-10 tons.

Kubaka, in the Magadan region of northeast Russia, produced 90.8 tonnes (2.92 million ounces) of gold between 1997 and 2005. The mine was then put on care and maintenance.

(Here's a bird's eye of one of these mines in the Chukotka area)

Those are big numbers. I wouldn't be suprised if it was a super gold mine or something of that nature that they are trying to hide from the rest of the world...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Uranium?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xquietonex

You nailed it. Elements of the radar and launch tubes match up. Going for a joy ride

S-300PMU2

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilcommunist
I think someone mentioned in one of the previous threads there was an abandoned military airbase in the area.
Would make sence to blacken it out if they used it for some new purpose nowadays.

I also always wondered how this all works - so a MIB comes to a satellite-owning company and says: "Hey, you! Yeah, you! I need you to blacken out this area on the map. No time to expalain!"

But that's where i have a problem with a concealed Russian airbase too EC...how does Russia persuade every international satellite imaging company to go along with their wishes to blacken the area?

Bribes? Threats to release Russian spy satellite images of US or European areas which those countries would rather not become public knowledge either?

Maybe there is something in the area that every major nation would rather not become public...ancient structures, or pyramids or something similar maybe?

edit on 14-2-2013 by MysterX because: added comment

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Interesting Thread. We have the coordinates, how difficult would be to charter a flight and fly over that area to see what's really going on.

If there is airstrip - it might be even possible to land there.

If Mig's are following you, you know that there is something serious :-)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Russia has it blocked in the same way small areas of other nations are blocked, as true image hounds will know by stumbling across them. VAST areas of the U.S. used to be blurred in terms of interesting stuff and after 9/11? Basically anything of interest for someone to attack. Since Obama, that eased dramatically and I can now just about count roof sections on the White House or hull plates on Ohio Subs tied up at port. Either example used to be blurred beyond being useful for anything but vague images.

As to why they'd cooperate? Russia is a big country ..BIG...country. They have much that every major image provider wants and needs. Access..among other things. Google wants electronic market access and Google car access for street view? Well...just blur these coordinates and it shall be granted. Something like that is how I figure it happens across all services at the same time.

As someone else noted there though.... Seek deep and go into the other side of the net and the truth shall be revealed. Just don't look too hard for answers one may not actually want in the end. This may be one of those examples. Just sayin'.

thank you for your reply, sounds very possible

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Isn't there alot of toxic byproduct involved with certain kinds of mining? Radioactive material and whatnot?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Yes there are. Mining destroys everything about the local environment where it is undertaken. Once they are done they tend to bulldoze over the tailings and fill any pits and leach ponds, whatever. But that is just cover. The real damage (unseen) is all the residual toxins that now get leeched into groundwater and make their way to rivers and eventually wetland deltas and oceans.

It is unnatural erosion at mans finest.

Edit to add: One of the biggest environmental headaches man imparts on the biosphere. For metals, for greed, for profit. World does turn on metal. The higher the prices go the more they go back and dig up old mines and unleash a whole fresh store of buried oxides and the acids and metals (like mercury) to free the minerals from the ore.
edit on 14-2-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

surely you are trolling, that is the biggest amalgamation of mythology and semi fact i think ive ever seen that has absolutely no evidence whatsoever to verify it. Unless you have some...?

probably not id say

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

There seems to be something there. What it is, I have no Idea.

Looking careful once down the mountain there is a snowy road going south west and one possibly going north east.
edit on 14-2-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

I noticed the same thing. Probably a natural geologic feature or image artifact. Maybe something artificial. What is artificial, generally round, and put in the middle of nowhere with minimal (if any) crew?

Automated CDAA exploiting ionospheric bounce from the US (or elsewhere)? Sometimes you want to put intercept sites in weird locations, and if it's the middle of nowhere, you might try to automate it. An unguarded CDAA site, if widely known, would be targeted by adventurers and explorers.

One of those Russian doomsday repeaters that broadcast on the numbers channels? (OP, have you correlated this site with geolocated numbers channel emitters?)

Entrance to a Raven Rock-like facility? Is it within helicopter distance of any big command posts?

Beacon to call the Rohirrim?

Never mind ... I'm going with pareidolia on this one.

We must not read too much into the fact that most commercial imagery has this site blacked out--it doesn't necessarily mean a high-level conspiracy between nations. It could be something as simple as Google and Bing wanting to do business in Russia, but GeoEye not particularly caring about that market. That implies there really is something there, but Russia is the only one that wants to hide it. Another possibility is the source image used by all these services has missing data in that area, but they have all chosen different methods to cover it up. One cuts and pastes mountains, one smears the area, and the other just leaves a big black box. I don't know if all the other services use the same archetypal image, though.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join